PDA

View Full Version : Why so much negativity ... Food for thought

tcgms17
08-17-14, 07:43 AM
Even though not asked for, I'm going to chime in my 2cents worth ... Folks, this is a great game! Does everything please everyone ... Of course not, me included. The forum has become such a negative place lately ... Express opinions (good & bad) in a polite way. TL works hard to give us a game to play that is for new players as well as long time players ... Those that buy a lot of gems & packs, those that don't ... Finding a happy medium for everyone's tastes and playing levels isn't easy. It's obvious that Our great CS Mods & developers listen to us, pass information along, make adjustments, etc. I remember last summer there were no updates, this summer there has consistently been something new to work on that were not all story line related, thus optional to do or not.

I've been playing CS for 18 months, tried many other games (my Cloud of deleted games is bursting), this is the best one out there IMO. Most of us must think so or why not just stop playing.

Ask yourself, do you want the forum shut down? Imagine updates without all the helpful information we get here. Imagine not having the support or high fives that we get both in the forum and on our walls. What if we lost those ... All the great people we have met through this game by simple messages on walls. I for one don't want that ... It's the total Community game okay that makes this one so special.

So Castle Story mods, developers, my thanks for giving so many a great game!

WorldOfMakeBelieve
08-17-14, 08:47 AM
I think it awesome that you are respecting the spirit of the forum topics and started a separate thread about this.

I was so dismayed today - I had the house to myself, fresh cup of coffee and settled down to review a forum discussion only to be hit with page after page of negativity. I started a thread in the suggestion forum hoping to get some relief.

To follow your lead......
Team Lava, thank you for a great game! It has brought me hours of fun! Keep up the good work!

jptheripper
08-17-14, 08:56 AM
this is my favorite game by far.

katbtodd
08-17-14, 09:12 AM
Wonder feed back,,we need to keep the forum positive ,,and informative,,,

tcgms17
08-17-14, 09:31 AM
Thanks for your comments ... Let's spread the word ... And maybe that word is "respect" ... Perhaps we can get the forum back to the way it once was. We have always been able to voice opinions (good & bad) without being such a negative "feeding" ground.

crystalrayn3
08-17-14, 09:41 AM
even though not asked for, i'm going to chime in my 2cents worth ... Folks, this is a great game! Does everything please everyone ... Of course not, me included. The forum has become such a negative place lately ... Express opinions (good & bad) in a polite way. Tl works hard to give us a game to play that is for new players as well as long time players ... Those that buy a lot of gems & packs, those that don't ... Finding a happy medium for everyone's tastes and playing levels isn't easy. It's obvious that our great cs mods & developers listen to us, pass information along, make adjustments, etc. I remember last summer there were no updates, this summer there has consistently been something new to work on that were not all story line related, thus optional to do or not.

I've been playing cs for 18 months, tried many other games (my cloud of deleted games is bursting), this is the best one out there imo. Most of us must think so or why not just stop playing.

Ask yourself, do you want the forum shut down? Imagine updates without all the helpful information we get here. Imagine not having the support or high fives that we get both in the forum and on our walls. What if we lost those ... All the great people we have met through this game by simple messages on walls. I for one don't want that ... It's the total community game okay that makes this one so special.

So castle story mods, developers, my thanks for giving so many a great game!

well said!!!

kudukuda
08-17-14, 09:58 AM
To be honest, since the icon update thread, I rarely read mst of the posts anymore. it's too depressing.

TL is working hard for us. And many of us play for free. While I admit that paying customers have a right to complain, there is a time and a place. Not every thread should be one full of complaints. And that is what I am feeling of late.

Moover
08-17-14, 10:29 AM
Hm, food for thought...
This thread is a bit of a Catch 22... A lot of complaining about complaining.
I see it this way: people are on this forum because they care! They wouldn't even be here w their complaints if they didn't like CS.

The game and forum reflects life as a whole. Most of us live pretty good lives, which we quickly take for granted. I mean, who praises running water, or a bus that arrives on time? I guess we should.

I love this game because it has humour, it lets people from all corners of the earth communicate and help each other, we build instead of blow things up. And the real time concept is great, you just have to put the game away after a while, and wait, plan ahead, prioritise. Just like in real life. There is a lot to learn about oneself here!

Thank you TL! Thank you fellow players!

chalupa2030
08-17-14, 10:41 AM
Hm, food for thought...
!

Touche'

How true is that I ask you!

And ~ in my defense....I just the other day blessed my running water! We have a severe drought here in Sacramento:(

tcgms17
08-17-14, 11:05 AM
Hm, food for thought...

Point taken ... So on a positive note ... This is a great game ... Thanks to all that make it so enjoyable, both players and at Team Lava!

