PDA

View Full Version : Duplicates and selling.

KadeeDid
08-29-14, 09:41 PM
Do people sell duplicates from the nest or evolve them? I was evolving to level 4 but now see that revenue is 100 coins whether you sell the egg or a level 4 animal. I keep one of each animal and sell lowest earning duplicates.

hansmolln
08-29-14, 11:27 PM
I sell them immediately if I don't want them, I don't see any need to waste food on animals that I don't want to keep. A reason to keep duplicates: when you are at the beginning and don't have all your habitats full, then it's a good idea to have as many animals as you can to earn coins.

I would only keep duplicates that earn more coins than other duplicates that I already have and sell the other ones. So in the beginning, I had an island fill of pandas, then later I sold many pandas and replaced them with aquatters and iciclaws. And then I started replacing those with dark creatures. Now I only have duplicates for gargolem, pegasus and emerald dragons.

KadeeDid
08-29-14, 11:49 PM
I sell them immediately if I don't want them, I don't see any need to waste food on animals that I don't want to keep. A reason to keep duplicates: when you are at the beginning and don't have all your habitats full, then it's a good idea to have as many animals as you can to earn coins.

I would only keep duplicates that earn more coins than other duplicates that I already have and sell the other ones. So in the beginning, I had an island fill of pandas, then later I sold many pandas and replaced them with aquatters and iciclaws. And then I started replacing those with dark creatures. Now I only have duplicates for gargolem, pegasus and emerald dragons.

Thank you. I am used to other games where you need to evolve the animal to sell or trade.

kittkat114
10-09-14, 08:48 AM
I sell my commons off the nest, place my rares and super rares. In DS, I keep 2 of each super rare, so I'm sort of sticking with that. I feed each super rare to level 3, but not enough to evolve. If I need space for a new creature of any level, I'll sell a repeat rare first.

zenobia42
10-09-14, 02:17 PM
My style:

First of all, I never sell off a super rare. Maybe when this game is as old as DS, I will need to sell some low-income super rare duplicates to make room for new breeds, but if that time comes, it's a long way off.

Early in this game, I kept all duplicates if I had room in my forest for them. Even if I had to buy a small fire or other small habitat to put them in. Even fairy ferrets lol. I leveled almost every critter I had to 7. They always lasted long enough to repay the investment LONG before I sold them off so it was worth it. [For example, take just a lowly armordillo. If you breed one, and have the space and can buy a small fire habitat to put him in and level him to 7, the habitat plus apples (by planting power pears) cost a total of 5,570 coins. That L7 armordillo earns only 140 coins an hour. But even that means he repays the 5,570 investment in him in under 2 days (40 hours to be exact). And any dark or electrical hybrid common earns a LOT more (L7 = 242 and 273 respectively) meaning, habitats aside, they repay the food investment in less than 1 day..

Later, when I ran out of space / habitats in my kingdom, I began selling off the duplicate commons <L10 to replace them with rares and super rares as I bred them. I am still doing this. When I could only fit 66 animals, soon after I reached the replacement phase, I had a perfect 3:2:1 split (33 commons, 22 rares and 11 super rares)... which also means my forest was 50% common. Now, with 94 animals, the split is 37:38:18:1. Hey, I just realized that I have more rares than commons now, cool! Anyway, that means in that time I gained 4 commons, 16 rares, 7 super rares, and finally the unicorn. Obviously, I bred a LOT more commons than that. And when the electric commons came out, I KEPT a lot more commons than that, as I made a plethora of electric habitats which take so nice and long to fill with coins... But every time I breed a rare or super rare now, except the once a week I can expand, I ditch another common. Eventually, I will have only 1 of each common. Except young ones that I just think are too cute lol.