PDA

View Full Version : Your Feeding Project

GanzEgal
08-24-14, 03:13 AM
Hello everyone, i thought we could Write Down How we go through Feeding and evolving. I See many Neighbours who are Feeding One After another to lvl 15 and others are not Feeding, just keeping the Money for expansions and clearing. How Are you Feeding/evolving? What Farms do u have?

I am trying on making all my creatures First up to lvl 10. I have 25 different Kinds of creatures and 21 are already lvl 10, so only Four left :) i take the 3 Minute Food, and in the Night the 8 Hours Food on two farms, the other 4 farms are still small :) it really Takes Long Time, i Hope we will have the Chance to get more extra Food. But i Love the small evolving Time :)

kita_drisk
08-24-14, 06:19 AM
I also try to get all of mine up to lvl 10 prior to evolving further. I focus the bigger money ones first (so my superrare/rare and gem/dark/water) then the rest of the them. I have 30 animals all together. 17 of them are lvl 10 or 15. It's a fairly slow process to build them up even with my farms producing the entire time.

As for my farms, I have 4 big farms; 2 small. I tend to use a lot of 5 hour foods and switch to the 8 hrs/20 hrs depending on my late night schedule.

infinitelove19
08-24-14, 06:55 AM
i have a very mathematical/analytical mind, so I like to to get the best reward per food payoff. For the most part I have all animals fed up to level 7 or 8 except a few which have a good return for feeding it up another level. Very few of my animals are fed to level 10, but then I also like to keep a lot of food on hand. So far, I only have one large farm, so most of my food is from harvesting the 3 minute power pears, while visiting neighbors to get more coins. If I had more space I might do things differently, and objectively speaking I should probably use more of my food stores to earn more coins, but I'm happy. Good times! :-)

zenobia42
08-24-14, 08:07 AM
Unless saving for a new habitat or expansion I feel I need (or the insane cost of clearing obstacles after expanding), I put all my gold into feeding my critters. Like infinitelove19, I go about it analytically - whichever critter gets the most increase in income per food spent... except every once in a while, I get one to level 10 or 15 because it's pretty and/or easy to do so. :)

I have 5 big farms and 1 grand. The grand pumps out cherries all day, while the other 5 pump out power pears. Then they all make mangoes overnight. I really wish the small farms could make mangoes, but because they don't, I have to lose those 25 squares and make them big. It sucks IMO that small farms cannot ever produce more than 50 food. Mangoes at 325 isn't great, but 1950 overnight every night is a SO much better than 250 that is the MOST small farms can do. The one grad farm BTW pretty much ONLY pumps out cherries.

If I EVER get the crystal unicorn (been level 3-0 and trying 24/7 for a couple weeks now), will start saving up for the gem habitat then.

SANDSCApe
08-25-14, 09:19 AM
Count me in for Analytics Anonymous. LOL. Confession: I actually calculate a cumulative diet-to-earnings ratio for each animal, and feed accordingly.
For the purposes of documenting all income brackets (I've identified at least 15 different ones), I've tried to feed at least one creature in each income bracket up to L10. Due to diminishing returns, I haven't raised any to L15 yet, but I'm gathering the data from those who have.
I have 2 small farms that only grow 3-min pears, 2 big ones that grow only 8-hr mangoes round the clock, and 2 grands that alternate between 1-hr cherries (when I'm active) and 5-hr nuts (when I'm sleeping or too busy to play).
I farm certain drones (Pandas and Dark commons) who are only fed to a point where they can quickly recover the investment, because they will later be sold off to make space for "album models" and better earners. That drone max is usually L4-L6.
I reserve a lot of coins and food for my explorations and inquiries. LOL. Currently sitting on 5.4M coins and 48K fruits. Those numbers can dip very quickly with a costly expansion or a super/ultra creature gobbling it's way from L4 to L9, but it doesn't take too long to recover.
Also, I don't feed creatures piece-meal (part-way through a level). If I don't have enough to take an animal to the next level, I wait until I can do all 5 feedings.

SANDSCApe
08-25-14, 09:28 AM
One other deviation from my methodological madness is the cuteness factor of the babies. For my daughter's sake, I've kept 3 baby bears (Pandaffodil, Iciclaw & EmberBear) and a baby Planther because they are just too adorable. We feed them once in a blue moon to watch their irresistible feeding animations.

zenobia42
08-25-14, 10:31 AM
Currently sitting on 5.4M coins and 48K fruits. Those numbers can dip very quickly with a costly expansion or a super/ultra creature gobbling it's way from L4 to L9, but it doesn't take too long to recover.

