PDA

View Full Version : Emerald dragon much harder to get now!!

cquinn32
08-23-14, 08:05 AM
Thought Id try for another until I bred my unicorn and panda and got a 5hr timer?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/c62f5f42d9f9332fd1adfecda118d27c_zpsce92a8ac.jpg
Hope this is a glitch

kita_drisk
08-23-14, 08:33 AM
I noticed that today too. It was bound to happen eventually...

zenobia42
08-23-14, 09:01 AM
Great. Before I can even get the crystal unicorn, the emerald becomes impossible. I'll never get it. :(

Anyuszko
08-23-14, 09:37 AM
O-o..... What this 5 hrs can be? Rainguin? Strange..

zenobia42
08-23-14, 11:40 AM
I REALLY hope this is a glitch and they are not making it so that those of us who are unlucky enough to have not gotten a crystal dragon despite trying 24/7 are not ALSO unlucky enough to not be able to make an emerald as easily as those who already were the lucky ones and got unicorns quickly.

igames4me
08-23-14, 11:59 AM
This has too be a glitch.... Tried it and got 5 hrs sped up an when in nest it's. A panda with seconds in nest.

But breeding 5 hrs... This has too be a glitch since a panda is only seconds not 5 hrs
Pls fix tl

kita_drisk
08-23-14, 12:07 PM
I was just about to comment on that. Yeah, 5 hours to breed and the usual 20 sec. in the nest. Just makes it take longer.

cocauina
08-23-14, 12:51 PM
Probably it's a glitch, 'cause it's ridiculous from TL transform the breeding time from Pandaffodil to 5hrs instead of 20 seconds, since the Forest dragon (Dragon Story) is also 20seconds and when trying to breed Quetzal, the breed for Forest is 20seconds too..

Anyuszko
08-23-14, 02:10 PM
Hmmm... Wonder what TL would response on this. I already have 3 emeralds, but I hope it is just a glitch, and not a "serious" change.

SANDSCApe
08-23-14, 03:15 PM
Well this stinks. I decided yesterday not to breed any more Emerald Dragons, but this still ticks me off.
I suspect TL may be introducing a spoiler for this ultra hybrid - a pure Nature breed that would have longer breed & hatch times than Panda but higher rarity.

For many months in Dragon Story, the super-rare 26-hour Dawntree added to the frustration of breeding Quetzal from a Diamond-Forest pair which previously could only produce a 30-second Forest or the 32-hour Quetzal. In fact, to make matters worse, instead of retiring Dawntree which most players assumed was an Earthday seasonal, TeamLava yanked the Quetzal instead! It was something like a year before Quetzal was reintroduced and the Dawntree finally made an exit.

I think the 5-hour pure-Nature breed became a Panda egg simply because they had not yet coded the 5-hour egg or the animal, but activated the breeding before they were ready to roll out the new Nature breed. I'll bet my last gem that the artwork and animations for the egg and the various life stages are ready and waiting on somebody's laptop at TeamLava. Watch for it. The totally unnecessary, super-rare 5-hour MeanGreen whose sole purpose is to eat up your gems as you try to speed past it for an Emerald Dragon.

And when they get around to rolling out a 45-hour Gem-Fire hybrid, there will also be the 20-hour super-rare pure Fire spoiler called BloodyMare!

infinitelove19
08-23-14, 09:20 PM
What's the deal, TL??? I am not a happy camper!

infinitelove19
08-23-14, 10:20 PM
This has too be a glitch.... Tried it and got 5 hrs sped up an when in nest it's. A panda with seconds in nest.

But breeding 5 hrs... This has too be a glitch since a panda is only seconds not 5 hrs
Pls fix tl

Guessing we'll have to wait until Monday for a response from TL, but I sure hope it's good news, like. "Oops, our bad. We fixed it and now we're back to 30 second breed & hatch for the fails for Emerald dragon." Hope so. It's bad enough we are limited in expansions, they really shouldn't be adding insult to injury, with this sort of change.... :-/

55lee55
08-23-14, 10:24 PM
Is this game a continuation of Dragon Story?

