PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Christmas and Halloween bakery story for android version says no longer supported

Natasha_07
08-12-14, 06:58 PM
I'm getting a pop up for Bakery & RS with the "...Is an online game and requires internet access..." thing. The problem is that I have internet access and able to surf and open FS but not BS & RS.

Anyone else with this ? Or what to do ?

Thanks.

pixiegamer
08-12-14, 09:35 PM
I got a similar message, but a few times after I tried opening it I got the message that the version I was trying to open was no longer supported. For the record, the one I was trying to open was Restaurant Story: Halloween. I'm a little bummed I can't open it anymore; there were a few recipes I still needed to max out and some items I may have liked to get. I hope they transfer over or come back with a newer version. :(

It's possible this is the case with yours too. Which version of BS and RS are you playing?

larissa2k
08-13-14, 12:38 AM
It's happening to me too am so mad at myself something told me to stock up on those items

amytech
08-13-14, 05:40 AM
Getting this message on the bs Christmas version too...so annoyed I still had recipes on there that needed completion :-(

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 08:10 AM
This has to be a bug.

I tried open on several editions and RS won't open. When I click the "try again" button, I get a pop up which redirects me to iTunes store which is weird because I'm on android.

TL please fix this. I can't open BS or RS anymore.

kooky panda
08-13-14, 08:23 AM
It is possible that TL is no longer supporting any outdated versions of the game.

Check under menu- help. Current version number is 1.5.5.7.8.

steelersbabyyy
08-13-14, 08:33 AM
Does anyone else who has an android phone and has the old christmas and halloween versions of the game can't open them?

When i try to open them it says I dont have an online connection but then it tells me that this version of bakery story is no longer supported?

I know this has happened to android users for other team lava games but I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem for the old bakery stories.

I've messaged team lava so I'm just waiting to hear back

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 08:54 AM
It is possible that TL is no longer supporting any outdated versions of the game.

Check under menu- help. Current version number is 1.5.5.7.8.

Thanks for replying kooky, but as mentioned I cannot open any versions of BS & RS, also when I click "try again" I'm redirected to iTunes store which shouldn't be, as I'm playing on android.

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 08:57 AM
Does anyone else who has an android phone and has the old christmas and halloween versions of the game can't open them?

When i try to open them it says I dont have an online connection but then it tells me that this version of bakery story is no longer supported?

I know this has happened to android users for other team lava games but I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem for the old bakery stories.

I have something similar, I get the "online issue" but my case is different. When I click "try again" I'm redirected to iTunes which is strange because I'm playing on an android device.

BTW I can't open any versions of BS & RS.

steelersbabyyy
08-13-14, 09:23 AM
i actually have the same issue once it says bakery story is no longer supported then i click okay and it takes me to itunes. and im like uhh i dont even have an iphone whats going on

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 09:28 AM
LOL! But were you able to open BS or RS on the regular edition, if any ?

I can't on any & that sucks!

steelersbabyyy
08-13-14, 09:31 AM
i can open the regular bs and rs and every other bs and rs like thanksgiving valentines day. its just christmas and halloween editions i cant open and i was in the middle of baking all the christmas stuff for the original ovens so now im mad! i already messaged team lava like twice haha

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 09:34 AM
Thanksgiving edition not working for me... :(

I hope TL fixes this.

The latest edition for BS I had was Farmers Market (something like that) which I uninstall, as well as other editions to see which will let me in.

steelersbabyyy
08-13-14, 09:54 AM
i really hope so too. i know i checked on forums for other games and theres alot of other team lava games that have the same problem

kooky panda
08-13-14, 10:06 AM
This has to be a bug.

I tried open on several editions and RS won't open. When I click the "try again" button, I get a pop up which redirects me to iTunes store which is weird because I'm on android.

TL please fix this. I can't open BS or RS anymore.

