PDA

View Full Version : Glimmerdust

FrostyFrida
09-02-14, 09:58 PM
Anyone know the best way to get Glimmerdust? Seems to be needing a lot of it, for Magic ink, Ivy's hut, and I rarely find it. Getting frustrated!! Please give me some good advice :-)

EBJW
09-02-14, 10:37 PM
The easiest I think: the mushrooms, especially the red mushroom circle.

And you can ask it as a gift from neighbours.

abbystreats8
09-02-14, 10:44 PM
Is the drop rate for the red mushroom circles better than for the normal one? I also found glimmerdust in the Old Log, which I used to get red petals.

EBJW
09-02-14, 10:50 PM
Is the drop rate for the red mushroom circles better than for the normal one? I also found glimmerdust in the Old Log, which I used to get red petals.

Yes, in my experience it is.

Glimmerdust can be found in lots of things. Maguar said elsewhere: "It's a rare drop from mushroom patches, mushroom circles, red mushroom circles, tall grass, ferns, old logs, plant in log dead trees, Ivy's Hut, Magic Garden, Sir Pigglesworth, Feed the Baron, Glimmerdust trove, gifts from neighbours. Please note that red mushroom circles will occasionally drop two."

FrostyFrida
09-02-14, 11:04 PM
Thanks �� ✨✨

PurpleScorpion76
09-05-14, 05:05 AM
Also fighting trolls and from adventures.

fluffybutter007
09-05-14, 07:45 AM
I really like my glimmerdust troves. I accidentally bought one, but I did get three free from adventuring. They really come in handy! :)

Anaboe
09-05-14, 06:17 PM
I've gotten 3 glimmerdust troves from adventuring (got my 3rd one today, yeah!), agree with fluffybutter, they sure are handy: often I put them in storage because I'm maxed out on glimmerdust, and I don't want to "waste" my energy on collecting things I already have too much of.

abbystreats8
09-05-14, 09:09 PM
Which adventures do you get glimmerdust troves from? How is the drop rate and how often can you tend?

EBJW
09-05-14, 10:18 PM
Which adventures do you get glimmerdust troves from? How is the drop rate and how often can you tend?

There's a quest involving Ivy: ' Treasure Troves'. That quest opens a relevant adventure, it sends you to get a glimmerdust trove.

After finishing that quest disappears, but sometimes knights bring you another glimmerdust trove as a present (I've got 9 now, I think...).

Glimmerdust trove: collect every 4 hours. About 2, 3 glimmerdust every time.

abbystreats8
09-06-14, 04:17 PM
Great, thank you!

PurpleScorpion76
10-06-14, 05:07 PM
You can also get it from the Faerie Respite and Magic Garden.

ryusei745
10-06-14, 05:14 PM
which adventure is it that drops the troves? can any of them? i would love to get a large collection of them just for show.

Anaboe
10-06-14, 06:24 PM
Dunno, but I've noticed that the more expensive adventures, often drop better items.

PurpleScorpion76
10-08-14, 03:01 PM
I remember being at that stage in the game and getting incredibly frustrated with the lack of Glimmerdust, at that stage mushrooms or chopping logs are your best bet along with asking neighbours to gift Glimmerdust. I can't remember if trolls are part of the game though so start chopping rocks if they are.

Chaotarch
10-08-14, 10:40 PM
which adventure is it that drops the troves? can any of them? i would love to get a large collection of them just for show.

Explore the dark caves drops it

danzplace
10-11-14, 05:07 AM
As soon as I broke down and bought one, it was my first gem purchase, I received 3 more through adventures. Well worth the investment, in my opinion. With four, I receive 8 or 9 each time I collect.