PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Report: 1st Edition (1/26/11)

Mattdiner
01-26-11, 06:27 PM
Tensions are high among many of the TeamLava forum's visitors, upset about the lack of updates that were promised in the game descriptions:

I lost 4 neighbors today. They all have had rotting food for a few days, and today I read messages posted on their walls. Essentially they all said the same thing..."This is not fun anymore, I'm bored...quitting the game."

Now, I can probably replace them, but that's not the point. We still have Christmas decorations and very few plants. Many of us have reached level 4 on most or all of the foods. It IS getting boring. You need to take care of what you already have, TL, instead of churning out more crappy games like Treasure Story, or I am going to be joining my neighbors soon.
Restaurant Story:
"New content will be released EVERY WEEK so the game continually gets even better!"
"-FREE updates with new dishes, decorations, themes and more EVERY WEEK!"
Bakery Story:
"New content will be released EVERY WEEK so the game continually gets even better!"
"-FREE updates with new pastries, decorations, themes and more EVERY WEEK!"
City Story:
"City StoryTM includes FREE updates with new businesses, houses, parks, landmarks and more EVERY WEEK!"
Treasure Story:
"-FREE updates with new maps, treasures, items and more EVERY WEEK!"
Farm Story:
"Farm StoryTM includes FREE updates with new fruits, decorations, animals and more every week!"
"-FREE updates with new fruits, flowers, trees, buildings, decorations, animals and more every week!"
Empire Story:
"Empire StoryTM includes FREE updates with new homes, public buildings, roads, wonders and more EVERY WEEK!"

It seems like people would rather have better quality to the existing games than have new games created. This quote came from a thread about a poll of what TeamLava game people would like to see next:

I want none of the above. I'd rather have a better product in the ones they have -- especially the original, Farm Story -- than more cruddy clones with the same weaknesses as the existing gem-trap drivel.

Hence I will not be voting in your poll.
On an unrelated note, Hotel Story got the most votes by a wide margin. (39 votes out of 117 votes with 10 total options.)

It seems like people wouldn't care if the updates were only a few items, but as long they were every week.

One possibility that there hasn't been much focus on the games lately is a new Valentine's Day version of Bakery Story. This thread was titled Bakery Story: Valentine's Day:

I saw it in the app store. What are the requirements for this. (what version do you need ex. 1.0.4 or what?)

costs 4.99
I approve this claim because I saw it in the app store a moment after this was posted by searching teamlava, but it disappeared a moment later. It said that it was not available when I tapped it.

Despite all of this update controversy, there has been a major update in City Story and a minor update in Treasure Story. In City Story, 27 new contracts are available within the factory and the islands later on in Treasure Story can be revisited for free:

There are 27 new contracts added to the game! Enjoy. :cool:

The community is calling out for required user registration to prevent impersonations and prevent people who create inappropriate posts from doing so again:

Now, I've seen trolls impersonating other users in the forum. That means if a troll post something inappropriate, it (could) mean a wrongful suspension/ban to the REAL user. So please implement user registration.

Thanks!

Congratulations to the recent contest winners!
Island of the Week January 14th - January 21st
Hoila - 50 gems
AngryJim - 50 gems
Bakery of the Week January 14th - January 21st
riverscafe - 50 gems
xlolz - 50 gems
Restaurant of the Week January 14th - January 21st
ahshan - 50 gems
wendy35 - 50 gems
City of the Week January 14th - January 21st
FabulousTown - 50 bills
CindeaJ - 50 bills
Farm of the Week January 14th - January 21st
Dimitri64500 - 50 gems
KitTheCat - 50 gems
Empire of the Week January 14th - January 21st
magicair - 50 gems
MrArny - 50 gems
TeamLava's Scavenger Hunt (Weekdays January 12th, 2011 - January 25th, 2011)
Wednesday, Jan. 12 - FS - Pembroke Corgi - mattdiner - 15
Thursday, Jan. 13 - RS - Cupcakes - geluve - 15
Friday, Jan. 14 - BS - Candy Display - geluve - 15
Monday, Jan. 17 - CS - Classy Hotel - mattdiner - 15
Tuesday, Jan. 18 - TS - Giant Crystal Skull - geluve - 15
Wednesday, Jan. 19 - ES - Statue Fountain - geluve - 15
Thursday, Jan. 20 - RS - Plus Window - kooky panda - 15
Friday, Jan. 21 - BS - Snowflake Table - jackieandjillian - 15
Monday, Jan. 24 - FS - Strawberries - Rosewoods - 15
Tuesday, Jan. 25 - CS - Reflecting Pond - geluve - 15
The scavenger hunt was a slight success, but people think it should be a set time, involving only a single game, or not involving time at all.