I don't play DS, and it seems that nearly all threads end up explaining or complaining about something to do with DS, which makes no sense to me, and possibly not others who don't play DS.

So, is it a requirement that to play and enjoy or even understand this game I need to play DS? I admit I tried it when I got gems for other games and I found it did not appeal to me. Possibly because I am much older than the Internet, dragons were always a good game subject, and I have played dozens of dragon themed games over the years, but I am just not interested in dragon themed games.

FFS has animals similar to dragons, and even one called a dragon, but it has a nice variety and I find this game increasingly interesting.

But do I have to play a game I don't find interesting and read complaints about DS at levels much higher than FFS is currently sitting in order to understand and play FFS, or does this game stand alone?

To stay on topic I have not ever got the five hour timer when trying to breed the Emerald Dragon, and all I get are the Pandas. So does this Emerald Dragon difficulty breeding, which I seem to be having compared to those who got the Unicorn early because it seems my friends who had the Unicorn soon followed with a Dragon, but those who didn't get lucky with the Unicorn until recently, don't seem to be getting the Dragon shortly after as seemed to happen when I began playing. Apparently, although I don't understand how or why, this has something to do with Dragon Story. Or does it?

Can someone explain to a non DS player? Thanks?

infinitelove19
08-24-14, 12:42 AM

Initially (before yesterday sometime) when people tried to breed Emerald dragon, using pandafodill and Unicorn, if they were unsuccessful, they got 20 seconds breeding time, resulting in a pandaffodil, then 20 seconds hatching.

NOW we seem to have a 5 HOUR fail, which still results in a Pandaffodil, which still only takes 20 seconds to hatch. Given that some people have had to try 50 or 60 times to succeed, having to wait five hours for each of those seems kinda awful.

As for whether this is a permanent and intentional change, we don't know as nobody from Teamlava has commented one way or the other, and this is likely because it is the weekend. As for all the comments about Dragon Story, I suppose those of us familiar with it use it as a reference point, in no small part because of some striking similarities between this game and DS.

:-)

cquinn32
08-24-14, 09:03 AM
Was sure hoping to see that this had been fixed by now!! It would be so wrong for TL to do this intentionally but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

SANDSCApe
08-24-14, 01:45 PM

I don't play DS, and it seems that nearly all threads end up explaining or complaining about something to do with DS, which makes no sense to me, and possibly not others who don't play DS.

So, is it a requirement that to play and enjoy or even understand this game I need to play DS? I admit I tried it when I got gems for other games and I found it did not appeal to me. Possibly because I am much older than the Internet, dragons were always a good game subject, and I have played dozens of dragon themed games over the years, but I am just not interested in dragon themed games.

FFS has animals similar to dragons, and even one called a dragon, but it has a nice variety and I find this game increasingly interesting.

But do I have to play a game I don't find interesting and read complaints about DS at levels much higher than FFS is currently sitting in order to understand and play FFS, or does this game stand alone?

To stay on topic I have not ever got the five hour timer when trying to breed the Emerald Dragon, and all I get are the Pandas. So does this Emerald Dragon difficulty breeding, which I seem to be having compared to those who got the Unicorn early because it seems my friends who had the Unicorn soon followed with a Dragon, but those who didn't get lucky with the Unicorn until recently, don't seem to be getting the Dragon shortly after as seemed to happen when I began playing. Apparently, although I don't understand how or why, this has something to do with Dragon Story. Or does it?

The only increased difficulty in breeding Emerald Dragon lies in the mysterious 5-hour breeding time that some players are encountering. Obviously, nobody should be waiting 5 hours for a Pandaffodil egg, so we are sure it is a glitch that TL will hopefully correct soon. If your only obstacle to an Emerald Dragon is the 20-second breeding and hatching of an infinite number of Pandaffodils, that sounds like normal gameplay.

In theory, Emerald Dragon is much easier to breed than Crystal Unicorn for 2 reasons:
1. There are only 2 possible outcomes if you limit the pool to Gem-Nature.
2. The only unwanted outcome is an easy 20-second tosser (without the glitch).
Unfortunately, there's no telling how many of those you may have to go through so "much easier" may not feel the least bit easy in actual practice.

