PDA

View Full Version : Decorations too large!

EBJW
08-22-14, 12:43 AM
I know it has said before, but since we are overwhelmed by decorations lately....:

Why are lots of decorations so large....? I love a lot of them, but for instance the faerie flowers: I wanted to place them but 2x2 tiles, that really is too much... In my opinion 1 tile would have been enough. And the latest World Event-prizes, the sundial: 3x3....?! No way I can put that in my kingdom!
Of course, I can stack everything, but the thing is I want to walk through my kingdom, see all the lovely (older) things and buildings and...
There is so much in my inventory/the market I would love to place, but I simply can't:

we don't have space . . . . ! ! !

Please !!! make future decorations smaller, taking 1 tile....

millsabode
08-22-14, 08:14 AM
I agree. these decorations and the flowers are far too big and look silly in our kingdoms. We need a Giant Kingdom we can travel to (like the frozen Kingdom in Dragon Story) where these decorations would not be out of place. Better still, they will go into storage, they just do not belong in our Kingdoms����

brdwybaby
08-24-14, 09:32 PM
A sundial that's bigger than our workshops, kitchens, houses... Yeah, that makes sense. The proportions have been completely off for well over a year. Things keep getting bigger and bigger, and we can't even expand to make room. I don't know why ALL EXPANSION SPACES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO UNLOCK WHEN WE'RE READY. I mean, the space is there. UNLOCK IT. I've put most of the new decor in storage. Especially with the lack of detail and design lately. They've lost the reason a lot of us originally fell in love with he game... High quality graphics. Now it's all slimy looking. The new decor is hideous.

HistoryGirl7
08-25-14, 02:43 AM
I don't usually chime in but I will on this...I am not happy with how large these are...looks like something from another game and doesn't match CS at sll

Liloze
08-25-14, 07:44 AM
Agree, agree, agree, and agree!

jimboser
08-25-14, 09:36 AM
The designers seem to have thrown out all sense of proportion. Agree that this has been going on for about a year.

I think the original grid design kinda backed them into a corner, I think the grid really should have been a bit smaller than what we have, but it's likely we will never see this fixed.

Maybe if there is a Castle Story 2, a lot of things could be done better. Until then, big clunky decorations go to storage.

eicyarg
08-25-14, 12:06 PM
Too much energy expended to get these hideous decorations.

jptheripper
08-25-14, 03:35 PM
eicyarg i didnt realize someone required you to do it

tentalen
08-26-14, 05:48 AM
Agreed to all of the above

CottageRose
08-27-14, 03:14 PM
I am sad about the sundial being so out of scale. I really wanted to put it in my garden, but the monstrous size was simply unworkable. Almost all of the recent decorations have been stuffed into storage, along with the tea party as big as a house and the pyre tent bigger than my castle.

The only useable decorations this summer was the fairy tiles. Although I will admit to leaving the colossal fire fairy statue deep in the woods, where it seems oddly comfortable watching over my Glimmergate. ;)

cghost2
08-28-14, 12:46 AM
Sigh, I can hardly put any decorations that are 3x3 size, even not 2x2 size unless I really like it. The new community event decorations are ridiculous huge!!

Liloze
08-28-14, 07:24 AM
I Got by with the Sundial but the last community prize is simply HUGE! It is instorage now!

hagypagy
09-14-14, 07:12 AM
I have to agree! why are some of the new items so big?!?! they are cool items but have all ended up in storage because they just don't fit with the rest of the kingdom ... the only thing that seemed to be the correct size was the fire faerie statue - which i didnt even get =/
and flowers as big as a house... wtf?! flowers should all be the same size, and not as big as a house...
who's job is it to sign off on this stuff? of course the designers will want their beautiful designs to be large, but whoever is managing them needs to pick up their game and look at game cohesiveness/continuity
please make sure future items are in the correct scale... it's probably too late to fix the current items that are out of proportion =/