PDA

View Full Version : Answered Battle Arena: Dragon Switching

amerirish
08-21-14, 12:43 PM
Twice now I've had different opponents in the ring than were shown on the battle arena screen.

For example: I just went to battle a Sasquatch 12 so I selected my champion to fight. When I hit "battle" I was facing a Pterodactyl 12 instead.

About a week ago it happened where I was supposed to be fighting a rare or super rare opponent (can't remember which) but when I got in the ring, it was a common Magic dragon.

I won one and lost another so it all evened out I guess, but this should be looked into.

Thanks

Meowmeowbeans
08-21-14, 02:07 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this! We took a look at the Battle Arena and everything is operating properly, so we'd like to get more information from you so we can investigate this issue.

Can you let us know which of your Dragons you used to battle when you experienced the issue? Has this issue ever occurred in a Tournament? Do you remember the Dragon it initially showed you were battling when you first experienced this issue?

amerirish
08-22-14, 08:09 AM
The first time it happened, it showed me a rare or super dragon that I think was yellow. I really don't remember which one it was, I'm sorry. That was the battle that I lost. The second time (yesterday) I beat the Pterodactyl.

Both times it happened, I was using Epic Black Knight. It did not happen in a tournament either time, just in regular battles.

amerirish
09-22-14, 07:00 PM
This just happened again! I was set to fight Laserlight 10 but got Olympus instead! Sorry that I didn't get his level, Aether 10 beat him fast. What the heck?

kooky panda
09-23-14, 08:17 AM
Since this is happening again, I will let Meowmeowbeans know.

amerirish
09-23-14, 08:39 AM
Since this is happening again, I will let Meowmeowbeans know.

Thanks kooky - I did send a PM to Meowmeowbeans {btw, best name ever! lol}.

I just wonder if anyone else is having this experience?

Meowmeowbeans
09-23-14, 10:19 AM
This just happened again! I was set to fight Laserlight 10 but got Olympus instead! Sorry that I didn't get his level, Aether 10 beat him fast. What the heck?

I'm sorry to hear this happened again!! :(

We haven't yet been able to reproduce this issue, but we are still investigating. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

amerirish
10-24-14, 10:06 AM
Just happened again; sorry I didn't get a screen shot. I was supposed to be fighting a Lightning 13 but got a Double Rainbow 11 instead. He beat my Epic Avenging, btw.

ETA: Got Double Rainbow 11 again since I lost against him last time.

jim23cash
10-24-14, 01:33 PM
I've had it happen at least twice in the past, but not recently. My arena has always done wonky things on my iPhone 4. I'm usually using an iPad mini now. It's wonky on everything but the arena. :D

JustKay
10-26-14, 05:34 AM
I have had this happen to me several times in the past. It works for the most part, but it usually happens if I have the game open for a while and come back, then the opponent selection screen will have a certain opponent, but the the game must reconnect or re-sync so that it actually picks a different opponent for when you enter the battle.

More recently I've gotten good at guessing when the game does this (slight pause or jerky UI) and just exit the opponent selection screen. When I go back it, the game has updated and I can see who my true opponent is :)

I've also noticed that more recently, it seems like the game does more processing at the dragon selection screen. It's like it determines the battle outcomes then instead of during the actual arena sequences. Maybe the issue is fixed in the latest version by using a different process behind the arena? Have u tried updating to the latest version?

amerirish
10-27-14, 07:20 AM
Hi JustKay; yeah I'm definitely using the latest update. This is such a weird bug, I didn't know it was happening to other people too. Maybe they'll fix it in the next update.

Jnny2good
10-28-14, 02:01 PM
It happened to me once, just before a tournament began. The next hour the tournament started. I put it down to the fact that the tourney was nascent.

Meowmeowbeans
10-30-14, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the additional information, everyone. We'd recommend closing out the game before entering the Battle Arena if you've left your game open on your device for a bit and are returning to it - closing the game and re-opening it should prevent you from facing a mystery Dragon. :) Hope this helps!