You see, I never get above half a million cons. Ever, And only rarely top 300k. Because it takes ALL my animals combined (animals that have all been leveled according to maximum ROI) to get the income just 2 small habitats full of unicorns / emeralds can make. So I have to scrimp and save EVERY penny. I know you say you are occasionally frustrated about there being a few rares & super rares you haven't gotten yet. But it is NOT the same as the frustration those of us with no unicorn have. Because in addition to not having their beauty, we are also rendered DIRT POOR compared to the elite unicorn owners. I opened up the final expansion the day after it was available. I STILL can't actually use the square though - I can't afford to clear it of the obstacles.

GanzEgal
08-25-14, 12:34 PM
Its really Nice to read how youre going on :) i have soon the 23 rd. of 25 up to lvl 10. On the One Side i Would really Love to have a new creature, on the other Side i Wanna reach the Goal to have One Time all creatures at lvl 10. Its really fun but hard :) I am to systematic to make it mathematical, i Love when everything is Balanced :) on this Way i will Take a Bit More Time to clear all obstacles :)

hugpete
08-25-14, 05:56 PM
I'm level 25, have 33 animals, and all expansions done & cleared. I was working on feeding my unicorn to level 15 but it got to be way too much food so she's at level 12 bringing in $4901 an hour. I checked the other animals who make the most and started leveling them up. I've got at least one of all the large habitats except the crystal one, 2 huge farms & 4 medium farms. I know he large blue and dark habitats weren't really worth the money but I'm trying to do all the goals (2 left ). Also trying to keep ~500k in coins as a minimum but I'm a little under atm due to buying another dark habitat.

SANDSCApe
08-25-14, 08:43 PM
You see, I never get above half a million cons. Ever, And only rarely top 300k. Because it takes ALL my animals combined (animals that have all been leveled according to maximum ROI) to get the income just 2 small habitats full of unicorns / emeralds can make. So I have to scrimp and save EVERY penny. I know you say you are occasionally frustrated about there being a few rares & super rares you haven't gotten yet. But it is NOT the same as the frustration those of us with no unicorn have. Because in addition to not having their beauty, we are also rendered DIRT POOR compared to the elite unicorn owners. I opened up the final expansion the day after it was available. I STILL can't actually use the square though - I can't afford to clear it of the obstacles.

You say you can't EVER go over 500K coins, yet I could make half that amount in less than 2 days with 16 panda/pony drones, 8 other commons, 1 rare & 2 supers.
For me, wealth did not START with the Unicorn. On the first few pages of the Crystal Unicorn thread, my screenshots show that on July 28, I had only 35,000 coins at Level 12. Two days later, another pic shows that I had raised the 270,000 coins needed for a Gem Grove at the time. How did I manage that? The answer is on page 4 of that thread:

... Some of us are breeding nothing but commons. Like I said earlier, I bred with 4 elements at once out of sheer frustration....
...Thank goodness for the battleground prizes of Ancient Sloth and Hydro Yak. Those are my super-rares. I've bred one rare. One. Aquatter.
Of my 27 creatures, 24 of them are common. I have only 11 types (5 types of bred hybrids), so most of the 27 are duplicate Ponies & Pandas...

Got that? 27 animals: 24 commons, 2 supers (Battleground prizes) and 1 rare. That was BEFORE any ultras; BEFORE any Dark hybrids. 16 of the 24 commons were drones - Pandas & Ponies. Drones were my foundation then, and they still are today.
Back then I spent money as quickly as I made it, so it couldn't really pile up, but as the game goes on, you build stuff, expand and clear obstacles far less frequently.
You keep pointing to the missing ultra-rares; I keep pointing to the common drones in the cheap small habitats that you insist can't make money.

JeannesThinkin
08-27-14, 07:16 PM
I feed according to the album. To LV4 first, then I feed to LV15. So far, I have all the single element commons at LV15. I am feeding the Vinotaur currently. If I get the Unicorn before I finish feeding the Vinotaur (Unlikely. Vinotaur's LV14, I will feed it first. Go figure. Screw math. I do it everyday at noon on paper.

My food income is Rune Prune. Rune Prune, so I don't have to worry about collecting in one of the 12 hours I play.

