PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 08/07/15 Update World Event: Midsummer Pyre Festival

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

idrispad
08-23-14, 09:53 PM
I guess you can try your best to collect more, and then watch out for the cutoff time.
If you still can't get enough n want the lvl tent badly, then skip it with gems say 10 minutes before the cutoff.
That's pretty fun too.

Oh, I'll still carry on trying but I'm not spending gems on a decoration. I've collected from it at least 4 times a day most days and sometimes I sneaked a 5th collection in when I happened to wake in the middle of the night but still I am short 2 braziers. Unless they tweak the drop rate, it's not happening.

I've scaled back on sunstone production now as I reached 3200 as expected. Still collecting for the community prize but won't buy any more rocks to chop.

EBJW
08-23-14, 10:52 PM
I'm just curious... Those that have finished the personal goals... How many of you are continuing to collect sunstones?

I was just wondering if with the time left if there was a chance of getting the last item.

I don't know anybody who has stopped after reaching the personal prizes!

However me and most neighbours are taking it a little bit easier. I allow myself that: from the beginning on I've concentrated only on those stones, did nothing else. I've neglected my kingdom, it was an obsession, a bit like the Baron and money :rolleyes:
So still collecting, but no more rock outcropping; I've cropped a mountain altogether!
4224 stones now.

silveryedges
08-24-14, 12:56 AM
I'm just curious... Those that have finished the personal goals... How many of you are continuing to collect sunstones?

I was just wondering if with the time left if there was a chance of getting the last item.

Of course :)

I should not play at work so at 3400 and counting. This is a community event so the goal has not been achieved before the last community prize gets unlocked. I have already cleared some space for that lovely lantern because I firmly believe we are going to make it.

Also - good luck for getting the missing braziers everyone!

parasurge
08-24-14, 02:04 AM
Welp with a little over 500 out of 3200 sun stones left to collect its official I'm not going to make the dead line in time oh well. Maybe we will still hit the last community goal.

jim23cash
08-24-14, 02:15 AM
I'm at 4088, and still pushing for the last goal. We have over 1 day left, I think we will make it with time to spare, as long as we all keep trying. I've enjoyed the event, and look forward to the Halloween event! Good Luck everyone still working on personal goals. ;)

Ems152
08-24-14, 03:14 AM
You will get it. You will hv 10 more collection before the cutoff, that alone will give you 240 stones.
Then you need 94 stones from other sources (dragons, manticores, boars, workshop, adventures, mines)
Should be ok.

Thanks! Didn't know you could get stones from manticores! Got 4 of those and could have been collecting the whole time! On 2,983...come on!

BriarAvenue
08-24-14, 03:49 AM
Thanks! Didn't know you could get stones from manticores! Got 4 of those and could have been collecting the whole time! On 2,983...come on!
Oh yes, but it's a random drop. Drop rate is btw 75-100% n it can be more than 1 stone per manticore if it does drop.
I watched the counter when I clicked :)

california2009
08-24-14, 04:04 AM
I think you were right. I have 3077 and still 1 day of collecting. Cross my fingers to be able to connect as much as i need today. But..... I see difficult to get the community goal....

dng1234
08-24-14, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone!

Not to worry... I'm still collecting too but it's no longer my sole focus. I'm now also working on the "sister, sister" goal again and the I & G lessons goal too.

blontj3
08-24-14, 07:49 AM
I just want the fourth individual prize! I now have 1762 sunstones. Need 2000 for the fourth prize. Got 27 hours and 41 minutes left to collect.. Tomorrow I got a long day at work so I don't know if I am able to collect a lot. Oh myy. I already knew I wouldnt be able to finish and collect all individual prizes, but I just want that fourth so bad because it was my own goal :cool: :D

Shylore
08-24-14, 08:37 AM
Apparently. I don't know how to read time. Coulda sworn it showed last hours and no days left. So anyways...I've another day to try and complete. Sure hope I make it.

