PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update 8-26-2014

cat13793
08-26-14, 11:31 AM
Here it is ! Neon 90's
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/Thaido74/f299bb5696bcccc05a6aa70773e257f1_zps01986f1f.jpg

Here's it on the avatar
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/Thaido74/7650977c8decbff7c0b3a8e5f070f5d2_zps20e4aadd.jpg

LTO: 52 gems
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/Thaido74/2ebff9968093f29c73d1cd8aca3bf16a_zpsfeffa0f2.jpg

Mannequin: 15 gems
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/Thaido74/768896dd14c2688e5ed0d5b98cd5b28b_zps7cf3ce2a.jpg

Fanny Pack Display: 23 gems
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/Thaido74/5a0b69e004a0870de8c3bc1025521d25_zpsddb242a5.jpg

winterpumpkin
08-26-14, 11:34 AM
I wonder what today's update is

Lmao! Why do people have to say that EVERY week?

xxxe
08-26-14, 11:37 AM
I think people say that so they can start a new thread for the update.. I think it's very helpful so thanks Cat!

aiyoosha
is it out yet?

cat13793
I don't know, I saw somebody say it so I just followed along;)

aiyoosha
08-26-14, 11:38 AM
is there an lto??

jewelfang
08-26-14, 11:38 AM
Because we are excited to see if we are getting good stuff! :) No update yet for me, usually get it by now but sometimes it is within the next 30 minutes.

Sincerely hope it is not a new edition. As an android user, We have had plenty of those lately and I haye waiting 5 extra days to get the new update that ios users get on time.

aishaibrahims
08-26-14, 11:42 AM
Oh great 5 days of waiting. Please can any1 post some pics please x

aiyoosha
08-26-14, 11:43 AM
ugh the 90s, i lived through it nothing good then and aint nothing good on the update. ill pass on the breakdancing rolleyes.

t_to_the_max
08-26-14, 11:45 AM
Whoooo! We luv Tuesdaaaays! :)

aishaibrahims
08-26-14, 11:50 AM
Il use the outfit items seperately, but dont like them all together! Please some1 post pics of any other items for us poor little android users!

aiyoosha
08-26-14, 11:51 AM
looking at the lto looks like we got the boys' outfit for our avatar girls lol

xxxe
08-26-14, 11:51 AM
Super gem heavy again. 20 hour catalogue is fine with me even though I prefer shorter times. I just wish the closet items weren't so expensive. I don't want to spend 40 gems on a new outfit that I will only wear for a week. Well not me but my avatar lol. The last few updates have been so gem heavy.

xxxe
08-26-14, 11:52 AM
Hey, when did we get the Chambary dressing room? With the 50s update?

shakiba
08-26-14, 11:55 AM
A 20 hrs catalog that isn't that cute, and a break dance display. Another week without buying anything.

aishaibrahims
08-26-14, 11:57 AM
Is there anything else? Thanks cat for the other pics xx

aiyoosha
08-26-14, 11:58 AM
well the wallpaper aint even cute its white with black squiggly lines all over and theres no floor, we got a display table with fanny packs on it and a laser lamp that looks i dont even kno. the dancing mannequin looks like shes doing jazzersise.

aiyoosha
08-26-14, 12:03 PM

Wallpaper

shakiba
08-26-14, 12:05 PM
There's also a new hanger and table.

minidemon88
08-26-14, 12:07 PM
Ouch, that LTO for 52 gems?! Indeed another gems heavy updates. The new counter, rack, wall deco and floor deco are mostly gems. :(

edie62
08-26-14, 12:33 PM
I'm on Android and no update or new version so far. I got up got a hot chocolate and jumped back into bed to see what our update was going to be, it's disappointing when there's nothing. Thank you for the pictures ladies.

dalula
08-26-14, 12:33 PM
No new shoes again? Argh. Also, those pants look very similar to some jeans we already have. And the XP is still. so. low.
It's kind of an expensive update, and the people are really big compared to the background in the LTO. I'm pretty sure I'll pass on it.

aishaibrahims
08-26-14, 12:38 PM
Oh well. Gems saved for me too! Thanks for pics. Atleast waiting 5 days wont be painful now!

jewelfang
08-26-14, 12:41 PM
Android user here too, and still nothing. Looks like we will be getting the 90's as a whole new version, lol.
Well, at least we aren't missing anything. Nothing looks interesting this week. There were some fun fashions in the 90's, to boil it down to neon and breakdance....

