PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal?

Pages : [1] 2

ddwarer
08-14-14, 08:12 PM
It feels that I am gonna stuck on it forever. SO BAD!! Still get 6 to go...

meme1098
08-14-14, 08:15 PM
I only have 12 so I have 8 to go. I just can't seem to get enough trap plants. Have 10 pitcher plants & 11 rafflesia plants.

HistoryGirl7
08-14-14, 08:50 PM
Yes...just keep trucking :)

Queenzod
08-14-14, 08:59 PM
Yes, it does get finished, and then the memory of it will soon fade like a bad dream...

mcwrapper
08-14-14, 09:14 PM

5 to go for me. That's only because of the 100 gem skip on a previous goal that gave me 5 scrolls.

Castloninian
08-14-14, 10:45 PM
Yep, greatly helped by a large stock of plants at the beginning and the fortune teller glimmerbits at the end. It is a pain and slow going but you'll get there.

m1stery
08-15-14, 12:27 AM
I just finished it yesterday. That was a real pain of a goal!!! If I wasn't hindered by lack of glimmer bits than it was fertiliser! Thank God that goal is now over!

Anyuszko
08-15-14, 01:08 AM
Finished also, and I have now about 8 more inscriptions. Trying to collect about 20, then move forward the next fortune :)

brdwybaby
08-15-14, 03:14 AM
I've got 5 scrolls to go! It was really frustrating that one of the new quests today required 10 Glimmertrap Plants. :rolleyes:

ShibuyaCloth
08-15-14, 05:43 AM
I still need 8 glimmer pitcher plants to finish it. Then I am done with dark plant for a while. It is getting on my nerves.

echowuuu
08-15-14, 06:25 AM
I finished months ago

Liloze
08-15-14, 07:05 AM
Yes I finished it before the festival started.Just keep going and don't give up, this goal needs patience & perseverance :)

CottageRose
08-15-14, 11:12 AM
Finished also, and I have now about 8 more inscriptions. Trying to collect about 20, then move forward the next fortune :)
Hmmm... I think I have 5 or 6. I never contemplated doing an extra 20... Don't know if I can face that yet, although I do make extra seeds and plants to avoid being maxed on the glimmer supplies.

Blanche_Lady
08-15-14, 05:25 PM
Still 12 to go, at first i hated it, now i like having a background goal that is not important

ddwarer
08-15-14, 06:35 PM
I am always short on the pitcher, get only 2 now. And now the trap too, after the new update...

ddwarer
08-15-14, 06:37 PM
Yes, it is a bad dream...

CLOVERKAITO
08-15-14, 06:50 PM
I only have 7 inscriptions...

Majinga
08-15-14, 09:40 PM
So completing it doesn't trigger another quest or goal in the questline?

PrincessH06
08-15-14, 10:35 PM
Where do we collect shards from, besides the Glimmer Gate and Griselda's castle?

iAyun
08-16-14, 12:12 AM
Even with Glimmer Rock Fortune, I still have not finish this quest.. :eek:
So exhausting.....
I have just posted my wish: raised droprate of glimmer shards and glimmer pitcher plants at Tiny update annoucement (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71978-Tiny-update-to-some-rare-quest-item-droprates&p=950349&viewfull=1#post950349).
:D

jim23cash
08-16-14, 04:11 AM
Finished before festival. So glad it's over.

tigarlilyvol
08-16-14, 05:44 AM
Yes I finished with the new fortune teller when we had old logs everywhere

h72g
08-17-14, 12:29 PM
Just wondering: is the "send Belladonna plants" exchange still available after finishing the "sister sister" goal?

I have enough inscriptions now (thanks to the fortune teller tent), but have not given them, because I still think about making more inscriptions - just in case we need them some time again - and what else could you do with those plants?

Liloze
08-17-14, 01:05 PM
Just wondering: is the "send Belladonna plants" exchange still available after finishing the "sister sister" goal?

I have enough inscriptions now (thanks to the fortune teller tent), but have not given them, because I still think about making more inscriptions - just in case we need them some time again - and what else could you do with those plants?

Yes "Send Belladonna Plants" will still be in the royal exchange after finishing sister sister, I am trading some myself, just in case! :)

ddwarer
08-17-14, 07:29 PM
Even with Glimmer Rock Fortune, I still have not finish this quest.. :eek:
So exhausting.....
I have just posted my wish: raised droprate of glimmer shards and glimmer pitcher plants at Tiny update annoucement (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71978-Tiny-update-to-some-rare-quest-item-droprates&p=950349&viewfull=1#post950349).
:D
Seconded!!!!

rosewaterlily
08-17-14, 08:55 PM
I just finished it! Thank goodness for the glimmer rock fortune. I had seven inscriptions before I got it and was thinking it was going to take several years to finish at the rate things were going. I spent five gems to get the skunkupie for the opportunity to get 10 gems after tons of hard work. Hmm. I feel like we should get a banner or something that commemorates the finishing of this grueling task to show off in our kingdoms. :P

orleansparish
08-17-14, 09:01 PM
I still have a couple more to go. Takes forever to make those darn plants.

EBJW
08-17-14, 11:06 PM
I'm still working on the inscriptions: 5 more to go...

But:
Greselda stated clearly:
"How about we do this for 3 months and re-evaluate?

By my calculations the 3 months are over! Will we meet met Greselda after the World Event....?!

SpiritWind00
08-17-14, 11:50 PM
Yes your calculations are correct! I was wondering the same thing when considering whether or not to hit the Give button and finish the goal. In the end I decided to finish it off. Can't wait to see whether or not there might be inscriptions as rewards for something coming up. For those not finished, I sure hope there is. :) the waiting continues.....

55lee55
08-18-14, 04:21 AM
I have been sitting on my last Inscription for about a month now. Even made a couple extra for the heck of of it because they are rather attractive.

But I have not given over the last Inscription because when I do, I will be in that awful state of spending most of my time without a quest book. Been there, and it was very uncomfortable. It was like losing a security blanket, to have a missing Quest Book. So I will hold onto my last Inscription until TL comes up with another long term goal or forces me to finish Sister, Sister to move on with the story line. Then I will likely still be dragging my feet on quests so I can keep the little book in the corner. It is one of those things that you don't notice unless it goes away. Then the absence of the Quest Book left me feeling like I had come to the end of the game, and just didn't want to admit it was really the end.

For me, and I am sure I am in the minority, I was disappointed that Sister, Sister didn't last longer. I have it in my Quest Book, but only because I am not finishing on purpose. For me, finishing it would be sort of like turning out the lights and going home. I was too lucky with this one.

Any chance of another long term goal TL? Probably not since so many complained that they couldn't finish this one in a week. Sigh.

fluffybutter007
08-18-14, 09:37 AM
I have six inscriptions right now. I've been taking my time and crafting dark plants when I have enough supplies. I'll get to twenty eventually, but I'm not too worried. TL meant for this to be long term (although I'm probably taking longer than the devs excepted lol). I'll finish when I finish. I look at it like I looked at the badges, I was pretty pleased with myself when I got all of those and I'll be pleased with myself when I finish all the inscriptions. :)

brandonu
08-18-14, 10:48 AM
I have been sitting on my last Inscription for about a month now. Even made a couple extra for the heck of of it because they are rather attractive.

But I have not given over the last Inscription because when I do, I will be in that awful state of spending most of my time without a quest book. Been there, and it was very uncomfortable. It was like losing a security blanket, to have a missing Quest Book. So I will hold onto my last Inscription until TL comes up with another long term goal or forces me to finish Sister, Sister to move on with the story line. Then I will likely still be dragging my feet on quests so I can keep the little book in the corner. It is one of those things that you don't notice unless it goes away. Then the absence of the Quest Book left me feeling like I had come to the end of the game, and just didn't want to admit it was really the end.

For me, and I am sure I am in the minority, I was disappointed that Sister, Sister didn't last longer. I have it in my Quest Book, but only because I am not finishing on purpose. For me, finishing it would be sort of like turning out the lights and going home. I was too lucky with this one.

Any chance of another long term goal TL? Probably not since so many complained that they couldn't finish this one in a week. Sigh.

I just wanted to let you know that even when you finish Sister, Sister; you will still have the option to trade dark plants with Belladonna and you will still receive inscriptions.

reliquary
08-18-14, 11:19 AM
So I know someone mighta asked this before but what happens after you finish? Just your goal books goes away?

katbtodd
08-18-14, 01:11 PM
So I know someone mighta asked this before but what happens after you finish? Just your goal books goes away?

There will always be a new goal... It seems like we get one a week... So don't worry... My friend,,, if it does go... It will come back ,,, I promise

55lee55
08-19-14, 10:10 AM

Your Quest Book goes away.

It comes back temporarily when a new quest that you have not done is introduced, but as soon as you complete that quest it goes away again.

Meanwhile you can set your own personal quests. Someone awesome (sorry, don't remember who but you can search) put a tremendous effort in listing possible quests to do when the game is done with you. The problem of course, is that if you are maxed out on everything it can often take a day or less to do a quest that new or mid level players take several weeks to complete, so expect to spend much of your time without a Quest Book. Fortunately there are some options.

TL made a great effort to cure the loss of Quest Book problem with the long term quest Sister, Sister. Unfortunately those who have full Quest Books and plenty of other things to do as well pitched such a fit that TL stopped everything for several weeks to give them, and of course those of us without Quest Books, plenty of time so they could hurry through the one quest meant for those of us who had reached the point where we needed a long term quest so as to keep a quest book in our kingdoms. What this ended up doing was rushing us all through Sister, Sister because those with plenty of things on their plate couldn't just ignore this one and play the game. They had to raise such a hullabaloo that TL will likely never again give us a long term quest, so that once we give that last Inscription those of us who have completed the game as far as it currently goes, will sit and wait with no Quest Book for the large part of the time.

Had I not had such wonderful neighbors, I would have deleted the game when I first ran out of Quests, but I stayed in the hope that TL would do what they did, give us a long term quest. But thanks to those who complained endlessly and probably still are complaining because they couldn't finish Sister, Sister in a week, don't count on having a Quest Book for most of the time once you finish all of the quests in it. Unless you rarely play, you have reached the end of the game itself, and must await TL's pleasure to add to the story line or to run such Community Events as they have going now.

But I suggest you don't count on TL to keep you occupied. They tried, but I think most, excluding me and a few others who had been sitting in kingdoms bereft of Quest Books, will not tolerate it should TL give us another long term quest similar to Sister, Sister. I suspect the quest which the majority should have put on their lowest priority and continued to play the game as intended, instead produced the largest number of complaints of any single quest in CS history. I am not holding my breath for another long term quest from TL for those of us who will lose our Quest Books when we send in the last Inscription.

Since Sister, Sister was introduced, and my Quest Book came back, I would say the vast amount of time it was the only quest in my book, meaning had it not been for Sister, Sister, I would have been out of the game for most of the last few months. It seems the new and mid level players object if they don't get a new quest every week, despite the fact that they have plenty of unfinished game left to play. Those of us who have run out of game are therefore out of luck until or if TL decides to extend this game forward.