In my own experience, the Emerald took an average of 100 panda eggs sold in about 1 hour of steadily trying, but at least one took a few hours during which I had to take breaks from the tedious disappointments. I've heard of someone getting it after only 20 fails, and others who tried for days without success. You simply never know, and all I can suggest is persistence.

For those being snagged by the 5-hour bug, I suggest you take screenshots and email Support@TeamLava.com, especially if you choose to speed through it with gems. If the bug is persistent, it may be best to wait until TL sorts this out before you resume trying for an Emerald Dragon.

Sorry for the constant mentions of Dragon Story. Of all the TL games, Dragon Story and Monster Story are the ones that most closely resemble this game, and since DS is the most developed, its players have seen many of the same rules, patterns, features, glitches, bugs and SOLUTIONS that we are encountering here. The comparisons and references are inevitable, but there is certainly no DS prerequisite.

zenobia42
08-24-14, 02:47 PM
I have not ever got the five hour timer when trying to breed the Emerald Dragon, and all I get are the Pandas. So does this Emerald Dragon difficulty breeding, which I seem to be having compared to those who got the Unicorn early because it seems my friends who had the Unicorn soon followed with a Dragon, but those who didn't get lucky with the Unicorn until recently, don't seem to be getting the Dragon shortly after as seemed to happen when I began playing.

If they keep the 5-hour timer now, ... it's bad enough to try 24/7 for a unicorn and fail fail fail fail fail fail... and not even get one of the 8 non-crystal critters I still don't have! But if those who were luckier, and got the unicorn early, also get ALL the luck and got a ton of emeralds and now the REST of us are going to have to deal with fails that are 5 hours instead of seconds.... Team Lava - the way to keep us interested in the game is NOT to force those who have been trying really hard but hit hard luck to fall even FURTHER behind the lucky ones by compounding the bad luck of no unicorn with the bad luck of "Oh, you didn't get one yet? Too bad - now it's 10 x harder to get an emerald." Those with a crystal and 5 emeralds already make over 4,000 coins per hour per animal. My current best income is 1439 per hour, two of those. And two right around 1100. For someone with a total of 4 lvl 10 unicorns/dragons, their 4 animals and 2 habitats take up 18 squares. In order for me to get that 18,000 per hour coins they get from 4 animals and 18 squares, it takes EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OVER 40 ANIMALS I HAVE, and the ENTIRETY OF ALL AVAILABLE OPEN SPACE.

I don't have the dam crystal animals. I have been trying NONSTOP FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS ON END. I understand that it's just a case of bad luck over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. But isn't the SOME way to code it so that if you've tried 25 times, you friggen get the friggen unicorn already? I am SO sick of hearing people complain that they don't have enough emerald dragons. Guess what? IT COULD BE WORSE. You could try 24/7 for weeks on end to find that it just keeps getting more and more difficult to get the suckers, while 90% of the players here gloat and gloat about having SO many crystals and oh no the poor things now have to wait too long to get emerald #10. SCREW making it easier for the people who ALREADY got all the luck. The game needs to fix the system so that the rest of us who have been playing every bit as intrepidly get a chance to get these critters. Before we give up and leave in droves. HARD WORK SHOULD BE REWARDED eventually. And time is almost up. This game gets closer to my trash bucket every single of the dozens and dozens and dozens of repeated fails without even the grace of granting me one of the OTHER 8 I'm missing. I can't even build dark coves because I HAVE NO COINS BECAUSE ALL MY ANIMALS COMBINED can only make as much as the privileged folks on here make with 18 squares and 4 friggen animals. This continued denial of advancement to those of us who have worked every bit as hard as them and gotten JACK for it is ruining the game.

