PDA

View Full Version : Agnes and letters

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 10:47 AM
I'm really excited to get to this stage on the game but I just read that this needs the valentine edition to trigger the beginning of the quest line.

Can someone tell me if you still get this even if you don't have the valentine edition. I'd be quite disappointed to find out if this is the case another thing is newbies miss out on.

jomykje
08-20-14, 11:34 AM
I do not have the Valentines version and I could sent Agnes her letters, so I think you should be allright!

Anaboe
08-20-14, 11:41 AM
I'm in the middle of sending Agness letters (you need to write her 4 times at least, 3 black inks and 3 parchements, and 1 trinket of 60 silver each time!), and don't have the Valentine Edition either, so don't worry :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 12:58 PM
Ok excellent news! Thank you.

zenobia42
08-20-14, 05:00 PM
I have been researching here in the forum, to try to stay ahead of the game, and I think the order is like this:

First comes the Glimmergate / Greselda quests. There are at least 5 parts to the Greselda quest line (though I have only researched the first 4 parts yet).
The end of Greselda Part 2 requires you have an adamant and 10 dragon scales. So if you have not gotten a dragon egg to drop and completed the quest to be able to hatch that egg, you get stuck here until you do.
Near the end of Greselda part 3, you make her castle. Finishing her castle unlocks the Adamant Alchemy quest line.
During the Adamant Alchemy Quest line, you gain the ability to craft Mythic Essence in the Potion Shop. This triggers the Agnes / Blythewood Sapling quest line.

Some buildings and uncommon resources you need to have at various points for these quests:
Greselda 1.4: Royal Chateau.
Greselda 1.8: 10 mithril, 8 mysterious venom, 8 faeries in jars, 10 manticore whiskers (+ mundane stuff).
Greselda 1.10: Cathedral, Amphitheater, Watchtower.
Greselda 2.1: Theater.
Greselda 2.5&6: craft stuff that requires 4 ornate beams, 4 ornate blocks, 2 magic cement (+ mundane stuff).
Greselda 2.10: new adventure to the Glimmergate, and you need to get 2 rare items from that adventure to proceed (though the little update last week made them easier to get :) )
Greselda 2.11: 1 adamant, 10 dragon scales (+ mundane stuff).
Greselda 3.6: place and build Greselda's castle, requires 5 Ornate Blocks, 3 Magic Cement, 25 Glimmer Shards, 25 Glimmer Fragments.
Greselda 4.1-4.4: visit the tavern a bajillion times. Enough that I will definitely aim to have a second tavern by then!
Greselda 4.5: upgrade a Theater, Jeweler AND Conservatory to level 5.
Adamant Alchemy quest line: 5 golden nuggets, 20 manticore whiskers, 10 dragon scales (+ mundane stuff).
Agnes / Blythewood 1.3: mythic essences that can be pre-crafted, each 20 manticore whiskers, 10 dragon scales, 1 enchanted essence.
Agnes / Blythewood 1.7: 3 more mythic essences.
Agnes / Blythewood 2.2: 2 adamant (+ mundane stuff).
Agnes / Blythewood 2.3: level 5 Deep Mine. [getting a deep mine from level 1 to 5 requires a total of 14 ornate beams, 14 ornate blocks, 2 architect's pastes, 9 magic cements, 10 mithril, 2 adamant, and 350,000 coins]
Agnes / Blythewood 2.9: 2 adamant (+ mundane stuff).
Agnes / Blythewood 2.various: new Deep Sea Adventure, new potion shop craft required for it: Potion of Gills (20 mermaid scales, 20 water, 1 vital extract)... and a LOT of stuff that drops from that adventure required to finish Part 2.
Agnes / Blythewood 2.12: 5 fey crystals (+ mundane stuff).
Agnes / Blythewood 2.13: 2 adamant (+ mundane stuff).
I haven't looked up Agnes / Blythwood Part 3 yet. But it looks like a total of 10 Letters to Agnes for Parts 1&2.