This is why I have not finished Sister, Sister, even though I could have done so long ago, unfortunately due to good luck. For me, playing without a quest book makes me feel left out, and just because I can still make useless Inscriptions, the point is that the game is ended for me when I don't have a Quest Book. I am of course happy when the updates include new quests, but unless they challenge those of us with our resources maxed, and move the game forward, something the majority of players seem to be railing against, within a few hours to a day, I will once again be without a Quest Book, and be relying upon the company of my wonderful neighbors to keep me coming back.

So the short answer is that yes, when you finish the game your Quest Book vanishes. It will not come back to stay.

So, when you lose your Quest Book you will need to come to terms with it some way. Leaving is not something I would suggest unless you played only for the game and not the companionship. Even then, it will come back occasionally. But after seeing the reaction to Sister, Sister I will be very surprised if TL ever introduces another long term goal, so we who are are done with the game as it is today, will need to find other ways to amuse ourselves while waiting for the occasional new quest to bring our Quest Books back for a day or two.

As grateful as I was to have Sister, Sister I understand why TL will likely never introduce another long term Quest. I liked it, but am in the minority on that one.

iAyun
08-19-14, 10:50 AM
How you define long term quest?
IMHO, 3 months is too long.. I will agree with you if by definition long term approx 1 month (2 max).
Before Sister, Sister, I also almost abandon the game (no more quest)..
But because of Sister, Sister, I also almost abandon the game (too long, boring, and exhausting).. :P
The dragons quest (get 3 dragon eggs, I forgot the quest name, too lazy to search) is one quest which I think a bit longer than usual and very challenging and exciting (because the prizes are worthy enough)...
Just my opinion.. This current world event is challenging but not exciting than the dragon quests..

Queenzod
08-19-14, 10:52 AM
I love it when my quest book disappears! It means I can concentrate on my own goals and not be bothered by annoying ads for games I don't want to play. :)

I don't know if Sister, sister had the most complaints. I'm thinking that honor belongs to the special dragons quest. There was like 800 pages of complaints and confusion over that one. Lol!

Liloze
08-19-14, 11:01 AM
Sister sister I guess was a test for all CS players, maybe TL wanted to see how we respond to such goals. I clearly remember that not every week we had an update, it is this year that TL started this "trend".
As far as The Quests / Goals book is concerned, for me it is either there or not.
I am a level 50 since ages now, I try to make my own goals while waiting for an update...
I have done 3 of them just finished( before the festival started ) like being maxed out on Lumin - Mythic- Enchanter's Essence, and once I use some, I try to max out on them again.
Also, beside chopping Stones like crazy, am trying to max out on dyes ( red- blue- yellow) and also Vital extract and floral glow.
On the side, I have 10 of The applepies / orange and lemonade
Working on all the adventures feasts in my kitchen, have 20 of each, replaced when used.
And also am maxed out on ALL the crops, replacing them directly when used.
Trying to max out also on Vital extract / Floral glow.
So I keep myself busy, and keeping my stock full at all times, Even wool ! with only 4 sheeps.
I think it is a matter of management and priorities, I usually take my time with any goal, and don't speed up with gems.
I like the challenges, though my luck with the random drop is nil lol. :)
I love this game because it keeps me busy even if there's no goal book.
One could make his own goals and keep having fun :)

kooky panda
08-19-14, 11:24 AM
Thread is getting a little off topic. Here is the topic of this thread:

Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72089-Has-anyone-ever-finished-the-quot-sister-sister-quot-goal) It feels that I am gonna stuck on it forever. SO BAD!! Still get 6 to go...

Thanks

reliquary
08-19-14, 11:34 AM
Maybe it's deep within the forum, but has TL ever hinted at an actual endpoint of the game? Ie. ruler is crowned, baron becomes an imp?
The whole story has so many threads and could go in a myriad of directions. That shrine is still sitting in the southwest, and the game is still very popular& profitable...hum?

This game, after playing for months now, is embedded in my daily schedule. I would hate for it to just end...or just become tedious and repetitive.

zoeee87
08-19-14, 06:58 PM
I finished! It was a sigh if relief!! Woohoo!

Liloze
08-20-14, 06:03 AM
@ Zoeee87 Congrats and high 5 :D

sabrinashal
08-21-14, 12:23 AM
Zoeee87 Congrats! same goes to all the players that finished that task

i still have it ... the plus side is that i am going to finish that one soon and that it is the only goal i have left :)

DrP4ever
08-21-14, 01:40 AM
Yes, I finished it. No gems just perseverance. Glad it's over. Not a fun one at all!

zoeee87
08-21-14, 05:49 AM
Thanks everyone! Keep on chugging away!! You can do it!!!!!

tanbi1
08-21-14, 08:47 AM
Your Quest Book goes away.

It comes back temporarily when a new quest that you have not done is introduced, but as soon as you complete that quest it goes away again.

Meanwhile you can set your own personal quests. Someone awesome (sorry, don't remember who but you can search) put a tremendous effort in listing possible quests to do when the game is done with you. The problem of course, is that if you are maxed out on everything it can often take a day or less to do a quest that new or mid level players take several weeks to complete, so expect to spend much of your time without a Quest Book. Fortunately there are some options.

TL made a great effort to cure the loss of Quest Book problem with the long term quest Sister, Sister. Unfortunately those who have full Quest Books and plenty of other things to do as well pitched such a fit that TL stopped everything for several weeks to give them, and of course those of us without Quest Books, plenty of time so they could hurry through the one quest meant for those of us who had reached the point where we needed a long term quest so as to keep a quest book in our kingdoms. What this ended up doing was rushing us all through Sister, Sister because those with plenty of things on their plate couldn't just ignore this one and play the game. They had to raise such a hullabaloo that TL will likely never again give us a long term quest, so that once we give that last Inscription those of us who have completed the game as far as it currently goes, will sit and wait with no Quest Book for the large part of the time.

Had I not had such wonderful neighbors, I would have deleted the game when I first ran out of Quests, but I stayed in the hope that TL would do what they did, give us a long term quest. But thanks to those who complained endlessly and probably still are complaining because they couldn't finish Sister, Sister in a week, don't count on having a Quest Book for most of the time once you finish all of the quests in it. Unless you rarely play, you have reached the end of the game itself, and must await TL's pleasure to add to the story line or to run such Community Events as they have going now.

But I suggest you don't count on TL to keep you occupied. They tried, but I think most, excluding me and a few others who had been sitting in kingdoms bereft of Quest Books, will not tolerate it should TL give us another long term quest similar to Sister, Sister. I suspect the quest which the majority should have put on their lowest priority and continued to play the game as intended, instead produced the largest number of complaints of any single quest in CS history. I am not holding my breath for another long term quest from TL for those of us who will lose our Quest Books when we send in the last Inscription.

Since Sister, Sister was introduced, and my Quest Book came back, I would say the vast amount of time it was the only quest in my book, meaning had it not been for Sister, Sister, I would have been out of the game for most of the last few months. It seems the new and mid level players object if they don't get a new quest every week, despite the fact that they have plenty of unfinished game left to play. Those of us who have run out of game are therefore out of luck until or if TL decides to extend this game forward.

This is why I have not finished Sister, Sister, even though I could have done so long ago, unfortunately due to good luck. For me, playing without a quest book makes me feel left out, and just because I can still make useless Inscriptions, the point is that the game is ended for me when I don't have a Quest Book. I am of course happy when the updates include new quests, but unless they challenge those of us with our resources maxed, and move the game forward, something the majority of players seem to be railing against, within a few hours to a day, I will once again be without a Quest Book, and be relying upon the company of my wonderful neighbors to keep me coming back.

So the short answer is that yes, when you finish the game your Quest Book vanishes. It will not come back to stay.

So, when you lose your Quest Book you will need to come to terms with it some way. Leaving is not something I would suggest unless you played only for the game and not the companionship. Even then, it will come back occasionally. But after seeing the reaction to Sister, Sister I will be very surprised if TL ever introduces another long term goal, so we who are are done with the game as it is today, will need to find other ways to amuse ourselves while waiting for the occasional new quest to bring our Quest Books back for a day or two.

As grateful as I was to have Sister, Sister I understand why TL will likely never introduce another long term Quest. I liked it, but am in the minority on that one.

LOL! Goal book goes away! Chuckle. My goal book will NEVER go away cos I'll never get an Alicorn part, so the goal book sits there permenantly!

aypeerez
08-21-14, 06:05 PM
I have been slogging away at it since it first appeared and despite some gem spending am still three inscriptions away from ending it due to getting lots of those stupid rafflesia plants when I had enough for the whole quest even when it first began. I had been persevering hoping we would get a black cat romping after Ivy when it ended. So looks like a big fat nothing - apart from the few gems promised on the task - to reward us for all the effort ???????

EBJW
08-21-14, 10:51 PM
I didn't finish yet, but I did get the Glimmer Rock Fortune a few days ago. Ah... so nice to be able to chop glimmer fragments whenever I want...! I made an inscription in a few days! Usually it took me 2 weeks! The only 'problem' now is fertiliser, I'm low on them now all the time ;)

cakeandpie
08-22-14, 04:18 PM
OK, so is the key to finishing this quest having a fortune teller tent? I don't have one, and I've only gotten 5 inscriptions since this whole thing started. It's so frustratingly slow I can't believe it. I gave my first inscription to "Sister Sister" and the next 4 to "A Little Persuasion." So I have one more to go to finish the Persuasion goal but 0 pitcher plants so probably another couple months just to get ONE more measly inscription. Then to finish "Sister Sister," I'd need 19 more!! That's like 5 more years of playing the game.

So again, I guess it must only be possible to finish this goal if you have the fortune teller tent?

roguebee
08-22-14, 07:40 PM
No, but without the fortune teller tent, you simply have to be patient. I'm finally at 10 but it has been a long slow slog. One bright note, the 5 you use for "A Little Persuasion" will count towards Sister, Sister.

EBJW
08-22-14, 10:11 PM
OK, so is the key to finishing this quest having a fortune teller tent? I don't have one, and I've only gotten 5 inscriptions since this whole thing started. It's so frustratingly slow I can't believe it. I gave my first inscription to "Sister Sister" and the next 4 to "A Little Persuasion." So I have one more to go to finish the Persuasion goal but 0 pitcher plants so probably another couple months just to get ONE more measly inscription. Then to finish "Sister Sister," I'd need 19 more!! That's like 5 more years of playing the game.

So again, I guess it must only be possible to finish this goal if you have the fortune teller tent?

Me personally am very happy with this fortune!
But you might wait for a while: In the quest 'sister, sister' Greselda says she wants to re-evaluate in 3 months. That's now. Maybe there's something happening in one of the next updates.....?! Maybe she'll be satisfied with all the inscriptions we've made so far....? Just speculating, of course.

And remember, when you buy the fortune teller tent, there are lots of fortunes to be done before you reach the glimmer rock-one (it won't take months, but still).

And Roguebee is right: once you finish 'a little persuasion' the inscriptions for that still stand, you can use them afterwards for 'sister,sister'! (not the other way round, though, so first complete 'a little persuasion'!)

cookie2crumble
08-23-14, 01:08 PM
No, but without the fortune teller tent, you simply have to be patient. I'm finally at 10 but it has been a long slow slog. One bright note, the 5 you use for "A Little Persuasion" will count towards Sister, Sister.