You People are so hard to please....
I think this is actually pretty fun.... Although it's really easy if you can just get it from the store... It should be farm only... Agree?

There should be a set time :(
Norman himself said that he would suggest these if there was a scavenger hunt redo.

The people of these forums are grumpy and irritated because they are not having fun anymore. They should be patient for now, and hope for a brighter future.

Comments?

Unregistered
01-26-11, 07:02 PM
Wow u have quite time to do this report do u?? congrats...
im happy with the games, going through six of them almost consume all my free time.. i just hope they dont quit the games any time soon.. and fix the repentinious shut downs in-game pls!!!

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 08:19 AM
Wow u have quite time to do this report do u?? congrats...
im happy with the games, going through six of them almost consume all my free time.. i just hope they dont quit the games any time soon.. and fix the repentinious shut downs in-game pls!!!
I hope your problem will be fixed. Quite a few people have been having the same problem. Who knows what's going on at TeamLava headquarters. Let's just hope that they are working on some big project to make this waiting time worth while...

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 01:27 PM
News about the Valentine's Day Bakery Story seems to be spreading fast.

greenapple
01-27-11, 01:41 PM
i honestly hated city story. didn't bother..

treasure island was OKAY. but i ran out of islands really quick. then what? you can only grow like three things, one of them being gem (instead of coins to cook) only.

or was it four things with one being coin? oh well. i deleted that too

the only thing that keeps me at bakery story and restaurant story is my love for food and decorating, but decorating selection, unless you use gem, is not so much..and i'm not willing to buy gem (esp at that price) if they are not producing more items to bake and more levels.

its not a big deal, but i think if you're going to run a business you should do it well or not do it at all, half assed and leaving your customers hanging is not the way to go.

at least with the plus+ people while they do try to implement more $$ based stuff into the game, they also update consistently so its still fun. people complain about the price for a bit but ultimately will still buy and continue on playing.

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 03:10 PM
i honestly hated city story. didn't bother..

treasure island was OKAY. but i ran out of islands really quick. then what? you can only grow like three things, one of them being gem (instead of coins to cook) only.

or was it four things with one being coin? oh well. i deleted that too

the only thing that keeps me at bakery story and restaurant story is my love for food and decorating, but decorating selection, unless you use gem, is not so much..and i'm not willing to buy gem (esp at that price) if they are not producing more items to bake and more levels.

its not a big deal, but i think if you're going to run a business you should do it well or not do it at all, half assed and leaving your customers hanging is not the way to go.

at least with the plus+ people while they do try to implement more $$ based stuff into the game, they also update consistently so its still fun. people complain about the price for a bit but ultimately will still buy and continue on playing.

I have promised myself to not buy gems because there is some high priced items that a lot of real money alone would be used to buy. I read a comment a while ago where someone suggested to lower the price of gems because it would make more people buy them. When you first read this, you might think that it is just someone complaining about the only way TeamLava makes money again, but when you think about it, it makes sense. Some apps only cost $1 with no in app purchases. With a dollar in TeamLava games, it only gives you fractionally about 5 gems, which can only give you 5 floor tiles. The creators of the $1 apps practically get rich off of them if they are successful. I wouldn't mind if I had to pay $1 to get this game, but the prices of gems are ridiculous.

Restaurant Story and Bakery Story are my favorite TeamLava games, too.

Unregistered
01-27-11, 03:22 PM
I will pay all my gems for an update in farmstory, the mother of all stories, the update wich is promissed in december, the hollidaybox is full with christmas stuff boooooooooooring

Unregistered
01-27-11, 03:56 PM
So, um, do any of you essay writers actually have a job?

Unregistered
01-27-11, 04:08 PM
I'd have to say that MOST players don't even come to these forums. Either they don't know about them, or are too busy. Some, like me, only come rarely because of the decorum of other players. I play all the games. High level player, no complaints. However, just saw on the app store farm flowers is now 4.99. What's with that?

Hope they don't start selling games. I won't pay upfront. I like to try before I buy. As I enjoy, don't have qualms about occasional gem purchases. But I won't buy a game upfront without a free or lite version to try. Sincerely hope they're not heading in that direction or they'll lose more players then they'll make happy IMO.

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 05:15 PM
I'd have to say that MOST players don't even come to these forums. Either they don't know about them, or are too busy. Some, like me, only come rarely because of the decorum of other players. I play all the games. High level player, no complaints. However, just saw on the app store farm flowers is now 4.99. What's with that?

