PDA

View Full Version : Formulaic Goals and Counter Consolidation---Some Suggestions

parkerchempro
08-18-14, 04:23 PM
Before I start, I want to assure TeamLava that I appreciate all the hard work you do, especially bringing us new monthly goals as well as weekly content. Thank you!!

With that said, I have some suggestions. First, formulaic goals.

The goal sets all follow the same basic pattern-beginning with buying flooring and wallpaper and ending with making a certain number of the final dish on the second new appliance. This is getting very boring. It's always the same thing!

1. Before my mother ever let me try something new in the kitchen, I had to prove to her that I had the basic s****s mastered. This is a perfect opportunity to dust off those basic appliances and make some of the older dishes. When was the last time you baked a Chocolate Cake or Jam Cookies? It's been a very long time for me! Shouldn't our baking s****s be tested before we get shiny new appliances?

2. I don't know about you folks but every time I throw a party or have a get-together, I always have to restock the early dishes. The pretzels run low, the hors d'oeuvres run out, and the punch bowl goes dry. Have us make some of those first dishes again...especially the short time ones.

3. I would really like to see some new dishes that take more than 12 hours.

4. And there are ALWAYS last minute changes to seating as someone brings more than I had planned on. That +1 just became a +4 and I'm dragging out the card table and chairs!

Counter Consolidation

I LOVE new content! I think all of us do! But it would be really nice to be able to change counters easily. First, let me explain:

Counter consolidation is what happens when you have full counters with at least 2 of them containing the same dish, and then you add something new. All counters containing the same food are 'consolidated'....all grouped onto a single counter per dish. The problem is that new food ALWAYS goes on the OLDEST counter! Is there any way to make it so that new food, as well as consolidations, can go onto the NEWEST counters? This way, we could swap out counters.

Thank you very much for all your attention and all your hard work! :cool:

zaaracake
08-20-14, 11:42 PM
I really love the tone in which Parker writes...more ideas on how to add variety to goals...hmmm....lemme think...

lwcgrad
09-02-14, 08:47 AM
I'd love to be able to move food to new counters also

applesmcgee
09-02-14, 02:53 PM
Yes I really want to be able to move food around on the counters too.