I have only got 8 inscriptions so still need another 12. It's a slow hard slog but the quest is sitting in the book and whenever I have enough supplies to send i do so. There is no rush.

EBJW
09-02-14, 03:54 AM
Yes, y e s, YES !! I'm sending for my last inscription, right now!!
Sigh.....

So glad, that's finally done!

However: I had given 10 inscriptions to 'sister, sister'. Because of that other nasty dark plants-quest ('a little persuasion') I kept the other ones in stock, so later on I'll have 10 in stock. And keep them there. I'm waiting for Greselda to finally do her re-evaluation, I'm too curious what happens if the goal isn't finished yet!
On the other hand: It's way past 3 months now, so if and when that re-evaluation pops up.....
?!

NB. and lots of thanx to the Glimmer Rock Fortune!!

iAyun
09-02-14, 07:52 AM
Yes, y e s, YES !! I'm sending for my last inscription, right now!!
Sigh.....

So glad, that's finally done!

However: I had given 10 inscriptions to 'sister, sister'. Because of that other nasty dark plants-quest ('a little persuasion') I kept the other ones in stock, so later on I'll have 10 in stock. And keep them there. I'm waiting for Greselda to finally do her re-evaluation, I'm too curious what happens if the goal isn't finished yet!
On the other hand: It's way past 3 months now, so if and when that re-evaluation pops up.....
?!

NB. and lots of thanx to the Glimmer Rock Fortune!!
Congrats!!
But your post a little bit scary.. :D
You guess that after the sister, sister quest there will be another quest which need more Belladonna's inscriptions (10 wow)?
I do not want to do it again... I hope this quest already proved that Ivy is as committed as Belladona..
So, no need to re-prove it again.. I hope.. :p

kudukuda
09-02-14, 11:10 AM
I just got my seventh inscription. I dont have the fortune teller's tent. Just hit 600 gems so may buy an alicorn. We'll see. For now it's very slow going. Only 13 more to go. If i die before i finish this, or if aliens take me to wherever oliverrr111 went, please take care of my kingdom for me till completion....

maz3girl
09-02-14, 11:21 AM
I only have 6 inscriptions total (and they are all applied to the 2 different goal lines somehow. They applied on their own, I did not choose or "give"). I cannot get pitcher plants to save my life, they are impossible at this point!

EBJW
09-02-14, 10:43 PM
Congrats!!
But your post a little bit scary.. :D
You guess that after the sister, sister quest there will be another quest which need more Belladonna's inscriptions (10 wow)?
I do not want to do it again... I hope this quest already proved that Ivy is as committed as Belladona..
So, no need to re-prove it again.. I hope.. :p

While I was working my behind of for 'sister, sister' ' a little persuasion suddenly popped up, demanding inscriptions as well, didn't see that coming, while we we're all complaining :p
And I fell into the trap having to make extra inscriptions, me so sad.

But no, I just don't want to close 'sister, sister', cause I'm hoping that storyline continues one day, want to see what Greselda has to say when she sees her quest unfinished. Greselda is my favourite, like to tease her a bit :rolleyes:

iAyun
09-02-14, 10:55 PM
While I was working my behind of for 'sister, sister' ' a little persuasion suddenly popped up, demanding inscriptions as well, didn't see that coming, while we we're all complaining :p
And I fell into the trap having to make extra inscriptions, me so sad.

But no, I just don't want to close 'sister, sister', cause I'm hoping that storyline continues one day, want to see what Greselda has to say when she sees her quest unfinished. Greselda is my favourite, like to tease her a bit :rolleyes:
Now I understand what you mean.. :D
*cheers*
Usually, new quest appears or can be played after the prerequisite quest has finished or done..
I also want to see that => separate quest/dialog because player not yet finish previous quest..
Maybe be like punishment.. :p (I just want to see player who finished too quick get upset or jealous :D)
I think It will be fun.. :D

EBJW
09-02-14, 11:37 PM
Now I understand what you mean.. :D
*cheers*
Usually, new quest appears or can be played after the prerequisite quest has finished or done..
I also want to see that => separate quest/dialog because player not yet finish previous quest..
Maybe be like punishment.. :p (I just want to see player who finished too quick get upset or jealous :D)
I think It will be fun.. :D

I can't imagine Greselda will re-evaluate as expexted: I wouldn't be surprised if she -when she finally shows up- punishes the players who have finshed the quest by giving those who haven't amnesty!

Hey, on the other hand, you never know, but one can hope ;)
(just pray she won't punish those who haven't finished by making them do even more inscriptions...!)(na, can't imagine, even Greselda won't be that cruel and stupid, cause there will be a rebellion when she does...!)

katbtodd
09-03-14, 02:14 AM
Still 5 to go,got my 15 th last night,, and still feels so far away

dala12
09-03-14, 03:56 AM
Today I got my fifth inscription, so I almost finished one goal, only need to go three times to her castle. But when I look back and know how many time I invested...I have to spent a lot of time for the rest! Pff

zakandcob
09-03-14, 07:08 PM
I FINALLY finished two days ago and I still get excited when I look at my goal book and IT'S NOT THERE!!!!! I think the fortune was a huge help..but still a very,very,very time consuming goal. Good luck and you'll get there :)

freesiawoods
09-04-14, 08:46 AM
Finished yesterday thanks to the log fortune which I am still hanging onto to stock up on glimmer bits.

belbar22
09-04-14, 09:28 AM
Still got 4 inscriptions to go. I am averaging 1 every six weeks or so and getting slower as too busy to play every couple of hours. My problem is the pitcher plants. I have enough of everything else. I hate this goal. I had the fortune but accidentally clicked a log 3 times and lost it. Otherwise I an sure I would have been finished by now. I really think that there should be more sources of shards and fragments and that dark seeds and the occasional plant should drop from Griselda's castle, Ivy's hut and from the summer gazebo. I have already said that I hate this goal!!!!

fluffybutter007
09-04-14, 09:39 AM
I have seven inscriptions as far. I'm on the log fortune, which helps tremendously with fragments and shards. My problem is that I'm always running low on fertilizer. I have all the dark seeds I need to get the dark plants, I just can't grow those dark plants without fertilizer! :/

Betsy0923
09-04-14, 11:03 AM
I only have 9 inscriptions, but I don't mind that Sister, Sister is taking so long. It gives me something to do while waiting for the next quest. I am at level 50 so I am able to finish most quests rather quickly, especially with the aid of the Forum. I love that I don't have to use gems to accomplish quests unless I am impatient. I rarely use gems (at least on purpose). I am working on upgrading my Wizard School and will probably get another when there is a pause in the action. Everything else is at level 5. I think this is the reason many players have more than one account.

dala12
09-06-14, 02:54 AM
I was wondering if you have already have the fruit tree can the goal still be done? I mean I read that you must tend the tree is that watering or can you pick the fruit instead also? I am at the cooking learning stage two. I need/have a couple of days before I get to that last challenge.

newzealander
09-07-14, 08:49 AM
Still going....at 16. I stuffed up the log fortune early on so never got the benefit of that. Pitcher plants are my nemesis...I get about one in ten of those.

katbtodd
09-07-14, 09:51 AM
Still going....at 16. I stuffed up the log fortune early on so never got the benefit of that. Pitcher plants are my nemesis...I get about one in ten of those.

I agree,,

belbar22
09-07-14, 03:45 PM

Snap. On 16 too, stuffed up on the fortune and can't get pitcher plants for love nor money.

Chaotarch
09-08-14, 03:41 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?52754-Woohoo!/page76

and i thougt the crazy shipower has finished before me:)
so this thread should renamed in: how many incription do you have atm?:rolleyes:

looked in my inventpry and see ten...

belbar22
09-08-14, 07:40 AM
Snap. On 16 too, stuffed up on the fortune and can't get pitcher plants for love nor money.

Yay. make that 17. Finally got a pitcher plant yesterday.

Rockylandia
09-08-14, 08:41 AM
I don't have the Fortune Teller Tent, so I still have only 14 although I have the plants to make a couple more. I was just hanging onto plants and dark seeds in case a quest came up requiring them. I figure it would be like that quest requiring five NEW inscriptions right after I'd turned several over.

silveryedges
09-08-14, 10:44 AM
I have finished sister sister a minute ago. Now it feels like something is missing. Lol.

Fingers crossed for the right plants coming up for everyone still working on it!!!

Btw every now and then a seed or even a plant come as rare drops from Grieelda's dark garden. That helped.

belbar22
09-08-14, 11:30 AM
I have finished sister sister a minute ago. Now it feels like something is missing. Lol.

Fingers crossed for the right plants coming up for everyone still working on it!!!

Btw every now and then a seed or even a plant come as rare drops from Grieelda's dark garden. That helped.

Congrats. I am sooooo jealous. Lol

newzealander
09-09-14, 10:35 PM
Yay. make that 17. Finally got a pitcher plant yesterday.

woohoo! You just leaped ahead! Still 16 here - it's taking me over a week each; almost 2 weeks actually. And that's using every possible source including the dark garden. Those pitcher's are rarer than the proverbial hen's teeth. More like the Loch Ness Monster's invisible friend. I think I will weep tears of joy when this goal finally leaves my screen. (Unless I pass away from old age first!)

GaSaKaDa
09-11-14, 05:17 AM
One to go, hope its worth it......

Shylore
09-12-14, 09:36 AM
I'm still on it as well, feel like it will never finish. Think this may be the worst quest of all quest of all games I've ever played. Hehee

vuvhappy
09-13-14, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know when the three months expire? I still need 7 to finish? :(

Queenzod
09-13-14, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know when the three months expire? I still need 7 to finish? :(

The three months expired about...two months ago, lol. As of a recent announcement, there are no pending updates to that piece of the story, although something may happen in the future. When you're done, you can heave a sigh of relief and get on with other stuff!

fiberterian
09-13-14, 09:03 PM
Can someone explain what was supposed to happen with the Glimmer Rock Fortune to help me with this quest? Because I think only got 3 or 4 fragments out of that quest. I keep seeing other folks posting about it being such a great help but that wasn't a huge help for me.

I'm currently at 10/20 on Sister, sister and 1/5 on A Little Persuasion (at one point I was 4/5 so I'm not sure what happened there).

Any advice on this quest line would be great. I feel like it is taking forever! I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I might not complete it this year...

EBJW
09-13-14, 11:08 PM
Can someone explain what was supposed to happen with the Glimmer Rock Fortune to help me with this quest? Because I think only got 3 or 4 fragments out of that quest. I keep seeing other folks posting about it being such a great help but that wasn't a huge help for me.

I'm currently at 10/20 on Sister, sister and 1/5 on A Little Persuasion (at one point I was 4/5 so I'm not sure what happened there).

Any advice on this quest line would be great. I feel like it is taking forever! I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I might not complete it this year...

Unfortunately you didn't read the messages how you should use this fortune...
The trick is not to finish it! Don't chop a log 3 times, just 2! How I did and do it: I buy a log, chop it twice, sell it, buy a new one, chop it twice, sell it, buy a.... and so on.

