PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 08/28/14 - Anniversary Tournament Part 1

Pages : 1 [2]

mgt1112
09-03-14, 03:09 PM
I have a problem. I was given a mystery fragment 4 times but when I tried to use each one they would disappear. Any suggestions on what can be done about this?

TheBoulder2
09-03-14, 04:57 PM
Deep Mine collections # 19 & #20; no mystery fragment.

WorldOfMakeBelieve
09-03-14, 06:08 PM
Where do you get the quest book?

Upper left hand corner of your screen. Click on it and the "Kingdom Goals" show up. It doesn't say quest book. That is just how players refer to it; it can be confusing. Welcome to the game and beware of the gem traps.

pms3665
09-03-14, 06:18 PM
me, too. I'm hoping for #21 or #22 for mystery fragment

no luck.

now waiting for my 23rd and/or 24th try

this just isn't fun any more

trilogylass
09-03-14, 06:32 PM
I also have collected from deep mine every day as often as allowed and nothing! Very frustrating! I can't believe it's time for possibly new quest tomorrow and made no progress on last week. Keep your fingers crossed I'll be put out of my misery soon.

fish63
09-03-14, 07:21 PM
Look in your storage! I used gems to speed up deep mine, then discovered lated a fragment in my storage! Guess I missed seeing it drop! Should be later! LOL

DrP4ever
09-03-14, 07:52 PM
Not a single skunkupine but dire boars just keep coming!

Lavendah42
09-03-14, 09:57 PM
Still stuck on step 5, waiting for that darned fragment to drop. Was begining to wonder if it had dropped early on but went AWOL with some reloading glitch, but reading so many other people having the same problem I guess not... 2 lvl 5 mines, collect twice a day for days on end... once again that randomness messes with some and not others :/

TheBoulder2
09-04-14, 04:01 AM
Deep Mine collection #21; no mystery fragment
Deep Mine collection #22; mystery fragment!!!

Huzzah!

paisdelasmaravillas
09-04-14, 04:46 AM
22 collections from deep mine (lvl 5 & 4) to obtain the fragment
After This... More than 150 crops from Wheat, sugar and Corn and 0 skunkupines. Incredible! More than 30 hours with no one skunkupine !!
Of course... 20 crops of chocolate and cabbage and i see 4 dire boars!
The lovekupines don't count
And After collect from my cows more than 70 times only one fangbeast.
This is impossible!

roguebee
09-04-14, 05:13 AM
Finally received my fragment on the 23rd collection from a deep mine. Now to find the beasts to battle. At least on the last trip to the Feral Lands, my Knights brought home a skunkupine trap.

freesiawoods
09-04-14, 05:56 AM
Got the mystery fragment quickly but fangbeasts are suddenly rare!

Seriously700
09-04-14, 06:15 AM
I got my mystery fragment last night on try # 17 (or possibly 19) from a level 5 deep mine.

I'm doing well with getting skunkupines from wheat and sugar, but no fang beasts after more than 30 animal collections. Yesterday morning, I got a fangbeast from my stables, then another from my hatcheries, then another from my cows. Three in a matter of minutes with less than 10 collections! But of course I didn't need them yesterday lol

HistoryGirl7
09-04-14, 06:26 AM
Do you think we will get an update today?

mrosmeows
09-04-14, 07:50 AM
Even if we do I can't more forward still no fragment.

HistoryGirl7
09-04-14, 07:50 AM
Even if we do I can't more forward still no fragment.

Me either :/

Edited to add: oh wow - I just got it.

badbunny42
09-04-14, 08:20 AM
Finished part 1 just in time for part 2. Yippee. Fragment took forever. Beasts went fast. Seems like anytime I tap fast a beast shows up. Even when I don't want them haha

StoryPlayer67
09-04-14, 08:32 AM
I found that fang beast love eggs, all farm animals. Click on ALL of them. I find that the skunk likes wheat. click All the wheat use up energy when one shows up I click edit to stop and do it again. I took me 3 days deep mine level 5. I am done and ready for the next step. I am still getting request for solvent I learned to only pick 20-25 people I know that are active then I go do stormie last. I had my request in 2 days. Hope this helps. :).

