PDA

View Full Version : New Gem Purchase

PurpleScorpion76
08-19-14, 04:13 AM
I'm working towards my next big gem purchase.

I'd like your opinions.

I'm torn between:

2nd wizard school
Fortune Teller Tent
Mermaid Pond
Maple Tree
Magic Fruit Tree
Alicorn
Dragon or Mithril Dragon

I'm level 33 I will likely get to level 34 by end of play tomorrow I think. I am waiting for the end of the Pyre Festival to expand to Sabina's square and I don't have the Forgotten Roost yet either. So you can see thst I'm behind the average player, I'll likely be at level 35 by end of Pyre Festival (I visit a lot of neighbours daily).

What do you believe is more of an important purchase for me at the moment?

katbtodd
08-19-14, 05:21 AM
My vote,would be the second school ,, and level it up as fast as you can, and you can get it many time during the day,, then if you having hard time with Mithril the dragon would be my second choice

ciarjen
08-19-14, 05:27 AM
I'm working towards my next big gem purchase.

I'd like your opinions.

I'm torn between:

2nd wizard school
Fortune Teller Tent
Mermaid Pond
Maple Tree
Magic Fruit Tree
Alicorn
Dragon or Mithril Dragon

I'm level 33 I will likely get to level 34 by end of play tomorrow I think. I am waiting for the end of the Pyre Festival to expand to Sabina's square and I don't have the Forgotten Roost yet either. So you can see thst I'm behind the average player, I'll likely be at level 35 by end of Pyre Festival (I visit a lot of neighbours daily).

I would get the Mithril Dragon and build up your stock of dragon scales and mithril as you are going to need both later.

Even when you get the roost it can take ages to get a dragon egg and even longer to get an ember (from many desert sands adventures which takes lots of resources) and not having dragon scales will stop you proceeding with the Greselda questline. I think you may need mithril for that too or for Sabina.

roguebee
08-19-14, 05:28 AM
With a style of play leaning towards the ant rather than the grasshopper, I would recommend the mithril dragon so you can start stockpiling both mithril and dragon scales for when you need them down the road. It may be a bit early for that purchase though. The maple tree wasn't a bad investment. I have two (I used gems to acquire one and received the other as a drop from Feral Lands adventure). They help keep my sap topped off and I get a syrup every few days. When you are into glue making to create magic cement to upgrade your deep mine, any source of sap is a life saver. The second wizard school? I have it, it's nice, and it starts helping immendiately.

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 01:55 AM
Can anyone tell me the regularity of drops from the dragons and Allicorns? What they drop each time and what they drop every now and again? Is there a better dragon to get and I've noticed some dragons in kingdoms not in the market are they drops from the game itself or no longer able to purchase? Ie bijou dragon or adult flare dragon? Are there others? Do they drop different things?

SpiritWind00
08-20-14, 02:22 AM
(Any newer players will benefit from this link too!)

There is an excellent source of info in the game guide FAQ section. This will help you enormously and give you a better idea about what drops what.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved

This is a brilliant link which I'm sure you'll love.

When I first started in this game, I spent hours trolling through the pages of the forum gathering information and finding things out for myself. It's easier to this on a computer rather than on a small device if you can. Happy Reading! :)

ciarjen
08-20-14, 06:38 AM
Can anyone tell me the regularity of drops from the dragons and Allicorns? What they drop each time and what they drop every now and again? Is there a better dragon to get and I've noticed some dragons in kingdoms not in the market are they drops from the game itself or no longer able to purchase? Ie bijou dragon or adult flare dragon? Are there others? Do they drop different things?

Mithril dragon drops a mithril every day and dragon scales most days.

The normal amber dragon drops dragon scales most days.

There are also occasional drops of other items such as gems, coal, swords, armour, energy etc.

The other dragons were only obtainable during the Pyre Egg quest some months ago.

Alicorns drop 40 energy once every 7 days.

In my opinion the best value for your money is the Mithril dragon because you get mithril and scales.

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 08:40 AM
Mithril dragon drops a mithril every day and dragon scales most days.

The normal amber dragon drops dragon scales most days.

There are also occasional drops of other items such as gems, coal, swords, armour, energy etc.

The other dragons were only obtainable during the Pyre Egg quest some months ago.

Alicorns drop 40 energy once every 7 days.

In my opinion the best value for your money is the Mithril dragon because you get mithril and scales.

So which dragons do you get to make? Snd which animal gives you the chance of 100 energy?

tigarlilyvol
08-20-14, 09:17 AM
I got 100 energy from pink alicorns but very, very rare drop

Anaboe
08-20-14, 11:49 AM
Wizard School or Mithril Dragon.

Wizard School will give you a boost in early play, but then you'll be waiting on Mithril and dragon scales later on, Mithril will give you a set back in early play, but a boost when you advance.

Me, I bought the second Wizard school and was lucky enough to get all 3 dragons from the Pyre Egg-event, and even get the Burning ember within a few tries. So now I'm waiting for Mithril ;) For reference: I'm lvl 42 and in the midst of the Griselda-garden-quest, and the Goddess-tree-quest. Got 1 lvl 5 Deep mine, and 1 lvl 1 Deep Mine.