For me it helped huge, cause It was really bugging me. Sorry, don't know any other way...

meme1098
09-14-14, 07:18 AM

You can't give any inscriptions to sister, sister while you're working on the persuasion goal. (They disappear from persuasion and are applied to sister). So finish the persuasion goal first, then you can give all the rest to sister, sister.

Persuasion - have inscriptions
Sister, Sister - give inscriptions

cghost2
09-15-14, 07:24 PM
I think I'm the extremely unlucky one. I play the game every day and it has been at least 2 months since I got the sister and persuasion quests. I only got ONE inscription!!!!!! And that's the very first one we get when receiving the quests!!!! I'm sooooooo mad and have huge problem in trap plants. This will take me forever maybe 10 years to get 20 inscription in this speed. Ridiculous! :mad:

fluffybutter007
09-15-14, 07:49 PM
@cghost, I would totally trade you trap plants for pitcher plants! I don't seem to have any problems with the other two plants, but I can't seem to get pitcher plants. :/ At 7/20 inscriptions here, been working on it since TL gave it to us.

mnjcafe
09-16-14, 04:00 PM
I could not get pitcher plants for the longest time. Now my luck has changed... and I ONLY get pitcher plants, not the more common trap plants. So weird. Random drops! *shakes fist*

EBJW
09-16-14, 11:29 PM
The pitcher plants we're causing me huge trouble from beginning to end.
When I finally got my 20 inscriptions it suddenly turned: now they start dropping....

Somehow I'm not even surprised :cool:

ewoks1
09-17-14, 04:48 AM
Pitcher Plants are the ones causing me heartache too...I only need four of them to finish Sister, Sister and Getting them has been as slow and painful as digging a grave for elephants with a spoon. I have tons of the other two, but not Pitchers....trying to decide if I just gem it out and buy the final 4 so I can finish.

fiberterian
09-17-14, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately you didn't read the messages how you should use this fortune...
The trick is not to finish it! Don't chop a log 3 times, just 2! How I did and do it: I buy a log, chop it twice, sell it, buy a new one, chop it twice, sell it, buy a.... and so on.

For me it helped huge, cause It was really bugging me. Sorry, don't know any other way...

Well, drat. I totally missed that in the instructions. Looks like 2015 for me!

fiberterian
09-17-14, 06:37 PM
You can't give any inscriptions to sister, sister while you're working on the persuasion goal. (They disappear from persuasion and are applied to sister). So finish the persuasion goal first, then you can give all the rest to sister, sister.

Persuasion - have inscriptions
Sister, Sister - give inscriptions

Thanks, I think I must have misunderstood how the goals work. They can be a bit confusing at times. At least it's still fun!

squirrel8701
09-18-14, 05:10 AM
Anyone have a problem with Mythic Essence? It says to craft it but it is not showing in the Potion Shop. Please help!

ewoks1
09-18-14, 07:59 AM
I am crafting my FINAL inscription for Sister, Sister. I am so overwhelmed and happy I could cry. Think I might.

zoo123g
09-18-14, 08:02 AM
i have three to get

zoom9909
09-18-14, 09:00 AM
I FINALLY completed the Twisted Sister goal... can't say it was fun... I don't mind long term goals but this one is too repetitive!

meme1098
09-18-14, 10:46 AM
Anyone have a problem with Mythic Essence? It says to craft it but it is not showing in the Potion Shop. Please help!

Mythic essence opens up when you've done several steps in the adamant goal:

Post #497. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=825083&viewfull=1#post825083

scarletdragon18
09-18-14, 11:16 AM
I have 5 left. I'm steadily gaining glimmer trap plants. I'm having a problem keeping fertilizer on hand. It would be awesome if it could be an option to gift to neighbors.

iAyun
09-18-14, 11:18 AM
FYI, in my story here is the droprate percentage of dark plants.
(assume total 100 = 100%)
Glimmer Trap : Glimmer Pitcher : Glimmer Rafflesia
55 % : 12 % : 33 %
Here is the screenshot.. :D

JustKay
09-18-14, 04:46 PM
Pitcher Plants are the ones causing me heartache too...I only need four of them to finish Sister, Sister and Getting them has been as slow and painful as digging a grave for elephants with a spoon. I have tons of the other two, but not Pitchers....trying to decide if I just gem it out and buy the final 4 so I can finish.

The pitcher plants we're causing me huge trouble from beginning to end.
When I finally got my 20 inscriptions it suddenly turned: now they start dropping....

Somehow I'm not even surprised :cool:

The game seems to adjust rarity based on whether you have an outstanding goal for an item and if you have a low amount of that item. Due to a haitus, I only started on this goal in the last month or two. I have been keeping a ratio of 90:35:25 for the plants and this has allowed me to hack away at the goal at a reasonable rate (at 7 or 8 inscriptions). The key think I notice is that 20 seems to be a tipping point. Having less than 20 of anything results in a reduced drop rate (having zero make is extra hard). This makes sense since when a new goal comes out, and new items are introduced, people can't rush to complete it. Everyone has to start from that zero state. They have to slowly accumulate up to 20 items before then drop rate evens out.

So for all my items in my inventory I keep a floating supply above 20 (except stones and timber since those don't seem to be affected). So if you're the impatient type, and always use items as you get them, then you will revisit the 0 state many many times. It's tough resisting the urge, but once I'm up to 20 items it's a smoother process of accumulating items.

belbar22
09-19-14, 11:02 AM
The game seems to adjust rarity based on whether you have an outstanding goal for an item and if you have a low amount of that item. Due to a haitus, I only started on this goal in the last month or two. I have been keeping a ratio of 90:35:25 for the plants and this has allowed me to hack away at the goal at a reasonable rate (at 7 or 8 inscriptions). The key think I notice is that 20 seems to be a tipping point. Having less than 20 of anything results in a reduced drop rate (having zero make is extra hard). This makes sense since when a new goal comes out, and new items are introduced, people can't rush to complete it. Everyone has to start from that zero state. They have to slowly accumulate up to 20 items before then drop rate evens out.

So for all my items in my inventory I keep a floating supply above 20 (except stones and timber since those don't seem to be affected). So if you're the impatient type, and always use items as you get them, then you will revisit the 0 state many many times. It's tough resisting the urge, but once I'm up to 20 items it's a smoother process of accumulating items.
Wish I had realised this sooner. I have been making inscriptions as i go along and am always short of pitcher plants. Only need another 13 and I have 5 in stock so will not get to 20 before end of goal. An excellent tip. Thanks.

reliquary
09-19-14, 12:47 PM

This def. seems to be the case

It would be SUPEP RAD if GlimmerGate(me thinks s/he does the #s) or another TL could confirm this
How would or could it possibly be coded into drop rates?
They have mentioned they don't have a very complex system....hum?

klaw1502
09-19-14, 01:40 PM
Sister sister takes way more than three months.
Is it worth it? Does not completing keep you from any other
Quest?

meme1098
09-19-14, 03:35 PM
Doesn't hold you back but I still work on it among the other daily things I do in the game. Could kick myself though since I crafted a dark plant before I realized I needed those darn shards for the jeweled hairpin in the new goal. Ackkkkk!!

BTW, TL, the past tense of jewel has only 1 'l'.

ddwarer
09-19-14, 09:02 PM
I finally got my last pitcher, now I am doing the exchange. Will be done with this goal in 5 hrs. Can't wait to press the give button for the 20th time!!!!! LOL!!!
It took a little over a month to get the last 6 with the fortune. But I will keep the fortune for a longer time~
Good luck everyone!

froltojo
09-20-14, 02:04 AM
Woohoo! Just finished the 19th inscription. One more to go! This has gone on way too long.

parlski
09-20-14, 04:54 AM
I have 6 left to go. shards are far too scarce :(

roguebee
09-20-14, 06:20 AM
Sister Sister is on hold while I craft some hair pins...

meme1098
09-20-14, 11:57 AM
Same here...finally got enough today to do the 2nd hairpin. Argh!!! I hate glimmer shards!!! Lol

JustKay
09-20-14, 05:14 PM
Why is everyone in a hurry to finish this quest? It's a long term goal. There's no goal after this one and the 10 gems prize is not reflective of the amount of effort this goal requires. Prioritise main story goals instead of this one. It's only here to keep everyone from whinging about not having anything to do in quite spaces between updates! :p

On another note, less than 2 months in and I am on 10 inscriptions now :D Even when I make 20 inscriptions, I plan on hanging onto them for a while in case any future goals require them. I can give them any time, like when I have 30 or more stockpiled. As a bonus, the 10 gems are safely stashed away where I can't accidentally lose them in a gem trap :D

LadyLolepere
09-23-14, 04:00 AM
I [B]Really[B] don't like these quests that take forever! They get boring and you never have enough resources to fill them...but I guess that's why we can generally gem our way thru stuff

newzealander
09-25-14, 03:16 AM

TL has already confirmed on another thread that they do not do this.

zenobia42
09-25-14, 10:06 AM

TL has already confirmed on another thread that they do not do this.
As far as I know, they have only claimed that they do not adjust the drop (or spawn rate) rates based on whether a quest for them is active. I haven't seen them say that there is no adjustment for how many are in your inventory - where did you see that?

leojsufur
09-25-14, 10:32 AM
I'm hoping if I ignore sister sister long enough it will go away. I've done 10 inscriptions and am taking a break.

room27
09-25-14, 11:22 AM
Interesting theory. I am one of the lucky ones that finished this horrible mess of a goal, and now find myself making plants and trading, just because if they come up with another monstrosity like this, I want to have stockpiles.
The most popular plant is my inventory is the rafflesia. I have 25 of them! From the beginning, I always had extras. Even for the first inscription, I had 3 or 4 left in inventory. It's always been disproportionally more. My ratio for the other two was also off. I'd get 3 or 4 glimmer plants for every one pitcher.
I do agree though, that when you begin stockpiling, items seem to accumulate much faster. Maybe it's because we're not focused on collecting that one item, and so it slips into inventory without keeping count.

bisonbuy
09-25-14, 11:25 AM
I finished mine about 2 weeks ago thanks to the Fortune Teller "glitch" that me get all the shards they were needed.

reliquary
09-25-14, 11:52 AM
Yep, I went about almost 2 months and didn't even get 1 inscription. till I got the glimmer rock fortune 2 days ago, now I'm churning em out......it really feels like *****ing.

*It is a Massive advantage*

There is no way I would have the patience to get thru it w/o the fortune tent. I really commend anyone who did it it without it.

But you know, because of it (GRock fortune)the game pace has really picked up.....it's fun again:)
It should have been this was in the first place instead of the tedium and boredom of waiting on the GGate possibly giving a shard and nothing else to do.
Everything leading up to it was rather slow paced, and never really had a conclusion...most felt incomplete and pointless.

