PDA

View Full Version : TL, will you please clarify a few things for us?

zenobia42
08-27-14, 03:26 PM
We as a community who play this game have some questions and concerns about the direction the game is taking. In desperation, I am hoping that maybe if we phrase them as a serious of simple questions, directly to you, we can get some answers. Because the silence here in response to players being very upset about changes in the game is deafening.

Was the change from 0:05 to 5:00 breed time for pandaffodils created by unicorn-pandaffodil breeding intentional?
If so, WHY?

Considering the huge player backlash, will you change it back?
If not, why not?
Please acknowledge that you recognize that this change makes it nearly impossible for anyone who did not have an emerald before the change to EVER get one.
Please acknowledge that you recognize that this HURTS a large group of players who have remained steadfstly dedicated to this game since day 1, but were not one of the lucky ones to get the emerald before the change. AND that what this does in effect is great a huge gap between those who were lucky in the first place to get a unicorn quickly and now literally many, many, many times as lucky because they get emeralds when the rest of us have better odds of getting hit by lightning. And that that means you have cursed the group of people who were unlucky early on with the unicorn to ALSO be cursed with nearly no chance for an emerald if and when they ever DO get a unicorn.
Would you PLEASE consider making it so that anyone who does not already have an emerald, when trying to get one, get the 0:05 fail instead of the 5:00 fail? Just to be fair to us who deserve the emerald no less than those who got it before the change?
Have you ever changed the odds of a unicorn being the result of 4 elements bred together? [* note]
Do you plan, anytime in the near future, to allow us to expand enough to fit as many large habitats and grand farms as our level supposedly allows?
The last pair of expansions came without an App update needing to be installed. Which proves that adding expansions can be done without waiting for Apple to approve changes for an App store update. It is entirely in TL's hands, not Apple's. So WHY have you continued to disregard nearly every single person on this forum BEGGING for more space?
Are there any other breeds you plan to change from difficult to nearly impossible? If so, which one(s)? I'd like ot at least have a snowball's chance in h3ll to get them now if so. Since I'm obviously never going to get the unicorn no less the emerald.
And finally, if you read this and yet refuse to (or claim the inability to) answer any of the questions, please at least reply saying you read it.

[* note: a number of people who got the unicorn super-early got it before they could even build a home for it. During that time, I intentionally did NOT breed 4 elements together because I knew I could not yet afford the gem cove, and opted instead to continue trying to get the non-gem breeds I did not already have, and that I could afford to house. I now suspect that that decision may have cost me a unicorn. I suspect the odds were changed after a short time, hurting those of us who were planning ahead conservatively by making it much more difficult to get a unicorn when we were ready for it. Just a hunch. But I'd like confirmation either way, as I'm sure all the plethora of other folks who have tried for a unicorn for weeks and weeks to no avail would as well.]

SANDSCApe
08-27-14, 03:53 PM
Update:

This is by design to balance the game and maintain the rarity of Ultra Rares. The breeding timer for Pyro and Pandaffodil is 5 hours. The hatch time has not changed.

You should not receive Pyro or Pandaffodil as a result unless you are breeding for Ultra Rares or when both parents are the same (i.e. Pyro x Pyro will only give Pyros).

Something tells me that's all we are going to get by way of an official TeamLava response.

It makes no sense, of course, but there it is. Obviously they are aware of the impact and are sticking to it. In fact, with Kooky also referring to a 5-hour Pyro Pony breeding, it looks like this stumbling block will be applied to other gem-hybrid breeds in the future.

Who knows where this game is going? Maybe we've been part of a study - some bizarre experiment to see just how far they can bend us over.

zenobia42
08-27-14, 04:19 PM
Something tells me that's all we are going to get by way of an official TeamLava response.

It makes no sense, of course, but there it is. Obviously they are aware of the impact and are sticking to it. In fact, with Kooky also referring to a 5-hour Pyro Pony breeding, it looks like this stumbling block will be applied to other gem-hybrid breeds in the future.

Who knows where this game is going? Maybe we've been part of a study - some bizarre experiment to see just how far they can bend us over.

Really, I just want them to acknowledge: "Yes, we understand that we are FURTHER screwing the same exact group of people that the game has ALREADY totally screwed over and over and over and over and over again. This change really hurts those who were already held back 100x more than those who already have emeralds. Those who were unlucky in the game early will basically now NEVER have a reasonable chance to catch up to their peers who simply lucky early on. Both groups of people did everything right. We simply choose to further screw those we already screwed, and refuse to do ANYTHING to rectify it. Have a nice day."

Because what they did did NOT balance the game. It did the EXACT OPPOSITE.

