PDA

View Full Version : 3G network Problems?

Squidlish
08-12-14, 04:37 PM
The Squid is distraught!

I haven't been able to play ALL DAY LONG as I seem to be having some problems with my iPhone.

I wish I was more tech-savvy - I just don't understand how this all works.

I can send text messages, place and make calls no problem. But CS and other online apps are not working.
I just get that running horse and "CS is an online game and please check your internet connection" message...

I am working from home today, and my wifi and laptop are functioning no problem...
And my wifi-connection on my phone seems to be just fine. So why would I be getting that message?

The only thing I can see on my phone is the little "3G" is missing beside the reception bars and carrier identifier (which is Fido)

Are there any technical gurus out there who might point me in the direction of figuring this out?

(If not - then maybe just some commiseration? I'm now even more behind on my hunt for sun-stones!)

:confused:

[S8] Elsa
08-12-14, 05:04 PM
Hi Squidlish! Can you power off your device, wait 2 minutes, and then power it back on. This will ensure that your phone is completely disconnected from any signals. When you power it back on, it'll refresh your connection. Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Squidlish
08-12-14, 05:37 PM
Elsa;947903']Hi Squidlish! Can you power off your device, wait 2 minutes, and then power it back on. This will ensure that your phone is completely disconnected from any signals. When you power it back on, it'll refresh your connection. Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Hi Elsa! I have tried this many times already today to no avail...
Just tried again, and still nothing.

As mentioned, I don't think this is actually a CS problem -- so I really appreciate you trying to help!

[S8] Elsa
08-12-14, 05:51 PM
Hi Elsa! I have tried this many times already today to no avail...
Just tried again, and still nothing.

As mentioned, I don't think this is actually a CS problem -- so I really appreciate you trying to help!

:( Sorry to hear that didn't work. Just so I have this correct, you can play Castle Story over Wifi, but not over 3G? Or are you unable to get into the game at all?

The signals that send data are different than the ones that send calls and SMS. If there's a data outage with your cell service provider, this could explain why you can't play over 3G at this time. You can probably check your provider's website or call their customer service to confirm if there's an outage.

However, if your wifi is working fine on your other devices, you should be able to play Castle Story over wifi too.

Squidlish
08-12-14, 06:08 PM
Elsa;947916']:( Sorry to hear that didn't work. Just so I have this correct, you can play Castle Story over Wifi, but not over 3G? Or are you unable to get into the game at all?

The signals that send data are different than the ones that send calls and SMS. If there's a data outage with your cell service provider, this could explain why you can't play over 3G at this time. You can probably check your provider's website or call their customer service to confirm if there's an outage.

However, if your wifi is working fine on your other devices, you should be able to play Castle Story over wifi too.

Hi again Elsa!
Thank you for explaining all that. So no - I cannot play the game at all... or any other online apps.
I will try to check with my service provider.
Thanks again for trying to help!

kooky panda
08-12-14, 06:14 PM
Hi again Elsa!
Thank you for explaining all that. So no - I cannot play the game at all... or any other online apps.
I will try to check with my service provider.
Thanks again for trying to help!

When I have connection issues on 3G, I go to my settings- safari- and clear out cookies and Data.
This will sometimes fix my issue.

CottageRose
08-12-14, 06:48 PM
There was a major service issue today with Level 3, an American nationwide internet backbone provider, down for quite a while this morning and causing impacts into early afternoon. It caused a ripple effect through most of the major carriers, like ATT and Verizon. I don't know if this specifically affected you, but it did affect a lot of people in different areas, with either bad slowdowns or no connections. Just a possibility...

There were issues across Canada as well, but the names of the Canadian carriers escapes me. :)

Squidlish
08-12-14, 08:43 PM
Thanks Elsa, Kooky and CottageRose...
I've just spent the past hour and half on the line with "TechSupport" ... and we got nowhere.
I need to bring my phone in to be looked at apparently.
So very frustrating!

Wish me luck everyone... I'm starting to exhibit withdrawal symptoms.
I may need to actually, I dunno, read a book or something tonight instead of tending my kingdom!!!

CottageRose
08-12-14, 09:22 PM
Good luck, Squidlish! Hopefully it can be easily resolved in person.