PDA

View Full Version : Pyre festival tent

ryusei745
08-13-14, 06:28 PM
It was announced that the tent would drop nothing after the festival is over, but all this work over just decorations seems to have very little payoff. I would actually like to see the level 7 tent drops minerals and jewels after the event is finished. I figure we have enough that drops random food items. It doesn't have to drop a lot of those items. Just 1 iron 1 silver 1 jewel and maybe a chance at multiples. It doesn't even have to always drop all three items. Just something other than it becoming another decoration we've slaved over. It would also give us more incentive to finish it, even at the cost of gems.

CottageRose
08-13-14, 06:49 PM
Frankly, I don't care if it ever drops jewels, ore, or whatever... I don't want the tent that shall not be named on display. The minute this festival is over it's going in the back corner of my storage shed, where it can gather cobwebs. lol

ryusei745
08-13-14, 07:10 PM
well thats fine for you, but i would just hide it behind something else just to hide the green glop.

I have seen a pretty good chunk of people complain that this is all too much work just for a little more decor. and to me personally it seems extremely pointless, but im compelled to do it anyways, as all i have going for me is the light sword portion of glimmergate and waiting for a burning ember.

I have also seen a lot of people who it seems would actually spend gems on this tent to finish it if it would actually give us something of use in return, beyond something that only applies to this event. it doesnt have to drop anything extra like the ores i suggested until after the event anyways. the dragon event i loved completely and even bought gems for it. and yes people complained about that one too, but at least the prizes were USEFUL.

SpiritWind00
08-13-14, 08:01 PM
Good post ryusei, I have NO other goals, so decorative prizes or not, I'm in it with the community as something extra and fun to do. Can't chat more, need to chop! Tally-ho! ;)

babman
10-10-14, 01:59 AM
I have no room for stuff that does not give me anything in return. This tent was disambled and stored as soon as it was of no use for me.
I agree that it would have been a good idea to let it drop anything or at least give me some more royal points for taking up all that space in my crowded yard ;-)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-10-14, 06:02 AM
As most others, I stored my Pyre tent immediately after the event, too.
But then lo & behold, I found some uses for it & started to randomly pull it back out of storage. Y'all might too, lol. All it takes is minor redecoration of your kingdom for a short period of time!

Post Pyre Festival Tent Uses thus far in the North Woods:

- DJ Bla Bla's tent for a disco (& then I found lots of bras in the rafters afterwards lol)
- Poolhouse for a pool party with Lorelei (again, found tons of bathing suits scattered everywhere afterwards lol)
- Location for gift & food buffet tables during a wedding reception (damaged during flood...)
- FEMA rep office ...but then it became completely destroyed from the Great Flood named Ollie lol

Other possible uses in the future:
- Place for carnival games to win stuffed pink ponicorn prizes lol
- Set-up for bobbing for apples or eating donuts on a string or making cotton candy
- Dressing room for changing into H'ween costumes
- Starting place of a scavenger hunt
- Ending place for trick-or-treaters
- Birthday party tent
- Ticket booth for rides or to enter an Autumn corn maze lol
- T.B.D.

Who needs to collect the measly $600 in coins or however-much-it-is when it can be SO MUCH MORE!? Just use your imagination & have fun with it! :)

belbar22
10-10-14, 06:19 AM
Hilarious. You clearly have way too much time on your hands:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-10-14, 06:29 AM
Hilarious. You clearly have way too much time on your hands:)

Au contraire! ....just a VERY vivid imagination, that never stops lol :p

meme1098
10-10-14, 07:25 AM
Au contraire! ....just a VERY vivid imagination, that never stops lol :p

Ok...I'm waiting for the scavenger hunt. Is that one next on your agenda?

On topic: I'm running out of water fast with all this ink crafting

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-12-14, 05:49 AM
Ok...I'm waiting for the scavenger hunt. Is that one next on your agenda?

On topic: I'm running out of water fast with all this ink crafting

TAXES are next on my agenda lol ...and then Thuakie swords to forge prolly about the same time as the H'ween event hits. And *that* (the H'ween event) will probably steer the van called "What will the Pyre tent be next?" lol ;)