EviBrooklyn
08-24-14, 06:28 PM
If they keep the 5-hour timer now, ... it's bad enough to try 24/7 for a unicorn and fail fail fail fail fail fail... and not even get one of the 8 non-crystal critters I still don't have! But if those who were luckier, and got the unicorn early, also get ALL the luck and got a ton of emeralds and now the REST of us are going to have to deal with fails that are 5 hours instead of seconds.... Team Lava - the way to keep us interested in the game is NOT to force those who have been trying really hard but hit hard luck to fall even FURTHER behind the lucky ones by compounding the bad luck of no unicorn with the bad luck of "Oh, you didn't get one yet? Too bad - now it's 10 x harder to get an emerald." Those with a crystal and 5 emeralds already make over 4,000 coins per hour per animal. My current best income is 1439 per hour, two of those. And two right around 1100. For someone with a total of 4 lvl 10 unicorns/dragons, their 4 animals and 2 habitats take up 18 squares. In order for me to get that 18,000 per hour coins they get from 4 animals and 18 squares, it takes EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OVER 40 ANIMALS I HAVE, and the ENTIRETY OF ALL AVAILABLE OPEN SPACE.

I don't have the dam crystal animals. I have been trying NONSTOP FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS ON END. I understand that it's just a case of bad luck over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. But isn't the SOME way to code it so that if you've tried 25 times, you friggen get the friggen unicorn already? I am SO sick of hearing people complain that they don't have enough emerald dragons. Guess what? IT COULD BE WORSE. You could try 24/7 for weeks on end to find that it just keeps getting more and more difficult to get the suckers, while 90% of the players here gloat and gloat about having SO many crystals and oh no the poor things now have to wait too long to get emerald #10. SCREW making it easier for the people who ALREADY got all the luck. The game needs to fix the system so that the rest of us who have been playing every bit as intrepidly get a chance to get these critters. Before we give up and leave in droves. HARD WORK SHOULD BE REWARDED eventually. And time is almost up. This game gets closer to my trash bucket every single of the dozens and dozens and dozens of repeated fails without even the grace of granting me one of the OTHER 8 I'm missing. I can't even build dark coves because I HAVE NO COINS BECAUSE ALL MY ANIMALS COMBINED can only make as much as the privileged folks on here make with 18 squares and 4 friggen animals. This continued denial of advancement to those of us who have worked every bit as hard as them and gotten JACK for it is ruining the game.

I'm about to give this game up also. It's becoming just annoying. No rewards equals no challenge so if I don't get it in the next 24 hours, I'm not playing this game any longer. I really like dragon city ( not DS) lots of battles, expansions, food is way cheaper and all their dragons pay a lot, their commons pay as much as the super rares here.

hugpete
08-24-14, 06:42 PM

So, is it a requirement that to play and enjoy or even understand this game I need to play DS? I admit I tried it when I got gems for other games and I found it did not appeal to me.

Many people who recently started FFS (a month ago...?) came from DS. There was a quest to play this game and then a quest to buy a decoration, which rewarded gems, so a lot of us came over to FFS and stayed. FFS and DS have many similarities, many! So those are probably the reasons there're a lot of comparisons lately.

JeannesThinkin
08-24-14, 07:06 PM

I agree, but I still don't want a 5hr Pandaffodil. I don't have a Crystal, been trying since Jackalope came out. If I ever get this animal, I'll be trying for a Emerald Dragon. And if I see a 5hr Pandaffodil, somebody is going to be real unlucky to be my troubleshooter. You get a Ultra Rare after countless 3hr+ fails, you'd want to get another one that came easily to others easily too.

infinitelove19
08-24-14, 09:28 PM
Team Lava - the way to keep us interested in the game is NOT to force those who have been trying really hard but hit hard luck to fall even FURTHER behind the lucky ones by compounding the bad luck of no unicorn with the bad luck of "Oh, you didn't get one yet? Too bad - now it's 10 x harder to get an emerald."

Completely agree with this. Teamlava take note!!!

To be honest I've been seeing a move in several TL games towards super frustration unless you spend a tonne of gems & it has me considering - for the first time - deleting all TL apps. Yes you want to make money & I am happy to support good games with gem purchases from time to time, but if you move too far towards "Ya gotta pay to play" (or else be super-duper frustrated!!!) it will alienate enough of your client base to possibly sink your whole fleet. It's up to you, TL. Please consider our feedback & reverse this change.

hugpete
08-24-14, 10:47 PM
I don't see any posts to the Bugs forum about this. It hasn't happened to me... so, could someone else post it over there?

