PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update: 8/20/14

rosewaterlily
08-19-14, 04:46 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/2738be00e5d0dc99d7c767b5a9a16b3b/tumblr_inline_nakrhtFQXG1qm7yoc.png

Bake me a cake as fast as you can! Time to get down and dusty with the flour fundamentals of your Bakery. Display your confections with the Modern Cake Display in Bakery Story!

Round out all your bakery layers with this sweet update!:

Cake Fridge
Rolling Table
Baker's Square

Looks like a box but a good one!

pipipooh1977
08-19-14, 05:03 PM
Like it, but definitely a box!

filochick1982
08-19-14, 05:03 PM
Holy ! I'm all for it. Bakery related items finally!

PepperWoo
08-19-14, 05:15 PM
Man that Baker's Square is the dream! Wish it was an LTO instead!

ashrb
08-19-14, 05:19 PM
Definitely a box (a very cute one), which is sad because most bakery related items are almost always in boxes only. If only we received regular updates with items like these.

shakiba
08-19-14, 05:28 PM
Too cute. I hope there's going to be a cute LTO too.

jc32079
08-19-14, 06:13 PM
All of these items are adorable! I'm definitely going to have to take a few chances with this box.

twospoons
08-19-14, 06:44 PM
oh. my. god. i am so going broke. like, really, properly, broke. i sincerely hope i have a gem sale right now.

please please please put that first place out at black friday, cause there's no way i'll get it, no matter how many tries i take.

winterpumpkin
08-19-14, 08:06 PM
Love it!

rene2222
08-19-14, 09:17 PM
I like the baker's square, and I believe it sure is a box item.

irlanda_c
08-19-14, 10:59 PM
Whyyyy isnt this a regular update or at least a goal?!? :(

sbratprincess
08-19-14, 11:15 PM
Whyyyy isnt this a regular update or at least a goal?!? :(

I was thinking the samething!!! I love these items and really want them!!

sls0991
08-20-14, 02:05 AM
Wait, didn't we JUST have a box? What the heck is going on? I've been saving gems for ages, nothing worth using them for. I can't believe I'm going to ask for this but TL give us some good items for GEMS. This game gets so old with EVERYTHING in boxes and pretty much no chance of getting anything worth 24 gems.

orleansparish
08-20-14, 03:19 AM
Couldnt have come at a worse time when my stupid thumb hit the wrong button and 100 gems gone, by quick cook. Im super irritated now because id have used all my gems opening this box. I also wasted gems opening the pastel box 4 times, when I know very well that ive gotten nothing better than 4th placr items, out of a minimum of 15 tries.

When will I learn?! These items are delightful. We have been wishing for stuff like this forever.

ojapple96
08-20-14, 05:15 AM
How do you view these when they are posted/available? Will it only show up if you have enough gems to purchase it? The rolling pin station would be awesome but sounds like it would be an uncommon one to unlock right?

ETA I see now it's in the expansion tab (boxes) but not currently there.

my607
08-20-14, 05:51 AM
These are box items. It's not part of the goal since the goals we have now didn't expire yet. I don't open boxes because they don't guarantee you the item you want. It's a waste of gems.

pipipooh1977
08-20-14, 08:26 AM
TL would have more buyers if they put these items outside the box, even if it was for a limited time. Since the majority of players want bakery related items but won't waste gems on a gamble by opening a box!

jopazz
08-20-14, 08:47 AM
Oh my gosh yes.

Guys....I might actually buy gems for the first time. This is HUGE! *squeal* I don't even care that it's a box, I only care that they finally listened and we get more actual bakery items!

chewytwix
08-20-14, 09:35 AM
we asked for this stuff forever and now they give it, it doesnt match well with existing decor...

i think im gonna hold onto my gems and see what they bring out for black friday. wont be long now :) 14 more weeks.

pnkrosebud
08-20-14, 09:54 AM
I wish i could buy gems without using stupid google wallet stuff. Not a fan of creating another credit card. Why must they do this? argh.