ciarjen
08-24-14, 08:47 AM
I'm so disappointed and frustrated. Down to last three hours and I'm coming up short. I still need about 220 sunstones. I played many hours day n night. Focusing on making those, chopping rocks, making silver and jewels to create the stones. I have no jewels last day or so. So chop rocks, create jewels when get enough of right stones etc. I was only able to purchase one of the packages since payday isn't till first of month. I honestly thought Id make it. But then I I thought had till night of 3 rd day. Oh well, was fun. But it became painfully obvious that unless can play 24 hrs.(I tried to) and/or spent allot of money it can't be done.
Let again feeling a huge let down. Again!

We have 1 day plus 3 hours left. I am about 150 stones short but should do that by then.

edit - the 3 hour timer is for the value pack.

Liloze
08-24-14, 08:53 AM
4272 ...and counting...
We can make it to the last prize...we still have one day, don't give up folks :)
Doing everything like the first day including chopping rocks.
Waiting for Tent to collect ...in 15 minutes.
We're almost there, if we continue with our efforts, we can get the last prize.
Good luck to all :)

gandalf72
08-24-14, 09:23 AM
The braziers finally dropped. Level 7! Hooray! It can be done!👍

forkyfork99
08-24-14, 10:26 AM
A couple days ago I was at 2800 and thought I wouldn't make the 3200. So I just stopped crafting.

However, I finally upgraded my tent to Level 7 and it helped a LOT. I'm now at 3300. However, still working on those stones for everyone else too.

I was trying to unlock the Plume Hive adventure since I know it gives you even more stones, but since I'm at 3300 it looks like it wasn't necessary. Oh well, i will still take it :)

farmerbrown2010
08-24-14, 10:40 AM
My tent is Level 7 and I have my final prize. I quit pounding rocks but am still collecting sun stones toward the community prize. If you need a neighbor add me - Farmerbrown2010

vednir
08-24-14, 10:48 AM
Collecting from the mines and manticores and dragons and adventures all contributes to the community prize without needing to chop rock formations. Plus now would be a good time to restock on everything for the next time-limited quest.

blontj3
08-24-14, 11:35 AM
Still 23 hours and 55 minutes to go! Oh my, time flies! Still chopping. I WANT THOSE 125 SUNSTONES. :) *totally not frustrated or so* ;)

blontj3
08-24-14, 11:36 AM
when is the next quest expected?

roguebee
08-24-14, 12:41 PM
I would expect it on Thursday and wouldn't be surprised if it is the 2nd anniversary quest.

BriarAvenue
08-24-14, 12:49 PM
Only 10% remaining!

Jennerwein1
08-24-14, 01:31 PM
I would expect it on Thursday and wouldn't be surprised if it is the 2nd anniversary quest.

Aaaah, my fingers are worn out! Got my last prize, still chopping! I need a break!!!!

raghadd1
08-24-14, 01:36 PM
9% is remaining

jptheripper
08-24-14, 01:47 PM
i think they said the next one would be at halloween.

california2009
08-24-14, 01:53 PM
Finally i got it..... Now helping on the community goal as before. Let's go!!

missbandette
08-24-14, 01:53 PM
I'm at 2065 Sun stones, I want that last fairy statue prize so bad! I lost a whole weekend of playing bc I just had too much to do. I love all the new decor, I hope we can get to that last community prize at least.:(

gunnysmum
08-24-14, 02:18 PM
Of course :)

I should not play at work so at 3400 and counting. This is a community event so the goal has not been achieved before the last community prize gets unlocked. I have already cleared some space for that lovely lantern because I firmly believe we are going to make it.

Also - good luck for getting the missing braziers everyone!