I'm almost maxed in glues and can easily fill up for pastes and cement so I'll probably just stay on this fortune forever

mcwrapper
09-25-14, 08:24 PM
Finally finished this horrible quest. I hope they never do something like this again.

tanbi1
09-25-14, 11:57 PM
Glimmer rock fortune? Huh?? Enlighten? I'm currently stuck with Sister Sister AND building the faerie workshop, both asking me for poxy glimmer shards.

meme1098
09-26-14, 01:34 PM
A fortune in the tent where you chop old logs. However, in order to accumulate the shards you only chop twice and then leave it and go buy another, only chop twice again and go buy another and so on. You can sell the log after 2 chops supposedly but I had a nbr with old logs all over her Quuendom while working this fortune. Finally has gotten rid of most of them now.

fluffybutter007
09-26-14, 07:37 PM
I'm not able to sell the first log I chopped twice, but I can sell all the others. The glimmer rock fortune has been active in my kingdom for a month now. I'm only at eight inscriptions, but I have so many dark seeds now. Just need fertilizer to grow them. :)

scarletdragon18
09-28-14, 02:46 AM
Just started plant trade #19... One more to go, just one more. SO grateful for the glimmer glitch, and when I'm done I'll use that to help with the fairy trades.

belbar22
09-28-14, 05:41 AM
Glimmer shards, glimmer shards, wherefore art thou. You have not graced my kingdom for 2 days and I need you.

Shylore
09-29-14, 06:19 PM
Is Sister Sister and A Little Persuasion the quests needed to complete to be able to move onto the Tea Party quests? Or to get to the team quests? I've been stuck on those forever. Along with gathering enough silver to make mithril for the Discover Fire.

Rockylandia
09-29-14, 11:03 PM
I finally have the plants for the last inscription! Ugh, I don't even feel a sense of accomplishment. Super tired of the quest but happy it's finally done.

lonerlexie
10-02-14, 09:21 PM
I'm so bored with this goal. I rarely log in so it is taking me forever.

tanbi1
10-03-14, 08:25 AM
Glimmer shards, glimmer shards, wherefore art thou. You have not graced my kingdom for 2 days and I need you.

I hear this!

newzealander
10-04-14, 01:25 AM
19 down. One to go!!

SpiritWind00
10-04-14, 01:44 AM
Is Sister Sister and A Little Persuasion the quests needed to complete to be able to move onto the Tea Party quests? Or to get to the team quests? I've been stuck on those forever. Along with gathering enough silver to make mithril for the Discover Fire.

Sister sister will not stop you, but the other one will. You must do lessons for Ivy to continue. Make sure you keep 5 Inscriptions in your inventory in order to progress. Do not hit the GIVE button in Sister goal. Only inscriptions in your inventory count towards Lessons for Ivy.

belbar22
10-04-14, 03:09 PM
Never thought I was ever going to be able to say this but. Me, I've finished Sister Sister thanks to the Fedora plants.

zenobia42
10-04-14, 05:47 PM
I will be starting this quest step later tonight after my first trade with Bella comes back and I use the inscription from it to complete the "Wish You were Here" step. I am ready for it though - got my glimmer log fortune (whatever it's really called lol) active, built 4 conservatories for fertilizer, have a bunch of cows out for more of the same, even planted some fedora plants even though I don't get to play the quest that accompanies it. And now that I've posted this, months down the road when I have finished it, I will know how many days it took, lol.

ETA: LMFAO! This is from the "A Little Persuasion" quest that gets triggered the same time as Sister, Sister. (And thanks to all the great folks on this forum, I know to complete "A Little Persuasion" before giving any of the inscriptions away!) Anyway, anyone posting in this thread that they finally finished Sister, Sister may remember it from FOREVER ago. lol!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15872

Konradsville
10-05-14, 02:07 PM
I now finished this Goal.... Finally! And honestly?! No reward apart from the same amount of chrystals as for a golden trade???? No continuation, no nothing?

BriarAvenue
10-07-14, 02:48 PM
I now finished this Goal.... Finally! And honestly?! No reward apart from the same amount of chrystals as for a golden trade???? No continuation, no nothing?
Really? I just did the last exchange, so will finish in 5 hours.
Boy, that's by far the most frustrating quest. No fun at all.
20 exchanges for 10 gems is too much, time consuming, not interesting.
Got more gems from the Baron. I think 10 exchanges for 10 gems is more appropriate.

BriarAvenue
10-07-14, 09:13 PM
Done, exchange came back with a script n an apple.
Then 10 gems from the quest.

jackie2006
10-10-14, 09:37 AM
it will be a looong...longgg....long time for me. I got only 11/20 over 3 months period. I missed fortune teller by chopping all the old logs, now i have no way to complete the goal.

PurpleScorpion76
10-10-14, 11:16 AM
There is the new Fellora plants and Faerie Bridge quest as I understand it can help with Sister Sister.

fluffybutter007
10-10-14, 02:28 PM
There is the new Fellora plants and Faerie Bridge quest as I understand it can help with Sister Sister.

Yes, but those Fellora plants take two days to grow and they only give me dark seeds (I have over 250 of those). I need to expand more so I can place more plots since I can't grow both Fellora plants and keep up with regular gardening at the same time. My neighbors have gotten dark plants so I just have bad luck right now! Lol

Queenzod
10-10-14, 02:45 PM
it will be a looong...longgg....long time for me. I got only 11/20 over 3 months period. I missed fortune teller by chopping all the old logs, now i have no way to complete the goal.

You can still complete it, it's just going to take time. The glimmerbits still drop from Griselda's castle and the gate.

outhouse01
10-10-14, 10:45 PM
Sonny: Yeeeehaaaaa.
Skip: eeeaaacch!
Sonny: yep Skip, I'm weird but also overjoyed.
Skip: eeeaaacch.
Sonny: well, you know those darn inscriptions I've been chasing FOREVER. I just got the last pitcher to send it off.
Sonny: yes, I know they only said 3 months but obviously their math ain't so good.
Skip: eeeaaacch!
Sonny: I do have a surplus of the others. 12 traps and 19 rafflesia to be exact. 0 pitchers.
Sonny: yes, those New flowers gave me 3 pitchers to help.
Sonny: I suppose so. Thank you TL for providing another source of seeds and plants.
Sonny: yes, now back to faierie stuff and those rsvps.

Yeeeeeehaaaaa.

Cheers all.

PS - Maj, format especially posted for you. Good luck with your inscriptions.

labsandboxers
10-11-14, 04:57 PM
I hope to finish my last one next week so I can start using those same ingredients on other things

ShibuyaCloth
10-27-14, 12:57 PM
After two month "Sister Sister Anonymous" treatment, I was just getting over it. Bang today, I get the quest on this account.... I think, I need to go back to my cottage and start sniffing some glimmer dust.

55lee55
11-02-14, 10:08 AM
What is it about the Sister Sister quest that seems to have so many people's skivvies in a knot?

I don't remember seeing a thread much longer than three pages no matter what the topic is, that someone and usually many someones haven't thrown in a complaint about Sister, Sister.

Why? This seems to be causing more stress than all of the other stresses combined, including gem traps. It is not a main quest. It is a background quest made purpously difficult to finish so that people like myself who have finished all of the other quests can keep our Quest Books. You don't need to do it. Finishing it gives you practically nothing. If you have any other quests at all to do there is no compelling reason to even think about this one. It is not a big deal.

Unfortunately I technically finished it months ago because despite trying not to balance out dark plant production, I got what everyone else seems to want with a passion which was an near perfect balance of ingredients. Since I had no other quests over ninety percent of the time, I sent in the silly plants and got the twenty Inscriptions well before I should have been on my second one from what I have been reading here. I even made several extra Inscriptions, and I sat on them for months in the hope that we would get a second long term quest since I lose interest in playing when there is nothing left to do and I have so many items stockpiled that I am running out of items to make. I am down to needing only four more Ornate Beams before that too goes grey like most of my other items. I want Sister, Sister back!

I deeply regret sending it in during the Halloween Event because it appeared that the game was picking up speed and I mistakenly figured that there was a good possibility that I would have plenty to do and that the updates would keep me busy. No luck there. Not even a Halloween Party after everyone got dressed up for one. So here I sit with no Quest Book again, and in nearly every thread someone is moaning about Sister, Sister!

TL, How about putting up a trading post for Quests? I would happily pay a pile of my useless coins to get someone's unfinished and despised Sister, Sister Quest and get my Quest Book back :D It would make at least two of us happy.

Just kidding about that, but trying to make a point here. Sister, Sister, despite what some might believe, is not evil personified. I am pretty sure that it was not put out here to torture anyone. It is simply a meaningless placeholder for us bored upper level folks who are at the point where we don't have a Quest Book and we might get bored and go elsewhere.

Seriously, if you have any other possible quests to do, do them first. Don't even consider doing Sister, Sister unless you have hit a slow spot between quests and happen to have the ingredients sitting in your inventory to send out for an Inscription. Do that, and before you know it you will be done with Sister, Sister, no mess, no stress.

I have officially finished Sister, Sister and I hope this post is on topic and doesn't offend anyone and get me banned. It is not meant to. It is meant to reduce the obvious widespread stress that this innocuous quest has seemed to cause among many otherwise happy CS players. Please, it is not necessary to complain constantly about Sister, Sister. It won't make the quest go away.

The way to reduce the stress that this quest causes is to pretend it doesn't exist. You will have no need for it unless you would otherwise lose your Quest Book because there is nothing left for you to do. If you get to that point Sister, Sister is not stressful because it is the only thing left. If you have absolutely nothing else to do except grow dark flowers, you will be surprised at how quickly this quest gets done.

Then like me you might wish they had asked for 40 instead of 20 Inscriptions, something that seems absurd I know, unless you are sitting here with nothing to do because your quest book has gone poof, and even filling up your Inventory with personal goals is close to being done. I am at the point where between quests I am sometimes have a hard time finding somewhere to spend my 40 energy. Then for me it becomes stressful to see the black flag pop out because I have no room to put even rare drops.

My advice, for what it's worth which admittedly is not much, is to pretend the Sister-Sister Quest is invisible until you open your Quest Book and it is the only quest left. If you have absolutely no other quests, then it is likely you will have more than enough resources to pour into growing dark plants and sending them out in exchange for Inscriptions. By that time, like me you will probaby have the plants coming out of your pockets and be glad you have a place to send them. The time to stress out is when you have 99 each of all of the dark plants and are growing them to have them disappear from your greenhouses because you need to do something with the energy you earned. Then maybe it is time to gripe about Sister, Sister if it is still causing you stress.

Gripe like I am doing now that you wish it had lasted longer!

I am pretty sure that Sister, Sister was not put out there to stress out anyone and it makes me sad to see so many people who have plenty of other actually exciting quests left to do, worrying about finishing this one instead. Please, at least consider putting Sister, Sister on the back burner for a while and enjoying the other quests in your Quest Books! This is such an awesome game and there are so many really fun things to do instead of stressing over not having the correct ratio of Pitcher Plants to Raffselias. I suspect that when you get to the point where you have nothing at all left to do but think about your dark plant ratios, you will be happy to have that to do as opposed to making up your own quests.

I really wish that TL had not made Sister, Sister available to anyone who still had umfinished quests ahead of them, but I can understand why they didn't because then they would have likely been inundated with complaints that there was a quest that everyone could not get right away. It appears to me that they can't release any quests as it is that don't generate a number of complaints. I think we would likely still be getting the same number of complaints about Sister, Sister had it been released only to those who had caught up with everything else, because it would then be unavailable to most of those playing the game. It is a no win situation, but apparently that is part of being a leading game producer. Ya can't please everyone.