kooky panda
08-20-14, 10:23 AM
I wish i could buy gems without using stupid google wallet stuff. Not a fan of creating another credit card. Why must they do this? argh.
In my area, you can now buy google play cards. These are like itune gift cards. You buy them, then add that amount to your account to spend.

pipipooh1977
08-20-14, 11:09 AM
Got the Cake Fridge.....4th place

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/a77d607f-62fc-4df3-a529-8fe63afed230.jpg (http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/lindseyv77/media/a77d607f-62fc-4df3-a529-8fe63afed230.jpg.html)

my607
08-20-14, 11:10 AM
Can anyone tell us which prize goes with 4th prize and etc? I already know which one is first place.

alicee11
08-20-14, 11:11 AM
I've been asking for a years for such a update, hoping they could realised that in goal.. But no! I'm going to quick playing these games..

alicee11
08-20-14, 11:12 AM
You are able to put something into a fridge or it's just as a decoration?

pipipooh1977
08-20-14, 11:13 AM
You are able to put something into a fridge or it's just as a decoration?

Just decoration.....all the items in the box are just decorations.

my607
08-20-14, 11:15 AM
I got the pie rack it's third place. I don't know how to take a picture and post it

lilkeeks
08-20-14, 11:24 AM
Pie Rack - 3rd prize

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/emendo15/Mobile%20Uploads/bakery_story-2014-08-20-01-16-56.png[/URL]

my607
08-20-14, 11:30 AM
This time the prizes looks decent for a change. The 4th prizes r usually small before.

lilkeeks
08-20-14, 12:54 PM
Cookie Display - 4th prize

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/emendo15/Mobile%20Uploads/bakery_story-2014-08-20-02-27-59.png

orleansparish
08-20-14, 12:55 PM

Can you buy a google play card from the store? You can even buy credit from their website directly. Without having to store your card information on your device.

joelynjellybean
08-20-14, 12:56 PM
Thank goodness I have saved up my gems for ages. I love everything in this box. I tried the box several times and got everything but first prize.

Here's the list.

2nd Cake Delivery
Modern Cake Display
3rd Pie Rack
Rolling Table
4th Cake Boxes
Pile of Cookies
Tiered Mixing Bowls
Cake Fridge

I have them all in the left edge of my bakery right now along with a bunch of other cakes if anyone wants to take a closer look.

lilkeeks
08-20-14, 12:56 PM
Modern Cake Display - 2nd prize (I think)
Rolling Table - 3rd prize (I think)
Cake Fridge - 4th place

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/emendo15/Mobile%20Uploads/bakery_story-2014-08-20-02-35-23.png

orleansparish
08-20-14, 12:58 PM
I got the chocolate chip cookies thingy, the pie rack which is a nice size for once, the stack of bowls and the baking counter thingy. I can't complain since they can all go with my other baking relating items, aren't much smaller than the items for sale during normal business hours (like the coffee carousel) and aren't tiny like items from the darn lady tea box. I don't know whether to get gems next month or just wait until November like Chewy, and see if anything nice if for sale then.

natalienat518
08-20-14, 01:03 PM
Finally, a box... Time to save up money...
I don't particularly care about redecorating and buying things, because to be honest, I have never bought anything at all nor I would buy anything for my Bakery in the future other than those items forced by the goals.
Some people here may disagree with me but this is how I feel. :)

shakiba
08-20-14, 01:04 PM
We only get a box this week? How boring. :(

xxxe
08-20-14, 01:06 PM
I want that modern cake display! In going to go try right now lol

LalaSmooth
08-20-14, 01:08 PM
Rather wait for Halloween box than this box

AnnasCoffee
08-20-14, 01:10 PM
Thanks Lava. I'm not a big fan of boxes but, I might open this box. These items are great.

I'm going to wait though. Maybe we will get more bakery related items next week. Boxes don't disappear after a week. Maybe will get an LTO next week.

Wouldn't it be great if we got bakery stuff EVERY WEEK from now on ! Is this the first "bakery" update that we've ever had?