I am hoping to reach 6000 sun stones and really hoping the street lanterns are small and plentiful like the pathways

DrP4ever
08-24-14, 03:29 PM
Just got 3200. So glad to be done with that so I can go manage the rest of my kingdom. It has been neglected. I have vegetables and flowers to harvest, cows to milk, eggs to be collected. Oh the mess in my kingdom from lack of dung collection too. Time to get busy and move forward in cleaning my kingdom and restoring it to beauty.

fluffybutter007
08-24-14, 04:02 PM
What a relief! Just collected 3200 sunstones and got the last prize. I'm glad I can get back to nonchalantly playing CS again because my poor kingdom has been forsaken. Been using all my energy to chop rocks. I don't know why, but these timed goals always put me in panic mode. Lol

schmookis
08-24-14, 04:53 PM
We are getting do close. It is so much fun watching the final countdown approach.

hugpete
08-24-14, 06:56 PM
I've slowed down a lot in the past couple of days. Kind of worn out with this world event + the Dragon Story world event. But I'm over 3500 stones now and we're only 3% from the final community prize. ~3.5 million to go.

StarOfTheValley
08-24-14, 07:00 PM
I think that the counting device is broken :))
I'm digging and digging and looking and digging and.....
I'm only having 2560 stones! I'm far, far away from 3200 required for the last price :((

Do you think I have a chance to collect the stones before time runs out?

dng1234
08-24-14, 07:15 PM
Only 3.23 million stones to go with 16 hrs remaining. As things calm down for the night on the east coast the sunstone torch is getting passed on to the west.

Good luck community.

scarletdragon18
08-24-14, 08:48 PM
Anyone else notice that with 892K stones left to go the percentage counter says we're at 100% ? lol :)

BriarAvenue
08-24-14, 08:48 PM
Only 3.23 million stones to go with 16 hrs remaining. As things calm down for the night on the east coast the sunstone torch is getting passed on to the west.

Good luck community.

This is global :) so Europe n Asia are daytime now.
Indicator already showed as 100%, but we have less than 1 million to go!

BriarAvenue
08-24-14, 08:50 PM
Anyone else notice that with 892K stones left to go the percentage counter says we're at 100% ? lol :)

Same as last time, they round the percentage up.
We are 99.xx%.

hugpete
08-24-14, 09:24 PM
35K to go!~

hugpete
08-24-14, 09:27 PM
Just got the last prize. :)

fiberterian
08-24-14, 09:29 PM
Just got the last prize. :)

Yay! We did it!

Now it's time to sleep.

Jennerwein1
We did it!! Yay! We rock! Pretty, but waaaaaay to big! Gotta go into storage, what a bummer.

Squidlish
ummm - WOOO HOOOO WE DID IT! Got the final community prize!!!
YAY TEAM!

(but -- does anyone else find this decoration a little TERRIFYING??? it is HUGE and looks like some kind of alien machine with lazer beams firing down!
I hope it doesn't scare the little critters I have... in my inventory!)

oscarbeebee
08-24-14, 09:33 PM
Well. Looks like I'll eat my words and join the ranks of the complainers :(
I'm so disappointed. That thing is ENORMOUS. Completely out of proportion to everything else in the game. The gazebo and pyre tent are already super sized and don't fit into the kingdom, but the final prize blows everything else out of the water. It looks utterly ridiculous. Mine will be going straight to storage.

Queenzod
08-24-14, 09:34 PM
It *is* rather ginormous! I think it will grow on me, though. If it was some piddly little thing, we'd all be complaining about all that work for THIS?, lol.

JustKay
08-24-14, 09:41 PM
I took my sundial out and put it in. It is a bit ridiculous looking but I've earned it so I'll wear it like a badge with pride :D ... maybe stash it away in a week or so. Even the sundial was a bit large for my kingdom. Had to evict Thomas and move his geriatric arse out to the pastures to make room.

judyvines
08-24-14, 09:45 PM
I knew something like this would happen when the EPA outlawed incandescent light bulbs. That thing could light up all of Atlanta!

Rockylandia
08-24-14, 09:50 PM
ummm - WOOO HOOOO WE DID IT! Got the final community prize!!!
YAY TEAM!