Please folks, can we try to move on and enjoy the parts of CS that we do enjoy? Especially since you probably don't need to be doing the Sister, Sister Quest if it is stressing you out.

As they used to say decades ago when I could still go out dancing, Don't worry, Be Happy!

zoo123g
11-02-14, 11:44 AM
just finished yesterday. woo hoo :)

michieboony
11-02-14, 12:39 PM
just finished yesterday. woo hoo :)

Yippee, this quest is completed for me! Finished it week one of the Halloween event and was surprised there was no fanfare, no excitement, just pain relief that I was over it. For those neighbors still in the trenches, Keep plodding away eventually you'll complete it too; Then in a couple of weeks the memory of the torture will fade.

ciarjen
11-02-14, 01:27 PM
Finished....At last!!! With the help of harvesting lots of those new flowers. If it wasn't for those, I would still be doing this quest into the New Year.

maymeeeow
11-02-14, 01:41 PM
Finished....At last!!! With the help of harvesting lots of those new flowers. If it wasn't for those, I would still be doing this quest into the New Year.

Yeah, those helped me a lot, too! I finished a week or two ago.

jasren
11-03-14, 07:48 AM
I'm only half way, I plant a lot of flowers but still....
So wish I could re-do the log fortune :///

dmpro
11-05-14, 07:46 AM
I am plugging away. Have 12 inscriptions so far and I really don't mind the fact that it is a long term goal. What I can't understand is why it is so difficult to gather fertilizer!? You would think with so many pigs, cows and sheep you would be knee deep in it!
Also I always thought that fertilizer should be a drop when collecting from the stables don't ya think?

amerirish
11-05-14, 07:58 AM
I haven't finished yet; I have 17 inscriptions so I'm hoping I can finish in the next year or so :)

zenobia42
11-05-14, 09:07 AM
7 inscriptions.

Once I had the ones required for A Little Persuasion, I slowed down my output considerably. Persuasion led to other quests where Sister, Sister does not.

mafruha
11-05-14, 03:06 PM
At last I finished.. Phew...

BriarAvenue
11-08-14, 12:54 AM
Finished during the Halloween quest as growing trapping plants got
much more easy during that time.
Got them almost 8 out of 10 times, so doing the exchange was no sweat.
Almost 2-3 exchanges per week n before getting the cauldron,
Got this quest completed!

Not only was in no box club, now in no book club as well.
The only thing left for me to do is expanding into the last lot.
3.5 permits then will be in hearts breaking only club.

roguebee
11-09-14, 07:23 AM
Finally finished Sister, Sister yesterday. Felt funny this morning not rushing to see how many shards and fragments I would collect. And my quest book was missing. I can't believe I have finally gotten everything done, for a couple of days...

ciarjen
11-09-14, 09:33 AM
Finally finished Sister, Sister yesterday. Felt funny this morning not rushing to see how many shards and fragments I would collect. And my quest book was missing. I can't believe I have finally gotten everything done, for a couple of days...

Now all we have to do is prepare for Sister, Sister Part 2, lol :D

mnjcafe
11-09-14, 12:05 PM
I finally finished yesterday, too! What a relief!

Liloze
11-09-14, 02:56 PM
Finished during the Halloween quest as growing trapping plants got
much more easy during that time.
Got them almost 8 out of 10 times, so doing the exchange was no sweat.
Almost 2-3 exchanges per week n before getting the cauldron,
Got this quest completed!

Not only was in no box club, now in no book club as well.
The only thing left for me to do is expanding into the last lot.
3.5 permits then will be in hearts breaking only club.

My advice, keep the last lot open, do not expand towards it, this way you can make expansion permits in the Royal exchange,otherwise, you will lose this option from the List, just my 2 cents :)

reliquary
11-10-14, 11:14 AM
I got my 20th this morning!!!i started a little persuasion on Sept. 2nd and had the log fortune in waiting.....that means I COMPLETED S.S. In 3 MOnTHS!!..omg, this is coming from someone who had planned on quitting the game when getting to s.s...it seemed so daunting!

But I did it by chopping about 10-15 logs a day, 7 conservatories, 5 sheep and always keeping fertilizer, seeds and all plants above 10 at any given time.
I'm amazed it's done !
Gonna make about 5 more inscriptions, grow a bunch of each plant and max out on shards and dust and then give up my goal book and move on to the next fortunes...I'll cry when I chop that final log 3 times!
Super WooooHooooo!

dragonflynz2
11-10-14, 09:54 PM
I finally finished ss on the weekend. I just couldn't get the pitcher plants... Now they're dropping from every second fell oar plant I harvest!

Blanche_Lady
11-13-14, 07:58 AM
Finally I finished it!! I didn't remember when there was no book!

ghjvcucjb
11-14-14, 08:20 PM
I just finished!!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!! I never want to see another pitcher plant again, in fact I'm going to throw away the one I have on my lanai as soon as I get done posting this!

Chaotarch
11-18-14, 05:23 AM
just finished the second round, lol:rolleyes:

tentalen
11-18-14, 10:17 AM
Wow I have 8 more to go.lots of raffia occasional slipper plant but almost no Venus fly traps end up buying them after I have five

tentalen
11-18-14, 10:38 AM
As far as I know, they have only claimed that they do not adjust the drop (or spawn rate) rates based on whether a quest for them is active. I haven't seen them say that there is no adjustment for how many are in your inventory - where did you see that?

Yes I have notice this as well. Not to go below 18-20 of anything cause it almost dries up.

KadeeDid
11-18-14, 11:23 AM

I have 9 to go, I think. Been working on it forever.

GiselleX16
11-20-14, 11:30 AM
Woo-hoo! I just got my last glimmer trap plant that I needed to send to Belladonna to get my 20th inscription. I'm just waiting a couple of hours to see if we need the Exchange for today's update. Then I will finish this goal!!!!!

tweeps
11-20-14, 12:08 PM
Finished it a few days ago.

Only thing in my goal book is the skunk house, which I'm not buying as I don't have the gems.

Spending my time stocking up on crops and then I'm going to put everything in storage and redecorate the kingdom.

GiselleX16
11-20-14, 10:17 PM
OMG finally did it but now I feel so empty and aimless.... sister sister where are you? Couldn't have done it without the Fellora plants!

Now that I don't have to conserve shards and bits, I have to decide whether or not to finish the last step of Discover Adamant, my last remaining goal - until tomorrow, presumably. I have 47 mithril so would have lots left over but realize there isn't a lot of benefit since I also have 24 Adamant at the moment. No hurry or worries on this one, though!

cakeandpie
11-23-14, 09:17 PM
I only have 11!!! *cries big tears* I hate this goal...it is soooooo slow! TL finally boosted the drop rate of pitcher plants from "grow dark plants" in the greenhouse, and gave us fellora blossoms which drop pitcher plants sometimes...and so now I have the opposite problem I used to have...I hardly get *glimmer trap plants* anymore now! I have plenty of rafflesia and pitcher plants, but zero trap plants!

And to add insult to injury, now it seems I'm going to have to use all my shards to make a bunch of jeweled hairpins in the Faerie quest line, so how will I have ANY left for making dark seeds now?? :confused: If I thought this goal was slow before, I don't even want to think about the pace of it now that I can't use any of the shards for dark seeds. How on earth did any of you ever finish this interminable quest!?!?!?

(BTW I do have the fortune teller tent now, but I'm only on the third fortune, so it will be a long time before I get to fortune #23. In the fortune teller thread, it says your reward is "glimmer shard/glimmer fragments per chop," but what does that mean? How long do you get shards and fragments when you chop? Just till the next fortune? Just the next 10 chops or something? I don't get it.)

meme1098
11-23-14, 10:07 PM
You buy an old log, but only chop twice and then sell it. Buy another old log, chop twice & sell it. Do this as many times as you can to collect shards & fragments. After a while you'll have lots & lots of each but start running short of fertilizer &/or seeds. I'm still doing this fortune to stock up on inscriptions but I only chop & sell about 10 or so logs a day because I have a fertilizer shortage.
Once you make the last chop though the fortune is over.

Don't worry about the goal so much, it's not timed or tied to any storyline. Just collect & craft when you can. Eventually you'll get to the end. Just keep plodding along. :D

suxanadu
11-24-14, 03:42 PM
I am 5 glimmer traps away from finishing this quest. I am so excited! I have so many extra of the other two plants. I really wish we could trade.

reliquary
11-24-14, 03:59 PM
So rereading over this thread, a lot have finnished, but are you still plodding on?
**I guess it is possible to get 99 inscriptions.**

I try to keep my greenhouses busy and have ended up w/ about 4 inscriptions without even trying, I still have the log fortune(none of the newer fortunes even tempt me to move on!) and the tedious routine of making plants just.wont.stop...I do need the trade tickets

So after you've finnished S.S how many inscriptions do you have now?

And to all the peeps still working on it, the trick is just not trying or caring:)...then 2 trap plans magically drop from your greenhouses, and your drowning in an equal # of shards and fragments:)

luke1100
11-24-14, 04:01 PM
I sent off a trade with my hard earned plants the other day and didn't even get an inscription!!

Sister Sister has got to be the worst goal ever.........total load of manure !!!!

suxanadu
11-24-14, 04:08 PM
Reliquary - the fellora plants have saved me on this one. I constantly plant and collect from them. Now fertilizer is my scarce resource. I get tons of dark seeds and some plants from the fellora blossoms.

SpiritWind00
11-24-14, 07:07 PM
I sent off a trade with my hard earned plants the other day and didn't even get an inscription!!

Sister Sister has got to be the worst goal ever.........total load of manure !!!!

Hello Luke, the inscription is hard to see on screen when it drops as there are multi drops from the plant trade and I noticed for me that the other drops masked it. Your inscription will be in your inventory unless you've hit the 'give' button in which case it will not be in your inventory.

If you're absolutely certain you didn't get an inscription (and you won't get one from Trade with Belladonna, only Dark Plants) then please send support an email. Link below.

I recommend not hitting the Give button until you have loads of inscriptions and certainly only after you've done the Persuasion goal where you need 5 inscriptions in your inventory. (I recommend this on any goal where there is a choice to load or not, cause once it's loaded, you're committed!)

SpiritWind00
11-24-14, 07:13 PM
So rereading over this thread, a lot have finished, but are you still plodding on?.....

I am! I have 9 extra inscriptions in my inventory. Rainy day etc! And I have the glimmer rock fortune open and make more dark seeds for next time too. It's fantastic you can have more than 99 seeds.

I agree that you can't get too hung up about this goal.....bit by bit, plant by plant. There's no hurry. :)

suxanadu
11-28-14, 08:06 PM
I finally finished this goal yesterday. Then finished Thanksgiving today. Now I have no goals! That has never happened to me before.

EBJW
11-28-14, 11:22 PM
I had my inscriptions ready a while ago, had given 10, held back 10, just in case (remember the other quest, also requiring inscriptions, suddenly).
And I held back cause I waited for Greselda to do the evaluation; as she would after 3 months! Curious what would happen if I hadn't given them all.

But I waited.... and waited... and waited....

