PDA

View Full Version : Please allow fun in games.

preinsko
08-24-14, 01:14 AM
I just deleted this game. It takes all the fun out of a game when you do as instructed and get nothing in return. I breed 2 animals I have no control over the offspring however, sometimes I get rewarded & sometimes I don't. Increased price of habitats by more than 100% what ever happened to incremental pricing. No wall for talking to neighbors & telling them I left the game. Cute idea; but once again marketing overrides development and dev suffers the consequences.

cocauina
08-24-14, 06:53 AM
It's normal if you get rewards or not, the game have goals, if you do not breed of buy what the goal asks for, you don't finish the goal, this means, no reward for you. And it's normal if you cannot control of the offspring, it's a just luck, if you could choose the animal, this game doesn't make sense.
The habitats are more cheap then was when the game was released, at least the habitats that hold 2 animals, 'cause the price it was in the begging was too much and the players were kinda of unable to buy the first habitats.

And yes, a wall was perfect, but TL didn't add one and didn't include one when the game was released 'cause the game was designed like this, instead of the wall we have the button to add other players when we visit their islands.

kita_drisk
08-24-14, 07:57 AM
Honestly, not having the wall was the reason why I came to the forum for the first time ever. I find the forum far more enjoyable than the walls on other TL games.

cocauina
08-24-14, 08:05 AM
True, but here, we don't know who is who, at least with me xD

One thing I don't like in the wall is, TL didn't create a limit for the lyrics, when I'm writing something I don't know if the sentence will be in only one comment or I need to write 2 comments.

And in here, we talk with more players, not only with one, and it's nice :)

princessbelle19
08-24-14, 10:56 AM
This is what brings the fun into the game a challenge it wouldn't be any fun with out a challenge if you just give it a chance and carry on playing it you will love it. The goals can be really hard though but if they were easy no-one would play the game.

zenobia42
08-24-14, 02:52 PM
This is what brings the fun into the game a challenge it wouldn't be any fun with out a challenge if you just give it a chance and carry on playing it you will love it. The goals can be really hard though but if they were easy no-one would play the game.

Challenging is good to a certain degree. But when the game sees fit to give some people multiple unicorns and emerald dragons, and the rest of us who try JUST as hard nothing... there really ought to be some way to get the unicorn if you try and fail say 25 times, you automatically get it or something. Because right now the game is NOT a challenge. It is a HUGE stream of bad luck, and watching others who have GOOD LUCK gloat about it constantly. The game should reward good, hard effort. Not deny them what they try so hard for for eternity.

cocauina
08-24-14, 03:11 PM
Challenging is good to a certain degree. But when the game sees fit to give some people multiple unicorns and emerald dragons, and the rest of us who try JUST as hard nothing... there really ought to be some way to get the unicorn if you try and fail say 25 times, you automatically get it or something. Because right now the game is NOT a challenge. It is a HUGE stream of bad luck, and watching others who have GOOD LUCK gloat about it constantly. The game should reward good, hard effort. Not deny them what they try so hard for for eternity.

In the begging in the game the players where able to breed Crystal Unicorn until they reach the lvl to unlock, so some players breeded the Crystal until the bug was fixed, and to breed Emerald dragon, we only have 2 outcomes, so is kinda of easy to have him.. So yeah, I'm still trying to breed Crystal, but at least I was able to breed some Super rares animals, there are some goals that are very HARD to complete

MelodicStars
08-24-14, 10:17 PM
I'm not saying your opinion is bad but if TL really changed the breeding rules to "if you breed 25 times with a certain combo, you are guaranteed a unicorn" then I'm pretty sure every player will be able to obtain it. And it would really take the value out of finally breeding that one elusive unicorn you've been trying to get forever. The unicorn wouldn't even be considered an ultra rare anymore since everybody would have it. Also, just because you haven't been able to breed it and consider it a HUGE stream of bad luck, doesn't mean it's the same bad luck for everyone. I got mine at lvl 16 while others have gotten it at lvl 30. Besides even though I have the unicorn and dragon right now, I don't breed a whole herd of them like others. It's the time and dedication players put in that gets them the unicorns and dragons, not the game just giving it out to certain players. I really hope you don't take this the wrong way but simply give you a whole other perspective to view it from. Good luck on getting the unicorn! I know you can do it ;)

princessbelle19
08-25-14, 01:34 AM

That is true but if the breeding was easy there would be no super rare or even any rare animals but that is very true.

EviBrooklyn
08-25-14, 06:57 AM
Here are my stats for this game:
I have 65 animals plus another 25 I sold right away equals 90
Out of this 90, I have 28 out of 41, so I'm missing 13.
Out of this 28, 14 are common, 4 super rares ( no crystals),
And 10 are rare. So, out of the 90 I bred 4 super rares, 10 rares and 76 common.
My breeding right now that I'm typing is a 12 hours( so an amordillo) and I have another amordillo in the nest.
Can't expand anymore, no new battlegrounds , gem gifts are limited to 20/day.
So this game is becoming very annoying. As much as I liked this game, TL has been very tight on rewarding members.
I guess they are to much into forcing their members to buy the super rares. Well, I wouldn't spend a penny into buying animals. The entertainment in this game is very low at this point. What's the point of playing other than collecting food, gems and gold which we can't really use at this point.
Tonight is my last breeding. If I get a common, I'll give up and add a long review on apple store.
Hope others do get their little crystal unicorns though and their patience will be rewarded !!!