(but -- does anyone else find this decoration a little TERRIFYING??? it is HUGE and looks like some kind of alien machine with lazer beams firing down!
I hope it doesn't scare the little critters I have... in my inventory!)

I wasn't expecting to like it but I really do - yes, it looks like some crazy giant alien structure! I may leave it in place and pretend that alien visitors left it as a beacon.

Queenzod
08-24-14, 10:19 PM
I knew something like this would happen when the EPA outlawed incandescent light bulbs. That thing could light up all of Atlanta!

It's that glowy thing on top of the pyramid in Las Vegas. The one that you can see from space and interfers with planes! Get ready for crash landings!

BriarAvenue
08-24-14, 10:26 PM
Well. Looks like I'll eat my words and join the ranks of the complainers :(
I'm so disappointed. That thing is ENORMOUS. Completely out of proportion to everything else in the game. The gazebo and pyre tent are already super sized and don't fit into the kingdom, but the final prize blows everything else out of the water. It looks utterly ridiculous. Mine will be going straight to storage.

Me too! Place to check the size, n put to storage immediately.
It would be nice if it were 16 1x1 miniature lights,
then each of us can arrange whatever suits our kingdom like the tile.

I will think twice come the Halloween quest. Don't need a 5x5 Jack O Lantern in any case.

BriarAvenue
08-24-14, 10:32 PM
Ghostbusters final scene just came to mind!
Everybody fought so hard against the marshmallow man n the evils,
but after winning, the marshmallow man melt n fell flat upon everybody like a snow storm.
That's how I feel about this gigantic structure.

pinocchiossss
08-24-14, 10:32 PM
Woooohooo Yes! We did it !! 3 hrs later, I will get the 3200 reward !! Haha. Thanks

sulu43
08-24-14, 10:38 PM
I wish I could stick it way, way out in the country somewhere. It just doesn't look right in my town.

zenobia42
08-24-14, 10:59 PM
I wish I could stick it way, way out in the country somewhere. It just doesn't look right in my town.

I have my stuff from this with my gazebo and magic garden and faerie respite and mermaid pond and colorful trees, etc. it is a whole section of my toen now. I think it works! Then i have the flowery fence around it with the flowery gate leadeing between it and the "downton" area, and topiary gate leading to the farm area. The paths we got early on in this work great with the other stuff!

CranberrySweet
08-24-14, 11:08 PM
Glad we got the big one.. Afraid I'll never make it to the last individual prize. I'm 600 shy and can't see a way to get that many in so short a time. Ahhh... Sad. Especially considering I play more than once an hour all day, every day. I honestly don't know what else I could have done - unless it was drop everything and focus all resources for the past two weeks on this. Too difficult.

EBJW
08-24-14, 11:19 PM
I worked so hard on these stones, and now I feel a bit.... empty. I Woke up, opened the game, first thing I see was the third communityprize, I put it down for a second to see what it looks like. Oh... my... :confused: Can't believe it: it's SO huge and SO bright and SO ugly... No offence to those who like it, but...

First of all it was disappointing for lots that it's all about decoration, even the tent afterwards. But okay, so be it. But what bothers me most are the designs: some of them are so huge, and so not lively. It would have been so much better with a bit of animation: a bonfire with no flickering fire? A firefly in a cage: is he asleep, or dead or in coma? Some of the items are disproportionate and all together they require lots of space lots of us don't have.

Chaotarch
08-24-14, 11:34 PM
I worked so hard on these stones, and now I feel a bit.... empty. I Woke up, opened the game, first thing I see was the third communityprize, I put it down for a second to see what it looks like. Oh... my... :confused: Can't believe it: it's SO huge and SO bright and SO ugly... No offence to those who like it, but...

First of all it was disappointing for lots that it's all about decoration, even the tent afterwards. But okay, so be it. But what bothers me most are the designs: some of them are so huge, and so not lively. It would have been so much better with a bit of animation: a bonfire with no flickering fire? A firefly in a cage: is he asleep, or dead or in coma? Some of the items are disproportionate and all together they require lots of space lots of us don't have.

