PDA

View Full Version : Something suspicious going on...

Unregistered
01-27-11, 12:06 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?7235-Norman-Rules-need-to-change-in-contests

There is definite need in some changes regarding to the contest rules. There has been a TON of duplicate posts in this weeks contests and most of them are posted a minute after another, all in order. I'm afraid its all from the same person. Mine should be only in there ONCE (cityerror) but someone decided to duplicate mine along with all the others.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 02:19 PM
Yep, same here. Someone just posted my picture and my ID...I guess trying to disqualify me. This is the last time I will be trying for the contest.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 02:22 PM
It's bad enough that people are posting duplicates, but to duplicate something that is not even yours is a disgrace! Sounds like someone is trying to sabotage the contests. For what purpose, I can't even guess. It's a way for players to get free gems. I don't participate myself and now I'm glad I don't. I'd really be upset if someone used my picture and id!!

Unregistered
01-28-11, 03:00 PM
Duplicate posts will not be counted. If someone is duplicating your post, it shouldn't hurt you in anyway. The only way is if the player is using their own ID and taking credit for your screenshot, but we have a way of checking for that. Please let me know any other concerns you may have and I'll try my best to address them.

I could of course make a rule in the contest that says one post per person, but that means if another player duplicates your post, you will be disqualified from the competition which is why I will not make that as part of the rules. Does that make sense?

Please clarify that the first post only counts if duplicates are posted. Someone duplicated my post today (ID=Niimue) on the restaurant forum contest page, and it sounds like it is happening to others too.

Unregistered
01-31-11, 04:56 PM
It would take some work to backtrace the offenders but a GUI done up in visual basic should do the trick.

Forcing user registration would fix this problem by tying your stormID to forum registration.

Unregistered
02-07-11, 03:21 PM
At first, I was furious at all these duplicates, but now that I know that we'll be fine, it's okay. Thanks for explaining, Norman!!! 

Unregistered
02-10-11, 10:49 AM
Duplicate posts will not be counted. If someone is duplicating your post, it shouldn't hurt you in anyway. The only way is if the player is using their own ID and taking credit for your screenshot, but we have a way of checking for that. Please let me know any other concerns you may have and I'll try my best to address them.

I could of course make a rule in the contest that says one post per person, but that means if another player duplicates your post, you will be disqualified from the competition which is why I will not make that as part of the rules. Does that make sense?

The only other concern is what if someone is using my ID and my screenshot, the exact same one and post it again? Lets say IF i have won the contest and if you see like a few other duplicates of my entries, wouldn't you conclude that as multiple extries (unless you do check the IP address of the poster because there is no way to tell who posted the original post and who did the duplicates). So it will be great if you can clarify on that Norman, thank you!