PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 1.2.3 Update - New Icon

kooky panda
08-20-14, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, there is a new castle update available in iTunes!
Along with bug fixes we have a new icon.

Please leave your feedback on the new icon here!

Fixes/Changes:

Experiencing lag when visiting neighbors
Percentage towards Community Prizes stuck at 1%
Midsummer Pyre Event icon showing up at bottom right instead of upper right side of game for some players

tuskmage
08-20-14, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the notice Kooky :) I can't wait to change that Icon :p

matchbox222
08-20-14, 07:59 PM
It looks very...colourful? This is gonna grow on the girls but I guess the boys will just have to live with it :p

tuskmage
08-20-14, 08:06 PM
It looks very...colourful? This is gonna grow on the girls but I guess the boys will just have to live with it :p

Yay! much better. But how do we get that alicorn without the love sack? Why don't TL just use Sir Pigglesworth as the Icon, we all love him right?

Queenzod
08-20-14, 08:23 PM
The horse is very MANLY in a girly way. ;)

Looks fine to me.

fluffybutter007
08-20-14, 08:25 PM
Like I posted in the other thread, it might not be the original castle icon but I can live with this change. What a difference changing the colors and design on the alicorn can make. Thank you TL for listening! :)

labsandboxers
08-20-14, 08:36 PM
From a guys point of view, it's cute but the castle should be more prominent. Been playing since the beginning. I probably wouldn't have checked out this game that I love if this would have been the original app. It should be more reflective of the games name, not of a happen chance creature. I do have 4 alicorns if you see my kingdom, 2 purchased, 2 crafted. Would love 3 more wings to go with my horns. That will be many more months down the road if ever.

iAyun
08-20-14, 08:49 PM

Thank you!! The new icon is better.. But not the best.. :p

Do you kindly tell us the decision about why preserve the alicorn in there?

Do you have list of bug which already fixed?
Previously, the app always crash when I open it.
I must store almost all decorations and unused buildings in order to play.
Previously my RP above 6000, currently around 3000...

ginrae22
08-20-14, 09:09 PM
Well before the alicorn icon changed it looked kind of like a little girls princess fantasy game which a lot of us had some qualms about but now it for sure looks more manly. Now it sort of looks like a macho alicorn that can kick some you know what ! Or battle. However you see it. And I noticed there was perhaps a purple horn before and now I think it's blue. Color can have a very big impact! I think it will deter less people now but it is an interesting choice for the main icon.

Betsy0923
08-20-14, 09:16 PM
Thanks for listening to our pleads to change the icon - much better I just updated and noticed I got an extra 100 energy. THANK YOU!!!

DrP4ever
08-20-14, 09:35 PM
It's better but I never would have downloaded it with this icon. Like the castle, this not so much!

PikaSquirrel
08-20-14, 10:30 PM
Thank you!! The new icon is better.. But not the best.. :p

Do you kindly tell us the decision about why preserve the alicorn in there?

Do you have list of bug which already fixed?
Previously, the app always crash when I open it.
I must store almost all decorations and unused buildings in order to play.
Previously my RP above 6000, currently around 3000...

I added a list of fixes that went out with this update in Kooky Panda's first post. Looks like you're on an older device and that's why you are experiencing these crashes. In addition to storing some of your items, you can also force close all other apps running in the background of your device to improve your game performance.

PurpleScorpion76
08-21-14, 12:03 AM
Thanks for listening to our pleads to change the icon - much better I just updated and noticed I got an extra 100 energy. THANK YOU!!!

The 100 energy is that a one off for one person as I haven't received it! Regarding the icon, well done for the change, very impressed you changed it, didn't think you would.

PurpleScorpion76
08-21-14, 01:05 AM
Midsummer Pyre Event icon showing up at bottom right instead of upper right side of game for some players
[/LIST]

Can I confirm the intention was to have everyone see the Pyre Festival logo with Sunstone figure at the bottom for everyone? Well I've always had the logo at the bottom right until this morning it's now upper right?!?

dragoniakingdom
08-21-14, 01:05 AM
The icon is better,thank you.
Still miss the original Castle icon though.:rolleyes:

EBJW
08-21-14, 01:56 AM
The new icon is better, less childish/girliegirlie,

however:

I liked the old icon far out (and I mean FAR OUT)!

This icon still doesn't represent the game in my opinion. Why not the castle in front and the unicorn in the back?
And why a white unicorn, an animal from long, very long ago: lots of players don't have it and will not get it (or will we...?!)?
Why not an animal from the storyline, for instance Sir P. as lots of players have suggested? (this makes me wonder even more what's the strategy behind these icons, I can't help thinking -even more now- it's for competition with other apps/developers...).

If I were an outsider and stumbled across this icon it would not draw my attention, in fact it would (still, just like the previous one) repel me, I would never have uploaded and played it...

NB. Despite my feelings I do appreciate our dislikes have been noticed and led to the changing of the icon! I hope this will continue in future!

PurpleScorpion76
08-21-14, 01:57 AM
Can I confirm the intention was to have everyone see the Pyre Festival logo with Sunstone figure at the bottom for everyone? Well I've always had the logo at the bottom right until this morning it's now upper right?!?

