PDA

View Full Version : Can't expand, can't build anything help plz

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 05:07 PM
The game says you have to get to ivy before you can get your potion shop. The potion shop is the only way to get glue. I can't expand to ivy because I don't have enough royal points. I can't get royal points, because the royal buildings require glue to construct. I can't build anything without this glue, and can't get a potion shop, help please:confused:

DrP4ever
08-18-14, 05:09 PM
You can get royal points by buying royal walls.

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 05:16 PM
Is there any other way to get royal points?

PikaSquirrel
08-18-14, 05:34 PM
The only way to get Royal Points is to purchase decoration that will help increase them or purchase and build Royal Buildings.

vizbiz11
08-18-14, 05:56 PM
Is there any other way to get royal points?

Sure. Build watch towers and lantern spires. None of the levels need glue and they start you with 60 Royal points. ;)

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 07:18 PM
The only way to get Royal Points is to purchase decoration that will help increase them or purchase and build Royal Buildings.

Oh....thank you!

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 07:21 PM
Sure. Build watch towers and lantern spires. None of the levels need glue and they start you with 60 Royal points. ;)

I just found that out! Thank you! I'm trying to get to ivy ~ then I can get the potion shop! as it's locked now ~ but I need ivy to get the potion shop to get the glue? I'm on level 11. It is going to take me years to progress!

Or am I Just not getting this?

I do not know why I love this game!:)

DrP4ever
08-18-14, 07:55 PM
You are just wanting to get where some of us are, just take your time. Make towers, add walls, level up and you can expand. You'll get there. Just focus on one goal at a time. And most of all Have Fun!

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 08:36 PM
You are just wanting to get where some of us are, just take your time. Make towers, add walls, level up and you can expand. You'll get there. Just focus on one goal at a time. And most of all Have Fun!

Very good advice! It us fun isn't it!

reliquary
08-18-14, 10:57 PM
There is an awesome guide for all the goals
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals

It is invaluable!

Have tons of fun building your kingdom:):)

PurpleScorpion76
08-19-14, 02:17 AM
Think I had exactly the same issue I needed glue and therefore needed Ivy. I put up a few stone walls and increased my level of watchtower and lantern spire, I'm not a big fan of duplication of buildings unless there's a good reason.

chalupa2030
08-19-14, 05:03 PM
There is an awesome guide for all the goals
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals

It is invaluable!

Have tons of fun building your kingdom:):)

Thank you!

chalupa2030
08-19-14, 05:08 PM
Think I had exactly the same issue I needed glue and therefore needed Ivy. I put up a few stone walls and increased my level of watchtower and lantern spire, I'm not a big fan of duplication of buildings unless there's a good reason.

I need to expand to get to ivy but I need more crown points to build to get to ivy. I can buy more buildings, but how do I know if they require glue?

I have two now that I can't build because they need glue. I agree! I don't want duplicate buildings unless I have to and I don't want more buildings I can't build.

It's like a catch 22:(

chalupa2030
08-19-14, 05:56 PM
I have another question ~

These buildings we don't build or we do build from scratch? I was going to upgrade for additional royal points but it might need glue. Glue and I simply do not get along.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/a8bd92b09f50e5921c717c7a437372fa.jpg

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 01:59 AM
You'll have to get along with glue soon but I know your frustration. There is a document but I can't put the link up being on my phone I'll take a look at it and let you know.

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 02:01 AM
No glue needed for any upgrades for lantern spire or watchtower.

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 02:04 AM
The Library will require potion shop at level 3, the royal manor at level 4.

PurpleScorpion76
08-20-14, 02:08 AM
Queens Court / Kings Keep needs glue.

EBJW
08-20-14, 02:09 AM
I need to expand to get to ivy but I need more crown points to build to get to ivy. I can buy more buildings, but how do I know if they require glue?

It's like a catch 22:(

Whenever I need to know something about a building, item, etc. I use a searching machine.
Personally I don't like the searchmachine on the forum itself, I use an outside search. Put in the words, for instance: 'castle story lantern building materials' and voila.
I use this a lot!

roguebee
08-20-14, 05:18 AM
You'll find Maguar's spreadsheet to be a great reference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE#gid=155

chalupa2030
08-20-14, 06:24 AM
You'll have to get along with glue soon but I know your frustration. There is a document but I can't put the link up being on my phone I'll take a look at it and let you know.

Thank you thank you!! I so appreciate your help!

chalupa2030
08-20-14, 06:25 AM
Whenever I need to know something about a building, item, etc. I use a searching machine.
Personally I don't like the searchmachine on the forum itself, I use an outside search. Put in the words, for instance: 'castle story lantern building materials' and voila.
I use this a lot!

Yes! I actually did that yesterday! Thank you.

chalupa2030
08-20-14, 06:26 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE#gid=155

I will def check that out.

Thanks everyone so much!

I will be back I'm sure:)

chalupa2030
08-21-14, 06:25 PM
Hey guys ~ I should mainly work freeing Ivy right? I think my friend told me the same thing. But pop ups keep telling me to buy this or that building.

I'm on lvl 12 now!

chalupa2030
08-24-14, 10:25 AM
Is 50 the highest level? I have not see anyone past that.

Oh! I freed Ivy and got my potion shop!

What is the next main thing I should work on? I am still trying to build the last two buildings.

PikaSquirrel
08-25-14, 03:35 PM
Is 50 the highest level? I have not see anyone past that.

Oh! I freed Ivy and got my potion shop!

What is the next main thing I should work on? I am still trying to build the last two buildings.

Yes, level 50 is the highest at the moment.

chalupa2030
08-25-14, 06:43 PM
Thank you! I'm feeling neglected and ignored:(

tigarlilyvol
08-26-14, 04:35 AM
I believe I started working towards Thurstons's expansion to free him and start another set of goals

chalupa2030
08-26-14, 05:33 AM
Ok! Good! I have two expansions ready to go, I just need wisp lanterns! Seems like I should have oodles, but nope! Lol! I also saw a neighbor on level 10 with a young man walking around ~ I am level 13 and I don't have him!

I want him. He is cute:)

meme1098
08-26-14, 06:43 AM
That's Thurston. Look to the east in your kingdom. You'll see a guy shivering in his skivvies. Another fun goal unlocked when you reach him. Course, he's kind of a doofus as you'll find out as the story unfolds.

chalupa2030
08-26-14, 07:22 AM
That's Thurston. Look to the east in your kingdom. You'll see a guy shivering in his skivvies. Another fun goal unlocked when you reach him. Course, he's kind of a doofus as you'll find out as the story unfolds.

Oh but it wasn't Thurston! I have a picture, but will need to ask my neighbor to post. I thought it was too, but he was still shivering over in the forest!

Double checked! He is def there and she is level 10 and I'm lvl 13.

kooky panda
08-26-14, 07:55 AM
The game says you have to get to ivy before you can get your potion shop. The potion shop is the only way to get glue. I can't expand to ivy because I don't have enough royal points. I can't get royal points, because the royal buildings require glue to construct. I can't build anything without this glue, and can't get a potion shop, help please:confused:

Thread has now gone off topic of the original question.
Closing thread since question has been answered.

Also please note that there are threads for each goal/quest, so please search or use the game guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide) to find an existing thread before starting a duplicate thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-(1-16-12))
You can post a new question on the existing thread.
This will prevent tons of duplicate threads and keep all the information in one place.

Thanks!