PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Leopard? Expansion? electric animals?

hansmolln
08-13-14, 07:00 AM
hi everyone

has anyone seen this message? I already expanded everwhere that I could and coincidentally clicked on the forest. Maybe there are finally new updates coming? :) if that is the case: woohoooo!

but there is nothing else to do and no eletric animal anywhere and nothing to expand - so maybe that message was unintentionally released to soon (software develoment: sh*t just happens... ). whatever it is, I have decided to take it as a good sign! :)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14867&d=1407938370

igames4me
08-13-14, 07:17 AM
Oh wow need to get to level 21 fast

I get that message when I click the expansion spot next to the last expansion spot that was available

zenobia42
08-13-14, 08:58 AM
I am still missing 11 of the current animals despite having played enough to be level 24. So a new element will just make me even further behind. But I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need space. As so many of us do. So even if this update puts me further behind in animal collection, at least I will FINALLY have room to grow again, so I am all for it. The sooner the better!

[S8] Regina
08-13-14, 11:57 AM
hi everyone

has anyone seen this message? I already expanded everwhere that I could and coincidentally clicked on the forest. Maybe there are finally new updates coming? :) if that is the case: woohoooo!

but there is nothing else to do and no eletric animal anywhere and nothing to expand - so maybe that message was unintentionally released to soon (software develoment: sh*t just happens... ). whatever it is, I have decided to take it as a good sign! :)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14867&d=1407938370

We'll be taking a look at this, thank you for the info! :)

Anyuszko
08-13-14, 12:11 PM
It disappeared now

SANDSCApe
08-13-14, 12:45 PM
WHAT?!!
I just SOLD several creatures and 4 big habitats, replacing them with small ones just so that I could fit the maximum number of habitats in the severely limited space of 24 plots (11 original plus 13 expansions).

I don't see any mention in my game of further expansions and ... well, there's also the issue that I just invested in additional Dark, Water and Earth habitats to use the space I created. Happy to now have 26/26 habitats (4 still under construction) and a Grand Farm. I hope I don't have to sell again so soon to fit a new element.

Anyuszko
08-13-14, 12:58 PM
WHAT?!!
I just SOLD several creatures and 4 big habitats, replacing them with small ones just so that I could fit the maximum number of habitats in the severely limited space of 24 plots (11 original plus 13 expansions).

I don't see any mention in my game of further expansions and ... well, there's also the issue that I just invested in additional Dark, Water and Earth habitats to use the space I created. Happy to now have 26/26 habitats (4 still under construction) and a Grand Farm. I hope I don't have to sell again so soon to fit a new element.

Dont worry if there would be new element, there should be new expansions as well

hansmolln
08-13-14, 01:56 PM
Dont worry if there would be new element, there should be new expansions as well

Exactly. The way that I understood the text is that there will be an animal, just like the frostfang that we will have to expand to in order to unlock the new element. so when this update is released for real, not just as an accidental text, there will be more space. or maybe... it was no accident but a sneaky way of telling us to hang in there and not get bored because an update will come eventually ;)

@sandscape: I feel your pain, it seems like I'm spending most of my time figuring out how to make space and which duplicates I'm willing to sell (they can have everything but not my chameneons :( )

zenobia42
08-13-14, 01:58 PM
It disappeared now

I just noticed that myself. I am SO bummed. To me, them taking the message away implies that more expansions are NOT actually imminent as we had all really, really, really hoped. I had actually gotten REALLY psyched to expand. Now... still confined to a very small space. :( :( :(

SANDSCApe
08-13-14, 02:07 PM

LOL. Of course. Very excited at that prospect, but I hope the habitat limit keeps rising also.

It sounds like we won't have to breed Lightning or buy its habitat. Likely the same scenario as Frostfang and the first Water Way. I wonder what happens if you expand to a new habitat and you're already at your limit? Oh my!

hansmolln
08-13-14, 02:34 PM
I don't worry so much about the habitat limit. At level 30, the limit is 31 habitats. I have no idea where I should put 31 as long as I want to have any big ones. I have 24 habitats and will buy a 25th tomorrow but then all the space will be used again :(

but I guess when they release new expansions (no matter when that is, they are at least working on it), they will eventually also update the level system and allow more levels and thus more habitats. anything else wouldn't make much sense.

samanthaxrose
08-13-14, 05:41 PM
I have no room for any other habitats and I can have 2 more at my level..idk how that works..lol. We need to be able to expand further!

grameys
08-14-14, 01:22 PM
Fingers crossed for new animals and space :)..
only missing two animals the sea drake and the emerald..
this sounds like an exciting upgrade

zenobia42
08-14-14, 03:49 PM
Soooo....