I've just read this completely differently to when I did this morning. Think all is good.

dala12
08-21-14, 02:06 AM
Hoping to get a blue unicorn! I think the icon is more then okay, it is nice!

iAyun
08-21-14, 02:36 AM
I added a list of fixes that went out with this update in Kooky Panda's first post. Looks like you're on an older device and that's why you are experiencing these crashes. In addition to storing some of your items, you can also force close all other apps running in the background of your device to improve your game performance.
Confirmation:
Yes, I am on older device.. :(
Force close all other apps does not help the situation. Store decoration, timed buildings and object do the trick..

BTW, after I update, my Pyre Tent drops brazier again.. Well.. Maybe just a mere coincidence.. :D
Because brazier dropfix is not on the fix list.. :p

ipaddolo
08-21-14, 03:07 AM
the new icon is a lot better, but i agree with ppl saying it doesnt represent the game very well. This new unicorn is nice but he doesnt have the same face as the ones in game .... and in any case i'd rather have a castle instead of a animal.

anyway, thanks to TL for listening to our feedbacks and shooing the pinkyness away :)

PS i also confirm i see the right % on the community stones

brdwybaby
08-21-14, 03:14 AM
The icon is still a copy, but a manly copy. At least there's no more pink pony.

katbtodd
08-21-14, 03:30 AM
The 100 energy is that a one off for one person as I haven't received it! Regarding the icon, well done for the change, very impressed you changed it, didn't think you would.

Thinking her pinkie must of gave it to her,,

judyluvs
08-21-14, 04:36 AM
The Alicorn got a publicity agent? The new icon looks like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron instead of the goofy Alicorns in the game.

mnjcafe
08-21-14, 04:51 AM
The Alicorn got a publicity agent? The new icon looks like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron instead of the goofy Alicorns in the game.

You know how the media is, with its unrealistic representation of equine beauty. Only 6% of alicorns naturally achieve that appearance. The ali model on the icon was clearly photoshopped and airbrushed and color corrected into an unreal state. Coming soon: Dove ads that depict real alicorns, complete with their toothy grins and their dappled skin, and tell us that it's ok to be ourselves. Video expos?s showing the process to get from real alicorn to the image you see on the cover. Twitter hashtags focused on the topic...

catschrodinger
08-21-14, 05:07 AM
You know how the media is, with its unrealistic representation of equine beauty. Only 6% of alicorns naturally achieve that appearance. The ali model on the icon was clearly photoshopped and airbrushed and color corrected into an unreal state. Coming soon: Dove ads that depict real alicorns, complete with their toothy grins and their dappled skin, and tell us that it's ok to be ourselves. Video expos?s showing the process to get from real alicorn to the image you see on the cover. Twitter hashtags focused on the topic...

I logged in expressly to say that I support everything about your brilliant comment. I don't have an alicorn of my own yet, but if I did I wouldn't want him/her to feel she/he had to compete with "cover alicorns" just to be loved. I hear a bad self-image can lead to low alicorn self-esteem and fewer drops. I don't think Team Lava should be perpetuating these unrealistic standards for alicorns, it's not like they live in some fantasy world where everyone looks the same! #realalicornsrealbeauty #itsnothowyoulookitswhatyoudrop

Liloze
08-21-14, 05:41 AM
First thank you TL for listening to our feedback on the icon, it is most appreciated :)
This icon is way WAY better than the pink horror with flowery mane!
But, it is still not representative of the game, I prefer the old Icon by far !
I wonder why TL is so adamant about the animal on the icon. :rolleyes:
Why not Sir Piggleswirth?!
Why not the Castle in front ?
It still looks like another similar game's icon. :p
Yeah well...This new icon will stay in the basement of my ipad.
However, again thanks TL for listening...( maybe with one ear ) lol :D:p

PS. The Sunstone symbol is still in the upper right corner for me, but the % on the community prize is fixed.

eam13
08-21-14, 05:44 AM
Okay, so new icon is weird, but how does one GET an alicorn? Or are those of us without one just out of lick? I have one pink alicorn from the valentines day story this year, but that's it. Oh! Also, will I ever get another dragon egg from the roost?

zoeee87
08-21-14, 05:46 AM
Much better! Thank you!!

Liloze
08-21-14, 05:57 AM
Okay, so new icon is weird, but how does one GET an alicorn? Or are those of us without one just out of lick? I have one pink alicorn from the valentines day story this year, but that's it. Oh! Also, will I ever get another dragon egg from the roost?

Keep collecting from the roost it will drop the egg when you least expect it :)
As for the Alicorn, the only way to get it now is to buy it !

perry5
08-21-14, 06:46 AM
As a vocal opponent of the pink pony icon, just want to say thanks to TL for listening to everyone's feedback & opinions. I know many of us would rather have more of a castle representation, but there were others who liked the unicorn. Life is compromise and I can live with a more manly alicorn, which at least is not a pink pony w/ flowers AND is a creature all players CAN aspire to have (with the help of gems if you don't have a loveshack). Happy Update Thursday everyone!

