PDA

View Full Version : Swampy Pond... does it scare away the Boars?

markusdlv
08-21-14, 08:39 AM
I stopped playing for a while so I am now catching up on quests. One of my prime source of Sun Stones is defeating boars. The description of the Swampy says something about scaring away the boars. This might indicate that actually building it decreases the amount of boars a LOT. Would it therefore be advisable to wait with placing the Swampy pond or is there no decrease in the amount of boars after placing the pond?

Right now I have a boar when collecting from the sparkling mine, the wells and the glimmerdust trove almost all the time and I don't want to waste it....

zenobia42
08-21-14, 09:48 AM
I have had my swampy pond placed in my queendom since I got it. And I still get a LOT of dire boars.

As for dire boars as a source of sun stones, IMO, harvesting quick crops like wheat and tomatoes, as well as flowers and to a lesser extent chopping down trees... triggering skunkupines instead of dire boars is the more energy efficient way to go about it. A dire boar typically causes me to LOSE about 4 energy net. A skunkupine I lose at most 1 energy, usually break even, and GAIN one energy net as often as I lose 1. And in my experience, both skunkupines and boars drop stones at the same rate, 1-3 per drop. Same goes for fangbeasts - net of -1 to 1, and they love my livestock. Sometimes I get a dire boar from my harvest or livestock, but I try to get a skunkupine or fangbeast and get them a lot that way.

fluffybutter007
08-21-14, 09:56 AM
Although I still get boars, the amount that pop up now is very reduced compared to how many I used to get before I got my swampy pond.

PurpleScorpion76
08-21-14, 10:05 AM
I stopped playing for a while so I am now catching up on quests. One of my prime source of Sun Stones is defeating boars. The description of the Swampy says something about scaring away the boars. This might indicate that actually building it decreases the amount of boars a LOT. Would it therefore be advisable to wait with placing the Swampy pond or is there no decrease in the amount of boars after placing the pond?

Right now I have a boar when collecting from the sparkling mine, the wells and the glimmerdust trove almost all the time and I don't want to waste it....

I utilised the boars in the last timed quest. Use this time well. You'll need boar tusks etc for future tasks so max out on them. As soon as the timed quest was over I put in the swampy pond. Yes you'd boars will significantly decrease.