PDA

View Full Version : food dissapearing from my counter even when I block the door to close my store.

sweetmillies
09-04-14, 09:46 AM
I will fill up my counters with food, close my store with a chair in front of the door and close the game to go do other things on my tablet and when I get back, no matter how much food was there, it is always all gone! I may be gone for only an hour or less and it's the same thing. It is very maddening as I like to have a nice looking full counter. I have just started playing again after a few years absence and that use to happen very occasionally but not it ALWAYS happens whether I close my shop or not. I am not even sure that it is giving the money credit that all that food deserves like it did years ago. I mean really after you get a lot of food on your counter you should never have to close your shop unless you are gone for a long time. Please help!

kooky panda
09-04-14, 10:25 AM
Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game. It is a work around that some players have found. Quick sale is one of the things that can happen when you block your door.

The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

sweetmillies
09-04-14, 10:31 AM
Ok I wont block my door but it dosent seem to matter whether I block the door or not, I get quick sold as you mention. I find it hard to believe that thousands of items can sell in less than an hour. When I played a few years ago blocking the door worked great.

sweetmillies
09-04-14, 10:36 AM
You should have a way to close your store if you will be unable to play for some time. After all we all have lives and no bakery stays open 24 hours a day in real life. When I played before after I got so much food on my counter I didn't bother to close anyway since I never ran out of food. Now maybe you have the food selling faster cause it sure disappears fast.

nightshine7
09-19-14, 09:53 AM
It's all luck of the draw. I can block my B.S. door with no problem. Don't recall if it's because I moved my door. In. R.S. if I completely block it food disappears. If I partially block it food does NOT disappear.

bobbyrae
09-19-14, 01:47 PM
You should have a way to close your store if you will be unable to play for some time. After all we all have lives and no bakery stays open 24 hours a day in real life. When I played before after I got so much food on my counter I didn't bother to close anyway since I never ran out of food. Now maybe you have the food selling faster cause it sure disappears fast.

There are ways of limiting the number of plates sold without closing your doors. Just make sure your customers have access to your host table.

Here are two examples of how to limit sales:
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/af1a3a4bcb8b257efd7af3d96e6a68ed.jpg

In the case above the food will sell much slower, as customers only have access to one table.

In the case below, no food will sell, since there are no tables provided for customers to sit down. Some people will turn or remove all their chairs when they want no food to be sold. Some will block off a section of their bakery so only a few chairs and tables are available.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/image.jpg

SylvanasWindrunner
09-19-14, 05:40 PM
^ I used to put only 1 chair to slow down the sales so I can build up some stock. Food will disappear if I blocked the door in RS

jbgarza09
09-19-14, 10:33 PM
I would love for my goodies in bakery to sell fast. I'm trying to figure out away to do so I can have a bit more space to decorate. I would expand but with the holidays coming I don't want to waste coins now.

SylvanasWindrunner
09-20-14, 06:42 AM
I would love for my goodies in bakery to sell fast. I'm trying to figure out away to do so I can have a bit more space to decorate. I would expand but with the holidays coming I don't want to waste coins now.

If you want to sell "faster", Google fecsuper's efficient layout. But you have to leave the game open (actually have the app opened). Set it on camera / screen shot mode (button next to your neighbour button on top right) so there's no interruptions so you can do it overnight.

But if what you meant is the "quick sales", I don't think that thing still works because I "lost" all my food twice now trying to do the method (I was expecting quick sales that actually gives me coins, not just disappearing my food)

jbgarza09
09-20-14, 07:15 AM
If you want to sell "faster", Google fecsuper's efficient layout. But you have to leave the game open (actually have the app opened). Set it on camera / screen shot mode (button next to your neighbour button on top right) so there's no interruptions so you can do it overnight.

But if what you meant is the "quick sales", I don't think that thing still works because I "lost" all my food twice now trying to do the method (I was expecting quick sales that actually gives me coins, not just disappearing my food)

Thank you, for the info. Last night I put a cashier next to both my doors hoping my good sells fast I'll see how that goes. If not I'm gonna try that method even though I would lose coins as well.