55lee55
08-24-14, 11:54 PM
Completely agree with this. Teamlava take note!!!

To be honest I've been seeing a move in several TL games towards super frustration unless you spend a tonne of gems & it has me considering - for the first time - deleting all TL apps. Yes you want to make money & I am happy to support good games with gem purchases from time to time, but if you move too far towards "Ya gotta pay to play" (or else be super-duper frustrated!!!) it will alienate enough of your client base to possibly sink your whole fleet. It's up to you, TL. Please consider our feedback & reverse this change.

Okay, this just happened to me. I didn't understand the problem, because of lack of experience, but I recently stopped spending $800 or more on Castle Story because TL stopped making quests that resulted in anything useful for a Level 50 player, and even stooped to a community event where about half of the personal prizes were useless to me because they were common supplies that I had easily maxed out on long ago, and not one prize in an 18 day event drops anything at all. The few prizes that I got were useless decorations, and except for one that took up a huge amount of space were not decorations I even found attractive. So TL lost a paying customer on that game, and while i will stay and play for free because I have good conversations with neighbors, FFS has no Wall. I just wasted 5 gems to get a Panda which takes seconds, not 5 hours to hatch.

TL, I was just beginning to enjoy this game, despite the major gem greediness, but this Panda thing is the end of the line for spending more money on TL games. It would take a substantial change in the gem traps, i.e. get rid of them, and a personal apology with a refund.

I have friends who play CS, and will go there to visit with them, but I have no reason to spend one more cent on further gems to play this game which has no social aspect and I just lost 5 gems for no reason whatsoever. i assumed that I would at least get a different animal.

Bad move TL. This will take more than a fix of the problem to bring me back here. There is not enough to cause me to spend my money on gems for TL games. In CS I have a nicely decorated kingdom and lots of awesome neighbors. This game allows for neither, then it rips off my money as well. It was impossible enough to keep breeding to get the Emerald Dragon, when it was a repetitive motion for days with no result. But to charge five gems or five hours to fail, no, you have gone too far this time.

infinitelove19
08-25-14, 06:49 AM
I don't see any posts to the Bugs forum about this. It hasn't happened to me... so, could someone else post it over there?

Do you mean that you can currently breed pandaffodil with unicorn & only get a 20 second fail? Like now, not days ago? This whole thread might get moved to the bugs forum, if it is a bug.

On another note, it is 7am Monday morning in Teamlava land, so hopefully in the next few hours we'll get a response & a fix. *fingers crossed*

kooky panda
08-25-14, 07:40 AM
I have moved this thread to the bug forum and also reported this over to the community managers.

infinitelove19
08-25-14, 02:34 PM
I have moved this thread to the bug forum and also reported this over to the community managers.

Any news on this issue?

I'm going to take the fact that this is in the bugs forum that ths is in fact a bug, which itself is good news!
Has it been fixed? I would hate to try breeding for Emerald dragon again just to get another five hour panda. Any update/info is appreciated. Cheers!

igames4me
08-25-14, 03:24 PM
Wow no news from this yet? It's Monday come on tl

kooky panda
08-25-14, 05:13 PM
Update:

This is by design to balance the game and maintain the rarity of Ultra Rares. The breeding timer for Pyro and Pandaffodil is 5 hours. The hatch time has not changed.

You should not receive Pyro or Pandaffodil as a result unless you are breeding for Ultra Rares or when both parents are the same (i.e. Pyro x Pyro will only give Pyros).

igames4me
08-25-14, 05:25 PM
Boooooo teamlava

Thanks kooky for the response
Not trying for emerald now

infinitelove19
08-25-14, 05:30 PM
Update:

This is by design to balance the game and maintain the rarity of Ultra Rares. The breeding timer for Pyro and Pandaffodil is 5 hours. The hatch time has not changed.

