PDA

View Full Version : Best use of resources: beehive, llama, more craft buildings?

dantonheights
08-31-14, 08:25 AM
I'm level 35 and have saved up 20 of each paper required to expand. I'm trying to decide what to do next.

I could save coins for the beehive or llama, or I could just expand my property and save coins for craft buildings like the deli or the jelly maker. I recently saved for the forge and wished I hadn't wasted my coins on it--I don't find it very useful, because I get plenty of tools from deliveries, and it seems to take a lot of resources to make anything.

Another option, of course, is the train station.

What's going to give me the best return for my investment?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

ciarjen
08-31-14, 08:59 AM
I'm level 35 and have saved up 20 of each paper required to expand. I'm trying to decide what to do next.

I could save coins for the beehive or llama, or I could just expand my property and save coins for craft buildings like the deli or the jelly maker. I recently saved for the forge and wished I hadn't wasted my coins on it--I don't find it very useful, because I get plenty of tools from deliveries, and it seems to take a lot of resources to make anything.

Another option, of course, is the train station.

What's going to give me the best return for my investment?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I agree about the forge but none of these buildings are that great in terms of return for money spent on them :p

I would say my best investment was the train station as it is the only thing which has enabled me to grow the farm and keep playing. There's always been a shortage of paint for me and doing train deliveries has meant I have earned gems to buy paint. Each train delivery is worth 5 gems and every time I got to 8 gems I would click on buy a paint in my barn.

Once you load a train a new one will arrive 12 hours later, so you could do 2 per day but usually I find it takes a few hours to find all the items I need in my neighbours shops so I aim for one delivery per day. I try to keep the very rare items in stock in my barn and I have a very big list of high level neighbours with full shops to buy from. I just discard orders that are just impossible. Train deliveries do cost money to buy the items but it is worth it to get paint and expand the barn, in my opinion.

The beehive gives 3 wax/1 honey per 3 hours with a total selling price of 97 coins.

You can also use those items in the jelly maker and candle maker but by the time you add the other ingredients, the returns are not that great.

I would say definitely expand to the mine, have two windmills and two dairies and then I think the best return buildings are the second bait shop and the juicer.

The deli is OK. There is a 3 hour recipe which takes 3 spinach, 2 tomatoes and 2 carrots which I use a lot and sells for about 200 coins.

As for the Llama.....don't bother :p

dantonheights
08-31-14, 09:12 AM
Ciarjen , thanks for the quick and thorough reply. The details about how the train works are helpful--I didn't know it gave gems for orders completed.