PDA

View Full Version : How many counters do you keep, and what food gifts do you make room for?

addspydre
09-05-14, 05:54 AM
First off, I'm wondering how many counters you guys keep? I feel like I have a lot (60 - but on my account that I had with my old device I'm pretty sure I had more), and part of that feeling MAY BE because the food sells slower in Bakery than it does in Restaurant. I go through stages, where I'm cooking a lot at the same time, or when I'm barely cooking at all for a couple of days, except for the dishes that sell really, really fast (like jelly donuts, angel food cake, jam cookies - can't go a day without refilling those). So, as I said,, I was wondering how many counters you all keep - and possibly the ratio of food stocked by the starter oven/drink mixer to other specialty ovens.

My next question may be a little tougher. For those of you that accept food gifts, how much counter space do you keep for food gifts, and do you take all foods, or just certain ones? Right now, I have dedicated counter space to croissants (it's maxed out at 4 stars, but only takes 2 hours to bake, so not a problem if supplies run low), chocolate cake (the only food gift I haven't maxed out at 4 stars, although that will be coming shortly), cappucino (again, maxed out, but the amount that I get I rarely have to make it - one round of making it, plus gifts of it, can last me for DAYS), and then the final slot swings back and forth between brownies and hot chocolate - both of which are maxed out, however, brownies, if I run low, only take a minute to make, so it's fairly easy to pop 500 into the inventory; hot chocolate is 16 hours, so when the gift supplies run low for that, I tend to just let it run out).

So, do you accept ALL food gifts, or only certain foods? And if you accept all food gifts, do you dedicate a slot to that gift, or do you have a limited number of gift slots and rotate the food in and out based on supply?

As it is right now, I accept both food and parts as gifts (hardly have to request parts for goal appliances that way), but with how much slower things sell in Bakery, I'm considering limiting my counter space to 2, perhaps 3 slots; and again, I wanted to know about how many counters people keep up and stocked to begin with?

Any help or answers you could direct my way would be appreciated.

sally_brown
09-05-14, 09:09 AM
With regards to counters, I think I might be unusual among posters here, because I keep only five.

I accept all food gifts and only put them out periodically.

luincristiel
09-05-14, 09:48 AM
I'm keeping as few counters as possible (5 right now) to have more space for decorations - almost never keep more than 10 if I can manage.

I accept only cappuccino and put food gifts out when food stock is low (I'm using an efficient layout so sometimes I miscalculate the number of plates I have to produce everyday).

I'm interested in what you're trying to find out though - are you trying to clear food on that 60 counters?

5naiL
09-05-14, 10:23 AM
Usually no more than 5-6...and i dont accept food gifts, i prefer parts

tify74
09-05-14, 06:18 PM
I have around 20 counters at lvl 73, still have a ton of recipees to max, but the days I am buzy I cook 24 hour recipees. They r good if u want to get some counters cleared, specially red velvet cake (highest income). I found this out through some old treads about table layouts and best income food, though I dont recall the names of the treads. Simply put, u cook less than u will be able to sell.
I rarely accept food gifts, when I do only cappucino, because they sell for 10 coins each, rest for only 4 (again from old strategy treads)
But just because u accept food gifts, u dont have to put them out, u could save them for ur x-mas holiday or something like that, when u r to buzy to worry about BS :)

addspydre
09-05-14, 07:20 PM
luincristiel, basically, everything I put out sells in a cycle. Some I have to remake every day, they sell quickly, some sell slower, or they have a higher number of plates. ALMOST everything I stock gets remade once a week, usually, except the 4,000 plate bread (something a'mour, I think?). And like I said, there are some days where I'm much busier baking than others. Having goal dishes that puts out a heavy number of dishes each time slows down the sales of other stuff, so there are times when I have just goal dishes cooking, but there are other times when I've had every appliance slot filled, every one of them cooking. It just depends on how the sales fall. I've got one dish (the fruit and berry parfait, I think) that I just hit 4 stars with, and that may take 2 days to sell down and I MIGHT replace it with the new candy apple, or I might start paring down my counters again, I'm not sure. I think one thing I'm going to do is count the number of counters my neighbors have out (and the number of appliances) and see what they are doing. I know some of them have relatively few counters, and some of them, I think, have even more than me.