4 months? 5 months? 6 months? ......?
Halloween, thanksgiving, x-mas on the way, don't see it happen anymore, so I gave in, I gave the other 10 inscriptions as well...... :(

Castloninian
11-28-14, 11:42 PM

I've got 11 extra inscriptions now without trying. I tend to make seeds / plants when I am close to maxing out on resources, and then make inscriptions when I am near maxed on trap plants. I have enough plants to make another 7 inscriptions now (44 pitchers, 90 traps, 20 rafflesias) as well as 83 dark seeds. I try to not go over 99 seeds because otherwise the garden / new crop won't drop dark seeds.

Castloninian
11-28-14, 11:45 PM
I've got 11 extra inscriptions now without trying. I tend to make seeds / plants when I am close to maxing out on resources, and then make inscriptions when I am near maxed on trap plants. I have enough plants to make another 7 inscriptions now (44 pitchers, 90 traps, 20 rafflesias) as well as 83 dark seeds. I try to not go over 99 seeds because otherwise the garden / new crop won't drop dark seeds.

I gave up on the glimmer rock fortune after a final stock up after finishing Sister Sister so no help from there anymore either.

roguebee
11-29-14, 07:53 AM
Same here, once I was nearly maxed out, I chopped the final log and let it expire. Now I watch my bits and shards and when nearly maxed, grow some dark seeds. Still have a way to go before I'm maxed on the seeds. I have one extra inscription so far.

lonerlexie
11-29-14, 08:38 AM
I have 6 more to go! Lack of fertilizer is slowing me down.

orleansparish
11-29-14, 05:26 PM
How did you people do this?! Does the fortune teller tent thingy give you more parts or something? I have five and am 4 plants away from sending out a trade to get a sixth. This is worse and more annoying than the badges we had to collect.

roguebee
11-29-14, 07:39 PM
In the third set of fortunes, there was one that said...

23. The Glimmer Rock Fortune

(Let it go! You'll trip on something eventually)
Chop down Old Log x 1
Rewards: Glimmer Shard/Glimmer Fragments per chop

What someone figured out was if you chopped on an old log twice and then started chopping on another old log, the fortune didn't end until you chopped a log for the third time. So you could keep the fortune alive for quite a while and just pile on the shards and fragments. You could leave the old logs littering your kingdom or sell them for 0 coins and get them out of the way.

pinocchiossss
11-30-14, 12:24 AM
One to go !! :rolleyes:

tarheel219
11-30-14, 06:52 AM
I got one more to go also! So close but still so far.

dalexxx
12-02-14, 10:14 PM
This is the only goal left in my to do's.

Is this really the final one at the moment?

SpiritWind00
12-03-14, 12:34 AM
This is the only goal left in my to do's.

Is this really the final one at the moment?

If you have the faerie bridge in your kingdom then yes you're up to date for the moment.

tarheel219
12-03-14, 01:38 PM
I got one more to go also! So close but still so far.

Just finished it. ;)

The only goal I have now is to get level 50. I am currently on level 45. So close but so far.

cakeandpie
12-04-14, 10:45 AM
What someone figured out was if you chopped on an old log twice and then started chopping on another old log, the fortune didn't end until you chopped a log for the third time. So you could keep the fortune alive for quite a while and just pile on the shards and fragments. You could leave the old logs littering your kingdom or sell them for 0 coins and get them out of the way.

But I cannot sell an old log. I cannot sell, store, or do anything with it. Are other people able to sell them?

roguebee
12-04-14, 11:20 AM
Hit your edit button. Tap the log. Hit sell (for 0 coins).

ghjvcucjb
12-04-14, 11:25 AM
But I cannot sell an old log. I cannot sell, store, or do anything with it. Are other people able to sell them?

Old logs aren't worth selling for $0. Better to chop them and get the other items or if you're full on everything you can place them in front of your animals and it looks like the animals are eating the logs, grass etc.

ghjvcucjb
12-04-14, 11:31 AM
How did you people do this?! Does the fortune teller tent thingy give you more parts or something? I have five and am 4 plants away from sending out a trade to get a sixth. This is worse and more annoying than the badges we had to collect.

I don't have the fortune teller's tent but did finish this last month. I was struggling with it (although it wasn't nearly as bad as the valentine botany goal...that took me an entire year to complete) until I started planting the fellora plants. That helped so much. Now that I'm done I'm starting to max out on the items without even trying...typical so I keep making the plants and occasionally sending to Belladonna.

reliquary
12-04-14, 12:44 PM
I found this out the hard way, but if you are unable to have the option to sell a particular old log, you found it in an expansion. You can only sell logs, trees, rocks etc. that you buy.

Currently I have 4 :p
Cannot sell them, and *def. do not want to finish the glimmer fortune* so I parked a beast over them:cool:

genellemac
12-05-14, 04:22 PM
I am so glad I checked this feed and found out I could sell the old logs, my kingdom was absolutely littered with them, I even tried to rotate them so they could be my path ways, just like the olden days after heaps of rain. Now they are gone, yippee
Currently I am 6 glimmer trap plants away from finishing this quest, SO after completing Sister Sister should I make the final chop of the old log or hold on to the fortune ( all my others quests are complete, including the fairies)?

SpiritWind00
12-05-14, 06:01 PM
I am so glad I checked this feed and found out I could sell the old logs, my kingdom was absolutely littered with them, I even tried to rotate them so they could be my path ways, just like the olden days after heaps of rain. Now they are gone, yippee
Currently I am 6 glimmer trap plants away from finishing this quest, SO after completing Sister Sister should I make the final chop of the old log or hold on to the fortune ( all my others quests are complete, including the fairies)?

a few of us have made a couple of extra inscriptions and crafted a few (ok, probably a lot!) extra dark seeds. If you do finish the fortune, max yourself on shards and fragment first before you chop the last log fully.

genellemac
12-05-14, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will definately max out on the items before I do the final chop.

raghadd1
12-08-14, 12:19 PM
Hurrrray, finally I finished it:cool:

reliquary
12-08-14, 07:00 PM

Go take a look at the fortune teller thread for the remaining fortunes...other than the super glue one I really can't see a reason to finish the old log goal...glimmer shards and bits are just too valuable ie. Make adamant, more trades etc.

senshin
12-08-14, 07:26 PM
so is it worth buying the fortune teller tent to help with Sister Sister? I only have 7 inscriptions at this point and am having a hard time with the blue shards since they're also needed in the fairy hair clips. I'm making progress, it's just slow going.

roguebee
12-08-14, 07:40 PM
It will help, but keep in mind that you have to work your way through the first two sets of fortunes before you get to the logs. That's going to take a little while. I bought it when I was a little over halfway done and finally reached the goal when I was working on my last inscription. If it weren't for the new flowers, I would have had several inscriptions left to go when I reached that fortune.

senshin
12-09-14, 12:23 AM
thank you roguebee, considering quests are more slow going at this point it might be fun to have some new infusion of game fun!

kooky panda
12-09-14, 09:33 AM
I have one more to go!!! :D

astormia
12-09-14, 10:47 PM
It's the absolute worst goal ever. I've been working on it for months!

Betsy0923
12-10-14, 08:25 AM
I just finished Sister, Sister last week. I was afraid I would not be done before that story line continued, but looks like we have lots of excellent holiday goals right now. I for one enjoyed having Sister, Sister around because it gave me something to work on rather than just waiting around the tavern for new goals. ��

Thanks TL for the great variety of tasks and goals. I am still working on updating my second wizard school and will finish my "goose" goal today. All ready for tomorrows new goal!

genellemac
12-10-14, 03:39 PM
I have my last inscription sitting in my inventory and I just can't seem to GIVE it. How odd....I couldn't wait to finish this quest and now I won't let myself.

LadyJessicaAtreides
12-10-14, 05:15 PM
three and a half month and just done with my 14th. thank god for the fellora plants, it helps a bit as it gives the plants needed for the trade but why the hell is the trap plant is so difficult! i have 77 pitcher plants and 25 rafflesia. making the plants and i will always get the pitcher plants more. something along the line of 7:1 ratio!!! aaaarrrggghhh!!!

purpledatura852
12-11-14, 02:27 AM
Aaargh!

Sister, Sister came up for me last week. I'm halfway though the 'Goddess Tree' quest, and trying to grow these confounded dark plants was seriously depleting my fertilizer stock. For now, I've stored away my greenhouses and concentrated solely on the Goddess tree chain. I plant Fellora Plants every 2 days to try and get my stocks up. I don't have the Fortune Teller tent (yet.. I'm hoping to get it when I get my next Gem haul.. payday treat :)) I'm still collecting from the Glimmergate, Greseldas castle and garden purely for the shards and fragments.

As it seems that besides the 10 Gem reward, the Sister Sister goal doesn't lead anywhere for now, so I'm not even going to start it until I've completed the Goddess line, and whatever comes after. It shall stay languishing in my quest book for as long as there's other things to be doing..

I love this game, but I think this particular goal looks tedious and frustrating. A game stops being fun when it feels like a slog, and I don't want to hit the point where I get bored and give up.

ghjvcucjb
12-11-14, 10:30 AM
I have to admit, when I was in the middle of this one, it was so irritating. But once I was done and my goal book disappeared again, I missed it. Goals like this gives my kingdom purpose while waiting for the regular updates. I actually like the balance of the long term goals with the timed goals. In fact I started making the plants again for the trade just because.

I need to add (which I've done a zillion time) that this goals had nothing on the Valentine botany goal. That goal took most of us 10-12 months of constant growing to finally accomplish. So hang in there everyone. Do it when you can and it will be done.

annabelle125a
12-11-14, 12:25 PM
I still have 2 or 3 more inscriptions. I was letting it frustrate me. Now it just work on it here and there as the materials drop and try not to stress. I think finishing it will be bittersweet.

senshin
12-11-14, 11:16 PM
maybe we should re-name this thread the Sister, Sister support group! :eek:
I'm only at number seven, but truthfully I don't mind since I've worked my way through so much of the storyline and it's nice to have a long term goal to work on. I'd say the bulk of what challenges we have at higher levels aren't so hard, that I don't mind having to keep chipping away at this one.

cinwin65
12-14-14, 09:10 AM

I just finished it yesterday. Took forever, never wasted a gem. Glad I'm finally done. Also completed the 12 days of Christmas on same day. Reward: bag of gifts, same as Thanksgiving. Collect every two days.

piperonline
12-15-14, 07:58 AM
I just finished Sister Sister this week as well. The fellora plants helped me tremendously at the end. Though this goal was a tiny bit tedious, I do not mind long term goals like this one. I think it helps maintain my interest when there aren't other goals. Fortunately, I'm still working on fairy crafting now. :)

Anaboe
12-18-14, 03:25 PM
Mmm.. I see a great problem with this Sister, Sister goal.

Glimmer shards and Glimmer fragments come pretty evenals and easily, but... I have 40 Glimmertrap Plants, 14 Glimmertrap Rafflesia's and only 4 Glimmer Pitcher Plants. If it wasn't for these Pitcher Plants, I could have 4 inscriptions by now...

They just don't seem to drop.

Someones else have the same problem?