StoryPlayer67
09-04-14, 08:38 AM
Are your clicking on ALL of them at the same time using up all your energy ? Even if you go to your building after collecting from the garden ? Mainly it was the wheat for me on skunks. The same does for fangs. They love eggs u have to repeat on all animals and hatcheries and stable and then continue your energy with buildings I found out I got banged base back clicking on all of them and using up all the energy. I hope this helps.

sweetthing1
09-04-14, 09:02 AM
I'm on 14th attempt...................rediculous!!!!!!!

gfp60
09-04-14, 09:59 AM
Finished the final step...ice cream and lemonade. Now what?

I just finished too. And nothing happened. I'm confused.

katbtodd
09-04-14, 10:31 AM
I just finished too. And nothing happened. I'm confused.

Then your ready for to day....

idrispad
09-04-14, 10:38 AM
But when today!!? I'm holding off collecting coins etc from anything until the update is out ;)

kooky panda
09-04-14, 10:40 AM
But when today!!? I'm holding off collecting coins etc from anything until the update is out ;)
Castle Updates normally come out in about 90 minutes.

PurpleScorpion76
09-04-14, 10:42 AM
Don't we sometimes get info at around this time though?

mrosmeows
09-04-14, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=glimmergate;956891]Hey everyone, this week's update is the first part of a two week storyline. Castle Story is turning two! Bring out your Jousting Arenas because we're throwing a tournament to celebrate.

As always, the new questline will be available at 12:00 PDT. You must have completed the first Castle Anniversary questline in order to see this one! (If you have a LV 3 Jousting Arena, you're probably good to go).

Enjoy![/QUOT

Can we eventually do part two if were one of the people not getting a fragment or does it expire?

meme1098
09-04-14, 12:00 PM
First doesn't have a timer so don't think the 2nd will.

In the new thread for part 2, says the drop rate for the fragment has been adjusted so hoping you'll get yours soon.

room27
09-04-14, 12:01 PM
Buttercup just announced that they've doubled the drop rate for the mystery fragment. We should all be able to move along more quickly.

Happy jousting!

friscosharkboy
09-04-14, 12:20 PM
There is not much joy in getting the mystery fragment today because my rate of skunkupine and fangbeast spawning has greatly decreased.

meme1098
09-04-14, 12:46 PM
Yep... Happens every time....all the time. Whatever item, resource, you need in a goal becomes nearly nonexistent.

maguar
09-04-14, 01:53 PM
This is the link for the Jousting Arena questline info. I posted it previously and it was copied to post #2 but has been removed from there.

Just checked and the link is still there. If you click on the "here" in the first line of the notes you'll see it

Buttercup just announced that they've doubled the drop rate for the mystery fragment. We should all be able to move along more quickly.

Happy jousting!

My deep mines are ready in about 20 minutes so here's hoping I'll get one

orleansparish
09-04-14, 08:28 PM
Posted on part two by accident....on purpose. Oh well! I'm still on part one. Finally remembered to make some fish stuff and gave all three. But only gave two ropes because I cannot get fur from gifting or find any monsters. Used up all my alicorns and pink ones. Making extra energy in the trade center and still can't **** enough beasts. When I do, they throw me something I have enough of. Useless pests. Now I'll have to buy some gems if I want to catch up. Otherwise we will be into next year before I make any progress.

trilogylass
09-04-14, 09:29 PM
Well, so much for increasing the drop rate for mystery fragment....still nada! I'm beyond done with this😥

wolfchaser
09-05-14, 03:40 PM
I too am still waiting for the mystery fragment!!!

mrosmeows
09-06-14, 03:48 PM
Eh tu. I'm about to just give up on this game we can't even do the quests anymore

elmia5555
09-06-14, 10:49 PM
It's about TL change their random drop implementation.
Even having something as a 50% random drop, means that 1 in a 1000 players will not get it 10 times in a row
Put something as a 20% drop and you have 1 in 100 will not get it after 20 drops (I am getting awfully close with 16 attempts already)

TL please implement a commutative probability so there will be a known maximum to random drop time

tentalen
09-07-14, 01:17 PM
Well, so much for increasing the drop rate for mystery fragment....still nada! I'm beyond done with this😥

Sorry you are having trouble. Have you checked your inventory just encase it's there. I know I have missed stuff in the past only to see it there. Also are you levelling up your deep mines.

PurpleScorpion76
09-08-14, 07:58 AM
Well I've just finished Part 1! Woohoo! Onto the battling beasts!

Bundalley
09-09-14, 11:58 AM
I've been stuck on stage 6 of this forever. No skunkupines to be seen ! Harvested enough wheat to reach my limit, checked flowers too. I only have 1 as I placed a trap but cannot afford to buy any more. I had lots of them showing up before this quest came out. Getting frustrated !

kooky panda
09-09-14, 12:04 PM
I've been stuck on stage 6 of this forever. No skunkupines to be seen ! Harvested enough wheat to reach my limit, checked flowers too. I only have 1 as I placed a trap but cannot afford to buy any more. I had lots of them showing up before this quest came out. Getting frustrated !
Make sure you do not have any other monsters lurking around your kingdom.

Bundalley
09-09-14, 12:52 PM
Oh I have! Any time anything comes out I **** it right away.

Bundalley
09-09-14, 02:12 PM
Make sure you do not have any other monsters lurking around your kingdom.

I have ! I Get rid of them right away.

SpiritWind00
09-09-14, 02:18 PM
I have ! I Get rid of them right away.

You can double check you have no monsters hidden by turning the sound up on your device. May be worth a try? Otherwise, it's just patience. They do like chickens and the more chickens you can click on at once when collecting eggs, the better chance of one spawning. Plus you can always use eggs up somewhere. I had a trap in my inventory which I used, maybe double check that too. Good luck!

hugpete
09-09-14, 04:31 PM
Just checked and the link is still there. If you click on the "here" in the first line of the notes you'll see it

Yeah, I noticed too that the link was just relocated and made much smaller. :)

ragingray
09-09-14, 07:16 PM

I'm in the same situtation, yes, we all know you can not get a second beast if there is one currently waiting to be cleared, yet took me for ever to just get the skunkupines from farms and flowers, still checking all my animals for Fangbeasts, and then it seems the moment i check a building, there always dire Boars waiting, using up all my energy fighting dire boars, i get 2 some times 3 dire boars from 40 energy, i've fought so many Dire boars, my stockpiles are full with tusk and magic pouches.
If i specifically target animals looking for the near mythical Fangbeast, nothing. Kinda frustrating. will not gem for animal traps, patient enough to wait, eventually i get the quest done, but it sucks watching/reading everyone else enjoy current content, while i'm stuck at this quest stage, in the non-existent fangbeast part of the forest i live in.

zenobia42
09-09-14, 08:16 PM
Bundalley and ragingray, maybe it is time to try something else. Maybe chopping down trees. I've gotten both skunkupines and fangbeasts that way, quite often. Also, fangbeasts in my kingdom seem to prefer sheep above other animals (once I got 2 of the suckers from just 3 sheep!). And chickens almost as much. And skunkupines seem to like the flowers that produce the orange petals the most of all the flowers. I hope you guys get them soon!

Bundalley
09-09-14, 08:19 PM
I'm in the same situtation, yes, we all know you can not get a second beast if there is one currently waiting to be cleared, yet took me for ever to just get the skunkupines from farms and flowers, still checking all my animals for Fangbeasts, and then it seems the moment i check a building, there always dire Boars waiting, using up all my energy fighting dire boars, i get 2 some times 3 dire boars from 40 energy, i've fought so many Dire boars, my stockpiles are full with tusk and magic pouches.
If i specifically target animals looking for the near mythical Fangbeast, nothing. Kinda frustrating. will not gem for animal traps, patient enough to wait, eventually i get the quest done, but it sucks watching/reading everyone else enjoy current content, while i'm stuck at this quest stage, in the non-existent fangbeast part of the forest i live in.