You should not receive Pyro or Pandaffodil as a result unless you are breeding for Ultra Rares or when both parents are the same (i.e. Pyro x Pyro will only give Pyros).

Right... best to punish people who had to work longer to get their unicorn by changing the rules to breed emerald. Not a good move. Besides, sitting and breeding 100 20-second fails is hardly 'easy.' Doable, yes, but people still hve to work for it. If you wanted this to be the way Emerald is bred, it should have started off this way. Not put in place later & seeming to add insult to injury for those who were stumped by the Crystal Unicorn.

Has the team at least received the feedback from this thread???
People are very displeased. (& considering leaving as a result)
I mean if you want to maintain balance, do it with subsequent ultra-rares. Don't change the rules after the fact!
If you did it with the red/crystal hybrid - ***and it was RELEASED that way**** even if it upset people at least it would be fair across the board. Yes, I know life is not fair, but why in the world does a game have to go out of its way to be completely unbalanced and unfair to its client-base???

It's almost like you are begging us to leave.
You just might get your wish.

cquinn32
08-25-14, 05:34 PM
This is completely rediculous TL!!! This really ticks me off and I feel terrible for those who now must deal with this while trying for their first emerald.

ArcadiaTofu
08-25-14, 08:01 PM
Agreed; I took comfort in the fact that once I got my Crystal Unicorn I would have an easier time getting an Emerald Dragon like so many of my neighbors have. Seriously, a good chunk of my neighbors have more than one Emerald Dragon and they got them because they were easier to get than Crystal Unicorn. I just got my Crystal Unicorn on Saturday and it still has two more days before it hatches. So now once I get my Crystal Unicorn how good of a chance will I have to get Emerald Dragon? A .05%? 2%? 10%?

To me, it seems like TL would have a better shot at keeping the Emerald Dragon somewhat easy to get in comparison to Crystal Unicorn and make another ultra-rare hard to get (once TL has developed another ultra-rare). Hell, why not give users another month of 'easy' Emerald Dragon breeding before making them super-had to get? At least then users that still have yet to get Crystal Unicorn or just got it will have a shot at an easier breed? Or at least have some type of warning for users that have no idea these 'new' changes were just put into effect... :mad:

Overall, though, I'm disappointed all-around :(

igames4me
08-25-14, 08:27 PM
why not make it 1 hr or 2 hrs? lets compromise tl?

sanya87
08-26-14, 01:37 AM
This is really bad and not fair at all. I am trying for weeks for the unicorn and now this?? Seriously, I am started to feel fed up by this games, always some changes to get things worse and worse. I have already left a few games because of that and I am really tempted to do the same with this one. One thing is sure now, not one cent again will go out of my pocket for a team lava game. Why should we support you if you don't have respect for your players?

infinitelove19
08-26-14, 06:24 AM
One thing is sure now, not one cent again will go out of my pocket for a team lava game. Why should we support you if you don't have respect for your players?

Yeah... between you and me, I probably would have caved & bought gems to speed up my emerald dragon after goodness-only-knows-how-many 20 second pandafoddils, but alas it is not to be. Not getting suckered into spending 5 gold each breeding failure when others merely had to use their time, patience & hard-earned (or bought) Unicorn. No money for a game I enjoy (because I no longer enjoy it) only bitterness at their complete disregard to fairness, the integrity of their game and, oh yeah, their customers!!!! But such is the integrity of the workers at teamlava, they care not for happiness and satisfaction of customers, nor their bottom line of money to pay their bills & keep their business running. Their selfless hearts are only interested in maintaining the ultra-rare status of the Emerald dragon, even if it does mean punishing the majority of players for the good luck/fortune of the few who decided to breed a tonne of them up front. I would applaud you, but your audience has left the building.

Surely there are better ways to achieve your goals, Teamlava... and an ultra-rare more common than others is hardly a problem, is it??? I mean seriously!?!

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 08:08 AM
Update:

So it's a bug, but a DELIBERATE bug, designed to sabotage loyal players, many of whom are customers. What a concept!
What a slap in the face! If they wanted to throw in a spoiler (as they have in other breeding games with this same situation), the least they could have done is CREATE an actual 5-hour pure Nature breed. But perhaps they don't feel the need for such pretenses here.