As for the drone topic that keeps popping up, I barely have the time to buy drones. My playing time is less than five minutes every 12 hours nowadays. (High School is not fun if you have my father even in Summer Break) I used to have as many drones as my current space allows, now, I have more than 50 squares left open. Believe me, I would be glad to rent out my space to you Unicorn Riders, but the game won't allow it. According to TL at least. Nowadays, keeping my funds over 100000 is a chore.

Zenobia42 has a point. The unicorn is the ultimate moneymaker. Drones are the second best way to get you rich. Along with visitors. The more habitats with animals you have, the more habitats to hold playing funds. Yay! So SANDSCApe also has a point.

GanzEgal
08-31-14, 04:11 AM
31400 Food remaining Till 29 different creatures are lvl 10, Well that are only 2 creatures who is needing sooooo much food :rolleyes: But number 30 is already in Nest, i will never reach my Goal :( never thought i wont be very happy breeding a new creature ;) Now 14 creatures left Till i have a full Album :)

zenobia42
08-31-14, 10:06 PM
31400 Food remaining Till 29 different creatures are lvl 10, Well that are only 2 creatures who is needing sooooo much food :rolleyes: But number 30 is already in Nest, i will never reach my Goal :( never thought i wont be very happy breeding a new creature ;) Now 14 creatures left Till i have a full Album :)
That's great! You will have all level tens in no time!

Petasos
09-01-14, 12:08 AM
Looking back I would say I totally agree with SAND on the pandas topic. You only need one fire habitat with one pony and an armordilly on it. Then fill your land with nature habitats and lvl 4 pandas. No real reason to feed them more. Gradually add a few rock habitats for hybrids then start replacing your natures with water, leaving a few for albums critters. Then when you can focus solely on dark habitats, replace everything but water and whatever you permanently need for album filler. Remember that the album commons you keep one of, are on low earning habitats or you burn coins.

I level all top tier super-rares to level 6 immediately. At lvl 6 they will earn you 960 per hour. And I think lvl 5 to 6 is only 1k apples total 5x200. From there you can do as you wish but feed top and bottom tier super-rares at least to 6. Top tier are glacial griffin, sea drake, phoenix, gargolem, Pegasus, ox. Bottom tiers are all other super rares not listed. Replace any panda drones with bottom tier or better duplicates until that is all you have extra. Then pair bottom tier supers with commons in low earning habitats, while the top tier supers do the same in the high income habitats.

Then feed them to lvl 10 one at a time, then to lvl 15. After a while you will have no use for most of what you breed, but some occasional upgrades, more money. You will make bank in short order this way. Even the lvl 4 pandas in large numbers make a lot of coin. That will fund your food, and expansions.

I used to make power pears and the 8 hour food at night. My logic was in 9 minutes you can make more than the hour long bananas make. But it is hard to sustain pears, as they can be really annoying after a few weeks. So now I make bananas instead during the day. Now that I have a unicorn and dragon I will likely switch to the high cost food soon. Right now I am buying the million gold expansions and clearing them. I will focus on food after that.

Hope that helps.

GanzEgal
09-05-14, 02:04 PM
Sooooo Honeys, i made it. Currently i have 31 different creatures aaaaaand ALL ARE lvl 10 :D I am really proud and happy :) Now my creatures are going to went to lvl 15 ;)

zenobia42
09-05-14, 02:42 PM
Sooooo Honeys, i made it. Currently i have 31 different creatures aaaaaand ALL ARE lvl 10 :D I am really proud and happy :) Now my creatures are going to went to lvl 15 ;)

CONGRATS! That's awesome!

It will take a while to get them all to 15 - do you have a plan? Are you going to get them all to 11, then all to 12, etc? Or one by one get them each to 15? If the latter, which ones do you plan on doing first?

SANDSCApe
09-05-14, 03:35 PM

Heheh. Sounds like fun. This week I finally caved in and took five more of mine to Level 10 who had been at Level 9 forever. That still makes it only ten animals at Level 10 in my forest, and only one at Level 15. I'm very stingy with feedings. Darkies, Electrics and starters are the only commons that I feed beyond Level 6.
I'm discouraged by the diminishing returns as one feeds through the upper levels, so most of my rares, supers and ultras stop eating as they reach Level 9. Occasionally, if I really like the adult form, I let them do the 2nd evolution.