Thanks for replying kooky, but as mentioned I cannot open any versions of BS & RS, also when I click "try again" I'm redirected to iTunes store which shouldn't be, as I'm playing on android.
Try restarting your device and try to open one of the games again.

steelersbabyyy
08-13-14, 10:14 AM
i've restarted my phone over 5 times. i've even deleted the games and installed them again. its gibing me the same message. that the versions in bakery story is no longer supported and that i need an internet connection. my regular bakery story and thanksgiving and valentines day works fine. its just christmas and halloween versions. it worked most of the day yesterday until about like 6 or 7 pm last night. i also dont understand why it brings me to itunes after it says to download the new version. i dont even have an iphone.

I think it is a bug because its not just bakery and restaurant story. its other games as well.

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 10:14 AM
Try restarting your device and try to open one of the games again.

Thank youuu kooky!

I restarted once again and my games are back! Happy! :D

Natasha_07
08-13-14, 10:16 AM
i've restarted my phone over 5 times. i've even deleted the games and installed them again. its gibing me the same message. that the versions in bakery story is no longer supported and that i need an internet connection. my regular bakery story and thanksgiving and valentines day works fine. its just christmas and halloween versions. it worked most of the day yesterday until about like 6 or 7 pm last night. i also dont understand why it brings me to itunes after it says to download the new version. i dont even have an iphone.

I think it is a bug because its not just bakery and restaurant story. its other games as well.

Yeah I did that too... I work just now.

But turn off your device this time and leave it off for 1 minute, turn on device and open RS or BS.

steelersbabyyy
08-13-14, 10:30 AM
yes it works!! thank you soo much!!!

DessertWolf
08-13-14, 10:36 AM
Glad to hear everything's working fine for you all again. If you experience any difficulties logging onto your game again, please let us know! Thanks!

bakealot003
08-13-14, 04:59 PM
hooray I was in panic mode...I couldn't get into the old versions either ...but now today I can get into the old xmas & thksgiving & Halloween versions.

My bakery is now full of boxes of xmas, mothers day & hallow ovens to build ...I was thinking ugh U should have stocked up while I could so now its stock up time!! And right at goals... Keeps it exciting right? LOL!

Thks for allowing us access again hooray :) :)

Natasha_07
08-19-14, 06:46 PM
I'm having the same stupid thing all over again. Can't get into no Bakery or Restaurant, please fix. :mad:

It's annoying that this happens often.

bakealot003
08-19-14, 08:04 PM
Hi,

This issue was occurring last week but was fixed:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72025-Christmas-and-Halloween-bakery-story-for-android-version-says-no-longer-supported

However it is now happening again. If you could wave your magic fixing wand over this again that would be awesome.

Details:

Error Message: Oh Darn Bakery Story is an online game and requires internet access but I wasn't able to connect. Please double check your connection and I'll try again.

Error Message received on Xmas & Halloween versions

My Device: Samsung Android GT- P5210

I can access the current Bakery Story Version: Farmers Market so my net connection is stable.

many thks for any assistance

ExotiCAT
08-19-14, 11:28 PM
Same thing began happening me last night on both Halloween restaurant and bakery stories. Other editions of those can be accessed so my internet connection is solid. Problem is happening on both devices.
Android LGMS659
Android LGMS770
I don't wish to use another edition of the game for a few reasons

steelersbabyyy
08-20-14, 06:18 AM
im not sure if this has anything to do with it. but the last time this happened is when they added new content. and i know on facebook bakery story posted that new content is coming out. so maybe everytime something comes out this happens?because now i can get it to regular bakery story. but i cant get into halloween or christmas. i keep getting an error message. and i always play halloween or christmas so i hope this can get fixed soon

kooky panda
08-20-14, 08:14 AM
I will report this over.

kooky panda
08-20-14, 10:56 AM
Not good news guys..

This round of unsupported versions are intended. If you're on an old version of the game, please update to the latest base version.
I believe all the current versions have the same version number... 1.5.7.7.8.

