PDA

View Full Version : 'Buy a new skin' goal- EXPIRED

GameOfFarms
09-05-14, 02:36 PM
A new reward popped up for me (I assume for most people it will) with a reward once done.
My problem is I only have gem skins left. Kinda stinks :( it's not a massive reward though.

New skins are Rustic Farmhouse and Country Kitchen.

bss18974
09-05-14, 02:56 PM
A new reward popped up for me (I assume for most people it will) with a reward once done.
My problem is I only have gem skins left. Kinda stinks :( it's not a massive reward though.

New skins are Rustic Farmhouse and Country Kitchen.

Same here... What a rip off... The only choices for building skins are 100 gem options.

Since when do we get goals that require gems?

When you add the fact that team lava has cut back on giving gems from pets etc, this is just money grubbing.

Time for us to quit this game.

Not fair.

avian946
09-05-14, 02:57 PM
Just noticed this as well! 100gems to turn my kitchen or my my farmhouse black, And as a reward for completing the task we get 50 coins. No thanks complete waste of gems! Lol

horsey3
09-05-14, 03:20 PM
Can't seem to swap skins Help!!! Please

GameOfFarms
09-05-14, 03:24 PM
Can't seem to swap skins Help!!! Please

Once you've bought your skin I think it may go into your cellar. Tap on it and drag to required pen/building(I think!!). It's been a while since I've done it so I can't quite remember!

horsey3
09-05-14, 03:27 PM
Once you've bought your skin I think it may go into your cellar. Tap on it and drag to required pen/building(I think!!). It's been a while since I've done it so I can't quite remember!

Somehow I managed to change skins, but got no credit for it. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. But I'm getting zero credit :-(. Help, lol

horsey3
09-05-14, 03:31 PM
Dragged new skin from new items. Did it several times. No credit Changed bk several times ��

yppahc
09-05-14, 03:31 PM
I think I'll give this one a miss!

horsey3
09-05-14, 03:49 PM
I wish I had.....don't even know what I did when it worked but Team Lava needs to help!!!! Old original skin is not in cellar. Grrrrrrr

bss18974
09-05-14, 04:00 PM
I wish I had.....don't even know what I did when it worked but Team Lava needs to help!!!! Old original skin is not in cellar. Grrrrrrr

NOTE: I am not in favor of this goal but I'll help you...

Click and HOLD on the house or kitchen you bought the skin for. You should then see options like rotate and the paint can. Click on the paint can and at the bottom of your screen you should see your current paint skin and the one you bought... Click on the other one to switch skins or later do this again to swap back. This is how it works with the cows so it should work this way with the two buildings that you can buy and switch skins for.

horsey3
09-05-14, 04:17 PM
NOTE: I am not in favor of this goal but I'll help you...

Click and HOLD on the house or kitchen you bought the skin for. You should then see options like rotate and the paint can. Click on the paint can and at the bottom of your screen you should see your current paint skin and the one you bought... Click on the other one to switch skins or later do this again to swap back. This is how it works with the cows so it should work this way with the two buildings that you can buy and switch skins for.

you're brilliant. Thank you. I never saw it on the bottom, long time since I've tried to switch skins. I really appreciate your help. I wish they had just given the balloon, lol. Thanks again

bss18974
09-05-14, 05:27 PM
you're brilliant. Thank you. I never saw it on the bottom, long time since I've tried to switch skins. I really appreciate your help. I wish they had just given the balloon, lol. Thanks again

You're welcome.

Wollstonecraft
09-05-14, 05:43 PM
I won't be paying gems for those new skins. They aren't even that great. Thanks but no thanks.

Sandeuro
09-05-14, 06:49 PM
What about a goal that you can actually earn gems instead of this ripp off.

sluppies
09-05-14, 11:01 PM
You don't have to use gems. I turned my sheep black and it was acknowledged, only problem now is turning them back to complete the goal

bss18974
09-05-14, 11:22 PM
You don't have to use gems. I turned my sheep black and it was acknowledged, only problem now is turning them back to complete the goal
Thanks... It worked... I bought the black skin for the sheep for $1500 and changed sheep to black and back. This did not work but did give me credit for the skin. I then edited the kitchen and clicked on the regular skin and it registered and I got the credit for changing it back.

minidemon88
09-06-14, 02:17 AM
What the heck? These new skins are expensive! 100 gems for a rewards of 50 coins. :rolleyes: Are there any more quest after this or?

GameOfFarms
09-06-14, 02:41 AM

A lot of us only have gem skins left having bought all the coin skins previously.

zozozp
09-06-14, 09:43 AM
What is a classic skin? I tried swapping a skin bought for coins, but it doesn't work. Has anyone finished this goal? I was wondering too if it's a single goal or part of a series.

bss18974
09-06-14, 10:13 AM
What is a classic skin? I tried swapping a skin bought for coins, but it doesn't work. Has anyone finished this goal? I was wondering too if it's a single goal or part of a series.

Single goal designed to get you to buy and spend gems.

bss18974
09-06-14, 10:14 AM
A lot of us only have gem skins left having bought all the coin skins previously.

Ok, sorry to hear that but did you try clicking on the standard skin of the kitchen without buying anything?

zozozp
09-06-14, 12:22 PM
Single goal designed to get you to buy and spend gems.

I guess it's good in a way. I was broke from last event! Time to recover:D

SecretTarth
09-06-14, 07:46 PM
So I bought a skin with coins and then tried switching back and forth. It registered that I bought the skin but wouldn't acknowledge my switch. What gives?

bss18974
09-06-14, 08:18 PM
So I bought a skin with coins and then tried switching back and forth. It registered that I bought the skin but wouldn't acknowledge my switch. What gives?

Just go into the edit mode on the kitchen and click the regular skin as if switching... It should register and give you credit for the goal.

yppahc
09-07-14, 10:14 AM
My goal expired.

LuckyFirefox
09-08-14, 05:24 PM
Sorry for any confusion! This goal is introducing our new skins for buildings. To complete these two tasks, you will need to buy a building skin and then switch the skin back. To switch the skins, you will need to enter Edit mode, tap the building, tap the paint can option, and choose the skin at the desired skin at the bottom of screen.

FrozenTurtle
09-09-14, 11:38 AM
My goal expired.

The goal was only available for 24 hours after starting it. Sorry for the confusion!

minidemon88
09-11-14, 11:26 AM
So my goal expired, but what happen if you press the "Finish" button? :confused:

FrozenTurtle
09-11-14, 11:34 AM
So my goal expired, but what happen if you press the "Finish" button? :confused:

Nothing happens. You won't get the reward, but it doesn't cost anything to "Finish".

minidemon88
09-11-14, 11:40 AM
Nothing happens. You won't get the reward, but it doesn't cost anything to "Finish".

So glad to know! I was kinda afraid to press the "Finish" button. Thank you FrozenTurtle! :)

s_lynne
09-11-14, 11:49 PM
Okay, for some odd reason, this goal just popped up for me. I notice that most of you are saying that your goal has "expired", so lemme ask you this: were there any "skins" that didn't require gems to purchase? If so, what happened to them?

GameOfFarms
09-12-14, 01:52 AM
Okay, for some odd reason, this goal just popped up for me. I notice that most of you are saying that your goal has "expired", so lemme ask you this: were there any "skins" that didn't require gems to purchase? If so, what happened to them?

There are a number of animal skins available for coin purchase, however it's a once off purchase that you cannot do again. So there are some of us who have already bought all of the coin skins and only have gem skins left.