I would rather have had a big hair, ripped jeans punk rock 80's than this stuff. and this is my last free Tuesday before school starts and I will be volunteering through updates.

Ah well. Guess I will go outside and enjoy the final days of summer, instead of playing fashion story. lol.

CuteTali
08-26-14, 01:04 PM
Wow...yet another update with nothing at all for me.

IsisGarden
08-26-14, 01:27 PM
looking at the lto looks like we got the boys' outfit for our avatar girls lol

In the 90s, we girls did dress like boys. We wore their shoes, socks, pants, caps/hats, and shirts. It was a fun decade for me. I enjoyed it.

Ic3e
08-26-14, 01:37 PM
I actually rather like this update. I love the look of the jacket and I agree with dalula that we have a similar looking pair of jeans but hey this one is high waisted. I love high waisted stuff. I also like the unique looking black choker.

EVERYTHING IS JUST SO GEM HEAVY THOUGH :( Also, no shoes and no new hairstyles again???? That sucks :( Hoping for futuristic next week! :D It better be good!

Ic3e
08-26-14, 01:39 PM
Does anyone have the prices for the items? My device is dead :/

aiyoosha
08-26-14, 01:57 PM
In the 90s, we girls did dress like boys. We wore their shoes, socks, pants, caps/hats, and shirts. It was a fun decade for me. I enjoyed it.

Meh. I didn't like it too much. Guys with saggy baggy pants and girls with little half shirts n baggy pants. Well they could've at least put that. I don't like how they did the neon thing when we have neon already here.

mergirl96
08-26-14, 02:01 PM
I'm on android, but from what I can see it's a meh update for me. I actually like the catalog items separately but it doesn't seem to be very 90s to me. I love how fun and different the LTO and mannequin are. We really need some more displays with mannequins acting like real people and having fun. Other than that nothing stands out to me. My only criticism is that they should stop skipping time periods. TL if you're gonna have a different decade each week please do it chronologically.

xxxe
08-26-14, 02:03 PM
I was hoping for the grundge 90s. A white long sleeved crop top, a black and red plaid mini skirt and a trench coat would have been so cute with combat boots. 90s was a good era for rock and roll, IE Nirvana! They could have done a lot of cool things with this update and I feel like they fell a little short. I feel like the wallpaper and break dancing was an 80s thing? I just hope for less expensive items next week. With the extremely heavy gem updates and a new box once a month, I'm going broke.

ONeal28
08-26-14, 02:17 PM
It must be a new version again. Im so tired of getting new versions. If someone finds out the name of it please let us know

winterpumpkin
08-26-14, 02:50 PM
ugh the 90s, i lived through it nothing good then and aint nothing good on the update. ill pass on the breakdancing rolleyes.

Agreed. :rolleyes:

6SweetSt
08-26-14, 03:41 PM
Dont care for this one. Wouldn't ya know I have gems today but not the week when we had the roaring 20s band! :(

angelmama24

Speak for yourself Isis. Perhaps you were just a kid in the 90s. I dressed like a lady even in the 90s when fashion was so confused.

cakebaby75
Here is my take on this weeks update for what it's worth.

The outfit is ok, I'm happy enough with the catalogue items although I'm not keen on the 20 hours time.

The LTO is TOO gem heavy. I don't like it anyway so have saved my gems but I am always much more tempted to buy when it's a lower gem price.

I think they could have done a lot more with the floor decos, the wall deco and wallpaper are pretty boring.