StevenKevin
08-20-14, 02:33 PM
For once i was lucky i wanted the pie rack for my fall section and got it first time yesssss
i have to say i love boxes and this one is particularly successful. I find opening a box way more thrilling than those boring time-consuming goals i have given up

rosewaterlily
08-20-14, 02:59 PM
I really like the cake fridge but the other fourth place prizes not so much, so I'm disinclined to open the box for now, even though I like all the other items.

twospoons
08-20-14, 03:49 PM
i got the fridge, mixing bowls, pile of cookies (the weakest of the prizes, in my opinion) and the cake delivery. and now i have to wait for a sale, because i was pretty broke already after i purchased a bunch of halloween stuff last week. i still want everything i'm missing!

although i really do love this box (it's easily the best one, again, IMO), i still think "actual bakery stuff" could support further decorations. i still want a mixer, darn it! (and hey, now i have the bowls for it!) so whaddya say designers, basic bakery crate II?

two weeks of stellar updates (unless you're a box hater)--continue the streak TL!

irlanda_c
08-20-14, 04:09 PM
Thanks Lava. I'm not a big fan of boxes but, I might open this box. These items are great.

I'm going to wait though. Maybe we will get more bakery related items next week. Boxes don't disappear after a week. Maybe will get an LTO next week.

Wouldn't it be great if we got bakery stuff EVERY WEEK from now on ! Is this the first "bakery" update that we've ever had?

It would be wonderful to continue with the bakery updates!!!

mytsa
08-20-14, 06:31 PM
The baker's square is so lovely, and i like the fridge too
however, i got the rolling table and pie rack only, both are 3rd prize:(

snowflake1919
08-20-14, 06:59 PM
Way to go TL - Great Box - even if they were floor decoration tab, for gems, instead of box - I would still be interested,

usually spend my money on Castle Story - But this was well worth the gamble

Thanks

pixiegamer
08-20-14, 08:21 PM
I wanted the cake fridge but got the pie rack :p Not too disappointed as I think this box is great in general, but do prizes generally go up after the first opening? I.e., since I got a 3rd place prize, do my chances of getting a 4th place item diminish at all? And have people ever gotten repeats of box items?

lilkeeks
08-20-14, 11:15 PM
I wanted the cake fridge but got the pie rack :p Not too disappointed as I think this box is great in general, but do prizes generally go up after the first opening? I.e., since I got a 3rd place prize, do my chances of getting a 4th place item diminish at all? And have people ever gotten repeats of box items?
Yes, repeats are possible...I ended up with three zombie donuts from the 2013 Halloween Box. Plus I've heard others mention that they got repeated items as well

zaaracake
08-20-14, 11:31 PM
Aaaaargh, just spent all my gems the day before opening older boxes, wish I'd waited....ermmmm...I realise this is of no use to anybody but just needed to vent...sorry, y'all...
Yeah items are great esp the first prize...it's a lovely box...will def be opening it next...uhhhh whenever...
Thanks for listening, TL!
Finally a baker's box...there should be some happy folks out there....

zaaracake
08-20-14, 11:32 PM
It would be wonderful to continue with the bakery updates!!!

A BIIIIIIIIIIG yea to that!

ChekiChan
08-21-14, 03:12 AM
I am very lucky (and very happy), got the baker's square on the 4th draw! In fact, this is my first time getting a 1st Prize from a box!! Got the cake fridge and rolling table as well :)

ojapple96
08-21-14, 04:58 AM
I am very lucky (and very happy), got the baker's square on the 4th draw! In fact, this is my first time getting a 1st Prize from a box!! Got the cake fridge and rolling table as well :)

You have to post a photo! Let's see how it looks in your place congrats!!!

Also when you and others say "4th draw" does that mean you bought 4 boxes? I've never bought one before so I'm not clear how they work. I see where they are but not what the process is.

ChekiChan
08-21-14, 05:26 AM
Don't know how to post a pic here, just try and see if this works...

ChekiChan
08-21-14, 05:29 AM
You have to post a photo! Let's see how it looks in your place congrats!!!