Absolut agree:cool:
We need extra expansion for all this...if i place...
hope TL learned from this test for the happypumkincollecting:eek:

jim23cash
08-25-14, 12:25 AM
I had to put my tent in storage to place the lamp... It's huge! I'm going to enjoy it for a while, then prolly store it.
I'm glad we pulled together and made it to the final prize. Now they have all our feedback and ideas for next time (Halloween. Yay!). Good work all! ;)

CLOVERKAITO
08-25-14, 12:37 AM
So I was super busy with work the past few days that I couldn't play this game much. I was just looking at my sunstones count sitting at 3070 with around 11 hours left, feeling a bit frustrated that I'm so close yet not enough... Then I considered skipping Greselda's events with 30 gems for 30 sunstones. But even with that I'd still be 100 stones short and if I buy the rest of the stones it'd still be 200 gems and that's too much...

Then I looked at my tent with 2 hours to go for collection time, and it costs 4 gems to skip 2 hours. My tent is level 7 so I get 24 sunstones per collection. Realizing skipping the tent with gems (8 gems for 4 hours aka 24 sunstones) is a much better deal, I proceeded to use 36 gems to skip for 120 sunstones. Now I'm sitting at 3190 sunstones so I only need to craft 10 more myself and I can finish that before I sleep :)

So for those of you who are pretty close and really want to finish the event, skipping the level 7 tent with gems for sunstones should be the best deal. I don't want to set alarm clock to wake up 4 hours later and I wouldn't have time to touch the game when I wake up either, so I do consider these 32 gems well spent (I saved up these gems from going on adventures daily anyway, and we had that cupcake mania game recently for extra gems). Hopefully my tip would help somebody. Good luck to anyone else who's still collecting sunstones!

PS. lol Greseldam will never get her tent off me :P

tuskmage
08-25-14, 01:46 AM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/DAFD9F68-B54E-4200-89D5-126EF315C41E_zpshgxeuhgd.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/DAFD9F68-B54E-4200-89D5-126EF315C41E_zpshgxeuhgd.jpg.html)

Thank you TL for giving us two weeks of entertainment. And lower the requirement of the last community prize to make it achieve-alb for us. We worried, we voiced our unhappiness. But we did it. High five every one.

brdwybaby
08-25-14, 02:12 AM
I wish it wasn't so hideous. And HUGE. I don't know why the obvious expansions that are on the board can't just be unlocked when we're ready to. They keep giving us bigger and bigger disproportionate buildings and decorations (even flowers bigger than our people!) without room to put them. I'm getting so fed up. :(

wallada
08-25-14, 02:21 AM

Thanks!

idrispad
08-25-14, 02:33 AM
So: time for just two more tent collections, one brazier to go....

thitasha
08-25-14, 02:34 AM
Is the 3200 sunstones prize just a decoration too?

butterfly_25
08-25-14, 02:35 AM
I tried so hard for 18 days and still need just under 550 stones! My time is up now as I don't have access to wifi once I leave and can only play on my ipad! :( really wish we had until update day, not a Monday while at work.

crawl27
08-25-14, 02:39 AM
I only wish i had enough time to level my Pyre tent from 6-7 before the event ended :(

brdwybaby
08-25-14, 03:34 AM
I only wish i had enough time to level my Pyre tent from 6-7 before the event ended :(

Will you not be able to update it after the event ends? I don't see why you wouldn't.

katbtodd
08-25-14, 04:02 AM
I know we were told ..the tent will give nothing after the event ,,, but have they changed there mines,,, fingers crossed here ,,if it give nothing all will go into inventory. It's not even worth any thing to sell

katbtodd
08-25-14, 04:04 AM
Is the 3200 sunstones prize just a decoration too?

