PDA

View Full Version : Why give dire boars less energy?

EBJW
08-09-14, 01:25 AM
Question:
why do the dire boars give so little energy back after defeating compared to the other beasts?

The energy gained from fighting dire boars is always significantly less than what I spend. In the fights with the other beasts I get even or get some extra.

?

ebils
08-11-14, 11:59 AM
Hi EBJW,

The energy drops from Dire Boars are the same as Skunkupines, Fangbeasts and other Beasts.

Queenzod
08-11-14, 12:43 PM
Hi EBJW,

The energy drop from the Dire Boar have the same percentage as Skunkupine and Fangbeast.

Really? Then why do we consistently lose 4-5 energy per beast? It rarely takes less than 7 hits to dispatch one, and I usually only get 2-3 back. Even with Fangbeasts, I'll only lose 1-2. With skunkupines, I usually come out even, sometimes even gain. I know you're storm8 staff, but in all my years of monster fighting (lol), I'm just not seeing what you're saying.

cloudsail
08-11-14, 12:52 PM
I think he means that the energy amount you can get back is the same, so that's why you lose energy for boars, because they cost the most. And skunkupines are the best because they only have 3 health.

I think you should increase the range of possible energy gain for boars because 8 health is really a lot.

Queenzod
08-11-14, 12:57 PM
I think he means that the energy amount you can get back is the same, so that's why you lose energy for boars, because they cost the most. And skunkupines are the best because they only have 3 health.

I think you should increase the range of possible energy gain for boars because 8 health is really a lot.

Oh. *percentages!* I get it. Well, it's still horrible. ;)

8hat
08-11-14, 01:04 PM
If your luck is anything like mine...
The Dire Boar usually spawns with the last or nearly last click of energy. Meaning, as I hack away at the beast I have to pick up the little energy bits he drops along the way...last hack...and there, finally got him. And then there's my 2 energy he dropped on the ground.

roguebee
08-11-14, 04:13 PM
It sure seems that way, you're using up the last bit of energy before going to bed and poof, up he pops with about nothing left to fight with.

zenobia42
08-12-14, 09:32 AM
If your luck is anything like mine...
The Dire Boar usually spawns with the last or nearly last click of energy. Meaning, as I hack away at the beast I have to pick up the little energy bits he drops along the way...last hack...and there, finally got him. And then there's my 2 energy he dropped on the ground.

Yep, I have that luck as well.

I agree that the net energy loss from boars is a bummer. It usually not only takes me 6-7 energy to **** it, typically get maybe 1 energy back from 1 of those hits, then 2 at the end. Net energy loss of 3-4 energy every boar. And the boars pop up for me WAY more than fangbeasts and skunkupines combined. But at least now they sometimes drop troll horns. (Or, if they always did, I just never got them until somewhat recently). Though I really wish they'd drop more of them. Saving up for the Troll Hunter Trade exchange is a bit annoying - you make the exchange and 2 days later you are right back at 99 bones and 99 teeth... and 2 troll horns. So you wait forever to get back up to 20 horns and repeat the pattern.

walilacsh
08-18-14, 10:43 PM
I HATE the boars! I am so tired of them "stealing" all my energy. I am also about fed up with the rate they 'appear'. I get one ****ed, try to collect from one thing and bam - there is another. It is so frustrating I want to scream and throw the phone across the room. Better yet - I may just quit this stupid boar infested game!!!!!!!!!

PurpleScorpion76
08-19-14, 02:25 AM
Though I really wish they'd drop more of them. Saving up for the Troll Hunter Trade exchange is a bit annoying - you make the exchange and 2 days later you are right back at 99 bones and 99 teeth... and 2 troll horns. So you wait forever to get back up to 20 horns and repeat the pattern.

I did the same thing but have utilised this quest to build on my troll horns I did my first Troll Hunter exchange yesterday got to around 92 horns and though it was time don't want to max on them I hate that message I always feel like I've lost a gift.

Chaotarch
08-19-14, 04:07 AM
yesterday have a nearly perfect boar:

1 hit = -2 and 1 energy
2 hit = -2
3 hit = -2 and 1 energy
4 hit = dead and 3 energy... so if you are lucky you get +1 energy, possible 2:rolleyes: lol, never happened...

zenobia42
10-19-14, 01:35 PM
In contrast to Chaotarch, today, yet again, I had the WORST possible boar encounter:

hit #1 = -1
hit #2 = -1
hit #3 = -1
hit #4 = -1
hit #5 = -1
hit #6 = -1
hit #7 = -1
hit #8 = finally dead and only 2 energy dropped.

The boar cost 8 energy to **** and only returned 2, for a net of -6 energy.

I HATE boars. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who usually loses 4-5 energy on the basterds and has numerous times had the worst-case -6 result. It's SO annoying. Even the candy corn for the event dropping from this one was not worth that amount of energy.

TL, can you PLEASE make the boars less of an energy drain?

Queenzod
10-19-14, 02:17 PM
Even the Troll King that took 100 hits (or whatever I don't remember) you got back at least half your energy, and it was more like 60%. It's not a good idea to have the same rate for all daily beasts. The bigger they are, the worse the return. And the boars are just everywhere. I really wish TL would do something about it. At least raise the cap to 50. That would help.

CLOVERKAITO
10-19-14, 02:51 PM
I also hate these boars so much!