TeamLava is always talking about "balance." That seems to be the standard euphemism for sticking it to the players. It's anybody's guess what they could possibly mean by "maintain the rarity of ultra-rares." The rarity is already SET by coding relatively low odds for breeding an ultra. If they are doing this with only two ultras in the game, what atrocities lie ahead?

The consequences of their choice to make the first ultra hybrid a Nature breed should have been obvious. How could they not have foreseen a proliferation of Emerald Dragons?
Even so, there's really no need for any spoiler because:

1. TL already has the power to limit the odds of breeding either of the two ultras, especially the Unicorn.
2. The 90-hour ordeal of breeding and hatching an Emerald is enough to limit how many a player will create.
3. With 41 unique creatures, and a 31-habitat limit that most players cant find space to build, there isn't room to really go crazy with Emeralds.

Okay, so maybe a handful of players DID go a little crazy (if by crazy, we mean 3 Emeralds). Actually, there appear to be more players with multiple Unicorns than those with multiple Emeralds.

Why ruin it for those trying to breed their first Emerald Dragon after finally getting a Unicorn? This is just foul.
Here are decent fixes, any or all of which TeamLava COULD have implemented instead, and STILL CAN:

A. Cap the number of Emeralds (or Unicorns) a single player could breed from this point onward.

B. Limit the number of Gem Groves per forest, so that any excessive number of Emeralds would be restrained by the low coin capacity of Nature habitats.

C. Freeze any animals in excess of the new limits so that they can't be raised beyond their current level.

The few players who already have either ultra-rare animals or Gem Groves exceeding any new limit could be grandfathered in, as long as they don't empty or sell the pre-existing Groves or animals. It's not that hard to do the fair and right thing, TeamLava.

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 08:23 AM
Update:

Wait a minute. 5-hour PyroPony breeding times? How does that in ANY way relate to "maintaining the rarity" of Crystal Unicorn or Emerald Dragon? There is currently no ultra-rare hybrid involving the Fire element. Is there one coming soon for which we must expect 5-hour Pony fails in the Garden with regular Pony times in the nest?

infinitelove19
08-26-14, 08:36 AM
Update:

With the reference to BOTH Pyro and Pandafoddil, anybody else see an ultra-rare red/crystal hybrid in our near future??? I know I do & I'd even bet on it possibly being this week... not sure how well the 5 hour (idk, Ruby phoenix or something) will go over, but I can't see anybody being thrilled about it. BUT at least THAT would be the SAME for EVERYBODY.
Equally unfair for all....

But back to the issue of Emerald, the rules should be the same for all - no changing things part-way & making things even harder for those who had tough luck already with getting the Crystal Unicorn.

SANDSCApe has made some very well thought out points. Take your pick of alternate solutions.
I love you SAND!!!

edit: I was too slow typing & editing, you already caught on to the repeated Pony references! ;-)

SANDSCApe
08-26-14, 09:44 AM
I've announced a public protest against the Emerald blocker. Not to malign TL in any way, but to encourage players to take a stand.

The point of this wasted breeding is to show solidarity and support for those players who are now being deliberately thwarted in their efforts to breed an Emerald Dragon.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps00f59ca1.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps00f59ca1.jpg.html)
They have persisted through countless fails to produce a Crystal Unicorn. Now they must now endure the unnecessary insult of a 5-hour Pandaffodil breeding, added to the injury of losing out on 5 gems or 5 hours worth of Unicorn income to produce a worthless 20-second egg.

If YOU have more than one ultra-rare in your forest, join me in this protest. Keep your Unicorn and Frostfang out of their habitats by putting them on strike in the Breeding Garden, where TeamLava has maliciously polluted the Gem-Nature breeding pool.

Post a pic here of your Gem-Water breeding and email it to Support@TeamLava.com with a demand for a fair solution to their ultra-rarity problem.

Don't be discouraged, friends. Some day, there may be an ultra-rare Gem-Water hybrid. And even a pack of rabid Frostfangs won't discourage you from breeding it.