Also when you and others say "4th draw" does that mean you bought 4 boxes? I've never bought one before so I'm not clear how they work. I see where they are but not what the process is.

ojapple96: Please see my pic posted up in the last post. Yes, I bought 4 times before I got the 1st prize. In fact, it is just tough luck, I tried with another box previously and I got three 3rd prize which are all of the same item!! That's why I said I am lucky this time.

neurotika
08-21-14, 05:31 AM
Yeah. I'd rather buy decor at 35 to 40 gems a piece rather than waste gems on a box only to get crappy stuff. But sometimes I lose control. Will wait for Black Friday too. It was quite a sale last year.

zifun
08-21-14, 06:26 AM
I opened the box twice and got the mixing bowls on the first try then the cake fridge on the second try

neurotika
08-21-14, 08:20 AM
Sorry for double posting

LadyZhenJi
08-21-14, 09:11 AM
I got the Pie Rack! :)

shakiba
08-21-14, 09:49 AM

Lucky u! Congrats, it looks great in ur bakery!

lilkeeks
08-21-14, 10:04 AM

WOW! I'm so envious. ..I want the bakers square and I will try again tomorrow. I'm glad TL is moving away from the weird faces that it had be*** using (I thought they looked like elves)

minidemon88
08-21-14, 10:23 AM
Got the rolling table, pile of cookies and the cake boxes. Was hoping to get the pie rack and the cake fridge. No such luck! :( Though I do like most of the items in the box, just that some of the 4th prize items are not worth the price. The pile of cookies is one of them, it's so tiny! *stares*

Reminded me of why I don't like to gamble on boxes.

keyy513
08-21-14, 11:12 AM
Cake delivery on the first try!! #score

AuntyRose32
08-21-14, 12:55 PM
Finally we get bakery related (I know crazy right?!) items....yay! But they're in a box, and we've waited so long for them, so it's a little disappointing I'm sorry to say. It means they're not accessible for some people. Not everyone likes to gamble on the boxes and I understand why, I'm not a big fan of boxes either but I make the odd exception. Like chewytwix said, waiting for Black Friday is a good idea, I might just do that....the box isn't going anywhere. AnnasCoffee, I knew you'd like this update...lots of 'bakery related items'...here's hoping this isn't the end of that trend! I'm gonna wait to see if we get a follow up next week of a nice 'bakery related' limited time offer too. On a better note, I love the items TL...the cake fridge might just be my favourite, followed by the pie stand. So well done, the items look great. Please consider offering more along these lines, thanks. Happy baking to all :)

twospoons
08-21-14, 05:00 PM
i should be a nicer person, but i'm mostly just jealous. cute bakery though!

am now up to 6 purchases, no repeats (yay!) but giving it a break as i think i've pushed my luck--still missing the baker's square of course, and the modern cakes which i think are extremely pretty. also the cake boxes 4th place.

http://i60.tinypic.com/qn0egz.png

nannylinda4
08-21-14, 05:27 PM
Thank you so much Team Lava for the box of beautiful bakery items. I hope the theme of realistic decorations continues for a few weeks. I do not mind spending gems on a box full of quality prizes!

ChekiChan
08-21-14, 07:03 PM
Lucky u! Congrats, it looks great in ur bakery!

Thanks a lot!!

ChekiChan
08-21-14, 07:04 PM
All the best! Yes, agree with you :)
WOW! I'm so envious. ..I want the bakers square and I will try again tomorrow. I'm glad TL is moving away from the weird faces that it had be*** using (I thought they looked like elves)

ChekiChan
08-21-14, 07:10 PM

am now up to 6 purchases, no repeats (yay!) but giving it a break as i think i've pushed my luck--still missing the baker's square of course, and the modern cakes which i think are extremely pretty. also the cake boxes 4th place.

Thanks!! Yours is lovely too!! Yes, the items in this box are pretty, I will open it again and see if I could get other remaining items :)

winterpumpkin
08-21-14, 08:11 PM
A BIIIIIIIIIIG yea to that!

I second that!

freesiawoods
08-21-14, 11:07 PM
Nice box but I hardly ever get free gems nowadays for BS. Opened one and got the pie rack which isn't bad. In my opinion the cake fridge is very good for a 4th prize.