Hope they don't start selling games. I won't pay upfront. I like to try before I buy. As I enjoy, don't have qualms about occasional gem purchases. But I won't buy a game upfront without a free or lite version to try. Sincerely hope they're not heading in that direction or they'll lose more players then they'll make happy IMO.
Apparently that game was released in the summer with new items, but the new items were all eventually released in the regular version of Farm Story.

greenapple
01-27-11, 05:58 PM
hah, yes i have two jobs actually and am going to let one go soon, because of school, so if you'd want actual essays i can show you that too. i don't believe in ignorance, only enlightenment.

it doesn't take much to google forum and bakery story.

and it doesn't take much to reply, esp since i didn't even have to register!

i wish people would stop using stupid comments or try to be offending/insulting instead of addressing the real matter at hand. and if it doesn't matter then the fact that you're here speaks volume.

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 07:06 PM
hah, yes i have two jobs actually and am going to let one go soon, because of school, so if you'd want actual essays i can show you that too. i don't believe in ignorance, only enlightenment.

it doesn't take much to google forum and bakery story.

and it doesn't take much to reply, esp since i didn't even have to register!

i wish people would stop using stupid comments or try to be offending/insulting instead of addressing the real matter at hand. and if it doesn't matter then the fact that you're here speaks volume.
Thanks, I can write essays. I was trying to write this in more of a news format with different articles.
I do not recall how I found the forums, even though that was only about 2 weeks ago, but ever since I did, I have been entering every gem contest I can.
I agree that people should be nicer. I have started some threads before, with people changing the topic and asking me rood questions, like what's the point I created the thread. One thread i started was Rate the Restaurant of the User Above You. I have been on other forums and these types of threads usually explode with cheerful users, but here it fell flat on its face. It's about time people of this forum brighten up.

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 07:35 PM
I will pay all my gems for an update in farmstory, the mother of all stories, the update wich is promissed in december, the hollidaybox is full with christmas stuff boooooooooooring

Let's hope TeamLava Christmas doesn't last until July. ;)

Unregistered
01-27-11, 08:11 PM
I was the writer of the first post you quoted about losing 4 of my neighbors. I love how you contrasted that with the app descriptions TL uses. I have bought gems, but they are outrageous. I also play some gameview games and their in-game currency is much more in line with most other "freemium" games. 1.99 for 55, 4.99 for 155, 9.99 for 350.
I have bought gems when TL releases an update, but otherwise I will not do so.

As to the other posters who are "happy" with the games as is, I find that hard to believe. Unless doing the same thing day after day with no changes makes you happy. Perhaps they are not high level users who have maxed out of everything except Bakery Story. Just reading the ads in the app store make me angry. I hope that if the next app they release has the same lies in it about updates, you will join me in a mass email to the app store.

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 08:54 PM
I was the writer of the first post you quoted about losing 4 of my neighbors. I love how you contrasted that with the app descriptions TL uses. I have bought gems, but they are outrageous. I also play some gameview games and their in-game currency is much more in line with most other "freemium" games. 1.99 for 55, 4.99 for 155, 9.99 for 350.

As to the other posters who are "happy" with the games as is, I find that hard to believe. Unless doing the same thing day after day with no changes makes you happy. Perhaps they are not high level users who have maxed out of everything except Bakery Story. Just reading the ads in the app store make me angry. I hope that if the next app they release has the same lies in it about updates, you will join me in a mass email to the app store.
I haven't maxed out yet, but I know it's coming. Even so, what's the point of just leveling up if there is nothing else to show for it. I totally agree. Thanks for the reply.

Mattdiner
01-27-11, 08:57 PM
Thank you all for responding. I will "update" you all about every week. Feel free to comment or post problems of any kind.

Unregistered
01-27-11, 09:20 PM
i hope to see more pple active here,

one problem i have is when i bake something and then exit sometimes i don't know if its the connection..but the stuff doesn't get baked so when i go back its empty..sometimes the stuff i serve doesn't even get served so when i went back it is still there..~! sometimes i'm unlucky and it spoils :(

Unregistered
01-28-11, 03:32 AM
Yes I know. Had it until they updated all to original farm. My point was the price. It was free too(tho now redundant). But all of a sudden it's shown with a 4.99 price tag....ominous....foreshadowing 