P.S. Welcome back, Ollie! We missed you! :)

jimboser
08-21-14, 06:54 AM
I'm updating just to get the bug fixes, but as for the design, I still say, neigh.

meme1098
08-21-14, 06:55 AM

I logged in expressly to say that I support everything about your brilliant comment. I don't have an alicorn of my own yet, but if I did I wouldn't want him/her to feel she/he had to compete with "cover alicorns" just to be loved. I hear a bad self-image can lead to low alicorn self-esteem and fewer drops. I don't think Team Lava should be perpetuating these unrealistic standards for alicorns, it's not like they live in some fantasy world where everyone looks the same! #realalicornsrealbeauty #itsnothowyoulookitswhatyoudrop

You guys crack me up! :D

I think someone at TL has an equine obsession.:p

This game is called "Castle Story", right?!??

nessa005
08-21-14, 07:10 AM
Thank you for the new icon, much better! I on the other hand did not get 100 extra energy 😢😪
Nessa

kooky panda
08-21-14, 07:11 AM

Ipod and Iphone users had the logo at the bottom before, now it has moved to the top .

Em_storm
08-21-14, 07:32 AM
I'm updating just to get the bug fixes, but as for the design, I still say, neigh.

Good one. :)

I love this crazy community, lol.

I guess the icon is a compromise, though I would have preferred, oh, I don't know, a castle to represent a kingdom-themed game. At least it's not so childishly girly. Thanks for listening.

starbows
08-21-14, 07:58 AM
Thanks, the percentage towards community prices is working now
I personally liked the original icon more. The new ones are somehow baby-girly like.

The event icon on the upper right ... That's not a very good position. When I harvest sth the message "you cannot get any more ..." overlays the event info (counter for stones and time left). It is just a minor nuisance, but maybe for future events this could be avoided?

room27
08-21-14, 08:27 AM
Thank you for listening and making a change. This icon is better.

Thanks for the good laugh about photoshopped ali's, twitter, etc. got a good laugh.

The icon is an improvement,and clearly TL listened, and it is a compromise, but it doesn't look anything like our alis; our alis have character and gorgeous grins. Also, this game isn't about alicorns. May I say again... this game isn't about alicorns. It's a misrepresentation. Still, better than the other one. It sounds like both genders are at least ok with this one.

Queenzod
08-21-14, 08:55 AM
People, the reason they're pushing the alicorn is because you can't make it anymore if you start now and it's the most expensive object in the game. This isn't rocket science, lol.

forkyfork99
08-21-14, 09:00 AM
Eh, the icon is better, but I'm with others that it doesn't really embody the game. Would have LOVE to have seen Mr. Pigglesworth. He's something you can get, but have to work towards, and he's so gosh darn cute! Who can resist that piglet?

freesiawoods
08-21-14, 09:13 AM
Well I'm not particular about icons but I still very much prefer the original. It has gone from castle game to pretty pony game to unicorn game. The style of the art does not match the game which is classy and detailed, and also the alicorn looks nothing like the one in the game!

Just adding my feedback.

seishy
08-21-14, 09:39 AM
the new icon is a lot better than the one with the pink pony on it. It's less girly and the colors are nicer. Still don't think it's representative of the game itself, though I do like the style of the castle drawing. Maybe if the castle were more prominent? Or maybe an animal more prominent to the story, like sir pigglesworth, or the purple cow....or better yet one of the beast animals like a skunkupine or a glimmer troll.

dragon2046
08-21-14, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the change would've never deleted the game over the icon but this is much better. :)

mariegoodley
08-21-14, 10:48 AM
Yay new icon not as good as the original but better than the my little pony looking icon :)

mcwrapper
08-21-14, 10:49 AM
The icon still has nothing to do with castle story. Thank you for getting rid of the pink.

I still am ashamed of your business ethics.

CottageRose
08-21-14, 11:26 AM
Thank you for updating the icon to something other tha a pink Alicorn, which is no longer available.

Although I still miss my much beloved castle, I can live with this icon - even if it is the cover model version instead of our "real" lovably goofy alicorns.

PikaSquirrel
08-21-14, 11:30 AM
Thank you for the new icon, much better! I on the other hand did not get 100 extra energy 😢😪
Nessa

There was no 100 Energy reward with this update.

glimmergate
08-21-14, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, as before, we are listening. Thank you!

MissBeeCharmer
08-21-14, 12:45 PM

Scratch ALL the My Little Pony icons!

If I was looking for a game to play today, since I am an adult, I would never choose a game with the blue or pink My Little Pony icon. And this really is an adult game because you have to coordinate so many different actions to achieve the best results in the least amount of time.

The game is called Castle Story & it's confounding why TL thinks it needs to portray it as something akin to My Little Pony.

If they used the naked Thurston image on the logo, I bet that would get LOTS of new players!!!

amerirish
08-21-14, 12:58 PM
Ummm, just wanted to point out that the counter for the 2nd community prize says:

"100%
1,151,756 needed for next prize"

The prize is not in my storage so I'm guessing the 100% total is the incorrect part.

brandonu
08-21-14, 01:20 PM
Keep collecting from the roost it will drop the egg when you least expect it :)

And then you will be waiting for a burning ember, unless you already have one ; )

brandonu
08-21-14, 01:22 PM
Ummm, just wanted to point out that the counter for the 2nd community prize says:

"100%
1,151,756 needed for next prize"

The prize is not in my storage so I'm guessing the 100% total is the incorrect part.