If you are having issues with one of the current versions, please post here.

Natasha_07
08-20-14, 11:05 AM
Not good news guys..

This round of unsupported versions are intended. If you're on an old version of the game, please update to the latest base version.
I believe all the current versions have the same version number... 1.5.7.7.8.

If you are having issues with one of the current versions, please post here.

I had this issue this morning on the Farmer's edition in BS when the game froze, also now I'm getting the same error in PET SHOP STORY too ?

This is very UNFAIR. To have 3 games now giving the same issues is not acceptable, how are we supposed to play.

kooky panda
08-20-14, 11:09 AM
I had this issue this morning on the Farmer's edition in BS when the game froze, also now I'm getting the same error in PET SHOP STORY too ?

This is very UNFAIR. To have 3 games now giving the same issues is not acceptable, how are we supposed to play.
You should be able to play the bakery farmers edition, because is it a current version.
Have you tried closing out all other applications running the back ground?
Have you tried moving your games to your SD card?

If on wifi, try turning off your wifi and then turn it back on.

steelersbabyyy
08-20-14, 11:29 AM
so we cant play halloween or christmas versions anymore????? ugh...really.

Natasha_07
08-20-14, 11:30 AM
You should be able to play the bakery farmers edition, because is it a current version.
Have you tried closing out all other applications running the back ground?
Have you tried moving your games to your SD card?

If on wifi, try turning off your wifi and then turn it back on.

Already done all of that several times, also all my games on my tablet are on the SD card.

Natasha_07
08-20-14, 11:33 AM
so we cant play halloween or christmas versions anymore????? ugh...really.

Kooky can you please tell us if it will be possible to open those special/holiday editions just ONCE more so we could purchase the ovens/related decor ?

I would like to get the ovens as I never purchased those editions stuff.

Thanks!

steelersbabyyy
08-20-14, 11:36 AM
i agree with natasha!! i would like to purchase the rest of the ovens for both games. i dont think its fair that we cant play halloween or christmas 2012 versions anymore. We should be able to play whatever version we wanted to.

steelersbabyyy
08-20-14, 12:53 PM
just turn your phone off for a couple minutes and turn it back on. it works after that

ElaineCarrel
08-27-14, 07:28 PM
i agree with natasha!! i would like to purchase the rest of the ovens for both games. i dont think its fair that we cant play halloween or christmas 2012 versions anymore. We should be able to play whatever version we wanted to.
Apple players haven't been able to play the old Halloween or Christmas versions ever since they switched to iOS 7 system which means were not able to build any of those ovens or use the decor either. We weren't given any warning before hand either so y should u get more time. I would've loved to of been able to build more of the special ovens but I couldn't. So my question to the android users is y should u be able to access those when we can't? Android players for the longest time complained that Apple users had an unfair advantage and that we got everything. Look as this being evening out the playing field again. Also I believe u receive free gems every time u download a new version and Apple users don't. Do u think that's fair to us, Apple players? I don't but u don't c us complaining every time Androids receive a new version to download.

D2Fly
09-25-14, 08:33 PM
whoever said android users have access to the older ovens was so wrong! that's was what I had heard so I went an got this dumb android tablet.. I haven't seen any extra gems when downloading new versions or any possible way to get the older ovens/stoves.. so sad...if they are not going to let us build them can't they take down their materias from the gifts?

gavalias01
09-30-14, 11:11 AM
I've been able to always go back and add to my holiday decor. But not this year. I hope the Halloween version isn't released so late like last year. What a shame :-(

ElaineCarrel
09-30-14, 05:43 PM

I play on Apple devices but one of my nbrs who's also plays on android device told me that the Christmas and Halloween versions had been discontinued and that u had to b playing on the most current versions. Something about they'd gotten old and ud b getting newer versions this go around.
Let me remind u that this is what she'd told me, I don't have firsthand knowledge.