PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck Club

zenobia42
08-07-14, 04:23 PM
So as I sit and wait for monsters to spawn to progress in the current event, after spending all day yesterday and the day before etc. ****ing literally like a dozen monsters that I did *not* want, I thought about all the other luck-based aspects of this game that trip me up. And I'm sure a lot of other people have had bad luck in one aspect of the game or another (if not as many aspects as my luck seems bad in, lol)... and I thought we'd share our war stories. So...

What is the longest you have waited for something luck-based in this game and what was it?

e.g. I have had 2 deep mines that I have always collected from twice a day religiously. One for about a month and a half, the other for about 3 months. And I have never gotten a Large Diamond. I need one to be able to eventually hatch the dragon egg I got from my Forgotten Roost a month ago. what makes it worse is that I have *7* other large, and utterly useless, gems. But no diamond. So I can't move forward with thte quest. Now, I'm sure that can't be the longest anyone's gone without getting one, but my bad luck in this game is more that nearly everything luck-based just takes me at least twice as long as normal to get. If I'm low on silver for example, and click both sparkling mines 5 times a day, I'll get 3 silver total from them for the whole day. When I go on adventures and get the rare treat of it dropping an item, only 5 times in the 6 months I've been playing the game has it actually been a useful item (one that produces something) as opposed to a decoration, and never ever a Royal animal or this mysterious "Dark Cave Formation" everyone else seems to get half the time they do the Dark Caves. That kind of thing. But I'm sure some folks out there have had some more spectacular instances here or there of bad luck holding them back for long times. Let's commiserate!

dalexxx
08-08-14, 04:49 AM
Spend 173 gems on ask your neighbors thing..... So useless

ShibuyaCloth
08-08-14, 08:31 AM
The Dragon is a looooooong quest. Took me 1/2 a year to get my first.

brdwybaby
08-08-14, 08:10 PM
Took me from February 2013 to December 2013 to get both a horn and wing to make my very first Alicorn from the LoveShack. I remember around August I had completely given up hope and wrote to TeamLava begging them to take down the goal from my Kingdom Goals log. I was so sick of it staring me in the face, day after day, reminding me of my failure. I've gotten two more Alicorns since then, bringing the grand total up to 3. But that first one... I don't want to ever go through a wait like that in-game again! :rolleyes:

brenstal
08-08-14, 11:42 PM
It took me forever to get the dragon, too. That's suppose to take a long time. Some quests are meant to just sit in your quest book for a while, and then it feels like a real victory when you pass them. I think I bought my first burning ember for the 100 in gems, which was worth it for me. It pays to just play the game for a long time, because eventually everything comes to you. The longest thing for me was probably the quest where Thurston gives you all the badges to eventually get the Knights' Hall. I think it took about half a year. I also remember it taking a really long time for me to get the golden apple for Sir Piggles. At the moment, I'm still working on the inscriptions for Sister, Sister. It takes me a really long time to get up all the Glimmer Pitcher Plants to make the trades.

It might seem like people get a lot for adventures, but useful things are really rare. I have so make overgrown benches. I've played for around a year, and I've only gotten a small number of really good drops: a few glimmerdust troves, a Multi-Color Hedge, a couple fruit trees, one Dark Cave Formation, a pig, a maple tree, a few traps, an energy crate, a few animals. I don't have a royal animal either. You just kind of have to be patient about it.

meme1098
08-09-14, 06:54 AM
Those are some pretty nice drops from adventures. Mine are mostly ordinary stuff but have gotten a few glimmer troves, many lemon trees (lemonade anyone?), a few royal cows, & a few cave formations but never have gotten an energy crate, maple tree or multi colored hedge. Those are some very nice drops indeed. :cool:

reliquary
08-09-14, 08:44 AM
I don't know if it's bad luck or just the incredibly slow pace of the game at ~ lv32
I only have "raw materials" Golden Fleece diamond and ember.....ugh:(
And "thurstons bravery" the sword and hilt of darkness of glimmergate2
It's been about 2 weeks of clicking sheep and stables and everyday adventures to g. Gate alternating d. Sands
I do feel rather proud when I can kick out 3 sweet feasts a day:)
But if it wasn't for this event I'd be bored to death.

I've made printouts of Griselda, g.gate 3, blythewood etc. and know I have a bunch ahead, but am just stuck on the silly random drops......toooooo slooooow me thinks. And will be stuck here again waiting for the sword and hilt of light:(
This makes waiting for the golden apple seem like the good old days:)

TheRealSupervolker
08-09-14, 01:49 PM
e.g. I have had 2 deep mines that I have always collected from twice a day religiously. One for about a month and a half, the other for about 3 months. And I have never gotten a Large Diamond. I need one to be able to eventually hatch the dragon egg I got from my Forgotten Roost a month ago. what makes it worse is that I have *7* other large, and utterly useless, gems. But no diamond. So I can't move forward with thte quest. Now, I'm sure that can't be the longest anyone's gone without getting one, but my bad luck in this game is more that nearly everything luck-based just takes me at least twice as long as normal to get. If I'm low on silver for example, and click both sparkling mines 5 times a day, I'll get 3 silver total from them for the whole day.

I speeded a lot of things by free diamonds from game downloads. This free diamond concept is really fair.