It's a rounding bug. Probably not even worth addressing at this point.

You will receive the 2nd prize once the requirement is met (484,017 left, at the moment).

dragonstem
08-21-14, 01:39 PM
Still can't play ...grrrr
I've deleted and restarted about 5 times , game won't even open up for me
Why ? Please advise what to try next

ipaddolo
08-21-14, 03:25 PM
well if TL wants to go with a animal as icon, i support:
- Sir Pigglesworth
- a Skunkupine
- one of the Dragons
- the REAL alicorn we have in game

but i think we should REALLY REALLY get a castle in the icon, not any animal. The old icon was just perfect; but if TL want to change it how about Greselda's Castle? *evil grin*

sulu43
08-21-14, 03:29 PM
It's an improvement. But I would still like to have the castle back. I do like the castle in the background. Maybe sir piggie could replace the pony?

meme1098
08-21-14, 04:29 PM

Have you force closed all apps, cleared the cache (settings, safari, clear cookies & data) then reinstalled the game? Make sure it's the newest version 1.2.3

What device are you playing on?

jim23cash
08-21-14, 04:43 PM
Thanks for changing the icon, and hearing us. You folks really are the best at being responsive to what we want.
I don't think the icon should be a unicorn/alicorn, but this one is much better.
Thanks again! ;)

PikaSquirrel
08-21-14, 04:48 PM

If you're on an older device, you may experience these force closes. This game requires a lot of resources to run, try closing out all other apps running in the background of your device. This will free up some resources and help with game performance.

PikaSquirrel
08-21-14, 04:49 PM
This thread is for the update. Please post about the Midsummer Pyre Festival Event in this thread HERE (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71827-Castle-Story-08-07-Update-World-Event-Midsummer-Pyre-Festival). Thanks!

BungoCook
08-21-14, 05:00 PM
Yup a castle for a castle game gets my vote. Plus loved the Thurston idea. Made me giggle out loud that did.

hugpete
08-21-14, 08:01 PM
Hmm.. I didn't get the 100 energy either.

iAyun
08-21-14, 08:03 PM

I guess you need to reinstall.. Not only delete and restart, but also reinstall from App Store..
In my experiment and experience, I always able to open CS after reinstall..
The condition when I open CS for the first time : building and decoration images still load..
Use that condition to store unnecessary decoration, unnused timed buildings, and unnused timed items..
For example: I store tavern, libraries, windmills, watchtowers, lantern spires, chateau, cathedral, theater, royal manor, observatory, amphitheater, cottages, market place, farmhouses, troves, mushrooms, flowers, etc...

After that huge storing, I able to open CS normally..
If you still unable to open CS normally, you need to store more.. :cool: :p

sandover789
08-21-14, 08:36 PM
Thanks for listening to our pleads to change the icon - much better I just updated and noticed I got an extra 100 energy. THANK YOU!!! May I ask what is that "extra 100 Energys"? cause many people get confused.. so please someone confirm for it? I don't think there is such an extra energy reward with this 1.2.3 update.

EBJW
08-21-14, 10:29 PM
May I ask what is that "extra 100 Energys"? cause many people get confused.. so please someone confirm for it? I don't think there is such an extra energy reward with this 1.2.3 update.

PikaSquirrel already answered #46:
"There was no 100 Energy reward with this update."

So just a very lucky coincidence.I've had it a few times as well, in the past, suddenly extra energy for no reason (lucky in one thing, unlucky in another ;) )

MissBeeCharmer
08-21-14, 10:50 PM
Yup a castle for a castle game gets my vote. Plus loved the Thurston idea. Made me giggle out loud that did.

A castle for a castle game. Oh please hear our plea, TL. You are such a kind & benevolent ruler! And this isn't higher math.

Glad you got a giggle out of the naked Thurston idea. Perhaps make him look a little more like Ryan Gossling? Let's see if we can get a grassroots campaign going!

Squidlish
08-21-14, 10:55 PM

bahaha! I almost spit out my tea laughing at this... :)

Squidlish
08-21-14, 10:57 PM

OMG and this! (the hashtags!) lol :)

Sonflower77
08-22-14, 06:29 AM
Thanks for listening, regarding the game icon. The Alicorn Icon is regal and proud. Much better! I actually liked the original Castle Icon, but the white Alicorn Icon is sooooo much better than the "pink pony" icon.

enaid03
08-22-14, 06:33 AM
I'm happy that the icon changed. My kids are no longer looking to play the pink pony.

But, its still too close to another game. We loved the old icon. You have enough other animal games to use an animal in an icon. I don't want to play unicorn/alicorn story.

djslibra
08-22-14, 10:23 AM
I disliked the pink pony logo and dislike the new one as well. I think TL is having some "branding issues." I find it odd that neither the Twitter (https://twitter.com/CastleStoryApp)nor Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CastleStoryApp)icon have changed from the original.

jimboser
08-22-14, 11:06 AM
Thanks for listening, regarding the game icon. The Alicorn Icon is regal and proud. Much better! I actually liked the original Castle Icon, but the white Alicorn Icon is sooooo much better than the "pink pony" icon.

