PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty!

Queenzod
08-19-14, 09:21 AM
This was mentioned on another thread in the discussions section, but it's such a good idea I thought it deserved it's own thread.

TL should offer a week of amnesty on unbuilt buildings/unfulfilled quests. Open up things like the glimmerbat, kingdom inn, etc., so people can have a chance to finish those and catch up without having to use gems to finish. You could even make it an annual event!

iAyun
08-19-14, 09:59 AM
This was mentioned on another thread in the discussions section, but it's such a good idea I thought it deserved it's own thread.

TL should offer a week of amnesty on unbuilt buildings/unfulfilled quests. Open up things like the glimmerbat, kingdom inn, etc., so people can have a chance to finish those and catch up without having to use gems to finish. You could even make it an annual event!

This suggestion is brilliant!!!
*2 thumbs up* :D
+1 (if there is a vote, even I think I do not need this event, I only curious about how the story end) :P

jim23cash
08-19-14, 12:18 PM
Amnesty! Thank you, that was the word I was searching for!! I couldn't remember that word for anything when I was writing, but that was the word I originally thought of when I had the idea. A day of Amnesty! (Or weekend) Thanks for helping me remember, and for starting a thread Queenzod! I have no idea how to do that yet.
Lets help clean up our 'doms and get rid of all those abandoned building projects. Lets give those players one more chance to finish those fabulous buildings and have the satisfaction of the completed project.
;)

Queenzod
08-19-14, 03:43 PM
Thanks, Annie, for the brilliant idea!

Oh, and it's easy to start a new thread. (Almost too easy, lol). Near the top of the page there's an orange button that says "post new thread" punch that.

CottageRose
08-19-14, 05:57 PM
I don't have any incomplete buildings, but I see them all the time and it makes me sad. I think an annual Amnesty week (or 10 days) would be brilliant!!! The best special event of all. :)

brdwybaby
08-19-14, 06:29 PM
This is an excellent idea! I really hope TL takes this into consideration!

Liloze
08-20-14, 06:20 AM
Absolutely fantastic idea both Jim23Cash and Queenzod!
I do not have any unfinished buildings, but like everyone said here, it is sad to see neighbors and other players with those unfinished buildings.
Hopefully TL will consider this Amnesty, and give their players the chance to take care of unfinished business :)

jimboser
08-20-14, 06:32 AM
Nothing says run-down-kingdom like unfinished buildings. Fantastic idea to get players energized. 1 Week though is a bit slim, 2 weeks would be better.

Nimlandy
08-20-14, 02:51 PM
Nothing says run-down-kingdom like unfinished buildings. Fantastic idea to get players energized. 1 Week though is a bit slim, 2 weeks would be better.

I like it! Please do! I want to finish my batcave!

jim23cash
09-02-14, 09:34 AM
I hope someone from TL will weigh in here... I don't want this to be forgotten. I don't personally have unfinished projects, but many neighbors do. I think it would make a lot of players happy if they could finish up a project that is "unlovely" in it's incomplete stages. Please TL, give them the chance to finish up those projects, so they aren't like an open wound. Let them heal! It must be unpleasant to see something like that every time you visit your 'Dom.
AMNESTY !! ;) Annie

poopher
09-08-14, 06:31 AM
This is an amazing idea!! I have a few unfinished building from before I found the forum and got tips on what to stockpile. They are now sitting in storage because they are an eyesore. I would love to finish my reindeer habitat! Please make this happen!

michieboony
09-08-14, 07:42 AM
I too LOVE that idea as I have taken to hiding my unfinished ones in storage. Now that I have the forum, I realise that the advance knowledge shared by my dear neighbours have really enhanced my game and helped me pace myself to successfully handling the weekly quests/challenges. Amnesty would afford me the opportunity to pick up where I left off on my buildings. I am even willing to invest some gems to accomplish the tasks as I have been stockpiling gems to outright purchase the unfinished items. Now that would be a true 2 year anniversary gift/quest to reward our loyalty to an awesome game!!! Thanks TeamLava.

55lee55
09-10-14, 01:56 AM
I don't have any unfinished buildings or quests either but this is I agree something that should not be let to sit and be ignored.

This is an excellent idea and would no doubt be welcomed by many of us even if we don't have unfinished buildings because we must all have neighbors who do unless we have very limited neighbor lists. I would gladly sit back and do nothing at all for a few weeks but watch my neighbors use Amnesty!

I throw my support behind this idea as well as the idea of it being an annual event! Awesome suggestion! What can we do to keep this idea fresh so that it doesn't age off and become lost? This is important for all of us! Many of the complaints in nearly every thread are based on very real frustration with uncompleted quests which keep many of our neighbors from moving on, even if a specific event is not mentioned every time. Nearly every topic can be tied in some way to unfinished business if it has happened to you and you are stuck or have unfinished buildings in your inventory. It is understandable that people who need to move on but cannot, are going to feel unhappy. There don't need to be many, and likely there are not, but the unfairness is obvious to us all.

Amnesty as outlined here would add new life to CS for us all I think, and it would not hurt TL's bottom line to allow those few who for whatever reason have unfinished business a reasonable opportunity to complete them. When I did those quests, I finished them. They were meant to be finished, and most of us have. Why not an annual amnesty? It makes so much sense!

shambalaya
01-18-15, 02:59 PM
Bump

I don't have anything unfinished, but if I wasn't such an obsessive player I'm sure the disappointment of repeatedly investing time and resources with nothing to show for it would weigh down my enjoyment of this amazing game.
But would it take away some of the uniqueness of the time-limited items? Perhaps, but it makes the game more enjoyable for casual players IMHO.