But again, I have to hear more feedback, and look at my neighbors and the community around me. And really take the time to write down how often I'm replacing the stock on some items, which items sell quicker than others, etc.

ojapple96
09-05-14, 07:34 PM
When you say 4 stars do you mean you've mastered the recipe (level 4)and if so are you saying once you master a recipe at level 4 then you can't make it anymore? I'm close to level 50 but have about 12 counters maybe mainly from goal requirements and then trying to match up the decor to look ok. Currentkt they are pretty full but by morning only a few will be. I may not be too helpful but just curious about 4 stars comment .

ElaineCarrel
09-05-14, 08:16 PM
I'm probably the odd man here but.....
I'm lvl 99, have been for at least 1/2 yr. I've mastered everything except the Turkey Oven and I'm days away from mastering the last recipe which is a 15hr cook and it's a pain to cook since the finished time is always changing.
I'm one of those who love every new recipe and challenges since that's the only way I can now earn gems.
Counter wise I usually have around 20-25 out at 1 time. I have 1 counter for ea type of food. Sometimes I'll go as high as 60-70 during challenges when I want to get rid of food as quickly as possible. Most challenge food will only bring in 4 coins per serving so I want it rid of quickly. Also if I need a fast influx of coin I'll put extra counters out and put RVC, EGT or sugar cookies out bcuz of their high coin returns.
The only food gift I'll take is cappuccino since it has the highest coinage. I of course accept all parts.
I cook everyday using my 22 slots. I'll split it between drink machines and ovens. Right now I'm using 11 drink machines and 10 reg ovens. I'll cook only 22hr or 2day items except for cappuccino and apple cider. I cook those 2 also bcuz of coinage.
I hope I've answered all ur questions and been of some help.

applesmcgee
09-05-14, 10:36 PM
I have way too many, taking up far too much space. So now I'm gradually letting my food sell out, putting away counters as they empty, and ONLY cooking RVC. I hope to get down to a much, much smaller and more manageable number of counters and concentrating on one or two foods at a time rather than getting so many counters I have hardly enough room for tables lol.

ETA I normally accept only cappucino; atm I'm not even accepting those due to above.

applesmcgee
09-05-14, 10:38 PM
When you say 4 stars do you mean you've mastered the recipe (level 4)and if so are you saying once you master a recipe at level 4 then you can't make it anymore? I'm close to level 50 but have about 12 counters maybe mainly from goal requirements and then trying to match up the decor to look ok. Currentkt they are pretty full but by morning only a few will be. I may not be too helpful but just curious about 4 stars comment .

you can keep making it. Just means you've gotten all the gems out of it you can so some people try and only cook food they can earn gems from (which is why people were so excited about two new regular oven recipes this update).

ojapple96
09-06-14, 01:46 PM
you can keep making it. Just means you've gotten all the gems out of it you can so some people try and only cook food they can earn gems from (which is why people were so excited about two new regular oven recipes this update).

Thanks for the clarification!

srg70
09-06-14, 08:30 PM
I only keep 2-4 counters. I only cook red velvet and sugar cookies. I master new recipes and goal recipes. These all sell out before the next goals come round.

I only accept parts as gifts.

neurotika
09-07-14, 01:18 AM
i have about 90+ counters now because recipes have a lot of servings and my priority is to earn gems. now that i have a good stock of gems and lots of food, i only bake on weekends. even with that, i only lose about a counter each week as a lot of counters have 100,000+ servings on them

i never accept food gifts. the ones i do have on stock were accepted by mistake

xoxjenn
09-07-14, 01:46 AM
I have 14 counters. I am at level 99.

Unlike most people I don't have an abundance of food. I never have. I fill all of my ovens up once a day & put all of the food out & don't bake for the rest of the day. I need to change that, but it's a habit, & I can't be on my phone often due to work, family, & life. Lol.

I accept ALL gifts. Period. I don't even look at them. I just click 'accept' all the way down the list. I put out all of my food gifts when I notice all of my counters are empty, while I bake more food.

mytsa
09-08-14, 02:22 AM
I usually have 6 counters, because there're 6 recipes / goal.
I accept both food and parts, and serve food only during the end of a goal, when food of goal recipe are sold out, and the next goal hasn't come out yet.