PDA

View Full Version : They ARE my neighbor, but no option to gift, what's up?!?

infinitelove19
09-04-14, 12:30 AM
Okay, this has happened with several of my neighbors, particularly those at a lower level (I am level 30)

They gift me, but when I collect their gift and go to return, I can't. The button is faded out. I go visit them, I get the bonus for being their neighbor, can play six of their habitats, but where the gift button should be is an 'invite' button. Also, they generally do not appear on my friend list.

Is this happening to others? What's the deal?!? Sometimes the next day it goes back to normal, but other times it continues, preventing me from gifting them back. So frustrating!

mymummy789
09-04-14, 02:14 AM
You can only gift 3 neighbours a day, so if you have already sent your 3 gifts the button will be greyed out until the game resets the next day.

infinitelove19
09-04-14, 11:12 AM
You can only gift 3 neighbours a day, so if you have already sent your 3 gifts the button will be greyed out until the game resets the next day.

I have not sent 3 gifts, nor have I gifted these people yet today, or yesterday. Even if this were the case, why would there be an invite button when I am visiting a neighbor?

I tried deleting and reinstalling, but this had no effect.
Teamlava, any input?

[S8] Elsa
09-04-14, 01:40 PM
I have not sent 3 gifts, nor have I gifted these people yet today, or yesterday. Even if this were the case, why would there be an invite button when I am visiting a neighbor?

I tried deleting and reinstalling, but this had no effect.
Teamlava, any input?

Are you visiting Neighbors or Community members? You can only gift Gems to Neighbors, but you can play with pets of Community members and use the Invite button to add them.

infinitelove19
09-04-14, 11:39 PM
Elsa;960943']Are you visiting Neighbors or Community members? You can only gift Gems to Neighbors, but you can play with pets of Community members and use the Invite button to add them.

I understand. I play DS, CS, FS2 & have done for longer than I might care to admit. This is why i find it strange that my neighbors seem to sometimes *not* be neighbors, in that there is no gift option. Especially since I have some generous neighbors who gift me daily, but due to this glitch I cannot reciprocate!

when it first happened, I thought they'd lost patience since I had not gifted back, but the next day they were my neighbor again & I could gift. Now it is happening with more neighbors (who gift me) and seems not to be fixing itself. They continue to gift me, but I have no option to gift them.

infinitelove19
09-04-14, 11:42 PM
Elsa;960943']Are you visiting Neighbors or Community members? You can only gift Gems to Neighbors, but you can play with pets of Community members and use the Invite button to add them.

With these same people I cannot gift, but when I visit I get the daily bonus for visiting your neighbor & can play six instead of the norml 3 habitats, but instead of the gift button there is an invite button, which if i tap it says "So-and-so is already your neighbor"

infinitelove19
09-06-14, 08:28 PM
Any idea why I am having this problem, or what I (or you) can do to solve it???

infinitelove19
09-07-14, 12:40 AM
Another new day, have not sent any gifts yet & about 5 of my neighbors on my received gifts list are whited out. No option to gift on their page, either & they are not on my neighbors list, BUT when I visit them, I get a neighbor bonus & can play six habitats.

I'd take a picture, but don't know how. :-/

infinitelove19
09-07-14, 06:08 AM
It seems I am able to gift ppl who gifted me TODAY, but if they gifted me only on previous days, it won't let me gift. Help!

[S8] Elsa
09-08-14, 11:16 AM
Does this happen for specific neighbors or doe sit happen for all neighbors that you visit? We haven't been able to reproduce this through testing.

Please note that you can only send 3 Gifts per day. If your neighbor has already received their maximum amount of Gifts already, you will not be able to gift them.

infinitelove19
09-09-14, 04:10 AM
Elsa;962482']Does this happen for specific neighbors or doe sit happen for all neighbors that you visit? We haven't been able to reproduce this through testing.

Please note that you can only send 3 Gifts per day. If your neighbor has already received their maximum amount of Gifts already, you will not be able to gift them.

Should I email TL with my account info?

It seems to happen with most of my neighbors who have gifted me on previous days. A new day starts, I haven't sent any gifts (nor have they likely received any) and instead of a gift option is an invite button. *If* they gift me before I send my three gifts of the day, THEN the button to gift them appears both on their page and on my menu.

[S8] Elsa
09-10-14, 10:29 AM
Should I email TL with my account info?

It seems to happen with most of my neighbors who have gifted me on previous days. A new day starts, I haven't sent any gifts (nor have they likely received any) and instead of a gift option is an invite button. *If* they gift me before I send my three gifts of the day, THEN the button to gift them appears both on their page and on my menu.

Yes, please email support@teamlava.com. If you are able, please also attach screenshots of what's happening to your email so our support team can investigate this further. Please send me a private message with your ticket number.

infinitelove19
09-12-14, 10:50 AM
How do I do a screenshot? I play on an iPad mini if this matters.

[S8] Elsa
09-12-14, 06:16 PM
How do I do a screenshot? I play on an iPad mini if this matters.

In order to take a screenshot on an Apple device, press the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time. The Sleep button is located on the upper edge of your device and the Home button is the button in the bottom center. The snapshot will be saved in the Photos section of your device.