Except that the animal on the icon bears little resemblance to the alicorns in the game. Looks more like Party Hat Pony to me. The horn is all wrong, face shape all wrong, etc.

dragonstem
08-22-14, 01:49 PM

Yep , I've reinstalled , again and again , I've now stored lots of my lovely buildings
playing on an iPad ( original , before they had numbers )
Can play on my iPhone ( but I'm only on level 8 not 45 !!! )
Sulks off to play Hay Day
Not happy

meme1098
08-22-14, 02:10 PM
You know there's a log in feature. You can play your level 45 game on your iPhone if it works better there.

Here's the post about the log in feature:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

I use it all the time going back & forth between my secondary game that I use for gifts & requests.

BTW...to stay on topic the new icon is okay but this is Castle Story right?

schmookis
08-22-14, 02:52 PM
Has anyone noticed that the CS icon here in the forum is still the old one?????

PikaSquirrel
08-22-14, 03:22 PM
Has anyone noticed that the CS icon here in the forum is still the old one?????

The icons will be updated soon.

Liloze
08-22-14, 03:26 PM
The icons will be updated soon.

No no ! Please leave the old Icon! IT's a wonderful momento of CS ! PLEASE ! :o

jaybay1147
08-22-14, 04:04 PM
I'm scared to show my friends my games now. xD

letf8b
08-22-14, 06:00 PM
It's ok I would have liked the castle and the alicorn and manticore and dragon and a troll, out front like the old one but all the mystical creatures in front. I think that would be for boys/girls men/women. It would be more like the storyline. This one reminds me of my little pony app. I'm just sayin😜

stuffedmounts
08-22-14, 09:54 PM
These new unicorn icons are great if you're a 5 year old little girl. But, they're a bit childish for us adults (or teens for that matter) who play this game. They don't even represent Castle Story in my humble opinion. You may want to redo it again in favor of something with more broad appeal. Icons can be a powerful marketing tool when done right, and I fully believe you can do better. ;)

Draxana
08-22-14, 10:50 PM
These new unicorn icons are great if you're a 5 year old little girl. But, they're a bit childish for us adults (or teens for that matter) who play this game. They don't even represent Castle Story in my humble opinion. You may want to redo it again in favor of something with more broad appeal. Icons can be a powerful marketing tool when done right, and I fully believe you can do better. ;)

My husband and I both play this game and we are in full agreement with your statement here. Well said!

reliquary
08-22-14, 11:16 PM
I was just scrolling thru the App Store adventure game section and barely noticed CS. I was rather surprised that it did not stand out to me. Better than the pink one but it's rather flat and not very dynamic in the branding of the game.

The newer unmentionable ones' icons are so glossy, but when you open the app, they don't have half the content and consistent graphics CS does.

S1Rensong
08-23-14, 03:29 AM
I would assume that the people who have the money to spend on in-game purchases are adults.
So why not make the game's branding appeal to adults?
As for the actual image, it looks like a fantasy pony with an ice cream cone stuck on its head. The game's earlier designs in particular are highly detailed, intricate and imaginative. They've declined recently and the new ones don't move, which is disappointing, but the last couple of icons still don't represent the best of the game's art.

idrispad
08-23-14, 05:09 AM
The new icon is an improvement over the My Little Pony one but it's still awful (in terms of appropriateness for the game) and not a patch on the original.

stuffedmounts
08-23-14, 07:10 AM
Run an icon design contest.. Set a date icons must be submitted by, post them in a poll here, let us vote on which is best, and award the winner 1000 gems or something. Just make sure to add a disclaimer that winning the contest doesn't guarantee the icon will be used in the game (just in case). Also be sure to add into the conditions that the icon must be an original work of art. Could be a fun way to engage your users and we know how much people like voting on things here!

Just a thought...

meme1098
08-23-14, 07:30 AM
I like that idea stuffedmounts. I'm not an artist but would love to see some ideas from other players.

GeckoInBelize
08-23-14, 09:37 AM
It's better than the last one, but what was wrong with the original icon?? The game is CASTLE story, not My Little Pony!

zuma022
08-23-14, 10:16 AM
I hated the pink pony with a passion and I'm happy that it was changed. I don't love this one, but I can definitely live with it and I took it back out of the subfolder where I buried it. I don't think it represents the game very well, but I can live with it for sure.

jimboser
08-23-14, 12:07 PM
I like that idea stuffedmounts. I'm not an artist but would love to see some ideas from other players.

Just be careful not to suggest anything that might offend graphic designers...

I think that a mushroom patch or corn would be more representative than the pony we have now.

Jmcraven
08-23-14, 12:58 PM
The new icon is better than the pink one. I'm just not sure which one of my 6 naturally accumulated alicorns it depicts. I need one more so I can tap one each day of the week!

Wow560
08-24-14, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the new icon. There is a guarantee that the male players will return

jimboser
08-25-14, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the new icon. There is a guarantee that the male players will return

A pony icon is still an embarrassment, and totally not representative of the game. Those that have chosen to delete or hide the icons on their device will probably remain that way.

Liloze
08-25-14, 07:30 AM
A pony icon is still an embarrassment, and totally not representative of the game. Those that have chosen to delete or hide the icons on their device will probably remain that way.