GanzEgal
09-06-14, 07:54 AM
I am going to make one After another lvl 15, and Even if i Know its making less money, i am going to Start with the common, so i See fast a result and that will hopefully psych myself up :).
Its really fantastic to read How many really are able to stop Feeding at a lvl, cause of the Money. I am a (old)"Girl" and Love to See the evolved creatures in my Habitats, so i lose much Money and Need a Bit longer for clearing my fields and building big Habitats. I am more Girl than stratetic :)

sanya87
09-06-14, 09:29 AM
Me too i finally got all of my 37 animals to level 10, except two super rare duplicates that i keep on level 4 and use for breeding. So now i work slowly on getting them to level 15, at the moment i managed to get only 3 of them; pyro pony, skyger and leopard. For the next one i didnt decide yet but i will probably continue with commons :)

zenobia42
09-07-14, 09:11 PM
So I have gotten 27 of my 68 animals to level 10 or higher. From 10-15 is really expensive food-wise. So I've only gotten 4 to level 15 yet. Will make that number 5 tomorrow (my #1 of 2 Daredevils). Thanks to only feeding animals I know I will be keeping long-term past level 3, and based on their + income / food spent, my daily income is now over 700,000. It may sound like a lot but it's not enough to gain more than 2 expansions and clearing a week, and so I am having to sell off animals left and right which is a bummer. I am down to 1 each of most commons. But I am very slowly progressing. My album is now 39/47 as well.

sanya87
09-08-14, 02:22 AM
Well you definately make more money then me even though i got unicorn. Guess its also cause i dont like duplicates, i sell all the commons, i keep my two super rares and only rare duplicate i got was bamboon, but after 5 of them i was fed up and sold them all in the end. But i am ok honestly, even if i dont progress too quickly with expansions but i will eventually. At the moment i cant even afford to upgrade my electric habitat to finish the goal. My album is now 40/47 so i need to bring two more rares to level 10 now :) guess it will take forever to bring like only half of those animals to level 15!

SANDSCApe
09-08-14, 02:29 AM
So I have gotten 27 of my 68 animals to level 10 or higher. From 10-15 is really expensive food-wise. So I've only gotten 4 to level 15 yet. Will make that number 5 tomorrow (my #1 of 2 Daredevils). Thanks to only feeding animals I know I will be keeping long-term past level 3, and based on their + income / food spent, my daily income is now over 700,000. It may sound like a lot but it's not enough to gain more than 2 expansions and clearing a week, and so I am having to sell off animals left and right which is a bummer. I am down to 1 each of most commons. But I am very slowly progressing. My album is now 39/47 as well.

Your place is downright prosperous! You've got 5 out of the 6 Dark super-rares (the highest non-Gem earners) at Level 10 at least plus an enviable number of other super-rares. You have cleared and developed 9 of the 13 plots cleared on the lower ice cliff last time I checked, which is more than most players can say. Then again, 700K is far more than most players earn daily.

I'm not sure why you can't recognize how well you are doing. Two expansions a week is a reasonable pace and I don't see how players can go any faster unless they are speeding their expansions, clearings and breedings (for faster bombs). We earn 1 bomb for 6-11 hours of breeding, which gets us 2 runes on average. So we need about 60-110 hours of breeding to get 20 runes. That's 2.5 to 4.6 days. So even if one is rolling in coins, it will still be no more than 2 expansions a week (maybe 3 if you speed a wee bit here and there).

If you want TeamLava to believe you're suffering without a Unicorn, you're gonna need to slow down there, Zenobia. LOL Really, your forest looks great! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I wish I had many of your animals.

I have hungry ultras to feed, but not much variety in my forest. So many common duplicates, it just doesn't make sense to waste fruit on them anymore. In fact, I'm beginning to think I've been going about feeding all wrong. Too bad you can't take the food back. LOL

zenobia42
09-08-14, 11:27 AM
lol, Sandscape and thanks!

I have to work very hard to get what those with a few ultra rares get much more easily, so I just do it - work harder to try to get ahead. I have put a lot of time & effort into my spreadsheet of earnings vs. food cost analyses and another sheet where I organize the best habitats and animals arrangements to get the most bang for my buck out of that aspect as well, etc. I may make more than most players, but not having either any ultra rares nor a complete album means no substantial accomplishments made, to me. I can't make the luck that will give me the two big, real accomplishments in the game. So I make up for it with over-accomplishment in the aspect of the game that is more in my control than the RNG's.

happy2010
09-08-14, 06:55 PM
Hi Guys, Did anyone know how many Food need to feeding Unicorn to Lvl 15?