I'll be switching to Unicorn-Skyger for my ongoing protest. I had forgotten all about the Dark element. The longer fail time and higher earnings sacrificed would send a stronger message.

flowless
08-26-14, 11:19 AM
I wish players wouldnt post there good advices or good glitches
Cuz apparently TL search for those to fix

It's like a punishment here

Iam just glad I saw this thread before buying any gems for the habits
Got excited and forgot how it was before in other TL games

Keep up the good work TL
U certainly have good games here
But u don't do well when it comes to keeping your customizes happy and coming for more

No one want to spend money on a game that makes it furstrating to play without spending most of the time
Only happy players would spend more

sanya87
08-27-14, 07:18 AM
Exactly, i dont see how an angry and dissapointed player will be ready to spend money on this or any other game. They think that with putting this kind of trap people will say, oh well what the heck, i will buy some gems to speed up those endless fails, doesnt matter that a lot of other players got their (even multiples) dragon without so much effort and frustration. I was ready to give this game a chance and support it by buying some gems too, but now after this slap in our face i will certainly not do it. At least untill they decide to treat equally all their customers and correct THEIR mistakes.

[S8] Regina
08-28-14, 04:44 PM
The breeding time has been changed to 1 hour!

JeannesThinkin
08-28-14, 06:48 PM
Regina;957135']The breeding time has been changed to 1 hour!

Yippee? 1 hour is still alot. Change it back to 20 seconds, and you wouldn't have to waste your time reading our useless begging. AND WE, CONSUMERS, WILL PAY MORE. It's like we are the boss. You are the employees (We can't fire you). Even TL's real boss (A guy named Stormie???), is an employee. If you upset the bosses, we fire you (We leave), and TL will be no more. It's that simple.

You could lower the chances for a Ruby (Serpant? Ogopogo? Nessie?) by putting a deliberate time bug (Some whiners might not be happy, but it IS fair for ALL players). BUT NOT on something lucky players already have!

OR

Give all of your current players an Emerald, and remove any post about 100 20 second fails and make it seem like everybody had the 5hr fails for the Emerald. So you can scam the money out of newer players. (SARCASM!)

Before you staff start saying I am just unlucky for starting late. I am not late. I am one of the first non beta players. And probably the oldest (in Gameplay days) player not to have a Unicorn.

I was thinking on buying an apple gift card to use on TL games, with the little money students have, but unless you change it back, you can kiss that gift card good bye

chalupa2030
08-28-14, 06:50 PM

Is this a good thing?

infinitelove19
08-29-14, 03:33 AM

Users BEWARE. It may be 1 HOUR to breed, but it takes FIVE gems to speed through! I am so sick of this!

Reprehensible.

On Friday I was blindsided.
Today I feel positively swindled.

Way to go from bad to worse, TL. Not a happy customer... more like a former customer.

JeannesThinkin
08-29-14, 06:57 AM
Users BEWARE. It may be 1 HOUR to breed, but it takes FIVE gems to speed through! I am so sick of this!

Reprehensible.

On Friday I was blindsided.
Today I feel positively swindled.

Way to go from bad to worse, TL. Not a happy customer... more like a former customer.

Although that is awful, I wouldn't know, because I don't have a UNICORN... >:<

If we don't fight for this game, it will also be a former game. I think great things can come out of this game, but TL is getting greedy. Have they ever even taken Business Ed? Unhappy customers=No customers.

Why not 20 seconds to breed, 5 gems to speed??? 50/50? Gem Traps are better than Gem Milking? No funny business one TL's side ie, screensize Speed up button?

infinitelove19
09-05-14, 04:13 AM

So when is it changing back to 20 seconds???

This is such a pain & unfair, as previously stated ad nauseum. I just want the opportunity to breed ONE Emerald with the same parameters as everybdy who got lucky early on with their unicorn had. AND those who have yet to breed a unicorn should also have the same opportunity whenever they DO get their unicorn.

What good is maintaining the rarity of the Emerald if you completely alienate and drive away your customers???
No good, that's what.