PDA

View Full Version : Stunning Bruno 3 times?

sgtpete
08-30-14, 09:37 AM
I am trying to complete the challenges as I go along. For some reason I can never stun Bruno 3 times in a game. I know it says to have to hit him for 10%. Is the 10% of his original point total? Or should it get easier as his numbers go down? I assume I have to wait until he is no longer stunned before I can stun him again. Anyone have any strategies that might help?

FrozenTurtle
09-02-14, 10:54 AM
You can stun him if you do 10% of his original hit points. For example, 40% to 30% would stun him but 40% to 36% (-4% is 10% of 40%) would not. You can continue to stun him while he is already stunned and still complete the challenge. Good luck!

helens333
09-10-14, 12:05 PM
I am super stuck on Level 48's challenge (stun Bruno the Bear 3 times).:confused: I am able to pass this level with no problem, but I am not able to complete the challenge.
I find it impossible to stun him 3 times, as it seems there are not enough pastries or cookies to do so. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions? Thank you!

brandonu
09-10-14, 12:56 PM
You can stun him if you do 10% of his original hit points. For example, 40% to 30% would stun him but 40% to 36% (-4% is 10% of 40%) would not. You can continue to stun him while he is already stunned and still complete the challenge. Good luck!

This is a helpful explanation. I did not realize it was based off the original hit points or that you could stun while already stunned.

FrozenTurtle
09-10-14, 01:10 PM
This is a helpful explanation. I did not realize it was based off the original hit points or that you could stun while already stunned.

Sorry! I got some clarification on the second part. You will need to wait for Bruno to become unstunned. Then, the next move, you can stun him again. You will need to stun him on separate occasions in order to complete challenges asking you to stun him a certain number of times.

brandonu
09-10-14, 01:17 PM
Sorry! I got some clarification on the second part. You will need to wait for Bruno to become unstunned. Then, the next move, you can stun him again. You will need to stun him on separate occasions in order to complete challenges asking you to stun him a certain number of times.
No worries. This explanation is more in line with what I've seen in game. I'm stuck on the level 48 challenge like a lot of others.

cloudsail
09-10-14, 05:07 PM
No worries. This explanation is more in line with what I've seen in game. I'm stuck on the level 48 challenge like a lot of others.

This doesn't seem possible :(

Sefyre
09-11-14, 03:58 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that I've spent an extremely long time on this challenge and that it's still not completed.

Unlike the other TL match-3 games or puzzle games, Cupcake Mania only unlocks a new Challenge after an older one is finished.

It would be greatly appreciated if there were other challenges we could work on when faced with a particularly stubborn challenge that's difficult to accomplish. As is, it's frustrating me enough to just quit. I can complete the other levels and all, but the lack of challenges besides the super frustration level 48 one just takes away a good bit of fun and reason for interest.

cloudsail
09-16-14, 03:30 AM
I just wanted to chime in and say that I've spent an extremely long time on this challenge and that it's still not completed.

Unlike the other TL match-3 games or puzzle games, Cupcake Mania only unlocks a new Challenge after an older one is finished.

It would be greatly appreciated if there were other challenges we could work on when faced with a particularly stubborn challenge that's difficult to accomplish. As is, it's frustrating me enough to just quit. I can complete the other levels and all, but the lack of challenges besides the super frustration level 48 one just takes away a good bit of fun and reason for interest.

Hear hear

corissa0426
09-21-14, 12:44 PM
I am a little confused about stunning Bruno the Bear using the percentage. Can you please help me? I cAnnot beat the challenge.
Do I have to go by the # of pastries I have to get in order to beat the level? Thank you!

corissa0426
09-21-14, 12:46 PM
I definitely agree! I'm past level 48 but I am going back because I want to beat the challenges. It's not fun when there aren't any challenges to beat...and you can't earn anything without them! Did you figure it out because I still can't...I do not understand the % everyone is mentioning.

FrozenTurtle
09-22-14, 11:48 AM
I am a little confused about stunning Bruno the Bear using the percentage. Can you please help me? I cAnnot beat the challenge.
Do I have to go by the # of pastries I have to get in order to beat the level? Thank you!

The percentage is just there to show you what percent of his original HP he has left. 1% could actually be 5 or 10 pastries that you need to match.

cloudsail
10-03-14, 07:38 PM
For people still trying for this... by some miracle I managed to pass this, and it's the last challenge. There are no more. So if you're trying to pass it to unlock more challenges, don't bother.

msamandafd
01-21-15, 08:23 AM
A clarification on the 10% as I see it. If the total needed to defeat Bruno at the beginning of the game is 250 then you need to reduce that by 25 points in one move. 250 x 0.10= 25. If the beginning total is 100 then you need to get 10 points in one move to stun him. 100 x 0.10 = 10. The easiest way to figure out how many points are needed to stun Bruno is if the beginning total needed to defeat him ends in a 0 then just drop the zero off the end and you will have the number you need. Such as the following: 90 becomes 9, 120 becomes 12, 230 becomes 23, and so on. Hope this helps.