Unregistered
01-28-11, 04:00 AM

Hi
I'm one that is happy with the games and yes, a high level player in all but one....treasure. That's the only one I don't care for. It has nothing to do with making the same thing over and over. I've mastered all in b.s. R.s and in farm (except roses). for me it's all about design and creativity. Though I understand ppl who want updates, I get upset with those ones who feel the need to insult those of us who don't NEED them.
I used to come here often to answer questions for newer players. But I've barely been here since one or two certain ppl take over every thread and make it about updates. This is why ppl get rude I think. They've posted questions and others have ignored and taken the thread over. It's sad. I agree with the poster who said more and more experienced players who enjoy the games don't bother coming here. The decorum of the forum is atrocious. I don't think user reg will solve that.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 04:09 AM
i hope to see more pple active here,

one problem i have is when i bake something and then exit sometimes i don't know if its the connection..but the stuff doesn't get baked so when i go back its empty..sometimes the stuff i serve doesn't even get served so when i went back it is still there..~! sometimes i'm unlucky and it spoils :(

yes, I think it's more of a connection issue. I've had this occur a couple of times, always when I'm at work where I know my signal is weak

Unregistered
01-28-11, 07:26 AM
yes, I think it's more of a connection issue. I've had this occur a couple of times, always when I'm at work where I know my signal is weak

This is Matt's post. He thanked me for posting. If he felt it was off-topic he would have said so. He started with my post and then contrasted it to TL's lies. Seems to me that my post was right on target.

Mattdiner
01-28-11, 01:39 PM
Hi
I'm one that is happy with the games and yes, a high level player in all but one....treasure. That's the only one I don't care for. It has nothing to do with making the same thing over and over. I've mastered all in b.s. R.s and in farm (except roses). for me it's all about design and creativity. Though I understand ppl who want updates, I get upset with those ones who feel the need to insult those of us who don't NEED them.
I used to come here often to answer questions for newer players. But I've barely been here since one or two certain ppl take over every thread and make it about updates. This is why ppl get rude I think. They've posted questions and others have ignored and taken the thread over. It's sad. I agree with the poster who said more and more experienced players who enjoy the games don't bother coming here. The decorum of the forum is atrocious. I don't think user reg will solve that.
Required user registration would help because they would have to make an account in order to post. They would only be able to post one picture/message before the account would be suspended/deleted. Sure, they could make another account, but they would need to create a new account which would take much longer, with a possible restriction of one TeamLava Forums account per email address.
I agree, it is not right to turn every thread into an updates thread because that is off topic. With this thread created, it is hard to go off topic because it is just about TeamLava and their games. People may ask any questions they want and give ratings to certain areas of TeamLava "performance".
They way I am treating the updating issues is to deliver them in a middle-of-the-road way. I do not want to be aggressive and nasty, but I don't want to act like the problem is not an issue either. I want to come across in a way where I show that it is obvious that there is a problem and I am concerned.

Mattdiner
01-28-11, 01:42 PM
This is Matt's post. He thanked me for posting. If he felt it was off-topic he would have said so. He started with my post and then contrasted it to TL's lies. Seems to me that my post was right on target.
I had encountered many similar posts before but I decided that yours was the best one to use. It was descriptive and to the point.

Mattdiner
01-28-11, 03:45 PM
Yes I know. Had it until they updated all to original farm. My point was the price. It was free too(tho now redundant). But all of a sudden it's shown with a 4.99 price tag....ominous....foreshadowing 
Gems are cheaper there... a lot! I don't have it, but I saw the gem details in the Apple store.

Mattdiner
01-28-11, 05:11 PM
2nd Edition probably out tomorrow. The 1st was a success, so I hope the next will be even better. This will most likely be a weekly Saturday thread

Unregistered
01-28-11, 05:25 PM
Gems are cheaper there... a lot! I don't have it, but I saw the gem details in the Apple store.

If we are paying 4.99 for the app...we should not have to pay for gems too. Most games, even the 1.00 ones don't charge you extra, because you've already paid for the app. That's just greedy.

Mattdiner
01-28-11, 05:40 PM
If we are paying 4.99 for the app...we should not have to pay for gems too. Most games, even the 1.00 ones don't charge you extra, because you've already paid for the app. That's just greedy.
I know. One down payment of $5 should be plenty if money, but they still charge for gems, even if it is less. I was just explaining the difference of the app because everyone thought the 2 were exactly the same.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 06:27 PM
2nd Edition probably out tomorrow. The 1st was a success, so I hope the next will be even better. This will most likely be a weekly Saturday thread

Looking forward to it. This is a great idea!

Mattdiner
01-28-11, 08:50 PM
Looking forward to it. This is a great idea!
Thanks! Glad to make others happy. :)

Unregistered
02-04-11, 10:27 AM

I agree!! Im a new player and I have purchased gems... after reading through the forums of course, only to my dismay since I have been holding onto them for dear life. While the game is fun, you expect developers deliver on their promises. If the promise is to provide new updates, well do it!! When people are spending their money on your products, they expect a basic level of professionalism. Do what you say you will do or offer an acceptable alternative and people will be less unsatisfied with your money hungry ways.