PDA

View Full Version : Make Level 15 Recoloring Optional

SANDSCApe
08-07-14, 10:17 PM
I won't question TeamLava's decision to add five levels and a 3rd evolution to the lifeline of our creatures. In doing so, you have stretched the range of each animal's income such that it now earns at Level 10 what it should have earned at Level 7 or 8. It's Level 15 earnings are a terribly small increase from Level 10, considering the exorbitant amount if food required to get it there.

But my suggestion has nothing to do with the daunting economics of raising the creatures. My quarrel is an aesthetic one. Perhaps it was too much of an investment to have your artistic team create a true 4th form. So you went with altered skins instead. But the color scheme is sickly. Pale purple and aqua spray on ALL the L15 creatures, as though they had passed through a washed-out aurora borealis, or got powdered in a Pagwa festival. On some creatures, it actually manages to look okay, but it creates a sameness among all creatures at that level.

The beauty of the creatures' colors is being lost under the L15 recoloring. Please give players the option to retain the original coloring of their creatures. Perhaps you can provide a color switch that can be turned on or off for any creature at L15. ON if the player wants the new skin; OFF if the player wants the original skin. I will wager that many players would return their animals to their L14 colors if you gave them a choice.

chalupa2030
08-07-14, 10:52 PM
I only have one at level 15 ~ just evolved him! I love the added colors! You really don't like the the added purple on the coyote/wolf? Can't recall his name?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/8d64d5d5c128b2b08773fe243cd499de.jpg

SANDSCApe
08-08-14, 01:56 AM
I only have one at level 15 ~ just evolved him! I love the added colors! You really don't like the the added purple on the coyote/wolf? Can't recall his name?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/8d64d5d5c128b2b08773fe243cd499de.jpg

I DID say that some creatures look fine with it. Frostfang looks okay (but a lot less frosty now). You may be happy with one or two animals recolored in purple or aqua. It may be quite another matter when more and more of your creatures have the same color wash. I don't understand why they are only splashing the SAME 2 (or maybe 3) colors onto this "new form".
Most players who have raised creature to L15 have done so with the common ones, in particular the non-hybrids (Pyro Pony, Pandaffofil, Rock Rhino, Frostfang & Skyger). It's easy enough to add duplicates of common creatures if you prefer the original color. But super-rares and ultra-rares?

SANDSCApe
08-08-14, 07:52 AM
If you LOVE your L15 creatures, please post their pics and hourly income in the "Creatures Epic Stage" thread of the Fantasy Forest Discussions forum.

Zaroi
08-28-14, 12:53 PM
I agree, and I've only evolved frostfang. Hate the look, and I won't evolve more creatures to L15. L15 is ridiculous anyway.

hansmolln
08-28-14, 09:47 PM
I only evolved the rock rhino and I hate it. I keep thinking about selling it and getting a new one that I would only evolve to level 10. There are actually some animals that look good after their recoloring but most just look crappy. Like a cheap afterthought that was done by the intern.