Yes it's just a statue of a fairy .. Gives nothing

idrispad
08-25-14, 04:31 AM
Will you not be able to update it after the event ends? I don't see why you wouldn't.

Yes, for gems. During the event is the only chance to upgrade it gem free. If it's not going to drop stuff after the event, it's not worth gems for me.

judyvines
08-25-14, 04:32 AM
I hope the fairies don't fly too close to that thing......they will end up like Icarus. Poor little things. Their wings will be burned off, and their little bodies will litter our kingdoms. Oh, the humanity!

Tiggerddh
08-25-14, 04:33 AM
The final prize is absolutely the most hideous, grotesque thing I have ever seen. I absolutely love the scy fy channel and this looks like something I would have seen in some sort of alien series, set to come alive and disintegrate everything in my kingdom. It's going in storage along with the not quite equally hideous pink garish tent and the comatose bird in the cage. I think even the statue might be headed there as well..it's weird enough to give me the willies. Anyway, regardless of the prizes i did enjoy the community event.

jbfps116
08-25-14, 04:46 AM
I do think the last prize is too large... THey need to work on making things PROPORTIONATE to each other!! The tallest thing in the kingdom should be the royal courts, or at most the observatory... One note on this: the people are already way too huge for the buildings, but this light pole is a right height for them... hmm.... I think the nicest decoration is the statue, which I worked hard to get! I think the bird cage seems also a little bulky. My leftover tent... storage until I have like gazillions of room like other people!!

claupu
08-25-14, 04:49 AM
I really enjoyed this event! Even if it was "only" decorations, but the next world event will be happening on halloween, so I won't complain. I'm sure we will get something special :D.

There was one detail I really liked: the timer! No confusion when this event ends, no matter what time zone you're in.

katbtodd
08-25-14, 04:52 AM
I really enjoyed this event! Even if it was "only" decorations, but the next world event will be happening on halloween, so I won't complain. I'm sure we will get something special :D.

There was one detail I really liked: the timer! No confusion when this event ends, no matter what time zone you're in.
Very good point

farmerbrown2010
08-25-14, 05:12 AM
Not thrilled with how big the prizes were but it was a lot of fun playing! I especially liked the timer and working together to earn the community prizes. I hope that the Halloween prizes will have motion- I love how my bat flies around on last years Glimmerbat Habitat. It also gives me something so it's not just decoration.

Hollie1922
08-25-14, 06:58 AM
with the last community prize placed in my kingdom i keep thinking it's something ready in crafting or the kitchen cos of the light streaming!

Liloze
08-25-14, 07:33 AM
Congrats to all,we made it. I don't really know how I feel about the last prize, it clashes with everything around it, it is huge! I think after a couple of days it will be joining the Tent in the storage shack!

idrispad
08-25-14, 08:03 AM
One tent collection left, one brazier to go...

Will it drop?
Won't it?
Do I actually care?

PurpleScorpion76
08-25-14, 08:14 AM
One tent collection left, one brazier to go...

Will it drop?
Won't it?
Do I actually care?

I hope everyone is able to upgrade the tent. I don't think it's fair if not. Good luck.

GeckoInBelize
08-25-14, 08:19 AM
Agreeing with others, this spire is ridiculous and ugly - it can stay in storage with the sundial!! Decided a while back not to actively mine or make stones, just collect them as part of my regular build and so glad I did or I would be p****d off right now. I did manage to upgrade the tent which looks better in its final form, but as it won't drop anything after today that will probably end up in storage too - what a total waste of time. Seriously now considering deleting the game - shame.

crystalrayn3
08-25-14, 08:46 AM
Great work everyone!!! So proud of us all for making this community event a success! *blows a raspberry at all the negative naysayers*

4miche
08-25-14, 08:49 AM
So glad I checked here first to see what's special about a level 7 tent. THANKS!!! I only have 3 flags left to collect, but seeing as I only have 3 hours and the tent won't be ready to collect from again for 4 hours...Considered spending the 15 gems, but if it doesn't drop anything after today, it's not worth it to me. Irritating though as I have a partially completed reindeer stable and inn, too. I just like to have all of the buildings in a game.

