PDA

View Full Version : Norman, Rules need to change in contests

Unregistered
01-26-11, 08:25 PM
Norman, I really think you need to change the wording of the rules for the weekly contests. There are many members double, and even triple posting their bakeries/restaurants/farms, etc. In a past post you said that duplicate posts would not be counted, but it is getting worse, and there are particular people doing it every week. Can you please add that you can only post once in the rules so that this can be cleared up.
Thanks

Unregistered
01-26-11, 09:28 PM
Yes, I absolutely agree. Norman, please address the rules on double posting in every weeks thread. If you go take a look at the Restaurant Story one, for some odd reason, there has been a higher rate of double/triple posting this week. The last couple of pages are from the same consecutive people -.-

Unregistered
01-26-11, 09:34 PM
I agree. I just went through one of the contests and checked it out for myself. There were 93 entries over 10 pages, and of them there were only 50 that were original entries. The other 43 entries were duplicates. One player has even put 5 entries. If we are only allowed 1 entry, then the rules should CLEARLY state that. Norman said himself that duplicates are ignored, so why not say so in the rules, and put a stop to duplicates.

Unregistered
01-26-11, 09:36 PM
Yes, I absolutely agree. Norman, please address the rules on double posting in every weeks thread. If you go take a look at the Restaurant Story one, for some odd reason, there has been a higher rate of double/triple posting this week. The last couple of pages are from the same consecutive people -.-

Yes, the last 2 pages only have 1 legit entry (out of 13 entries so far). The rest are duplicates, including that one that has 5 entries.

Unregistered
01-26-11, 10:50 PM
I feel bad for those who are left out of the weekly contests simply because they don't know how to post a picture onto here. Well, here are the instructions. Feel free to link this thread to anyone who's having trouble!

* Skip to step 4 if you have your picture saved onto your computer already*
1. Snap a picture of your restaurant and choose "Save To Photos". (There should be a camera icon near the top right of your game screen)

2. Go to your iPod's home screen and then Photos

3. You should the find the picture in your "saved photos". Go to that photo and tap the little arrow curving to the right (Bottom left)

http://img37.imagefra.me/i51m/cityerror/js2q_e67_uc29m.jpg

Then hit "email photo". Email the photo to yourself and then from your computer browser, save it to your comp.

4. Upload your picture onto a picture hosting website. Here's one you could use (no registration required):

http://tinypic.com/

After you have uploaded, copy the link that is in the Direct Link for Layouts box. Head on over to the contest thread and paste that link down.

To insure that your picture will show up, add these as a prefix/suffix to the link:

So it should actually look like this while you're editing
http://i56.tinypic.com/ajlab5.jpg

TIP: To save yourself another job, keep your link in handy somewhere on your computer so you don't have to re-upload for the next contest!

ENJOY.

Unregistered
01-26-11, 10:51 PM
OMGSH. Im sorry so about tht! Wrong thread -.-

Please delete norman.

Unregistered
01-26-11, 10:59 PM

and I think someones cloning these posts on purpose because my picture is part of that duplicating too!! (ID: cityerror) Look how close the timing is between each of them. They're only like a minute apart, obviously someone else who has too much time on their hands is duplicating these posts for us.

Unregistered
01-26-11, 11:31 PM
and I think someones cloning these posts on purpose because my picture is part of that duplicating too!! (ID: cityerror) Look how close the timing is between each of them. They're only like a minute apart, obviously someone else who has too much time on their hands is duplicating these posts for us.

I did notice that there are a few that are all in order. There are 5 in particular that are posted 3 times, all in the same order, and yes, yours is in there. So maybe there is something else going on there.

Norman we need to get this checked out!!!!

Unregistered
01-27-11, 07:50 PM
Bump
Bump

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:44 AM
Norman, maybe you can add another rule in your rule book, : "Any player who posted more then once onto the event will be automatically disqualifies."

