PDA

View Full Version : Completed Album

Petasos
08-29-14, 03:07 PM
Just rushed new emerald dragon into evolution flower. That was my last missing critter. So I have a complete album, at least for the next couple of days.

Pretty excited...

SANDSCApe
08-29-14, 03:33 PM
Just rushed new emerald dragon into evolution flower. That was my last missing critter. So I have a complete album, at least for the next couple of days.

Pretty excited...

Didn't you JUST breed your first Unicorn like ... YESTERDAY? And you're already evolving an Emerald? Wow!

Okay, folks, you can all start hating Petasos now for having it all. Petasos will not be allowed to complain about anything on this forum ever again.

LOL. Congratulations! You should have a week of bliss. No new animals until next Friday. Unless...
Unless the TROLL raises it's ugly head in the Volcanic Badlands of the Battlegrounds this weekend. Heehahaha!

Petasos
08-29-14, 03:45 PM
Didn't you JUST breed your first Unicorn like ... YESTERDAY? And you're already evolving an Emerald? Wow!

Okay, folks, you can all start hating Petasos now for having it all. Petasos will not be allowed to complain about anything on this forum ever again.

LOL. Congratulations! You should have a week of bliss. No new animals until next Friday. Unless...
Unless the TROLL raises it's ugly head in the Volcanic Badlands of the Battlegrounds this weekend. Heehahaha!

Yep I can never say bad things again. Sorry to everyone for my poor sportsmanship.

So yeah I spent $20 and 5 gem speed ups on a 1 hour breed. Got nothing. Spent $10 more this morning while home from work an got it with 98 gems remaining. So with 8 gems I put it in the cooker with not enough to speed it any further. I will see it again tomorrow morning. :)

igames4me
08-29-14, 03:46 PM
Congrats.... I still need 10 in each account

zenobia42
08-29-14, 03:59 PM
WOW! That is awesome, Petasos, CONGRATS!

hansmolln
08-29-14, 11:22 PM
I had a completed album a while back until they released new creatures. I didn't feel the need to keep up after that.

Somehow, they new creatures are less important to me, I mainly cared about the ones that were there from the beginning. And it was like a goal that I completed once. I don't want to keep running after a completed album since the chase would never stop.

jim23cash
08-30-14, 03:08 AM
I have everything except the troll... so Far! Chasing the completed album is the fun part!

debhutchinson
09-03-14, 11:21 AM
I have everything except the troll... so Far! Chasing the completed album is the fun part!

I agree I enjoy filling up my album. I have everything except Fates. When I get him I will have no where to put him.

zenobia42
09-03-14, 11:57 AM
Just put my troll in the nest, and the rainguin + firefox I just put in the den (in yet another faile uniocrn attempt) got a 17:00 breed time... which means I finally got a sea drake! So I am down to missing only 2 rares (rockodile & spruce moose) and 3 super rares (vinotaur, grassquatch, onyx ox). And, of course, still missing both ultra rares. I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that I get those 5 missing rares/super rares, and whatever is new this week and the next etc. before I get a unicorn. Any takers on that bet? Probably not lol.

55lee55
09-08-14, 08:31 AM
Congratulations Petasos! That is truly an accomplishment! I am thrilled for you! Well Done!

I needed only the Emerald Dragon before the new Electric critters were released, then I figured I would be short another three or four for awhile, but those popped out one after another, so I am still needing only the Emerald Dragon. I will likely always have that blank spot in my Album, lol.

Unless there is a big gem sale when I happen to have a couple of gift cards, or TL does the unthinkable and puts the Emerald on sale, I don't expect to be joining you in the Full Album Club, but I am so happy to see that it can be done!

Are there others that anyone knows of or are you the entire Club? Eventually there will be a larger Club, but the most awesome thing about membership is that there is no resting on laurels because new critters will be released so it will take quite a bit of work not just to get these but to stay there. But ever getting there is deserving of an award and realistically not something the average player is ever likely to accomplish.

How about it TL? Can you give an award in the form of a decoration for those who do the near impossible and make the Full Album Club? Maybe a golden Album on a stand? Even as collectables for those few who manage to keep doing it when new critters are released? I can't imagine that membership in this club will ever be commonplace. The cost to TL would be minimal. The reward might be more $ in TL's pockets. Something like that might push those like me to envy Petasos enough to try a bit harder?

Again Petasos, awesome job!

cquinn32
09-08-14, 09:36 AM
Yes awesome job Petasos!! I too have a completed album with all animals at least to level 10.

orleansparish
09-08-14, 11:06 AM
Congrats! I was trying to complete my album, with two missing, then the dark and unicorn dragon came. Now the lightning. I have yet to bother with a battle dragon. I think I'll be far behind at the rate new things are coming. I'm Trying to breed a unicorn, while also expanding to the lightning dragon.

cquinn32
09-11-14, 08:48 AM
Once again my album is complete!! Got really lucky in my breeding for sphynx

zenobia42
09-11-14, 10:53 AM
Congrats, Petasos and cquinn32!!!!!

IMO, there are 2 different goals in this game to aim for:
1) to get all the gemstone animals (currently the unicorn and the emerald, though I expect there to be more added slowly over time).
2) to complete your album other than those ultra rares.
The ULTIMATE is to have both those accomplishments. So kudos to you both on that enormity!

With the game determined to refuse to ever give me a unicorn, and it now rendering it nearly impossible to get an emerald even if you have a unicorn, I have been pinning more hope on reaching goal 2 than goal 1. But I can't even get that one. Every time I finally tick one off, 1-2 are added. So that I can actually accomplish a goal eventually even with no luck, I am also trying for a made-up goal of 1 million per day income. But without gemstones, it will take AGES to get there. While I am numerically 3/4 of the way there, time-wise I am nowhere close - increasing income now costs much more food and it can take a whole day just to increase 1 animal by 1 level. If I could afford to expand more, and therefore fit more habitats, that would help a lot. But I look at my neighbors and almost universally those with multiple ultra rares have been able to expand much more quickly than those of us without, even myself who has one of the best incomes in the game among us with no ultras. It would have been cool of the game to make the ultra rares coveted for their rarity and superior beauty, but not ALSO given those who have them huge advantages over those who do not in every aspect of the game. But clearly they want them to be superior in every way to make us to covet them so badly we cave and buy them for gems. I will not cave though. I will do my best to be satisfied with achieving much lesser goals I make up for myself that I can one day achieve even without luck. :)

jim23cash
09-12-14, 02:12 AM
Are you all counting the troll in your album? I've had a complete album since my Emerald almost constantly until the Sphynx, and I'm still trying for that. But I'm not counting the troll, since it's a non-breedable one. Do you have the troll already? I've been kinda slow on the battles, don't love fighting so much. Just curious how you are figuring! ;) Annie

55lee55
09-15-14, 12:36 PM
I am so lucky! Did it! I was ready to buy the Emerald Dragon egg, then tried to breed for one more fail to get enough explosives to expand while waiting for bought egg to hatch, when the fail didn't! It was a 45 hour breeding, which I sped through still not believing I was so lucky!

So as of this moment, my Album is Full 50/50 to at least level 10!

Never expected to get it without buying the Emerald. Made it without buying any eggs. Since I had already bought $100 worth of gems so I could buy the egg, I fed and sped at least one animal if not already there to Level 10 and for my Pegasi Air Force, every Habitat has one Pegasus at Level 10 and all of the others are Level 8.

I didn't expect to be at this point this early in the game, even had I bought the egg. Now I don't need to be so lucky for a while because I don't expect TL to release another gemstone animal right away. Plus I made the Full Album Club and joined you all here while I only needed to get 50 animals! :D

Petasos
09-15-14, 01:08 PM
Well done, and Congratulations!!

jim23cash
09-16-14, 02:59 AM
We'll, no one answered about the troll, but I got him now anyway, and the two new hybrids, so I'm back in the complete album club, at least until they release the super rare Stone/Electric! ;) yay!

cquinn32
09-16-14, 07:20 AM
We'll, no one answered about the troll, but I got him now anyway, and the two new hybrids, so I'm back in the complete album club, at least until they release the super rare Stone/Electric! ;) yay!

Awesome job!! I decided to stop breeding electric/stone until they release the super rare.

zenobia42
09-16-14, 04:28 PM
Well, with my new Vinotaur, I had gotten my list of missing animals down to 8. Today it went right back up to 11. After SO much work to get it from 11 to 8 despite new creatures appearing. This is clearly never going to happen for me. Not even a full album minus the ultras. Not if they continue adding animals at their current rate of 3-5 per week.

cquinn32
09-28-14, 06:59 AM
Well after hatching my hedgehog this morning I now have my album complete again!!