So glad to know I'm not alone on this. Getting a lot of dire boars and have my fang beasts done. It's just the skunkupines I can't get. I play many times a day. Check the chickens, sow the fields, pick flowers and nothing. The only time I got one is when I bought a trap. Still need more and yes it stinks to see everyone else moving on. I had soooo many skunkupines before this quest. Where did they go?

Bundalley
09-09-14, 08:24 PM
Bundalley and ragingray, maybe it is time to try something else. Maybe chopping down trees. I've gotten both skunkupines and fangbeasts that way, quite often. Also, fangbeasts in my kingdom seem to prefer sheep above other animals (once I got 2 of the suckers from just 3 sheep!). And chickens almost as much. And skunkupines seem to like the flowers that produce the orange petals the most of all the flowers. I hope you guys get them soon!

I have not tried chopping trees! Tried everything else. Will let you know if that works. Check my animals all the time and don't get any. Thanks for the advice.

Bundalley
09-09-14, 08:29 PM
Omg it worked! 2 chops and there was a skunkupine! Got the little frigger too! Thanks zenobia42! I had a ton of wood and didn't even think of that. It says "check the wheat fields" so that's what i did. Come on stage 2 ! Few more skunkupines to go!

ragingray
09-09-14, 09:15 PM
i'm pretty sure fangbeasts don't spawn from chopping trees, i've got 20 trees to cut down, but almost certain that trees don't spawn fangbeast, will see if the forum have a list of what spawns fangbeast.

fluffybutter007
09-09-14, 09:26 PM
I normally get fangbeasts when I harvest sugar cane and tend sheep or chickens. Skunkupines appear when I tend pepe (the pet skunkupine), harvest wheat, and tend flowers.

I'm still working on finding skunkupines and fangbeasts, but I'm in no hurry. If I get one while doing normal things around my kingdom, yay. If not, no big deal. Since there isn't a big prize at the end of finishing this goal line, I figured I'll just take my time and enjoy the story.

ToshiNoMiya
09-24-14, 02:08 AM
Is this a quest that leads to another one?

Because if not, I might skip it for now...

roguebee
09-24-14, 05:25 AM
Is this a quest that leads to another one?

Because if not, I might skip it for now...

Only part 2. Then it ends, for now. It's conceivable that you may need to have it completed before you can start next year's anniversary quest, assuming there is one.

ToshiNoMiya
09-25-14, 04:29 AM
Only part 2. Then it ends, for now. It's conceivable that you may need to have it completed before you can start next year's anniversary quest, assuming there is one.

Thanks for your answer. :)

And I think I'll wait til next year with finishing it then, since just now I have a fang beast sitting where it doesn't prevent anything I need to do, while nicely keeping all other beasts away. (Glory days for coin collecting without Dire Boars every 10 seconds or so!)

DragonsWolf07
12-06-14, 03:10 PM
Help! Got to Practice Makes Perfect goal and got 3 Skunkupines and 5 fang beasts which took 3 weeks, but haven't seen a Skunkupine in over a week. Now have 99 wheat! Lots of flower petals too but no Skunkupines! What do I need to do to lure them out ?...don't want to buy traps. My jousting arena is leveled all the way up. Thanks for any suggestions. DragonsWolf07 Queendom :confused:

meme1098
12-06-14, 03:57 PM
Just keep collecting wheat & corn, & water flowers, that'll spawn them too. Make flour, bread etc to use up what you can.

DragonsWolf07
12-06-14, 08:59 PM
Thanks. Forgot about corn. Just planted some. Bread takes milk and the dairy/egg trade gets flour, bread etc PLUS a trade ticket. It's my go to trade and it's only 2 hours. I need 2 more kitchens at this rate! Queendom