It's been a few weeks disappointing updates for me but I live in hope. The eternal optimist... That next week they will give us a brilliant update with something for everyone.

Please TL please QUIT with the high gem prices! I buy more when the price is low. Right now I feel like I have to save my gems for something really special because the LTOs are expensive.

angelmama24
08-26-14, 03:47 PM
I was hoping for the grundge 90s. A white long sleeved crop top, a black and red plaid mini skirt and a trench coat would have been so cute with combat boots. 90s was a good era for rock and roll, IE Nirvana! They could have done a lot of cool things with this update and I feel like they fell a little short. I feel like the wallpaper and break dancing was an 80s thing? I just hope for less expensive items next week. With the extremely heavy gem updates and a new box once a month, I'm going broke.

The past few updates the TL peeps have fallen short and gave us totally lame and questionable catalogs. It seems as if they've been phoning in the last two updates. Perhaps they need to hire some new designers. Seems to me like they're all getting fat and lazy.

angelmama24
08-26-14, 03:51 PM
Whoooo! We luv Tuesdaaaays! :)

I used to live for update Tuesday. With the last few updates, I'm getting over that rather quickly.

angelmama24
08-26-14, 03:55 PM
Here is my take on this weeks update for what it's worth.

The outfit is ok, I'm happy enough with the catalogue items although I'm not keen on the 20 hours time.

The LTO is TOO gem heavy. I don't like it anyway so have saved my gems but I am always much more tempted to buy when it's a lower gem price.

I think they could have done a lot more with the floor decos, the wall deco and wallpaper are pretty boring.

It's been a few weeks disappointing updates for me but I live in hope. The eternal optimist... That next week they will give us a brilliant update with something for everyone.

Please TL please QUIT with the high gem prices! I buy more when the price is low. Right now I feel like I have to save my gems for something really special because the LTOs are expensive.

The outfit is OK? For what? A joke? We already had our April Fool's Day joke. And the wallpaper looks like different forms of pasta. It's just sad, and yes, another disappointing update. I'll spend my gems on clothes for my avi.

3chimom
08-26-14, 05:29 PM
What a disappointment! LTO's are costing way too much for mediocre displays. Some of us have invested in this game. Team Lava needs to do better than this! Why don't they have SwapMeet week where we can buy old decor , mannequins, vintage LTOs and past seasonal items. I see a lot of stuff from the past that I would invest in for reasonable prices of course. We need to get the excitement back in Fashion Story!

P.S. When are the Android users going to get their versions up to par and same release dates? We could use a nice makeup counter.

ariesblu
08-26-14, 05:34 PM
I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed in this update, especially since some of these elements seem more late 80s than 90s. There is just so much to pull from in style from the 90s, so to see this be the end result that they chose to represent that decade is a let down. But I like that there is diversity in the display and mannequin. It's just pretty steep in price. But if they are about releasing stuff from each decade, then there at least there is still the 80s for those who would like to see a rock type theme.

ariesblu
08-26-14, 05:40 PM
What a disappointment! LTO's are costing way too much for mediocre displays. Some of us have invested in this game. Team Lava needs to do better than this! Why don't they have SwapMeet week where we can buy old decor , mannequins, vintage LTOs and past seasonal items. I see a lot of stuff from the past that I would invest in for reasonable prices of course. We need to get the excitement back in Fashion Story!

P.S. When are the Android users going to get their versions up to par and same release dates? We could use a nice makeup counter.

It would be nice to buy some of the old stuff.. And the make up counter for Android users is long overdue! Not that I care to spend gems on it, but seriously it is past overdue.

ONeal28
08-26-14, 05:42 PM
I agree

gotalotaluv
08-26-14, 06:18 PM
Did ANYONE get this update?? I just visited over 40 nbrs (making my rounds) and I didn't see ONE THING from this updste and 99% of my nbrs are lvl 95+... I'm an android stepchild so of course I won't get it until next month (insert sarcasm here) but I'm just wondering what the deal is?!