SANDSCApe
09-28-14, 11:06 AM
I can say with certainty that album completion will be impossible for me without a sizable investment of real money. The simple reason is that there will never be enough time to catch up even if I suddenly became the most lucky and successful breeder.

The 16 breeds I'm missing would all together take 228 hours to breed and 228 hours to hatch. I would therefore need 19 days of non-stop fail-free breeding and hatching to produce the missing 16.

Within those 3 weeks, however, anywhere from 9 to 12 new breeds may be introduced to the game.
So I would estimate that any player missing more than a dozen breeds would find album completion impossible without speed-breeding & speed-hatching, or buying some animals directly.

If the rate at which new animals are introduced surpasses the rate at which you are able to breed them, or if you started the game any later than August, such is your fate.

I would advise players not to worry too much if they're missing a bunch of animals. You can still build an impressive collection without having every last critter. Gotta admire players with full albums though. Visit their forests to see all the animals and make sure you play on their habitats. They've got a lot of mouths to feed!

flowless
09-30-14, 11:46 AM
Iam back again to missing 10 animals after today's update

I remember when I was closing the gap at 5 before 4 animals per week happened

55lee55
09-30-14, 10:49 PM
When on 9/15 I filled my entire album, including Gems, at 50/50 all to at least level 10 I never expected to make it again.

Tonight I sped hatched the Hedgehog which had been holding me back! After winning the Terrier in battle and getting a lucky breeding of the new Hippograyph, and breaking out all my gems I once again, and I am sure for the last time, I filled my album with 58/58.

I am not going to even try for Level 10 on all possible animals simply because since the Evolution times have been extended to up to eight times tthe previous times, I don't believe it would ever be possible to raise all animals to Level 10 or above with the new extented evolve times. New animals will be released before all of today's animals have time to evolve.

I am pretty thrilled that I made it to 58/58 because as the number of animals increase with the increased breeda and evolve times, I doubt anyone, even with the help of gems, would be able to continue to keep up much further than I accomplished tonight with a combination of extreme good luck and a lot of gems.

I am very happy to have done it a second time with a Full Album of 58/58 animals this evening! That includes all possible animals to date including the battle awards.

Good luck to everyone else! Don't give up on those Gems because they will sneak up and land in front of you when you least expect it!

zenobia42
10-06-14, 01:10 PM
After scoring 5 new critters since September 24th (hedgehog, rockodile, terradactyle, koala cadabra and finally storm sphinx), I am finally back to only missing 8 again (unicorn, emerald, hippogryph, gold lion, elephantum, onyx ox, spruce moose, and STILL don't have the grassquatch which has been available since day 1).

Of course, they'll release something tomorrow to bump me back up to 9... or 10 or 11.

I am thinking of taking another 1 or 2 breeding pairs break from unicorn-seeking futility to try to just get one fo the two on that list that are just rares. Maybe the moose since I'd rather wait for there to be a dark-electric super to also try for while trying for the elephantum.

55lee55
10-07-14, 12:59 AM
I am shocked and thrilled to have completed my Album once again. I have my Elephantum evolving now, and when she is done I will have 60/60 with at least one of every animal evolved to level 10!

I am amazed at my luck. While I have only one each of the Gem creatures, my ten Pegasi, plus the high earners have finally pushed me over that invisable barrier that is allowing me to begin saving coins faster than I am spending them. does anyone have an idea of how many of us have all of the animals to date?

It didn't help me a bit in the last battle because while I was fighting the animals in the List, the lowest level was, I belive, Level 13 and they were usually Level 15, although I only had five Level 15 animals. Nevertheless, the battles were exciting and I discovered that following the lead of others I made it through with some effort which added to the game. Winning every battle takes the fun out of it, just as losing every battle would. This forum is a great help, and without everyone's input and suggestions, I would not be doing this well I am sure, despite my good luck.

I saw no way possible to reach a full Album with 60 animals. But I made it. Having a full album has drawbacks because it costs more than the common and even some rare and the more rare animals earn even when Mature at Level 10. I have had to sell much better income producers in order to maintain many low earning animals. So don't sweat it if you don't try for or get a full Album. It is costly and has drawbacks. There are many valid playing strategies that will soon leave me in your dust because of limited room and resources. So I am bragging a bit about reaching a personal goal, but have to point out that there are other, more profitable goals than having a full Album.