You bet! The Icon is still hidden in a subterranean maze somewhere on my ipad, and it is a pain to try and play CS this way, I now need a map to reach it!
Still definitely not happy with the new icon though it is an improvement, however, it is NOT representative of what the game is about.
IF TL is so insistent on an animal I suggest Sir P. the cute purple cow Violet, Or a Dire Boar for that matter lol :p

Jennerwein1
08-25-14, 01:48 PM
I am glad TL is listening and trying, BUT the new icon is only marginally better than the pony. Now we have a horse with a stumpy horn ( Birth defect? Mutant?, Poachers have tried to cut it off?, Pollution?). As others have stated, please think up an icon representative of this game. This one would look nice for a game about horses ( yeehawww), but I know you guys can do better for CS. One need only look at the older graphics.
Question: what is the blue circle in the lower right corner?

badbunny42
08-25-14, 02:00 PM
I am not a fan, either. I understand TL needing to do something to differentiate from the other game with the same name--and a stronger Google presence. Why not use the alicorn graphic in the game? Neither of the two so far fit the game look at all. So put up that big-muzzled, big-eyed alicorn you already have, TL, and move on.

meme1098
08-25-14, 02:30 PM
I am glad TL is listening and trying, BUT the new icon is only marginally better than the pony. Now we have a horse with a stumpy horn ( Birth defect? Mutant?, Poachers have tried to cut it off?, Pollution?). As others have stated, please think up an icon representative of this game. This one would look nice for a game about horses ( yeehawww), but I know you guys can do better for CS. One need only look at the older graphics.
Question: what is the blue circle in the lower right corner?

That blue circle is Storm 8's icon. If you look in the upper right corner of CS, you'll see it there as well. Tap it and you'll see some of their other games

Jennerwein1
08-25-14, 03:07 PM
That blue circle is Storm 8's icon. If you look in the upper right corner of CS, you'll see it there as well. Tap it and you'll see some of their other games

Thank you. Could not make it out. Tiny. Presbyopic, lol.

reliquary
08-26-14, 09:01 AM
Heya, I was just looking thru my inventory and saw the Adventures Badge

Two smiling, adventuring rulers having a wonderful time running thru the kingdom.

Go look, but wouldn't this be a PERFECT icon......it Sooo represents the game and style.

pamhd1107
08-28-14, 04:58 AM
I'm one of your original players...HAPPY 2nd TL...I'm not a fan of the new icon...looks childish...thx for all of the great updates

jimboser
08-28-14, 06:40 AM

But are any of the continued complaints about the pony icon making an impact there at all? Despite the color change, it's still a horse, and does not represent the game at all. When can we expect some open communication from TL on why the need was felt to change an established icon, what goals you were trying to achieve with this change, and most of all how community involvement can be part of such changes going forward?

jimboser
09-03-14, 06:43 AM

But are any of the continued complaints about the pony icon making an impact there at all? Despite the color change, it's still a horse, and does not represent the game at all. When can we expect some open communication from TL on why the need was felt to change an established icon, what goals you were trying to achieve with this change, and most of all how community involvement can be part of such changes going forward?

Almost a week later, still no response from TL.

moon331
09-03-14, 08:55 AM
The most ironic is that the unicorn in the icon is the most expensive item in the game. It is craftable, but only to the players who played before 2013 Valentine's Day .

fluffybutter007
09-03-14, 09:05 AM
You have to pick your battles. Personally, I loathed the pink pony icon and therefore choose to fight that battle. We now have a white pony/alicorn that isn't repulsive to look at. I do agree, it's not very representative of the game (especially if you started after V-Day '13). However, I'm indifferent to the new icon: not against it, but on the same hand not for it. Yes, I can spend my time fighting it, but I see no need to. I would rather spend my time fighting for a gem confirmation than another icon.

PikaSquirrel
09-03-14, 10:54 AM
We're still listening and going through every feedback you guys are giving us. Please continue to send us feedback on the new icon. Thanks! :)

Storenkaos
09-03-14, 11:20 AM
I very much disliked the pink pony. I dislike the new one. I would prefer some kind of castle picture.

labsandboxers
09-03-14, 03:49 PM
Triple ditto!!!

butterfly_25
09-03-14, 04:47 PM
We're still listening and going through every feedback you guys are giving us. Please continue to send us feedback on the new icon. Thanks! :)

We appreciate that! :)
I was shocked to see the pink pony and was not a fan of it...and I love pink :p
However, the new one is even worse I feel. It is actually 'ugly' to me (so sorry to whoever made it!!). It does not represent the wonderful graphics in the game. I too would prefer a castle as the main focus, like the queens keep perhaps. The original was fine

jimboser
09-04-14, 07:42 AM
We appreciate that! :)
I was shocked to see the pink pony and was not a fan of it...and I love pink :p
However, the new one is even worse I feel. It is actually 'ugly' to me (so sorry to whoever made it!!). It does not represent the wonderful graphics in the game. I too would prefer a castle as the main focus, like the queens keep perhaps. The original was fine

Stepping in again... I'm sure everyone knows I've had nothing but bad things to say about both Pony Story icons. However, I have to object to the comment above.

