PDA

View Full Version : Mines and Deep Mines

PurpleScorpion76
08-21-14, 09:46 AM
Are they supposed to increase drops ie the amounts of items or just decrease collection time?

roguebee
08-21-14, 09:50 AM
Just decrease collection time.

zenobia42
08-21-14, 10:06 AM
Just decrease collection time.

which is a bummer IMO. Especially with the deep mines. To make and use 14 ornate beams, 14 ornate blocks, 2 architect's pastes, 9 magic cements, 10 mithril, 2 adamant, and 350,000 coins to get a deep mine from level 1 to 5 means collection time is decreased from 10 hours to 8. Meaning unless your timing is PERFECT (you collect as soon as you wake up, exactly 8 hours later, and don't put your game down and sleep until one last collection 16 hours after waking), which for most of us is not feasible, that means ALL those upgrades mean you STILL collect exactly twice a day. You get NOTHING for it. If all those upgrades reduced collection time to something like 6 hours, THEN you'd get 3 a day instead of 2 from each upgraded mine. But as it is, it is just a HUGE waste of tons and tons of resources and tons and tons of time to upgrade the deep mines.

PurpleScorpion76
08-21-14, 10:10 AM
which is a bummer IMO. Especially with the deep mines. To make and use 14 ornate beams, 14 ornate blocks, 2 architect's pastes, 9 magic cements, 10 mithril, 2 adamant, and 350,000 coins to get a deep mine from level 1 to 5 means collection time is decreased from 10 hours to 8. Meaning unless your timing is PERFECT (you collect as soon as you wake up, exactly 8 hours later, and don't put your game down and sleep until one last collection 16 hours after waking), which for most of us is not feasible, that means ALL those upgrades mean you STILL collect exactly twice a day. You get NOTHING for it. If all those upgrades reduced collection time to something like 6 hours, THEN you'd get 3 a day instead of 2 from each upgraded mine. But as it is, it is just a HUGE waste of tons and tons of resources and tons and tons of time to upgrade the deep mines.

Wow I wasn't expecting it to be that useless. Thanks think I'll upgrade only when I have to but start building supplies now. Seems the timing could have been better.

mcsyndrome
08-23-14, 04:59 AM
Keep in mind that there is a quest (which you will reach at about level 40) that will require a level 5 deep mine. I leveled up one of my deep mines in advance for that sole purpose. I'm happy to keep my other deep mine unleveled.

ShibuyaCloth
08-23-14, 05:22 AM
If you are a high level player with an overflow of resources you can update. Moreover, as I usually sleep <7 hours a night, I have a benefit in collecting 3x a day.

roguebee
08-23-14, 07:39 AM
When I realized I needed a level 5 Deep Mine to finish a quest I had just started, it was a mad race to upgrade it in time so that I wasn't stopped dead in my tracks. Since then, from time to time, I would acquire one of the supplies needed on an adventure. After enough piled up, I would craft the remaining I needed, making the final supplies overnight so not to tie up my crafting buildings during the day. Slowly, I've gotten the second Deep Mine up to level 4. That's now my personal quest to finish and get it to level 5.

zenobia42
08-24-14, 08:35 AM
I am working on upgrading mine. Actually I just got one from level 1 to 2. I will not bother to upgrade the other. But it annoys me that ALL those resources and ALL that crafting (when there are things I can use all those resources for that actually help me in one way or another), will do nothing for me other than satisfy a quest part. I finally got a dragon yesterday, so my main story line quest can finally move forward again once he grows up and drops 10 scales for me. So the deep mine leveling begins alongside leveling things that actually do something for me.

forkyfork99
08-24-14, 10:17 AM
Because upgrading the deep mine to level 5required for one of the quests to move the main storyline along, and because I didn't want to use so many resources, I paid the 25 gems just to skip it. I wish they rewarded you for each level you upgraded it OR upgrading it provided some significant advantage. Honestly, it just wasn't worth the hassle to me. 25 gems is chump change, especially when I consider how much I've lost in gem traps on way dumber things.

zenobia42
08-24-14, 02:55 PM
Because upgrading the deep mine to level 5required for one of the quests to move the main storyline along, and because I didn't want to use so many resources, I paid the 25 gems just to skip it. I wish they rewarded you for each level you upgraded it OR upgrading it provided some significant advantage. Honestly, it just wasn't worth the hassle to me. 25 gems is chump change, especially when I consider how much I've lost in gem traps on way dumber things.

Hey, THANKS for letting us know it's only 25 gems to skip. If they ever give a quest to get gems for playing another game again, I'll DEFINITELY choose that option over the headache of upgrading a mine for no other benefit at all.

forkyfork99
08-25-14, 01:13 PM
Hey, THANKS for letting us know it's only 25 gems to skip. If they ever give a quest to get gems for playing another game again, I'll DEFINITELY choose that option over the headache of upgrading a mine for no other benefit at all.

No problem. It was 25 gems when I skipped it. Hopefully it stays that way!

Those magic cements are just too intense for me. No fun just grinding :(