So don't stress just because I have a full Album, or because you are missing a bunch. You can outrun me if you keep the high earners, rather than selling them because of limited room as I need to.

Keep on playing toward your own goal! If it is a full Album, I have done it and I am sure there are others, so it can be done. :D I was convinced a week ago that it was impossible and proved myself wrong. :)

SANDSCApe
10-07-14, 07:21 AM
Actually, Lee, it is NOT possible for everyone. Not without gem purchases anyway. Once a player is missing more than a dozen or so rares/supers/ultras, the only way to catch up and stay in pace with new arrivals is by VERY SUCCESSFUL speed-breeding (apart from buying the animals, of course).

But you're right that this is not the only goal in the game. In fact, it isn't even an official goal at all! TeamLava didn't bother to give special album rewards like they did in Dragon Story, and nowhere has there ever been a full-album prize. It's a matter of personal satisfaction. Also, as you note, a full album means you have a sizable cohort of dead-weights; but most players have those anyway because hardly anybody throws out unique animals, no matter how lowly.

I am one who's willing to toss the slackers. If I can't be "complete", at least let me be stinking rich. LOL

55lee55
10-07-14, 07:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being stinking rich! I just finished making a list of low earners that are duplicates, even though they have been evolved, that I am willing to sell to make room for new animals or lucky high earners. I am finally making coins and it is a fine feeling so don't blame you a bit!

cquinn32
10-07-14, 07:50 PM
Congrats 55lee55!!! Job well done!! This is and always will be my ultimate goal (completed album). Missing 4 right now seeing as that stinking hippo just refuses to show up.

EviBrooklyn
10-14-14, 05:04 PM
I just got my last missing piece of my album... Zabra 23 hours breeding... So finally I'll have a full album for once, unless they release a new one tomorrow

zenobia42
10-14-14, 08:13 PM
CONGRATS, Brooklyn! And they probably won't release anything new until Friday, so you can rest on your laurels a bit. ;)

EviBrooklyn
10-14-14, 08:59 PM
CONGRATS, Brooklyn! And they probably won't release anything new until Friday, so you can rest on your laurels a bit. ;)

Thanks Zenobia. I wish I can have another baby unicorn so I can keep it as a baby bc she is so cute at that stage :-)

zenobia42
10-15-14, 09:20 AM
Thanks Zenobia. I wish I can have another baby unicorn so I can keep it as a baby bc she is so cute at that stage :-)

The baby is soooo adorable, I agree. But the adult form is majestic so I love it for different reasons.

Pretty much ALL the animals are adorable as babies. If we could have enough space and habitats, I'd try to have a park with an adult and baby of every critter. :)

EviBrooklyn
10-15-14, 09:48 AM
The baby is soooo adorable, I agree. But the adult form is majestic so I love it for different reasons.

Pretty much ALL the animals are adorable as babies. If we could have enough space and habitats, I'd try to have a park with an adult and baby of every critter. :)

I have a baby cosmic Phoenix that I refuse to evolve bc she is so cute. Lol

zenobia42
10-15-14, 10:24 AM
I have a baby cosmic Phoenix that I refuse to evolve bc she is so cute. Lol

I have an adolescent armordillo in my sole fire habitat. I keep ditching the duplicates of other commons every time I breed new rares and super rares... but he is so cute I just can't lol.

I am down to only 15 common duplicates. And even though all 14 of the others earn more income, I'll sell them off before my little armordillo.

EviBrooklyn
10-15-14, 10:51 AM
I have an adolescent armordillo in my sole fire habitat. I keep ditching the duplicates of other commons every time I breed new rares and super rares... but he is so cute I just can't lol.

I am down to only 15 common duplicates. And even though all 14 of the others earn more income, I'll sell them off before my little armordillo.

Lol... At least you're not being forced to sell rare duplicates

zenobia42
10-15-14, 10:54 AM
Lol... At least you're not being forced to sell rare duplicates
Not for a while anyway!

EviBrooklyn
10-17-14, 06:59 AM
Not for a while anyway!

Zen, don't send me gems back at dragon story. I don't care about that game so you might as well gift them to someone else. Whenever I'll log on to DS, I'll send you mine daily allowance