PDA

View Full Version : Gift Requests Not Being Received

Bunhead7
08-15-14, 12:32 PM
I am having a problem when I sent out gift requests. For example today I sent out a request for all 100+ of my neighbors to gift me the cart wheels and I've only received 1 from Stormy. 2 of my neighbors live near me/I know and I sent each one a gift request and it did not show up for either of them. Any ideas why this might be?

iOS device: version 7.1.1 (upgraded after the request to 7.1.2 today)
BS version: 1.7.1
Device: Iphone 5

Thanks for any help - I have a lot of great neighbors and I know more than Stormy would have responded to my request.

LuckyFirefox
08-15-14, 02:15 PM
Requesting also has daily limits similar to Gifting. If you have sent your request to all of your Neighbors today, then those players may have received several requests as well and may not respond to your request today or may have reached their daily limit for sending requested items.

For your Neighbors who have not received your request today, we recommend that they force-close their game and restart it to refresh the game and see if they notice your request faster. You may force-close and restart your game to refresh your News/Goal tasks' progress.

nmishii
08-15-14, 03:39 PM
Requesting also has daily limits similar to Gifting. If you have sent your request to all of your Neighbors today, then those players may have received several requests as well and may not respond to your request today or may have reached their daily limit for sending requested items.

For your Neighbors who have not received your request today, we recommend that they force-close their game and restart it to refresh the game and see if they notice your request faster. You may force-close and restart your game to refresh your News/Goal tasks' progress.

In the past the answer to this question on the forum has been that the person is clogging their request system by sending out so many requests, as only 20 parts can be received back in a day. The other requests are received by the recipients on other days. I personally have seen a request from a neighbor for the first time on the second or third day, and I have less than 20 neighbors on all my games.

You are saying a person can only respond to so many requests in a day, implying that the "clogging" is also on the side of the person accepting the request. And how many requests can be sent by a person in a day - 20?

So if I send a request to only 10 neighbors, but late in the TL day, and some have already accepted the max requests, those neighbors will not see my request until my turn in their queue comes up, which could be the next day, or in any number of days? If I send a request for screws the next day before they see my earlier request for wiring, what happens to each request - will they get the screw request or the wiring request? Do the requests expire after a certain amount of days?

Thanks

ojapple96
08-15-14, 05:21 PM
Same thing here I haven't asked for any items until cart wheels a few minutes ago and friends in real life haven't received the request, it said my requests were sent and we all closed out and reopened BS. Maybe it's something with the cart wheels? I'm also curious about the above posters questions too. Are there a max you can send or receive relative to requests? That would be helpful to know and decrease frustration when it says request was sent so you are waiting for the neighbors to reply.

LuckyFirefox
08-22-14, 12:49 PM
Requests expire after 7 days. You can Request once a day to each Neighbor but you can only Accept 20 Requested items per day like Gifts. If you receive more Requested items than the daily limit of 20, then you can accept them the next day as part of your daily limit. Hope that helps!

brusquewindywoodland
08-27-14, 09:38 PM
That doesn't really help. Is there or is there not a cap on how many requests can be sent out? If I send out 50 do only the 1st so many count? I have never fulfilled 20 requests in a day & I have gotten requests that were 5 days old. I'm sure I could accomplish much more with alot less frustration if I just knew the rules we were playing by. Also, is there a proper?correct?certain?order for being able to (ultimately) send 1 person 2 gifts? The requested item & another of either their choice or yours. Is there a limit on how many gifts I can send?(i better double check while I'm here). My husband thanks u guys,he's spent 8/11 months working out of town & I haven't left the house once. J/K *thanks*

sally_brown
08-28-14, 07:32 AM
If you send 50 requests, only the first 20 count. The next 20 will roll over to the next day, and the final ten will roll over to the following day. (At least that's my understanding.) I don't know what would happen if you were to send 20 more on the second day. I imagine they would go to the end of the line.

brusquewindywoodland
08-30-14, 02:42 PM
Tq that would sure explains alot
QUOTE=sally_brown;956727]If you send 50 requests, only the first 20 count. The next 20 will roll over to the next day, and the final ten will roll over to the following day. (At least that's my understanding.) I don't know what would happen if you were to send 20 more on the second day. I imagine they would go to the end of the line.[/QUOTE]

ElaineCarrel
08-30-14, 06:17 PM
If you send 50 requests, only the first 20 count. The next 20 will roll over to the next day, and the final ten will roll over to the following day. (At least that's my understanding.) I don't know what would happen if you were to send 20 more on the second day. I imagine they would go to the end of the line.

I understand it the same way. I've also been told that if u send the same request to ALL ur nbrs that it'll clog ur sending requests and receiving items . What I do is if I need 10 of something I'll send out 15-20 requests especially if it's during a challenge and I also need to request parts for an appliance.

35sweets
09-26-14, 07:41 PM
Bakery Story vs 1.5.5.
Name: Isa
Kindle Fire HDX vs 13.3.2.6
My level is 30
I'm still confused. I have 70 neighbors. I can send out parts requests to everyone. I can only receive 20 responses back per day. Do those count toward the gifts you can receive? Are they two separate categories?
Thank you.

ElaineCarrel
09-27-14, 02:41 PM
Bakery Story vs 1.5.5.
Name: Isa
Kindle Fire HDX vs 13.3.2.6
My level is 30
I'm still confused. I have 70 neighbors. I can send out parts requests to everyone. I can only receive 20 responses back per day. Do those count toward the gifts you can receive? Are they two separate categories?
Thank you.
Parts requests and gifts count separately. Ull only receive 20 gifts per day. Ull only receive the 1st 20 parts requests that have been filled for that day also.