I actually feel that both icons were very well crafted, beautiful even, and would make a fine graphic for an equestrian themed game. But Castle Story is not such a game, and deserves an appropriately styled icon. It turns my stomach to see Castle Story represented this way.

katbtodd
09-04-14, 07:49 AM
My son-in-law plays this game with his 8 year old daughter... He is a marine and is gone for months on end,, and showing a childish icon does not brother him ... Cuz he playing the game with his daughter , and he is very proud of that, so buck up some of you men,,, and get with the times!!!!!

Rockylandia
09-04-14, 09:38 AM
Eh, better than the icon with the cute pony but like the original icon better. This one seems disconnected from the game to me. Like most people with no Love Shack, I don't have a white alicorn and probably never will. Plus, it doesn't look like a winged alicorn to me but a conventional unicorn. It's a nice enough picture but doesn't really look like the game.

parasurge
09-04-14, 09:48 AM
Stepping in again... I'm sure everyone knows I've had nothing but bad things to say about both Pony Story icons. However, I have to object to the comment above.

I actually feel that both icons were very well crafted, beautiful even, and would make a fine graphic for an equestrian themed game. But Castle Story is not such a game, and deserves an appropriately styled icon. It turns my stomach to see Castle Story represented this way.

Eh, better than the icon with the cute pony but like the original icon better. This one seems disconnected from the game to me. Like most people with no Love Shack, I don't have a white alicorn and probably never will. Plus, it doesn't look like a winged alicorn to me but a conventional unicorn. It's a nice enough picture but doesn't really look like the game.

I agree with you both on this whole heartily.

CuteTali
09-04-14, 10:24 AM
I like the pretty pink unicorn icon with the flowers in her hair. This icon alone is what made me want to even download this game and try it out. The new icon is ugly and I don't like it, the pretty girl unicorn got replaced by a boy one, so I'm not gonna upgrade my version!

brandonu
09-04-14, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't have commented in this thread, but PikaSquirrel asked for feedback so I have changed my mind.

I prefer the original icon as I feel like it is the best representation of the game. However, I would never stop/start playing a game based on the icon. Content is all that matters to me.

Thanks!

nikkimommy2014
09-04-14, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't mind the current icon as much (hated the pink alicorn though and was so glad you guys listened to us and changed it :) ) if you would bring back the quest for the love shack. Even if we could just buy the love shack with gems (kinda like the fortune teller tent) and then get the quest to craft alicorns from that.

reliquary
09-04-14, 11:27 AM
Has there ever been a poll of demographics who play this game?
Does TL really know?
I know it would not include the players who do not make it to the forum, but if you get real gem-y on the game, I'd bet you be here a few times at least.
I read somewhere on the S8 blog that CS leaned towards adult females.
And of course,the market for young tween females is good & growing.....but the question isss....are they gem-y in the long run? And as $spend-y$ as the heavyweights (m/f/other) that lurk/love this forum?

I know I like to pretend I'm an innocent 13 y/o, but lo, I am not.
I don't dig the blue icon...it's flat and doesn't represent the depth and complexities of this game and I play a lot of similar games in the genre .....CS is still my fav.

I know my 14 yo niece would not have the patience/attention span to get past lv. 10 even if given a 20$ gift card....I recently asked her if she liked the icon...she said no, but she doesn't really play these type of games.

CuteTali
09-05-14, 09:16 AM
Has there ever been a poll of demographics who play this game?
Does TL really know?
I know it would not include the players who do not make it to the forum, but if you get real gem-y on the game, I'd bet you be here a few times at least.
I read somewhere on the S8 blog that CS leaned towards adult females.
And of course,the market for young tween females is good & growing.....but the question isss....are they gem-y in the long run? And as $spend-y$ as the heavyweights (m/f/other) that lurk/love this forum?

I know I like to pretend I'm an innocent 13 y/o, but lo, I am not.
I don't dig the blue icon...it's flat and doesn't represent the depth and complexities of this game and I play a lot of similar games in the genre .....CS is still my fav.

I know my 14 yo niece would not have the patience/attention span to get past lv. 10 even if given a 20$ gift card....I recently asked her if she liked the icon...she said no, but she doesn't really play these type of games.

From what I've noticed, most (if not all) TL games are very very much favored to play by adult females, those are also much more prone to splurge on buying gems, as they do for other items they like to spend money on in general. So if they really wanted to make more money steadily, I'd imagine they would focus their designs primarly to keep their adult females in their games.

All the kids that I've seen play these games don't take it as seriously as adults do and for some reason, they all quit sooner or later due to the complexity of some features and how hard it is to earn money. On the contrary, I notice the adult males that play these games are all about stats and how to make the most possible profit/gain from such games, almost as if it was some kind of a race to have the most such or other items/currency.

Teens that play these games come and go, they may play for a couple of months, then quit and come back on and off. They may spend some money on these games here and there, in lower amounts than adult do.

So all in all, I still see adult females as the main target audience for such games, since TL games give great outlet for designing and decorating, qualities than women do admire in games.

MadameCholette
09-05-14, 01:33 PM
I like the blue colour sheme of the new icon. But no unicorn please! Why no use ye olde Icon but less colourfull?