IsisGarden
08-26-14, 06:47 PM
Speak for yourself Isis. Perhaps you were just a kid in the 90s. I dressed like a lady even in the 90s when fashion was so confused.

I dressed liked a boy and so did a lot of my other college aged friends. I still liked it.

jewelfang
08-26-14, 07:00 PM

I totally agree with you here. Except for the hats, the LTO looks much more 80's to me, and the mannequin even looks like older the daughter right out of the Cosby Show. Some grunge would have been much more 90's, and fun! Much like their 70's stuff, they seem to be confused as to what belongs in which decade.
Also gotta agree with you on the gem heavy stuff. I might pay 52 gems for an LTO, but it would have to be really spectacular, not grafitti wall hip hop break dancers.

The catalogue isn't terrible, but it sure does not say 90's to me. It is just jeans and a zip sweatshirt, absolutely boring. The choker looks ok, but since I am on android I cannot tell for sure. Plus I bet it is for gems.

Like others though, I am optimistic that next week will better.

bunnycatneko
08-26-14, 10:59 PM
According to the experience, LTO already does not exist when the android users update!The LTO is very ugly,I have already can't standThe nearest LTO very disappointing!I hope to have the nature of the game,the forest, the sea, autumn, flowers, small animal!Why not provide those nice LTO?I prefer to buy these beautiful display of the past! ( >﹏<。)~…… I hope teamlava can provide us to buy again!!!Never want to see these ugly theme!

rene2222
08-27-14, 02:10 AM
i like the breakdance, but it's 52gems!!

t_to_the_max
08-27-14, 06:23 AM
No new Android version available yet? :(

Ic3e
08-27-14, 07:05 AM
Now that the idea of the 90s theme has sunk into my mind (I wrote my reply at 4 in the morning, ugh), I've realized that WHERE IS THE GRUNGE?!?! Arrrrrrrrggggggh the was the perfect opportunity TL!

Again, pretty please let there be a futuristic theme next week! The perfect way to wrap up this "Fashion through time" theme!

angelmama24
08-27-14, 07:52 AM
I dressed liked a boy and so did a lot of my other college aged friends. I still liked it.

OK then. I guess if you were in college then it would be OK to dress like a boy. I wouldn't know. My college years were long over by the 90s. Like I said before, if you were a kid then, I can see one dressing as a boy.

angelmama24
08-27-14, 07:55 AM
I totally agree with you here. Except for the hats, the LTO looks much more 80's to me, and the mannequin even looks like older the daughter right out of the Cosby Show. Some grunge would have been much more 90's, and fun! Much like their 70's stuff, they seem to be confused as to what belongs in which decade.
Also gotta agree with you on the gem heavy stuff. I might pay 52 gems for an LTO, but it would have to be really spectacular, not grafitti wall hip hop break dancers.

The catalogue isn't terrible, but it sure does not say 90's to me. It is just jeans and a zip sweatshirt, absolutely boring. The choker looks ok, but since I am on android I cannot tell for sure. Plus I bet it is for gems.

Like others though, I am optimistic that next week will better.

With the past few horrible updates, my optimism for "there's always next week" has waned.

angelmama24
08-27-14, 08:02 AM
I actually rather like this update. I love the look of the jacket and I agree with dalula that we have a similar looking pair of jeans but hey this one is high waisted. I love high waisted stuff. I also like the unique looking black choker.

EVERYTHING IS JUST SO GEM HEAVY THOUGH :( Also, no shoes and no new hairstyles again???? That sucks :( Hoping for futuristic next week! :D It better be good!

I think the jacket is horrid and the jeans look like "mom jeans." Hey TL, what's happened to all the lovely suggestions in the polls? And seriously, when are we going to get a new hairstyle? (i.e., long side braid).