The Jackalope was introduced on August 1.
The Volcamel was introduced on August 8.
Does that mean we can expect something the next date in that sequence which would be... tomorrow? Fingers crossed it's tomorrow and it involves more expansions this time!!!

zenobia42
08-15-14, 12:34 PM
Ugh. So not only did we NOT get additional expansions today, despite Friday apparently being the day they release updates for this game, but to add insult to injury I am now MAXED on runes... and they don't even have the courtesy to tell us that you cannot have more than 20 runes in your inventory!... so I wasted a couple explosives before realizing my count was not going up... without warning or explanation. And very soon I will hit the max of 15 explosives.

Can someone who works on this game at least please give us an estimate of how long we have to sit in a holding pattern until expansions become available? Pretty please?

MelodicStars
08-15-14, 02:04 PM
Ugh. So not only did we NOT get additional expansions today, despite Friday apparently being the day they release updates for this game, but to add insult to injury I am now MAXED on runes... and they don't even have the courtesy to tell us that you cannot have more than 20 runes in your inventory!... so I wasted a couple explosives before realizing my count was not going up... without warning or explanation. And very soon I will hit the max of 15 explosives.

Can someone who works on this game at least please give us an estimate of how long we have to sit in a holding pattern until expansions become available? Pretty please?
Regrettably, the staff/developers are not allowed to tell us about content in an upcoming update unless they all decide to. I've read it from a staff member who posted that when somebody asked about when new decorations will be released. Well we can still sit and wait :/

zenobia42
08-15-14, 03:38 PM
Regrettably, the staff/developers are not allowed to tell us about content in an upcoming update unless they all decide to. I've read it from a staff member who posted that when somebody asked about when new decorations will be released. Well we can still sit and wait :/

Well, I wish they cared about us enough to call a 10-minute meeting to decide to say at least either "We expect it in next Friday's update" or "it is weeks out". And I don't understand why they need a committee to be able to tell us anything. The individual Team Lava folks over in the Castle Story discussion are very communicative and really helpful. I wish that were the way all of Team Lava games were. :(

[S8] Regina
08-15-14, 03:47 PM
Well, I wish they cared about us enough to call a 10-minute meeting to decide to say at least either "We expect it in next Friday's update" or "it is weeks out". And I don't understand why they need a committee to be able to tell us anything. The individual Team Lava folks over in the Castle Story discussion are very communicative and really helpful. I wish that were the way all of Team Lava games were. :(

Unfortunately, we cannot give an absolute response, as sometimes, there may be last minute delays, and submitting updates do take time as they are processed by the Apple Store. Hence, we are unable to give an exact date.

Thank you very much for your patience! :)

zenobia42
08-15-14, 04:26 PM
Regina;950156']Unfortunately, we cannot give an absolute response, as sometimes, there may be last minute delays, and submitting updates do take time as they are processed by the Apple Store. Hence, we are unable to give an exact date.

Thank you very much for your patience! :)

Thanks, Regina. Whether intentional or not, you actually did give me some info I personally did not have before - your response implies that our ability to expand further than our current boundaries requires a game update in the App Store. The weekly new animal(s) can be revealed every Friday. But further expansions require we update our app... which timeline I know cannot be predicted - once you guys' work is done, the timeline for us getting it is entirely in the hands of Apple. I had thought that further expansions was something that could just be rolled out with weekly updates to the info on the server. But if it's an App update, that's something else entirely and explains why no info. I do hope something with at least a few expansions is submitted to Apple soon, though, if it hasn't been yet. I really enjoy this game - it is the first and only one that was a quest in my Castle Story app to download and play that I have continued to play long after those quests expired. But the inability to build anything is making it less fun. I am hoping that can be rectified before I lose interest in the game is all.

Thanks again for replying. :)

SANDSCApe
08-15-14, 08:20 PM
Grrrrr! The limit on stored explosives & runes is getting on my last nerve. I keep "blowing off" my explosives in exchange for a few coins & fruits since I can't hold more runes. But I just put a 45-hour egg to nest and got only 1 explosive because I forgot to blow off 7 in advance.

Equally annoying: levelling up to find our habitat allowance increased yet again, but we can't build anymore for lack of space. I'm not the only one who has sold off big habitats and bought small ones because of this dilemma. Players shouldn't have to reverse their progress to add habitats and creatures. At present, the game cannot sustain it's own development. Those of us who have pushed ahead are now threading water or back-tracking.

So please, TeamLava, forgive us if after waiting patiently for Friday, we are less than excited to find that all you've done is add one rare creature. Wow. Rockodile. Really?

cquinn32
08-16-14, 07:31 AM
This game isn't off to a very good start IMO, you'd think they would have been I little more prepared!! I left DS to come and play this game figuring it was brand new and wouldn't have all the habitat and space issues but here we are hoping for all these new updates and all we get is another animal.