But yes, this game taught me patience :-)

transberry
08-10-14, 01:23 PM
Over 20 adventures and no columns
It took me until just this June to get parts needed to hatch the dragon

Now troll castle needs woven cloth, but cannot be made in workshop so what do you do

Still no ailcorn wing, got the horn recently

SpiritWind00
08-11-14, 01:34 AM
Over 20 adventures and no columns
It took me until just this June to get parts needed to hatch the dragon

Now troll castle needs woven cloth, but cannot be made in workshop so what do you do

Still no ailcorn wing, got the horn recently

I was just reading your posts from another thread where you mentioned this. At the time I don't think anyone took this many tries for columns. If I were you I would send TL an email and get them to check your game. If you have anything that is amiss in your game, post it in the bugs thread so that storm/TL staff can look into your issue quicker. Good luck!

Re cloth, this happened to one of my neighbours too as they were working in the troll castle and gazebo and the ability to craft the cloth disappeared when gazebo goal finished but they hadn't finished with cloths for the troll castle. You have to email support for this, it won't fix itself.
Team Lava Support email is: support@teamlava.com

jo_fitz
08-11-14, 09:32 AM
I remember the Alicorns quest. I was so tempted to give up. I got 3 wings before I got the horn. Also the golden apple quest took months.

senshin
08-11-14, 11:53 AM
I've been anxiously awaiting that large diamond for at least 3 weeks myself. The unfortunate part is also needing the drsgon to hatch and then provide the 10 dragon scales to make the adamant bar for the night sword to move along my Griselda quest line. So I'm glad for the Summer Pyre keeping me busy since those are my only two active goals. I'm really wishing I had pushed myself during the dragon event to hatch one, but it would have cost me a fortune in gems :/ Le sigh!

senshin
08-13-14, 10:00 AM
Psst! Did you see the update from Glimmergate?! My deep mine just dropped the large diamond!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71978-Tiny-update-to-some-rare-quest-item-droprates&p=948361&posted=1#post948361http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71978-Tiny-update-to-some-rare-quest-item-droprates&p=948361&posted=1#post948361

zenobia42
08-13-14, 01:41 PM
Psst! Did you see the update from Glimmergate?! My deep mine just dropped the large diamond!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71978-Tiny-update-to-some-rare-quest-item-droprates&p=948361&posted=1#post948361http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71978-Tiny-update-to-some-rare-quest-item-droprates&p=948361&posted=1#post948361

I DID see that! And I got a Burning Ember! AND I got the blade & hilt of darkness! Still no large diamond, though. So no progression in the dragon quest. AND, now that I have the blade & hilt of darkness, the next step in the Glimmergate quest is to craft the Night Glimmer Sword which also requires... dragon scales. So the good news is that if I ever do find that diamond, and therefore get 1 step closer to a dragon, 1 will then also be 1 step closer to being able to work on the next step in the Greselda line. But for now, the large diamond is holding them BOTH up.

reliquary
08-13-14, 01:59 PM
I DID see that! And I got a Burning Ember! AND I got the blade & hilt of darkness! Still no large diamond, though. So no progression in the dragon quest. AND, now that I have the blade & hilt of darkness, the next step in the Glimmergate quest is to craft the Night Glimmer Sword which also requires... dragon scales. So the good news is that if I ever do find that diamond, and therefore get 1 step closer to a dragon, 1 will then also be 1 step closer to being able to work on the next step in the Greselda line. But for now, the large diamond is holding them BOTH up.

Hey Z do you have 2 deep mines? I had so much time to waste waiting for that darn diamond I upgraded one to lv 3. Almost to 4. Future quests will require a lv 5 deep mine.

Sending good luck to you!

zenobia42
08-13-14, 02:28 PM
Hey Z do you have 2 deep mines? I had so much time to waste waiting for that darn diamond I upgraded one to lv 3. Almost to 4. Future quests will require a lv 5 deep mine.

Sending good luck to you!

I have had 2 deep mines for the last month and a half or 2 months. I have not upgraded them because even at level 5, my collection timing would have to be perfect to manage a third collection per day, which didn't seem worth it since they say upgrading resource buildings only affects the collection time not the drop rate. I had no idea we'd need at least one level 5 later! Thanks for the warning! I have inserted upgrading a deep mine near the top of my To Do list!

ETA: Aieeee! The deep mine upgrades are a DOOZY! :eek:

ETA2: well, there is actually no need for me to hurry on upgrading them. I cannot upgrade to level 5 until I have not 1 but *2* adamant. That's gonna take like a year lol!

Castloninian
08-13-14, 02:35 PM
I have had 2 deep mines for the last month and a half or 2 months. I have not upgraded them because even at level 5, my collection timing would have to be perfect to manage a third collection per day, which didn't seem worth it since they say upgrading resource buildings only affects the collection time not the drop rate. I had no idea we'd need at least one level 5 later! Thanks for the warning! I have inserted upgrading a deep mine near the top of my To Do list!

ETA: Aieeee! The deep mine upgrades are a DOOZY! :eek:

ETA2: well, there is actually no need for me to hurry on upgrading them. I cannot upgrade to level 5 until I have not 1 but *2* adamant. That's gonna take like a year lol!
Adamant is a rare drop from Jeweler's trade... One time I even got two in one go.

zenobia42
08-13-14, 02:47 PM
Adamant is a rare drop from Jeweler's trade... One time I even got two in one go.

Ooh! I will try that as well - thanks!

senshin
08-14-14, 01:22 PM
I've scored adamant from the Jewelry's Trade too. Glad to hear you scored the burning ember, blade and hilt! Hope your large diamond comes along soon.