PDA

View Full Version : Gem Advice wanted!!

jbfps116
08-16-14, 11:13 PM
Hi, I just bought what will be my last batch of gems. after buying a mermaid pond I have 204 gems left. There's quite a few buildings and animals I can get now... What is good? I was thinking about a Wizard school... how much energy does it give you per collection?
Do some things like reindeer stable go on sale during christmas?
gem items I already have:
sheep, white cow, pig, magic fruit tree, lemon, orange, apple trees, multi color hedge, maple tree, red trillium,
I just want to use my last paid gems wisely!!
My id is jbfps116
come visit my kingdom!
thanks

SpiritWind00
08-16-14, 11:21 PM
My vote is to get the school. Once you level it up you get 10 energy every 4 and a bit hours. There are several threads dedicated to this question recently, so have a little scroll through the first few pages. Lots of players responded, so you'll be sure to get some good advice. ;)

EBJW
08-16-14, 11:23 PM
If you look back on the forum you'll find this question being asked before; and the answer is always wizzard school! :o

8hat
08-17-14, 05:52 PM
Yes, everyone will tell you wizard school...but I just don't like that building. Yes, I am missing out on energy but I want my kingdom to look how I want it to look and that building is not right for my kingdom. I had been saving for the Mithril Dragon but then it was my birthday and I got an ipad mini, meaning I switched my games to my new device and off my work phone. There had been lots of 'install me and play to certain level' games that gave quests for gems and I was so close to to the 400 gems but about 40 short so I bought gems (really no need to because another gem friendly game came out the next day). Today I had my first collection from said Mithril Dragon and he was so totally worth it...not trying to sway you off the wizard thing but just saying...:)

jbfps116
08-24-14, 01:50 AM
thanks all, I went with the school... It's OK.. does help some with energy, though finding books to upgrade it is ridiculously hard! Does that mythril dragon give energy like some others? I have no dragons at all so dragon scales...? but mythril is cool

jbfps116
08-24-14, 01:51 AM
I'm now saving gems heading into the holidays, in case some special items come out. I missed the Valentine's last year... I wonder what's up this year?!

8hat
08-25-14, 06:23 AM
I've only had he mithril dragon in adult form for a couple of weeks and I don't think I saw any energy drop from him but that's one of my first collections of the morning so I'm usually in a flurry of clicking things. I'll try to keep an eye on it the next few collections and see if he does drop energy. I am lovin' me some mithril and dragon scales though :)

29vanilla
08-27-14, 08:29 PM
I need advice too. I just got Thurston so not very far along in all the story lines. I have the flowering bush, no valentine plants ��; so wondering if I should keep saving gems for wizard school or buy a red trillium plant first? I like that it's only 1 energy for the flower bush but there's no guarantee on red petals. Will the rest of the game play require a lot of red petals?

SpiritWind00
08-27-14, 09:23 PM
I need advice too. I just got Thurston so not very far along in all the story lines. I have the flowering bush, no valentine plants ��; so wondering if I should keep saving gems for wizard school or buy a red trillium plant first? I like that it's only 1 energy for the flower bush but there's no guarantee on red petals. Will the rest of the game play require a lot of red petals?

Yes, lots. I love the plant. I only have 1 but then I do have the hedge and if I need to can pull out valentine flowers. You can't go wrong with 1 red trillium. Red petals are used in so many future goals. I would get one for sure over the other gem items if I were you (and I'm a huge fan of wizard school!).

zenobia42
08-27-14, 09:40 PM
Yes, lots. I love the plant. I only have 1 but then I do have the hedge and if I need to can pull out valentine flowers. You can't go wrong with 1 red trillium. Red petals are used in so many future goals. I would get one for sure over the other gem items if I were you (and I'm a huge fan of wizard school!).

I agree. Red petals are required more often than any other color, and at many stages of the game from what I have seen - usually for timed quests as well. I assume that is the case precisely because one must spend gems to get a reliable source of red petals. Though I actually DID get a red trillium once from an adventure... but waiting for one to drop from a adventure as your only source is not advisable. In my last 43 adventures, I have only gotten a useful drop from 5 of them. And a useful drop does not mean the one you want if there is one you really want, lol.

29vanilla
08-27-14, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will get the red trillium before I hit another gem trap. Lol. This is for my second account I have valentine plants in my 1st acct. I wish one of the valentine plants would drop red petals all the time. If there is one let know and I'll head back to the Love Shack for that game. Thanks again.

SpiritWind00
08-27-14, 11:45 PM
That's ok. Those valentine alternate with red and white or none or seedlings if I remember rightly, so no, not a guaranteed red petal drop every time. It sounds like a super move for you to get a red trillium on your second account.

29vanilla
08-28-14, 10:43 AM
Thank you again. Well I was hoping I was wrong but hey every 2-3 taps for pretty much a guaranteed red petal is better than a 4 hour wait and then maybe not get any.