Ic3e
08-27-14, 08:50 AM
I think the jacket is horrid and the jeans look like "mom jeans." Hey TL, what's happened to all the lovely suggestions in the polls? And seriously, when are we going to get a new hairstyle? (i.e., long side braid).

Thank you, we get it. You absolutely loathe everything about this update. You're optimism for everything is wearing thin, where's your side braid and loathing, loathing and more loathing.

Now adding to the list hairstyles, may we please have a high ponytail. It would go great with the futuristic theme! If there will be one.

inandoutdiner
08-27-14, 01:31 PM
I think the update is kinda fun and colorful. We have seen much worse. I wouldn't mind purchasing if it didn't cost so much and droids had more gems sales (which only seems to come during a certain time of year).

irlanda_c
08-27-14, 09:09 PM
They could have get inspiration on the movie clueless (1995)

pinklover1204
08-27-14, 09:38 PM
Hello lovely FS community it's me Love Pink I agree the outfit in separate prices like jacket and jeans are cute that bag I don't get nor do I get the checker but hey and why r the LTO so expensive I can't buy them anyways cause TL won't let us expand Amy more please let us expand more so I can buy more and display the hundreds of items I have in inventory I think a 2nd floor would be great too so please I beg of you give us more room and a confirm gem button for example if I accidentally hit the 49 gem catalog extra box I have 4 times let us confirm the purchase cause you know it's as to hit that catalog box and the surprise boxes and chests some players don't know if you just touch a box you buy it we should get a confirm button there too it would be a good faith thing to do well I love FS and the community so I just want what's best for us all

edie62
08-28-14, 02:56 AM
I just wish I would we would get the Android version! It's Thursday night and still nothing! TL what's going on! When are going to get our update? ��

ONeal28
08-28-14, 01:51 PM
I dont understand why we haven't gotten the new version yet. Plus I agree with lovepink some of the items, are way expensive and we do need a confirm button for buying and deleting. Some games let you receive 6 gems if you download other games but some of my games dont offer that. We do need another expansion. I think teamlava should listen to the ome of our ideas cause alot of us do buy gems also. Our opinion should be considered.

JustKay
08-28-14, 07:20 PM
Why has nobody mentioned the laser lamp in this update? That's the coolest item I think, and it's only for coins too! Seriously who would want to pay gems for a fanny pack table in their store. The other items sort of seem a bit out of place in most stores IMO.

pinklover1204
08-29-14, 02:52 AM
Why has nobody mentioned the laser lamp in this update? That's the coolest item I think, and it's only for coins too! Seriously who would want to pay gems for a fanny pack table in their store. The other items sort of seem a bit out of place in most stores IMO.

Yes dear FS member the fiber optic lamps are cute and a coin item that
�� ��Love��Pink��

andromedablack
08-29-14, 08:02 AM
The new version is in the app store Fashion Story:Neon 90's
Personally I'll wait for the goal because I don't really like anything in this update.

aishaibrahims
08-29-14, 09:05 AM
Personally I'll wait for the goal because I don't really like anything in this update.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know. New versions never show in my app store unless i type the exact name! Which is hard when you dont know it! Thanks xx

CuteTali
08-29-14, 11:42 AM

Yes! That movie is totally 90's!! Great idea.

CuteTali
08-29-14, 11:45 AM

Thanks. I was really wondering if the new version would be a decades version or one specifically made for the 90's.

lelaina752
08-29-14, 04:00 PM

That would be amazing. Such a good idea.

cat13793
08-31-14, 10:54 AM
I hope TL makes a better update this week

cat13793
08-31-14, 10:56 AM
But I do like the mannequin

angelmama24
09-02-14, 12:04 PM
Thank you, we get it. You absolutely loathe everything about this update. You're optimism for everything is wearing thin, where's your side braid and loathing, loathing and more loathing.

Now adding to the list hairstyles, may we please have a high ponytail. It would go great with the futuristic theme! If there will be one.