caroline763
08-25-14, 09:09 AM
I would like to say, I enjoyed the festival, the tent is the best thing acheived from it, other prizes, to me are just a bonus, which I will use in time or not. I do agree with others as far as size of things, some were made way to large. But overall it was a good event.

blontj3
08-25-14, 09:34 AM
:) Im still trying to receive the fourth prize. I think I wil manage it on time! I just need 18 sunstones and got less then 2 hours left :). Yeey

Bexx85
08-25-14, 10:10 AM
Thank you TeamLava for this great event. I liked everything about it. The last prize somehow reminds me of the Statue of Liberty or the Colossus of Rhodes. Therefore no complaints about its size.

amerirish
08-25-14, 10:24 AM
Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated & made it possible for us to finish this event!! I LOVE the spire. I think it's gorgeous!

Mistymoo50
08-25-14, 10:35 AM
So glad I checked here first to see what's special about a level 7 tent. THANKS!!! I only have 3 flags left to collect, but seeing as I only have 3 hours and the tent won't be ready to collect from again for 4 hours...Considered spending the 15 gems, but if it doesn't drop anything after today, it's not worth it to me. Irritating though as I have a partially completed reindeer stable and inn, too. I just like to have all of the buildings in a game.

Gutted that I didn't get the last two braziers. Have just had to spend gems to upgrade tent to level 7 before the time runs out as I think it looks far better than at level 6. Don't agree with random drops. I collected from tent 4 or 5 times a day so quite disappointed, had way too many flags, 56 at the end and only 8 braziers.

idrispad
08-25-14, 10:54 AM
Well, I did indeed get my last brazier with the very last tent collection. At least now I can store a fully upgraded tent rather than a l6 one :)

cloudsail
08-25-14, 11:01 AM
I think my favorite out of all the prizes is the sundial. What about all of you? What's your favorite?

brandonu
08-25-14, 11:05 AM
I like the festival spire the best, because of the height.

reliquary
08-25-14, 11:22 AM
About 8 minutes left.....we made over 500 million sunstones....that's amazing!

katbtodd
08-25-14, 11:29 AM
My tent still has timer to it ,,stuck it in storage and brought it out.,and it still has a timer
Any body else

letf8b
08-25-14, 11:34 AM
100 🌞stones short of angel:( was rushing tent and timer went out at 3 min :( only had to hit one more time ;( mad about it wasted gems.

letf8b
08-25-14, 11:38 AM
No and I tried it

letf8b
08-25-14, 11:38 AM
My tent still has timer to it ,,stuck it in storage and brought it out.,and it still has a timer
Any body elseno not me I tried it :(

cole7286
08-25-14, 11:39 AM
I got sun stones for defeating a beast. Are they useless now?

letf8b
08-25-14, 11:42 AM
I'm still getting sun stones and am able to make them still.

letf8b
08-25-14, 11:43 AM
I got sun stones for defeating a beast. Are they useless now?me too

Shylore
08-25-14, 11:43 AM
Hoping others had better success than I. I really liked the last community item, I used every resource that ai had, played allot more hours than usual. And really wasn't concerned with not completing. Yet I came up less than 100 short. Had I been able to purchase a second bonus package Ida had it. But finances just weren't there for 2 of them. Don't know where I went wrong. I pretty much ignored my other quests and the rest of my village.
I really did enjoy the event though. I just feel a huge let down that I didn't succeed. Think it's harder since I've been up early and stayed up late last couple of days so I could get it. Ah well no prize for effort. :p
Huge Grats to everyone for completing the community event. Looking forward to the next one?!