Thatsmylucy
12-19-14, 06:05 AM
I finally completed after how ever many months now I miss it because there's nofthing else to do. Lol. Well not so true now that we have the new Christmas goal. I'm happy now,but once that's done I'll be happy with any goal that seems unobtainable. 

Jir67
12-19-14, 06:14 AM
I have to stop this quest, is's sugar and kitchen time consuming...
I put it on hold waiting for the end or Christmas time... :(
-8 to end

reliquary
12-19-14, 09:17 AM
Mmm.. I see a great problem with this Sister, Sister goal.

Glimmer shards and Glimmer fragments come pretty evenals and easily, but... I have 40 Glimmertrap Plants, 14 Glimmertrap Rafflesia's and only 4 Glimmer Pitcher Plants. If it wasn't for these Pitcher Plants, I could have 4 inscriptions by now...

They just don't seem to drop.

Someones else have the same problem?

I've noticed tha Felora plants drop pitcher plants more than any other dark flower. Maybe it would be the same for you.

Chaotarch
12-20-14, 06:12 AM
So rereading over this thread, a lot have finnished, but are you still plodding on?
**I guess it is possible to get 99 inscriptions.**

I try to keep my greenhouses busy and have ended up w/ about 4 inscriptions without even trying, I still have the log fortune(none of the newer fortunes even tempt me to move on!) and the tedious routine of making plants just.wont.stop...I do need the trade tickets

i am at 35, nr36 on the way:cool:
but the updates steal my energy i need for old logs and cows...:(
and without a real goal its nervy...

so someone out there for a challenge or run to 99?:cool:
shibuya? shipower ( you allready done, right?:rolleyes:)? mikado? anyone i didnt know?:confused::eek:

elizabetheva
12-20-14, 09:29 AM
I finally finished, too! Made much faster progress after the Felora update - props to all of you who managed to somehow complete it before that!!!

Shylore
12-20-14, 10:22 AM
finall finished this goal! Took forever, but not much of a reward. Nothing special, no gems, no unique items. Only the satisfaction of completing a very long and involved goal. YaY! Done, forgotten, moving on! ��

Anaboe
12-20-14, 04:53 PM
To make it a realy pro-goal:

Get 19 inscriptions and give them to Lady Greselda.
Then make another 99 and give the last one to Lady Greselda.

This way you will be left with 98 inscriptions.

You would have my admiration, but I also would think you're utterly mad. ;)

Liloze
12-20-14, 04:57 PM

Heck no!:p:D I finished the goal without the Felora plants and I am doing inscriptions now and then when I reach 98 dark seeds lol.

ghjvcucjb
12-20-14, 07:48 PM
i am at 35, nr36 on the way:cool:
but the updates steal my energy i need for old logs and cows...:(
and without a real goal its nervy...

so someone out there for a challenge or run to 99?:cool:
shibuya? shipower ( you allready done, right?:rolleyes:)? mikado? anyone i didnt know?:confused::eek:

That's one of the super goals I'm currently working on plus maxing out on the faerie elixir parts (along with maxing out on everything else). Unfortunately I used a ton of the faerie elixir recently so need to refocus and rebuild.

Chaotarch
12-21-14, 02:59 AM

mmh, i finished months ago and start again as i maxed out in pile of seeds and fertilizer:cool:
so i have in theory 56, and yes i am a little bit crazy...lol, watch my kingdom:p

Heck no!:p:D I finished the goal without the Felora plants and I am doing inscriptions now and then when I reach 98 dark seeds lol.

98 dark seeds are not enough:rolleyes: my highscore was 380 and now still over 300:eek:

Liloze
12-21-14, 07:24 AM
98 dark seeds are not enough:rolleyes: my highscore was 380 and now still over 300:eek:

I know but I don't let them reach more, I am also maxed on fertilizers, and I just grow them when I reach 99
I don't want to lose the Felora drops and Grizelda's Garden ;)

roguebee
12-21-14, 07:49 AM
I started over again on a haphazard basis. When the bits and shards reach over 90, I craft some dark seeds, and when the seeds reach high 90s, I grow some more plants. Have 2 inscriptions now. The trade does give me another ticket towards expansion.

ShibuyaCloth
12-21-14, 08:30 AM
I know but I don't let them reach more, I am also maxed on fertilizers, and I just grow them when I reach 99
I don't want to lose the Felora drops and Grizelda's Garden ;)

Same here, when I have 97 or more fertilizer I grow dark plants or Faerie seeds. As for dark seeds, well I have +200 left, so I don't care much there. I also have 14 inscriptions left, but I am not running after them. I just do the trade to have a ticket, good trade during the night as it is longer as 4 hours.

Liloze
12-21-14, 09:54 AM
Same here, when I have 97 or more fertilizer I grow dark plants or Faerie seeds. As for dark seeds, well I have +200 left, so I don't care much there. I also have 14 inscriptions left, but I am not running after them. I just do the trade to have a ticket, good trade during the night as it is longer as 4 hours.

Lol yep seems we're all after those elusive tickets/permits.
You're absolutely right, I tend to keep the long timed trades for the night, let it finish while I am asleep :)

kooky panda
12-21-14, 10:50 AM
FINALLY!!! Done ;)

Chaotarch
12-21-14, 10:54 AM
FINALLY!!! Done ;)

congrats!
and now go for 99;)

Anaboe
12-23-14, 04:58 PM
Besides hoarding / collecting (and getting trade-tickets, but those are WAY cheaper with milk/eggs), what's the use to do any belladona trade after the Sister, sister-goal has been reached?

reliquary
12-23-14, 05:26 PM
congrats!
and now go for 99;)

Pray tell, what's your inscription count?....I bet it's well over 60
Inquiring minds want to know.....:)

Liloze
12-23-14, 05:41 PM
FINALLY!!! Done ;)

Congrats :D

Lol I think Chaotarch wants us to go crazy lol ;)

Chaotarch
12-24-14, 12:59 AM
Congrats :D

Lol I think Chaotarch wants us to go crazy lol ;)

lol, yepp, i wanna be the only one ( ok i know there is min a "handfull" crazyone:rolleyes:)

Pray tell, what's your inscription count?....I bet it's well over 60
Inquiring minds want to know.....:)

sry, you lost the bet, cuz i am lost focus a little bit...:rolleyes: atm 37
maxing out the greendye, powdered stone, maid a milk, winterbird seeds, aktually mintleafs...havent enough energy...but next time i will chop some logs...

senshin
01-01-15, 01:26 PM
I'm currently at 9/20 and have been at it pretty consistently. I noticed that now I've completed the Faerie Bridge no new goals have popped up. Am I stuck in boring Sister, Sister limbo with nothing else to do until they release new quests?

nessa005
01-02-15, 03:45 PM
I'm sitting here with 19/20 inscriptions sent to Belladonna and have 2 more in my inventory. I really want to push the button and be finished with it but it has become part of my daily life for months and months and months. What are the odds she'll want more in the new year?

sunnygirl634
01-02-15, 06:06 PM
What are the odds she'll want more in the new year?

I finished the original quest months ago, but I still trade with her to avoid maxing out on the plants. I've got 18 inscriptions, so if she wants more, I'm ready.

arikasi
01-02-15, 07:12 PM
I finished it, this holiday, yay!!!!!!

nessa005
01-02-15, 09:52 PM
I finished the original quest months ago, but I still trade with her to avoid maxing out on the plants. I've got 18 inscriptions, so if she wants more, I'm ready.

So the trade doesn't vanish when you give #20 and you can still craft the plants in the greenhouse?

meme1098
01-02-15, 10:08 PM
So the trade doesn't vanish when you give #20 and you can still craft the plants in the greenhouse?

Yes, I'm still making the plants and sending trades. I've got 19 extras.

kooky panda
01-03-15, 11:22 AM
Done!!! ;)

nessa005
01-04-15, 07:32 AM
Finished it! I still have to beat up the lovecupines and a monument to greatness. I'm back to making lots of trades so I can expand to the last few corners of my realm.

SpiritWind00
01-04-15, 02:26 PM
Finishing inscriptions goal is definitely bittersweet. But as time has gone by, I have not missed seeing this goal in my book, unlike the first couple of weeks!

An enormous congratulations to all who have completed Sinister sister... And we are all cheering on those still going. Remember to plant some felloras too for rare plant drops. You can do it! :)

Chaotarch
01-05-15, 02:56 AM
so 50% are done...

reliquary
01-05-15, 09:06 AM
so 50% are done...

Zoweeee! 50!
But I'm more amazed by the 500 trade tix!
Do share your method, on average how many trades do you do per day and not deplete all your resources.
I am barely able to do 2-3 per day, and I've added in doing the apple, orange, lemonade trade to send overnight.
Expansion permits are on top priority of my energy usage.....can't chop logs......lol

Chaotarch
01-06-15, 12:54 AM
Zoweeee! 50!
But I'm more amazed by the 500 trade tix!
Do share your method, on average how many trades do you do per day and not deplete all your resources.
I am barely able to do 2-3 per day, and I've added in doing the apple, orange, lemonade trade to send overnight.
Expansion permits are on top priority of my energy usage.....can't chop logs......lol

lol, the method is: trade and dont look in your inventory:rolleyes:
ok, make the 50 inscriptions and 500 trades, cuz it looks nice, so i dont do 5 or 6 trades...
the most trades are eggs&milk ( lol, have a cowpire ), jewels, meatdelievery....ehm and belladonna:eek:

maz3girl
01-06-15, 12:55 PM
I need 7 more inscriptions to finish!! I cannot get pitcher plants to save my life. It's so frustrating.

(I am caught up on all other goals though and am working on expansions at the same time. I have all of the coins paid for them and have almost all of the wisp lanterns needed. Then it's to work on 30 expansion permits. Ugh!)

zenthus
01-06-15, 01:58 PM
Just finished today. And there is no more goals...

Quincy01
01-08-15, 08:59 AM
I'm working on it and it is slow. I am experiencing lack of fertilizer. When I do "gain" them, they don't appear in my inventory to use. Anyone else experience this and what is the remedy?

belbar22
01-08-15, 10:17 AM
Having finished this goal in my main account a few weeks ago, it has just appeared in my other account.....Here I go again. This time I willl have the fortune teller logs and the fellora plants to help me out so hopefully it won't be so stressful.

reliquary
01-08-15, 10:18 AM
The remedy is building 5-7 conservatories ....or as many as u can:) Remember also that only cows and sheep drop fertilizer.

I need 23 expansion permits total to fully expand.....that's 690 trade tickets!?!
I slacked on doing trades while hunting for glimmerbits and shards.
If I could do it all over, it really would be worthwhile to constantly tap cows for milk and fertilizer.......lol

All the expansion permits to fully expand make Sister, Sister look wayyyyy easy!

roguebee
01-08-15, 10:57 AM
Since I try to do the milk and egg exchange at least once a day, I tend to collect from my cows on a very regular basis. The herd has grown to 9 over time. After cleaning up after them in the field, fertilizer is not usually a problem. Unless a weekly update expects me to dump a big load somewhere.

Chaotarch
01-08-15, 01:23 PM
lol, royal cows drop fertilizer 4,5 : 1 // means my 148 rc's drop 35 - 41 fertilizer if i collect all...:rolleyes: