PDA

View Full Version : Fertiliser. What is it for?

wilferos
08-18-14, 01:20 AM
I keep gathering fertiliser from cows, stables and the conservatory. I maxed out and I have not an idea what to use it for. Please any idea?

hugpete
08-18-14, 01:34 AM
Used in some goals; also in the Greenhouse for crafting. Can't think of where else atm.

Chaotarch
08-18-14, 01:47 AM
Need for "Grow Dark Seeds" and "Grow Faeriebulb Seeds" in the greenhouse.
=> Dark Seeds for Belladonnas Incriptions

PurpleScorpion76
08-18-14, 03:21 AM
I know the feeling I've been collecting it for around 10 levels now and the only use so far has been a timed event if I remember correctly. I'd forgotten what it looked like! Lol.

brandonu
08-18-14, 12:58 PM
You will need so much of it at some point that it will make your head spin.

When in doubt, max it out!

wilferos
08-23-14, 12:03 AM
thanks for the replies! Hugpete and Chaotarch!

vednir
08-23-14, 12:47 PM
You'll need it to grow the dark seeds for the sister, sister goal and you'll need well over 99.

Squidlish
08-23-14, 08:24 PM
You will come to CHERISH that fertilizer, let me tell you.
When you get to the Sister-Sister quest... I had built 10!!! conservatories, had 8 cows, and 5 sheep -- and could NEVER get enough fertilizer.
So enjoy being maxed on it.

(As an aside --- is anyone else concerned that our stock of PIGS don't drop fertilizer? The poor piggies in our land must be seriously backed up!!!)

forkyfork99
08-24-14, 10:22 AM
Ahh the good ol' days when I was maxed. Before I built 4 conservatories for myself.

Yes, treasure the days you are maxed on it. That and the glimmer shards and glimmer fragments.

Wish there was something to use them in the meantime, but unfortunately you have to wait for the goal in greenhouse to open up :(

zenobia42
09-09-14, 01:07 PM
I have maxed out my faeriebulb seeds at 50, and fertilizer at 99 and no use for either of them. However my greenhouses have a "Grow Faeriebulb Seeds" available for me to craft. Is this something I can craft in order to stock up on something ("What grows from the Faerie seeds?" it says, and I do not know) I will need later? I am nowhere near getting to Sister, Sister yet BTW.

ShibuyaCloth
09-09-14, 01:17 PM
Hold on your faeriebulb seeds at around 48, if you have more grow them. You get a random bonus. Mostly farm products, but quite often a little energy boost.

8hat
09-09-14, 01:20 PM
I'm no where near Sister Sister either but a while back I went ahead and got the greenhouse. I've planted a few Faeriebulb seeds just to check it out and it seems like random produce: a magic fruit or two, tomatoes, cabbage, glimmerbulbs, more Faeriebulb seeds, sometimes a couple of energy...mind you it's only a couple of these items each time but it seems to be pretty random. Grow one and see what you get...that is, of course if you have the time to re-max out on the fertilizer.

zenobia42
09-09-14, 01:28 PM
Ah, so it's just a random thing, kinda like the "Feed the Baron" in the kitchen. I will do one just for fun now. Thanks, guys :)

PurpleScorpion76
09-09-14, 02:34 PM
Does that option come up in a certain point in the game (faerie bulb seeds etc) I've only got the 3 options so far in my conservatory visible with the dark seed etc greyed out.

zenobia42
09-09-14, 02:48 PM
Does that option come up in a certain point in the game (faerie bulb seeds etc) I've only got the 3 options so far in my conservatory visible with the dark seed etc greyed out.

I am pretty sure that greenhouse craft came up after faeriebulb seeds started dropping. Which was triggered by a quest near the end of the Faerie Respite quest line. They can drop from harvesting glimmerbulbs after that point in the quest line, and from a level 5 Faerie Respite.

roguebee
09-09-14, 03:53 PM
Hold on your faeriebulb seeds at around 48, if you have more grow them. You get a random bonus. Mostly farm products, but quite often a little energy boost.

That's great advice that I follow. Once I get around 48/49, I plant them. No sense letting them go to waste when the greenhouse is empty. One benefit I didn't see mentioned is that often the random item will be added to your inventory even though you are maxed out. I have 106 glimmerbulbs right now because I very seldom do the magic food trade, so they are maxed out. Yet, when I get one from here, it is added to the inventory. There's been a couple of other items I've noticed the same about.

zenobia42
09-09-14, 06:15 PM
Got a glimmerbulb and 4 energy. Not bad for stuff that would have gone to waste due to inventory being full! Thanks for all the advice - good, as it always is here. :)