8hat
09-07-14, 10:38 AM
I'm not fussed about an icon but funny, the website still uses the old castle picture in several spaces.

iAyun
09-17-14, 07:17 PM
The old icon is back on 1.2.4 update?
Anyone has already updated?

meme1098
09-17-14, 07:30 PM
It's probably so the app works better with iOS 8 which also was released today. Waiting on both for a few days to see if there'll be any issues published.

Some of the new features look pretty awesome though:

Gabi2111
09-17-14, 08:18 PM
Love the icon change :)

Thanks so much for listening to your players.

Gabi2111
09-17-14, 08:22 PM
It's probably so the app works better with iOS 8 which also was released today. Waiting on both for a few days to see if there'll be any issues published.

Some of the new features look pretty awesome though:

I never ever EVER update my iOS when it comes out. I always wait. Big changes come with big screw ups.
Besides you will need a lot of empty space on your device to install iOS 8. Most people have to delete quite some stuff to be able to update it.

vizbiz11
09-17-14, 11:33 PM
Yay! The castle icon is back! Thank you TL!

EBJW
09-17-14, 11:42 PM
YES! Our castle is back!

me happy! :o

Thanx, TL!

sandover789
09-17-14, 11:58 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!!!!! Thank You TeamLava!!!!!

The Original Catsle Icon Forever!!!!! ;-33333

m1stery
09-18-14, 12:13 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
When I saw update in app store I couldn't believe my eyes! Finally an icon worthy of a Castle Story!
Thank you TL for listening to us! :*

Jir67
09-18-14, 12:59 AM
Yeah!!!!!!!

perry5
09-18-14, 02:22 AM
Thank you, TL, for listening! So happy to have our old icon back!! HAPPY Update Thursday, everyone!!

Em_storm
09-18-14, 02:56 AM
Woohoo!

Bakem0no
09-18-14, 04:22 AM
Hooray! No more Fabio Unicorn!

lisman
09-18-14, 04:59 AM
Yay the old icon is back *makes a happy dance*

msspinkii
09-18-14, 06:33 AM
👑🏰❤️🏰❤️🏰❤️🏰❤️🏰❤️🏰👑L💗VE MY CASTLE‼️😋. Happy update day😋😋😋😋

ewoks1
09-18-14, 06:50 AM
Thank you TL!!!! Thanks for bringing the Castle back!!!

Anyuszko
09-18-14, 07:02 AM
Why so many ppl complaining on this... I liked all icons.

iAyun
09-18-14, 10:36 AM
Aside from icon.. I am curious, what else were fixed by TL?
Does this new version only to create compatible version with IOS 8?
Does this new version able to fix force closed bug? :D

katbtodd
09-18-14, 11:24 AM
Aside from icon.. I am curious, what else were fixed by TL?
Does this new version only to create compatible version with IOS 8?
Does this new version able to fix force closed bug? :D

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73064-Games-Compatible-with-iOS-8

Jennerwein1
09-18-14, 12:10 PM
Fabulous! Thank you!

jimboser
09-18-14, 12:42 PM
I guess all those posts of mine that got deleted paid off. :cool:

Loving the new/old icon! Can't wait to get it installed on my iPad.

Liloze
09-18-14, 01:17 PM
It is Back ;) Thank you TL for listening :D BIG THANK YOU :)
The icon is back, and Castle Story is back to its rightful place, front and center on my ipad home screen. Yaaaay
Happy Thursday update everyone :D

meme1098
09-18-14, 01:19 PM
I guess all those posts of mine that got deleted paid off. :cool:

Loving the new/old icon! Can't wait to get it installed on my iPad.

Thks for your perseverance, jimboser. And thks TL for listening to your players!:D

freesiawoods
09-18-14, 07:38 PM
Hurray! Very pleased!!!

Tip for developers: don't fix what ain't broke;-)

Draxana
09-19-14, 03:48 AM
Yay! The wonderful castle icon is back; thank you, TL! :D

PurpleScorpion76
09-19-14, 03:59 AM
Is the original castle icon back? Doesn't show on mine.

katbtodd
09-19-14, 04:21 AM
Is the original castle icon back? Doesn't show on mine.

Have to go to App Store and down load the up date

triplescream
09-19-14, 05:07 AM
The castle... it's back, it's back, it's really back!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you
I'm doing the happy dance x3 :D :D :D

CuteTali
09-19-14, 07:15 AM
I still think the cute pink unicorn was a lot nicer, but the castle is ok I guess. Nothing special, but at least it's not looking like a boy horse like the brown horse we just had.

PurpleScorpion76
09-19-14, 08:33 AM
Thanks. It's weird it automatically updated on the last two occasions.

dragoniakingdom
09-19-14, 10:00 AM
Thank you so much for returning the Castle icon - what a lovely surprise.

Big thumbs up to TL for listening.:D

zuma022
09-19-14, 06:02 PM
Oh yay! Castle has its icon back!! I can finally take it out from that subfolder I buried it in. Thx for listening

ipaddolo
09-19-14, 10:25 PM
im really happy to have the old icon back. thanks for listening TL

Betsy0923
09-20-14, 09:18 PM
Thank you - what a wonderful surprise to see our castle back! Thanks TL for listening to our feedback. You are the best! Lots of hugs.