WorldOfMakeBelieve
08-17-14, 11:39 AM
Hm, food for thought...
I see it this way: people are on this forum because they care! They wouldn't even be here w their complaints if they didn't like CS.

The game and forum reflects life as a whole. Most of us live pretty good lives, which we quickly take for granted. I mean, who praises running water, or a bus that arrives on time? I guess we should.

I love this game because it has humour, it lets people from all corners of the earth communicate and help each other, we build instead of blow things up. And the real time concept is great, you just have to put the game away after a while, and wait, plan ahead, prioritise. Just like in real life. There is a lot to learn about oneself here!

Thank you TL! Thank you fellow players!

Good point! I don't think the intention is to complain but to ask that all individuals are respectful of the avenues that have been established regarding communication. I actually agree regarding some of the issues that have been brought up.

The "discussions" forum has a tagline.....how best to rule and grow your kingdom.... There is also a forum for "bugs & issues" and one for "suggestions".

After reviewing the forum rules it appears to me (I may be wrong), that some communications have extended beyond a "discussion" level to something being more appropriate to the "bugs & issues" or "suggestions" forums. My issue is that I am having a difficult time acquiring information about "how best to rule and grow your kingdom" in the "discussions" forum. I am utilizing the tool available to me for a resolution - the "suggestions" forum with the hope that I can get some help.

How is that for real life? Identifying an issue and then working within the system for resolution. BONUS: communicating with people who challenge you. Thank you for your post. It pointed out to me that I was not communicating as well as I could have. I needed to "up my game" to be better understood. I hope I did a better job.

Real life? People bringing out the best in each other. You did that for me and I have not even gotten out of bed yet!

Thank you to my fellow players and to TeamLava for providing us with such a great game!

Abigail260
08-17-14, 06:59 PM
I second this thought. I really enjoy this game and thank those involved in giving me a great game!!!

jim23cash
08-17-14, 11:37 PM
I love this game, and I love the forums. They are both pretty important parts of my daily life. I'm not well, and it gives me a place to escape some of my world. I was asking the posters to express their views without being so mean or negative. Respectfully is a good way to put it. Unfortunately, after reading pages of seriously negative feedback, I responded negatively myself. It was not one of my proudest forum moments. I'm sorry for what I said. I believe that people should be able to say what they like or don't like, and I believe paying and non-paying players should have equal rights. I only wished that people would be constructive in their critiscm, and not mean or hurtful to the developers or other players.
All of that negativity affects us too. I'm sorry I let it get to me. My own health issues have made me a little stressed and sensitive right now. Anyway, the point is, negativity is contagious, and hurtful. If you have a complaint, just make it respectfully. I would like for our community to work together. I'm hoping from here forward we can play well together. Peace! Mwah! Annie :)

SpiritWind00
08-17-14, 11:58 PM
I have decided to embrace the new colours and go deco mad in my kingdom (oops, Queendom!). I am so thankful we have a place to come and share our gaming experience, I think the woohoo thread is the best thread we have. I LOVE reading about our successes. Let's focus on those, it's just as easy.

And you know what's also awesome? The amount of new first time posters! And level 50 players coming and sharing for the first time. Can you remember hitting the post button for the first time, a bit scary, but a fun moment.

The summer colours will come and go. At least we have a storage facility - love my Tardis shed! ;) :) :)

applesmcgee
08-18-14, 08:19 AM
I approve of this thread :) Even if an update to the game is not to some people's liking there are better and more constructive ways to give feedback than just whining about it. Agree with jim cash, constructive criticism and feedback without getting personal about the developers is fine, but a lot of the posts crossed a line, eg posts about the developers' genders. Really inappropriate and made me very uncomfortable with the tone here. And no, this isn't "complaining about complaining". I think it's good to have opinions and it's totally fine to not like something, but there is a positive/constructive way to talk about those thoughts, and a negative/destructive way. The difference is key to keeping an online community harmonious.

Love this game :)

katbtodd
08-18-14, 10:51 AM
I love this game, and I love the forums. They are both pretty important parts of my daily life. I'm not well, and it gives me a place to escape some of my world. I was asking the posters to express their views without being so mean or negative. Respectfully is a good way to put it. Unfortunately, after reading pages of seriously negative feedback, I responded negatively myself. It was not one of my proudest forum moments. I'm sorry for what I said. I believe that people should be able to say what they like or don't like, and I believe paying and non-paying players should have equal rights. I only wished that people would be constructive in their critiscm, and not mean or hurtful to the developers or other players.
All of that negativity affects us too. I'm sorry I let it get to me. My own health issues have made me a little stressed and sensitive right now. Anyway, the point is, negativity is contagious, and hurtful. If you have a complaint, just make it respectfully. I would like for our community to work together. I'm hoping from here forward we can play well together. Peace! Mwah! Annie :)