I bought the Barracks and the Harvest Pergola, but both are a bit disapointing to me: the Harvest Pergola usually gets me some small food stuff (2 of the following: flour, grits, bread, breaded fish), and the Barracks need cooking in the kitchen which takes ages for the good adventures. In retrospective, I think I'd rather have bought a Mithril Dragon.

So the question is: do you want to advance quickly and then slowly, or do you want to advance slowly, but steady?

jbfps116
08-26-14, 05:44 AM
I'm fairly early in the game, level 25 working on the golden birthday mission etc, and Here's what I found to be useful:
Mermaid Pond, apart from being very pretty is a needed supply of scales!! also got wizard school... apple, orange and lemon trees, magic fruit tree, multi hedge, maple, trillium, glimmerdust (before I knew about the mission lol) but I like the mermaid pond the best. thinking about mythrill drgon or saving up for limited time items!

Rosendorn
08-28-14, 12:38 PM
I'm torn between:

2nd wizard school

Mermaid Pond
Alicorn
Dragon or Mithril Dragon

Good question, i am thinking about this as well. I am lv. 31, going to be 32 by the Weekend, my guess. I Used to visit a Lot of neighbors as well, about 140 Daily, but i have reduced this now. Need a real life, too!

Well, i feel behind as well but have realised That People Play differently. I need some more RP to expand to Sabina to expand to the Roost.this is what i am working on now. Since a week, i lost interest in the Festival cause i was away a Few days and wouldnt make the Last Individual Goal. So i concentrate on other Goals.
Ok back to topic.
I am Saving gems for the Mithril Dragon, i think it is Most important. Crafting Mithril Makesme sick, waiting two days for One! No Way!
I would like to have the Pond as the Last days gave me only very Few Shells. But you dont need the mapletree, you might get One from feral Lands Adventure like me today. The Magic fruit tree comes in Handy if you like to Trade a Lot, but, well, i can Hardly follow with strawberrys and glimmerbulbs
You can hack on trees for the SAP, that's ok too.

That bring's me to the conclusion, Dragon, especially Mithril Dragon. Than, 2. School. No tree.
Hope You Tell us what you decided, Sunny

zenobia42
08-28-14, 01:30 PM
Is the mithril dragon only available by purchasing it for 400 gems? Or do mithril dragon eggs ever drop from the Forgotten Roost?

Queenzod
08-28-14, 01:37 PM
Is the mithril dragon only available by purchasing it for 400 gems? Or do mithril dragon eggs ever drop from the Forgotten Roost?

1. Yep.
2. Nope.

zenobia42
08-28-14, 01:59 PM
1. Yep.
2. Nope.

1. Darn.
2. Dagnabbit!

Thanks for letting me know. :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-29-14, 01:58 PM
I did get the 2nd wizard school today thanks to the latest team lava game popping up in my quest book. I figured the extra energy could get me more mermaid scales every 4 hours than an Allicorn once a week or a mermaid pond.

The same goes for maple tree and I think I just found out magic fruit drops from faerie respite?!? Just started that quest line.

Hope I made the right decision for my game but my next target will be the Mithril Dragon or the Fortune Teller Tent.

PurpleScorpion76
09-07-14, 12:38 PM
Can anyone tell me, what comes first in the game the need for lots of Mithril (Mithril Dragon purchase) which I believe is Greselda related or the need for lots of glimmer shards / fragments (Fortune Teller Tent purchase) is that Greselda related too?

tutshe
09-08-14, 08:29 PM
Mithril comes first. Shards are Greselda related.

Chaotarch
09-08-14, 09:50 PM
back to #1:

if you have deep mines you could get mithril from them.
also you can do the jewelers trade for very rare mithril.
if you have no apple tree and mr pigglesworth-mission to do and no golden apple yet, maybe buy this, cuz mr pig is great.
the fearie flowerbeet also great stuff for all pedals, seeds, murmur

PurpleScorpion76
09-09-14, 02:17 AM
Thanks.

ParadiseLostForNow
09-09-14, 06:54 AM
Good choice the the second wizard school! You won't regret it.

The mithril dragon will become very handy for upcoming quests, so maybe consider it for your next purchase.

PurpleScorpion76
09-09-14, 07:11 AM
I have decided it will be the Mithril dragon then likely the Fortune Teller Tent.

zenobia42
09-09-14, 09:10 AM
I have decided it will be the Mithril dragon then likely the Fortune Teller Tent.

I just got the mithril dragon myself in the last week and I love him - I think you will too. :)

PurpleScorpion76
09-09-14, 09:49 AM
I'm not a great fan of the jumpiness, but suspect I will love the dragon scales and Mithril.

PurpleScorpion76
10-12-14, 11:43 AM

And I caved today, panicked about losing the gems in gem traps and bought the fortune teller tent first. Lol. On the upside I have the dragon quest line open now and am now considering the smaller things, maple tree for syrup, mermaid pond for scales, I'm maxed currently because of the need for water but was grappling for them before the first Halloween quest.

bookadey
10-14-14, 09:16 AM
Thanks for all the info here. I recently bought gems and decided on a wizard school for energy and a mithril dragon to stock up on mithril (and Sir Piggle and Purple cow wanted a friend) Hoping for a good gem sale during the Halloween event so I can get the Fortune Teller and maybe a second school - need to expand though, I've run out of room :)