LadyZhenJi
08-22-14, 07:08 AM

I love the simplicity of your bakery. Mine is out of control and I don't have the energy to fix it. -_-

TrixiDeCat
08-22-14, 10:27 PM
oh. my. god. i am so going broke. like, really, properly, broke. i sincerely hope i have a gem sale right now.

please please please put that first place out at black friday, cause there's no way i'll get it, no matter how many tries i take.

Hear ya....this is getting kind of wearisome.

cozyreader13
08-23-14, 02:24 AM
I opened the box 2 times and got the mixing bowls and cookie display ... The 2 I wanted the least lol..... All out of gems... Not going to buy any so I have to wait until I can get 24 to try opening the box again.

cakeandpie
08-23-14, 09:50 AM
Love the items in this box, just wish it wasn't a box so that I could buy only the ones I wanted. I'm glad I'd been saving up gems for awhile because I had enough to open it 4 times! I got the mixing bowls (ugh, did not want), cookie display (OK, but not what I really wanted), and then finally I got lucky and got the pie rack and cake fridge, which were what I most wanted besides the baker's square. Yay! :)

ILOVEeSSIE
08-23-14, 01:54 PM
The Cake Fridge is lovely!

mylee12345
08-23-14, 06:56 PM
Add me please I just started today.... mylee12345

YvieKennaCafe
08-24-14, 04:16 PM

I got the Baker's Square!! Had tried three times and got some good stuff but didn't think I'd get the Baker's Square but went for it anyway and got it. So excited. Just kind of wedged it in so will have to figure out how to spotlight it a bit more. Hopefully the picture shows it in all it's glory.

Klizland
08-24-14, 09:36 PM
I especially like the fridge, rack, and display. Besides, of course, the baker's square. If I could only get like a million free vems in my account... :D

Are gems also on sale for black Friday? (sorry, a newbie ;-) )

sls0991
08-25-14, 02:55 AM
I especially like the fridge, rack, and display. Besides, of course, the baker's square. If I could only get like a million free vems in my account... :D

I've only been around for one Black Friday sale and that was last years and boy was it in no way a disappointment! I hope they continue with their mega sale on Black Friday every year, as I will be a returning customer! Gems were 40% off I believe? And a lot of box items (first place mostly) were for sale for gems (49 or less!) and some past LTOs and other stuff that was no longer in the catalog. I hope Black Friday gets here quick!

twospoons
08-25-14, 04:34 AM
I love the simplicity of your bakery. Mine is out of control and I don't have the energy to fix it. -_-

thank you! i actually love looking at the crazy stuffed-full bakeries (so much to admire!) but could never keep mine that way without driving myself nuts.

I've only been around for one Black Friday sale and that was last years and boy was it in no way a disappointment! I hope they continue with their mega sale on Black Friday every year, as I will be a returning customer! Gems were 40% off I believe? And a lot of box items (first place mostly) were for sale for gems (49 or less!) and some past LTOs and other stuff that was no longer in the catalog. I hope Black Friday gets here quick!

i started playing last year too and was thrilled to find out it lived up to the hype. 40% off gems, and that's where i got the gelato stand, statue of liberty, jazz band & duck fountain - all 1st prizes out of boxes, and there was a ton more stuff too. they don't release every first place prize/LTO, and they don't release 2nd place prizes, more's the pity, but there is a lot of really great stuff--some of it wasn't even that expensive, gem-wise.

ojapple96
08-25-14, 04:43 AM

I got the Baker's Square!! Had tried three times and got some good stuff but didn't think I'd get the Baker's Square but went for it anyway and got it. So excited. Just kind of wedged it in so will have to figure out how to spotlight it a bit more. Hopefully the picture shows it in all it's glory.

It looks great! I got the cake fridge that's it for me.

Klizland
08-25-14, 06:09 AM
:) thank you for the info!

YvieKennaCafe
08-25-14, 06:14 AM
It looks great! I got the cake fridge that's it for me.

On my fourth try I would have been content with the cake fridge. I think it looks great!