We all have our reasons, personal or health wise.. Why we turn to this games.. To fill some void in our life's, thanks god for TL and there teams ,To help us through our life's

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 12:20 PM
This has turned out to be good thread:)

katbtodd
08-18-14, 12:39 PM
Yes it has,,,, we all have our reason why we play and love the game

jbfps116
08-26-14, 05:59 AM
I am usually a pessimist, but I love this game and everything about it. No game is perfect, and I use this little game as a special way to beautify and grow my little world, even if it is only a collection of electric bits!!
My ONLY concern is that there's no way to undo accidental gem purchases. I think it honestly should have been addressed by now. I would love to have a bank to lock up my gems and make interest on them instead of accidentally throwing them away!! :)

tigarlilyvol
08-26-14, 07:01 AM
I am usually a pessimist, but I love this game and everything about it. No game is perfect, and I use this little game as a special way to beautify and grow my little world, even if it is only a collection of electric bits!!
My ONLY concern is that there's no way to undo accidental gem purchases. I think it honestly should have been addressed by now. I would love to have a bank to lock up my gems and make interest on them instead of accidentally throwing them away!! :)

Yes, we have all fallen into that trap. I just finally convinced myself it is part of playing the game like fighting the boars use up your energy and yell oh no and move on. It is all part of the game just don't let it get you down.

jimboser
08-26-14, 08:37 AM
The question was asked, 'Why so much negativity'. I'm sure that you'll get various answers depending on who answers the question.

To me, there is a lot of frustration with a perceived indifference by TeamLava with what the community here has asked for repeatedly, and our pleas not being heard. A few examples:

Still no confirmation on speedups, leading to gem traps.
Community repeatedly asking for smaller decorations, not larger. Also more space to put decorations for those that want these out.
Large decorations that drop nothing useful, the Pyre event being a prime example.
A new icon that many found offensive, and totally non-representative of the game itself. Despite a color change, it's still the same non-representative icon.
Poor communication from TeamLava regarding community concerns. Repeated posts of 'We're looking into it, we value your feedback, you'll come to love it' are not helpful.
Repeated polls asking what we'd like, and little followup on the suggestions.

All of this builds and builds, those that love the game and want to see it expand, and build their kingdoms want to know that they are being heard and have a real conversation (that's both sides talking), and when that doesn't happen, tempers flare, people get grumpy, and the whole mess spirals.

Right now, the ball seems to be in TL's court. ignoring the pleas of the users, and otherwise burying their heads in the sand will not make the problems go away. Open conversation where details are discussed, priorities set, and users having real involvement will go a long way towards helping.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-26-14, 09:13 AM
*standing ovation with uproarious applause*
Well said, jimboser.

Queenzod
08-26-14, 10:17 AM
Golly, Jimboser! Who knew you were smart *and* funny? ;)

That says it all for me.

jimboser
08-26-14, 11:05 AM
Golly, Jimboser! Who knew you were smart *and* funny? ;)

Only those that read my posts. ;)

What is it that strikes a spark of humor from a man? It is the effort to throw off, to fight back the burden of grief that is laid on each one of us. In youth we don't feel it, but as we grow to manhood we find the burden on our shoulders. Humor? It is nature's effort to harmonize conditions. The further the pendulum swings out over woe the further it is bound to swing back over mirth. -- Mark Twain

michieboony
08-27-14, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your refreshing take on this. I am a fairly new forum resident and am thrilled with the help I have received to advance my game. I agree that the choice to continue playing rest solely with each player and choosing to spend real dollars on gems or new player packs is also a personal gaming option. Please can we all just get along and respect the forum for the real purpose it was intended. There are pages and pages of redundant complaints which if I had encountered as a first time forum visitor, I would surely have ran the other way and not joined. Thanks folks for each and every gem I have received, let's continue to support this awesome game and each other. 😍😍😊😃😄

stuffedmounts
08-27-14, 11:59 AM
I haven't read the forums much lately and don't know what negativity this thread is referring to but I will say that what jimboser said a few posts before mine makes a lot of sense. Additionally, this is a message forum on the internet. As a general rule of thumb you can expect a wide variety of opinions and commentary. You have to take the good and the bad (but not abusive) together. If that's asking too much then maybe some thicker skin is in order. That goes for everyone; forum patrons, moderators, TL staff, all of us - the whole CS community.

tentalen
09-05-14, 07:07 AM
Only those that read my posts. ;)

What is it that strikes a spark of humor from a man? It is the effort to throw off, to fight back the burden of grief that is laid on each one of us. In youth we don't feel it, but as we grow to manhood we find the burden on our shoulders. Humor? It is nature's effort to harmonize conditions. The further the pendulum swings out over woe the further it is bound to swing back over mirth. -- Mark Twain

Excellent. Great viewpoint and awesome Twain quote. Thank you Jim