The best is, if you happen to "caught" one of these "*****er" as one of your winner, you can post it up and note that this player is disqualified as he/she posted more then once ......... then go ahead and chose another winner. That will be fun to see and a good lesson for those who don't play fairly.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 07:27 AM
Norman, maybe you can add another rule in your rule book, : "Any player who posted more then once onto the event will be automatically disqualifies."

The best is, if you happen to "caught" one of these "*****er" as one of your winner, you can post it up and note that this player is disqualified as he/she posted more then once ......... then go ahead and chose another winner. That will be fun to see and a good lesson for those who don't play fairly.

Would that be fair.. if someone is disqualified because SOMEONE ELSE duplicated their own post? Which is very easy to do.

The only way to stop this is to ENABLE REGISTRATION in the forum.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 02:31 PM
Would that be fair.. if someone is disqualified because SOMEONE ELSE duplicated their own post? Which is very easy to do.

The only way to stop this is to ENABLE REGISTRATION in the forum.

That's a +1 :)

Unregistered
01-28-11, 02:57 PM
Someone reposted my thread in this week's forum contest :(

Unregistered
01-31-11, 09:41 PM
I was just looking at all the bakeries of the week and saw mine was double posted! I did NOT post it twice! Why would it happen? I don't want to be disqualified! I looked, but see no "delete post" option. Can I delete one of them??? Thanks in advance!!!

sweet_dreams

Unregistered
02-01-11, 03:17 PM
Can someone please tell me where the winners of these contests are announced.

Thanks

Unregistered
02-01-11, 05:01 PM
Can someone please tell me where the winners of these contests are announced.

Thanks

They are posted at the end of each contest thread.

Unregistered
02-02-11, 07:35 AM
Yeah, Norman!! It's not fair when people enter their picture more than once!! They'll get a better chance of winning!! So please either take out the duplicates or and I repeat what the others said, just say that u can only enter in one picture a week!!! Fair? This solution is!!!

Unregistered
02-02-11, 07:38 AM
Disqualification is fine 2, but if they did it by accident, then just take one of the duplicates out!!! Thanks!!!

Unregistered
02-02-11, 02:54 PM
Yeah, Norman!! It's not fair when people enter their picture more than once!! They'll get a better chance of winning!! So please either take out the duplicates or and I repeat what the others said, just say that u can only enter in one picture a week!!! Fair? This solution is!!!

Disqualification is fine 2, but if they did it by accident, then just take one of the duplicates out!!! Thanks!!!

Ok, Norman has said in another thread that duplicate posts ARE NOT COUNTED, so they dont have a better chance of winning. He has also said that the reason they dont have a disqualification rule is because it wouldn't actually be fair. Last week someone copied and posted a whole heap of entries in one of the competitions. Would it be fair to disqualify those people? It wasn't them that posted a second or third entry, it was someone else. They might have been doing it hoping to have those entries disqualified in an attempt to increase their own chances of winning. So only the first entry is counted. Think about it, I could copy and paste every entry in the contests except for mine. If TL had a disqualification policy it would mean that all of those entries, except for mine, would be disqualified, making me the winner. Does that make sense now?

Unregistered
02-02-11, 03:54 PM
Ok, Norman has said in another thread that duplicate posts ARE NOT COUNTED, so they dont have a better chance of winning. He has also said that the reason they dont have a disqualification rule is because it wouldn't actually be fair. Last week someone copied and posted a whole heap of entries in one of the competitions. Would it be fair to disqualify those people? It wasn't them that posted a second or third entry, it was someone else. They might have been doing it hoping to have those entries disqualified in an attempt to increase their own chances of winning. So only the first entry is counted. Think about it, I could copy and paste every entry in the contests except for mine. If TL had a disqualification policy it would mean that all of those entries, except for mine, would be disqualified, making me the winner. Does that make sense now?

I agree!!! just count the first entry that someones post. My was duplicated also.