ArcadiaTofu
08-27-14, 04:25 PM
To be honest, I'm not expecting a response from TL at all on this issue and the discontent stirred up over it. What most companies do is just ignore the issue/lynch-mob as long as possible in hopes that the users will just shut up and take it. After all, what do they care if we're upset over this---most users aren't going to realize anything different (those that don't visit the forum and haven't gotten an emerald yet) so they're betting on the fact that a good chunk of their users are still going to spend money to pay for apples, coins, gems, etc. while they're still ignorant.

To them, we're angry toddlers whining about not getting the same *special* candy that Joey from next door was given a week ago. Attrition is the name of *this* game and all they have to do is wait a week or two for the anger to blow over and more than likely they'll never hear about the issue again from most users.

I'd be pretty surprised if they respond to the upset this incident has caused, but my guess is that they'll remain quiet about it and wait for us to accept the reality they've shoved down our throats. Remember: This is a war of attrition and the cards are stacked heavily in their favor in the end. :mad:

zenobia42
08-27-14, 04:26 PM
Further, if they are upset that some people have too many emeralds, and that is somehow causing "imbalance," the way to rectify that is NOT to make it more difficult for ALL of us, including the huge majority of us who have 0 or 1 emeralds rather than a ton of them... the way to balance that is to put the timer back to 0:05 but put a cap on how many emeralds (and a cap on how many rubies or whatever else is coming that is a crystal hybrid) one may have. Those with "too many" can be given the option of selling for a refund of everything invested in them, or storing them in case the cap ever changes. THAT would be 1,000,000 more FAIR than what they have done.

JeannesThinkin
08-27-14, 06:38 PM
I think that if TL wants to lower the chances for us bad decision makers (For me, I chose to breed the Vinotaur before the Unicorn, at my expense), lower it for all of us! Take away the Unicorns and Emeralds bred before the change. That'll make it fair. TBH, I think you are the bad decision makers.

(Please don't do what I said before, I was just being sarcastic.)

TL, why do you always make decisions that might be your demise? KOOKY, HELP US!!!

willb09
08-27-14, 08:08 PM
Because they want you to buy it. TL has become greedy. Simple as that. They want you to get frustrated in breeding these "ultra rares" and just give up and shell out money.

zenobia42
08-27-14, 08:47 PM
Because they want you to buy it. TL has become greedy. Simple as that. They want you to get frustrated in breeding these "ultra rares" and just give up and shell out money.

H3ll will freeze over before I pay $140 for the mountain + 2 chests of gems that would almost be enough to get me a crystal unicorn + emerald.

On the other hand, if the game sees fit to let me breed them, I WILL spend a few bucks to speed them along.

So, TL, as long as you hold out for that $140, not only will you will never get it from me, but further you will NOT get the $5-$20 a pop I would have spent here and there on the game had you not seen fit to screw over further the exact people you ALREADY screwed.

SilverBunnyDragon
08-27-14, 09:14 PM
I love TL's response to this Pandafollia breeding chaos!! XD
"Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users."
Prolonged quality?!! How does this stupid change, add to prolonged quality for new or continuing users?!! TL changed the rules of the game, when users were already half way through it, if we knew that they were going to change the rules to what suited them before we played, I am sure a large majority of people wouldn't have tried playing in the first place!! -_- My five year old cousin likes to try to change the rules of baseball when we are playing to suit to his advantage, but he is five, what is TL's excuse? Maybe they should THINK before releasing a dragon that has only two choices a 20 second egg or 45 hour one, instead of releasing it anyway without thinking of any repercussions!! -_-

sweetypies97
08-27-14, 11:31 PM
If you think about BS and the refusal of TL to budge on the price rise, the confirm button, and every other issue ever raised on the forums, you'll realise this is an exercise in futility. And BS is only one of their games - they do it for all of them. They will not listen and they will not change. They don't care about threats not to spend money.

willb09
08-28-14, 06:49 AM
H3ll will freeze over before I pay $140 for the mountain + 2 chests of gems that would almost be enough to get me a crystal unicorn + emerald.

On the other hand, if the game sees fit to let me breed them, I WILL spend a few bucks to speed them along.

So, TL, as long as you hold out for that $140, not only will you will never get it from me, but further you will NOT get the $5-$20 a pop I would have spent here and there on the game had you not seen fit to screw over further the exact people you ALREADY screwed.

This is why I have quit spending money on the games. If I never get the best creatures, so be it. Just like you, I refuse to pay that kind of money. $5-$20, I'd do every now and then, but their crazy high prices for animals others have gotten for nothing just because TL made errors, no effing way.

[S8] Regina
08-28-14, 04:50 PM
Please continue the discussion here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72504-Unicorn-On-Strike!-Fighting-the-Emerald-Blocker&p=957139)!