PDA

View Full Version : Gold, recieving and spending

Anaboe
08-27-14, 05:54 AM
What do you do with it, how do you get it?

Income:
I have very loyal neighbours with whom I exchange gold. Furthermore, I have 3-5 friends, that don't play the game, but almost every day give me 1 gold, which I'm very greatful for. Last source of income: when the Gilded dragon was on sale for 300, I figured it would be a wise investment. So, at this moment, I recieve almost 12 gold a day.

I only bought the Diamond dragon couple of months ago when it was on sale for 17 euro, and shortly before that, I bought almost 2000 gold (also on sale) for 42 euro. Still have 1400+ gold left.

Spending:
I bought the 300 gold Gilded dragon, and some dragons that are on sale for max 200 gold. They have to be limited, and good looking (I know, it's personal), and usefull in the arena. Furthermore I bought 3 Champion Grounds when they were on sale, and, when I was still on Android, an Palatial Plateau and a Grand Gardens. Also bought a 2nd and 3rd nest, they're very helpful with world events and summonings. I don't buy the special items on World events: I don't think it's worth the money.

I almost never spend gold on speeding: if you have time to play, there's no reason to speed. Nor on Boosted breeding: don't feel like it's worth the money.

Most of my gold I spend on using ulti's in the arena.

Future spendings:
I'd like to have the fully upgraded Stables and perhaps the Diamond Temple, altho I have so many Diamonds (Mercury, Crusader, Diamond, Quetzal, Infinity, Gold) that it's almost not worth it.

Why this long post?
I was curious how others recieve and spend gold, so please, let me know your story :)

freshfunin2008
08-27-14, 09:10 AM
I give all my gold to gold traps and mistakes with fat fingers. LOL

freesiawoods
08-27-14, 09:19 AM
I give all my gold to gold traps and mistakes with fat fingers. LOL

Me too lol. Well most of it. Some spent on ultimates and bought a couple of 4 dragon habitats when on sale. Not much left at the moment as Ilack good neighbours.

hugpete
08-27-14, 09:41 AM
I've been saving up for a Diamond dragon. Should have enough gold for it by March 21st 2015 if I keep this pace and don't hit (m)any gold traps.

amerirish
08-27-14, 10:00 AM
I have one Epic Goldleaf Dragon and loyal 'gold buddies' so I make about 8 per day. I'm trying to save up for a Goldwing (1800) with the larger goal of buying a Diamond (2000). However, I sometimes need to use the Ultimate in the arena so that sets me back. Also, on the occasion when there is a new/unique habitat on sale for 200 I can't resist.

Anaboe
08-27-14, 11:11 AM
I don't think 3-dragon habitats are worth the gold, do you think they are? I realy want value for my "money", even tho I don't buy much gold for real money. A friend of mine has also saved 2000 gold for a Diamond, that would have cost me a lot of Tournaments, since I always need to ulti 1-7 rounds, but I'm happy these days it's more 1-3 rounds, than 4-7...

But buying my ulti's for the first Champion was definately worth the gold: that Champ has won many rounds for me!

AJImmer
08-27-14, 11:54 AM
I haven't spent gold on habitats yet - but I can see that may be in my future.

Current and Past Uses of Gold:

1. I will gamble some gold on the "spin to win" slot machine (if there's a dragon or two at stake that I'd like to have).
2. I will use gold to accelerate evolution if I'm trying to get multiple copies of a mining dragon (when I need the extra copies to trade for crafting gemstones).
3. I will use gold to accelerate evolution or hatching to maximize the use of the evolution temple or hatching nest overnight or when I'll be away from the game - I'll speed to end the current evolution / hatching and start a new evolution / hatching to completely fill the time until I'm able to get back to the game.
4. I will accelerate the battle arena if I have lost an early battle to an inferior opponent.
5. I will use gold to buy Ultimate attacks in crucial rounds of a tournament if I think the tournament prize will be especially useful in future tournaments (i.e. if the prize is a super rare champion).
6. But most frequently... I use (lose) gold to accelerating crops, buying food, accelerating expansion, accelerating crops on the Arctic Isles, and buying coins.

freshfunin2008
08-27-14, 12:05 PM
If I was to pay gold for a habitat it better hold 10 dragons and the coin limit should be 10,000,000

amerirish
08-27-14, 12:52 PM
If I was to pay gold for a habitat it better hold 10 dragons and the coin limit should be 10,000,000

I wish there was a habitat like that!! :cool:

bexrexbex
08-28-14, 05:17 AM
Me personally, I don't buy dragons with my gold (which I get from neighbors and installing other Team Lava games, never bought), because it kind of ruins the "point" of the game for me, which is the challenge of breeding new and rare dragons. Buying a dragon doesn't feel like *****ing, per se, it just feels like it takes some of the fun out of it. I buy habitats and speed breed sometimes. Oh, and gold traps steal the rest.

Kosztirita
08-28-14, 06:10 AM
So far im just speed it up the breeding. Once i bought extra gold, and spend it to buy a new nest, which was a great idea, maybe later i need one more. And i have this dragon storage place, but i regret it... :(

pattons_friends
08-28-14, 07:14 AM
Wow reading this, android & iOS is a completely different game, iOS uses seem to be able to get more gold for free aswell:(

Kosztirita
08-29-14, 02:15 AM
I have more than 400 neigbours, and the top gold in the day was 12 what i got from others... :D :D :D My wait list is 3-4 days, when i could send back the gold. But still, to save for buy a den it takes ages... :P

rissah
08-29-14, 08:42 AM
Some of my gold goes to gold traps, not from any mistake of my own. Sometimes my game will just freeze and I won't touch anything, but then when I go back into the game some crop will have been sped up or breeding (I rarely speed up breeding more than say 5 pieces of gold because I have time to wait) or once even it was an expansion, like I would ever willingly spend 100+ gold to get an extra space on the island one day faster. As a result when I buy gold I only buy the smallest amount, because I don't expect I will willingly use it all.

When I do willingly use gold in large chunks it's almost exclusively for use in tournaments. I like to Ultimate past one or two crucial rounds in each tourney to avoid losing half my best fighters in one round. I did buy the gold temple when it was on sale, and it did give me the Angel Dragon so that paid itself off. I haven't activated it since then though because I kinda only bought it because it was pretty. I bought the Gilded Dragon when it was on sale and I think one other but I don't like to buy dragons because I think trying to breed them, no matter how frustrating (I've been trying for Cerebus since the day it came out, and I never got Cherry Blossom) is part of the game.

larmil
08-29-14, 06:00 PM
Yesterday I had 148 gold. Last night it was down to 116 this morning itsdown to 26 I did not use any where did it go

Anaboe
08-30-14, 06:37 AM
larmil, sorry to hear that. You can mail support@teamlava.com. They can tell you where you spent it on, and if you didn't spent is, correct it.

Anaboe
08-30-14, 06:38 AM
rissah: that's a good reason to use ulti too, to prevent Dragons lining up for the spa, so you can use them in other rounds. Personally I use ulti to make sure I have enough time for the other rounds. I never have more than 6-10 dragons waiting for the spa at the end of a tourney :)