Apparently the first amendment does not extend to forum posts, except for you dear. Must be nice to feel so entitled. BTW, it's "your optimism, not "you're."

jewelfang
09-02-14, 12:58 PM
Still have not gotten the offer to download the 90's version. It has been a whole week, so I am wondering if they might have forgotten. Still, I will not download that one until I get paid in gems to do it, lol.

MizCricket
09-02-14, 01:10 PM
Still have not gotten the offer to download the 90's version. It has been a whole week, so I am wondering if they might have forgotten. Still, I will not download that one until I get paid in gems to do it, lol.

One time it took 2 weeks before I got the goal. Normally if I haven't gotten the goal after a week, I just download the new version anyway, but that time I had totally forgotten about the new version and then the goal popped up after 2 whole weeks. So this time, I'll be waiting for sure!

CuteTali
09-02-14, 02:46 PM
These past couple of weeks they have been giving out all the goals 2 weeks too late. We went 2 weeks there without any new download goals or gem rewards. Remember we used to get the goal a day or two after a new version was released? Then a few days, then a week, now it's two weeks. Someone is being pretty stingy with the gem incentive downloads. All I know is that without the incentive I'll just play whatever version I already have and not bother upgrading. I never used to download extra versions before I started getting those goals and I was fine never downloading and trying their other games the whole first year I was playing.

JustKay
09-02-14, 06:06 PM
So this is why they don't have the items in the Android game yet! Their usual promotion drive. I was waiting on this since the dancing mannequin would look funny in the aerobic mats area of my gym store (id: zzGoldMine2). Just like me she's having a fanspastic in Body Attack :D

orleansparish
09-02-14, 07:40 PM

I saw the ponytail the girl from today's LTO has and jumped to the closet to see if it as available. I wear my hear in a high pony with a side band or top knot most of the time. I'd love to have an option like that. When I saw this LTO I immediately thought, how can this be for the 90s with no Fanny packs. Then laughed so much when I saw they were available too.

I passed on this because I knew it wouldn't fit anywhere in my trying to be snooty shop. But the constant complaints from the same players every week, not this one, is tiring. It's a game. We either like what they offer or don't. We order the clothes anyways, make the gems, spend them or save them and move it on alone. Simple enough formula to me, for some pixels.

6SweetSt
09-02-14, 10:51 PM
No reward to download this update, it will probably be 2 weeks like in RS. Unfortunately by now we can't buy gems to buy this weeks LTO. I tried to buy gems from the old Christmas version n it didn't work. So looks like if I want the new LTO better download update.

layummiest
09-03-14, 12:09 AM
layummiest
Quick question. How do I sign into my current account on a different device on Fashion Story???. Please i need an answer ASAP. I just got a new device and I want to maintain my current account. How do I achieve that? ??
Thanks.

meme1098
09-03-14, 07:00 AM
There's a login feature in Restaurant story. Here's the link for info:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

You will transfer all your TL games and be able to play when you upgrade to a new device. I use it all the time.

jewelfang
09-08-14, 01:14 PM
Ha! I finally got the goal offer to download the Neon 90's edition! 4 gems reward for my patience. :) Now I can get the lamps! And a new catalogue to farm gems out of. haha.
I also see that it IS really a decades edition, as in the loading screen picture there is the bag and vest from the 70's. I think I saw the pears from the 50's too, but it went by too fast.

JustKay
09-08-14, 04:39 PM
Devastation!!!!! Samsung Galaxy 2 is no longer supported!!! I can't download the new FS Neon 90s to several of my devices. At this rate I will have to close two of my stores soon!!

I guess it was bound to happen sometime soon, but it's such a simple game with little in feature additions I can't believe TL would just drop older support like that! Luckily my gym store (id: zzGoldMine2) is virtually complete, I just wanted the dancing mannequin to do her fanspastic thing on my gym mats. I guess I could do the account transfer trick to get the mannequin for this store but that's a bit of a hassle. My japanese garden store (id: KayJust) I'll finish my last expansion and redecor in about a week and then maybe just close it out after that.