zenobia42
08-25-14, 11:01 AM
I'm not saying your opinion is bad but if TL really changed the breeding rules to "if you breed 25 times with a certain combo, you are guaranteed a unicorn" then I'm pretty sure every player will be able to obtain it. And it would really take the value out of finally breeding that one elusive unicorn you've been trying to get forever. The unicorn wouldn't even be considered an ultra rare anymore since everybody would have it. Also, just because you haven't been able to breed it and consider it a HUGE stream of bad luck, doesn't mean it's the same bad luck for everyone. I got mine at lvl 16 while others have gotten it at lvl 30. Besides even though I have the unicorn and dragon right now, I don't breed a whole herd of them like others. It's the time and dedication players put in that gets them the unicorns and dragons, not the game just giving it out to certain players. I really hope you don't take this the wrong way but simply give you a whole other perspective to view it from. Good luck on getting the unicorn! I know you can do it ;)

Yeah, but players like myself and Brooklyn have tried just as hard as most who have gotten the unicorn, and a whole lot harder than a whole lot of people. Why should people who are not at all dedicated to the game get it left and right, and those who have tried EVERY BIT AS MUCH as ANYONE out there not? Does that really seem right to you? I know in games as in RL, luck is a factor. But enough hard work ought to get you SOMETHING for your sincere efforts. Maybe 25 is too few to kick in the 100% odds for just one, and maybe the odds after weeks of futility should not go up to 100%. But I'm saying SOMETHING needs to change to prevent all the players who try very hard but are very unlucky from ditching the game. Maybe after 10 4-element fails, the odds go from 1% (which is just a # I am using for the sake of argument - I have NO clue what the odds are).... maybe after 10 attempts and fails, 1% chance becomes 1.5%. Then after another 10 fails, it's 2%. Etc. Only for those who have tried very, very hard since day 1, 24/7, and STILL don't have what other people get their first try level 15 or whatever. They should make it so if the game is CONSTANTLY rolling a bad number for you, eventually that bad number is good enough to make the %.

You REALLY think a game where people who work very hard are denied time and time and time and time again, where persistence and effort and setting alarms to know the exact moment they can try again, and rushing if the breed would finish while sleeping so as not to waste any hours at all means NOTHING... and where others who barely try at all hit the jackpot in the first few tries, THAT is the ideal way to set up a game? Really? A game where honest effort and persistence NEVER pay off for some people the game has decided to make unlucky for weeks and weeks and weeks on end? Tell, me in what world is that FUN for those who try and fail over and over and over and over and over again? It is ONLY fun for the LUCKY ones.

MelodicStars
08-25-14, 03:04 PM
Yeah, but players like myself and Brooklyn have tried just as hard as most who have gotten the unicorn, and a whole lot harder than a whole lot of people. Why should people who are not at all dedicated to the game get it left and right, and those who have tried EVERY BIT AS MUCH as ANYONE out there not? Does that really seem right to you? I know in games as in RL, luck is a factor. But enough hard work ought to get you SOMETHING for your sincere efforts. Maybe 25 is too few to kick in the 100% odds for just one, and maybe the odds after weeks of futility should not go up to 100%. But I'm saying SOMETHING needs to change to prevent all the players who try very hard but are very unlucky from ditching the game. Maybe after 10 4-element fails, the odds go from 1% (which is just a # I am using for the sake of argument - I have NO clue what the odds are).... maybe after 10 attempts and fails, 1% chance becomes 1.5%. Then after another 10 fails, it's 2%. Etc. Only for those who have tried very, very hard since day 1, 24/7, and STILL don't have what other people get their first try level 15 or whatever. They should make it so if the game is CONSTANTLY rolling a bad number for you, eventually that bad number is good enough to make the %.

You REALLY think a game where people who work very hard are denied time and time and time and time again, where persistence and effort and setting alarms to know the exact moment they can try again, and rushing if the breed would finish while sleeping so as not to waste any hours at all means NOTHING... and where others who barely try at all hit the jackpot in the first few tries, THAT is the ideal way to set up a game? Really? A game where honest effort and persistence NEVER pay off for some people the game has decided to make unlucky for weeks and weeks and weeks on end? Tell, me in what world is that FUN for those who try and fail over and over and over and over and over again? It is ONLY fun for the LUCKY ones.

Don't worry I completely understand what you're saying. I've been trying to get the volcamel (only to fail more than 50 times and still have not gotten it) armordillo after armordillo (and it's only a rare too..) While I've seen others get it on their 1st try. And maybe TL could add more achievements that gives you rewards for breeding. They gave an achievement for collecting coins so why not breeding? And I never said it would be "fun" for the players who aren't as "lucky." Of course you're not gonna have the time of your life by breeding fails. That being said, I agree with the "awards for trying and persistence" just not the whole "after a certain amount of times you are guaranteed an animal." And I'm not gonna sugar-coat it but life is simply unfair. Some people get something while others don't. It's just how it is :/ *Please keep in mind I do not have an intention of arguing and I fully support your opinions and suggestions*