PurpleScorpion76
08-25-14, 11:47 AM
Any body else

I haven't put mine in storage as I don't want to but yes mine still has a timer.

zoo123g
08-25-14, 11:47 AM
yayyyyyy we got all the community prizes!! :) woo hooo

PurpleScorpion76
08-25-14, 11:48 AM
I'm still getting sun stones and am able to make them still.

Are they going in to the inventory or disappearing?

ginrae22
08-25-14, 11:49 AM
Hey all,

I posted on the appropriately related quest post on here but nobody has answered me. I'm doing the bylthewood part... 2 I think. And I'm at the point where I need to make the garnet trinket and the second adventure that I sent the knights on they brought back a garnet. I made the trinket and when I tried to fulfill the rest of the goal nothing happened. I assumed when they said it will take a few tries that meant to retrieve the stone from the adventure and have it drop...so can someone confirm that what they meant is that even when you get the stone it may not necessarily work?! or did I get totally jipped and the trinket didn't register for some glichty reason!!!

Shylore
08-25-14, 11:50 AM
I think my favorite out of all the prizes is the sundial. What about all of you? What's your favorite?

I like the spire the best, and. I thought the statue looked unique. Even if. I didn't get it.

amerirish
08-25-14, 11:51 AM
Are they going in to the inventory or disappearing?

They're disappearing. I collected from the tent after the event was totally over and the collection timer restarted so it's going to drop something again in 4 hours.

katbtodd
08-25-14, 11:51 AM
I'm still getting sunstone,,,, from beast and mines just now

katbtodd
08-25-14, 11:52 AM
Hey all,

I posted on the appropriately related quest post on here but nobody has answered me. I'm doing the bylthewood part... 2 I think. And I'm at the point where I need to make the garnet trinket and the second adventure that I sent the knights on they brought back a garnet. I made the trinket and when I tried to fulfill the rest of the goal nothing happened. I assumed when they said it will take a few tries that meant to retrieve the stone from the adventure and have it drop...so can someone confirm that what they meant is that even when you get the stone it may not necessarily work?! or did I get totally jipped and the trinket didn't register for some glichty reason!!!
You will get the garnet every time,,,, it's if it will stick to the trinket ,,

PurpleScorpion76
08-25-14, 11:53 AM
They're disappearing. I collected from the tent after the event was totally over and the collection timer restarted so it's going to drop something again in 4 hours.

Did the coins register?

reliquary
08-25-14, 11:54 AM
So what's it gonna drop!?!....me hopes a SWEET FEAStY!...or at least silver platters....has anyone gotten gem-y and sped it up? Oh I'm tempted!

twil2shoes
08-25-14, 11:54 AM
I'm not too happy, I was about 100 stones short for the final prize, fine I lost, the game ended but my mines and beasts are still dropping sun stones and my workshop still has the ability to craft them....I don't understand why

Valexiana
08-25-14, 12:03 PM
So what's it gonna drop!?!....me hopes a SWEET FEAStY!...or at least silver platters....has anyone gotten gem-y and sped it up? Oh I'm tempted!

Mine just dropped 400 coins, 1 exp and 24 sun stones. I think they haven't turned off the sun stone drops yet.

brandonu
08-25-14, 12:04 PM
My manticores are still dropping sunstones as well. Business as usual it seems.

GC5410
08-25-14, 12:09 PM
My pyre tent still dropped a flame flag after the goals/timer had expired, is it supposed to? The flag registered and us in my inventory.

BriarAvenue
08-25-14, 12:27 PM
Well, I did indeed get my last brazier with the very last tent collection. At least now I can store a fully upgraded tent rather than a l6 one :)

Congrats!

BriarAvenue
08-25-14, 12:32 PM
Sun stones group for me too, also the Tent is clocked for another collection
but the sun stones indicator is gone. Don't know what's going on!

My workshops also still allow making sun stone....@-@

silveryedges
08-25-14, 12:35 PM
Congrats to everyone for reaching the last community prize. Yes, it is surprisingly huge but we all worked hard and deserve a big reward :)

It fits nicely into my lovely fairy habitat...

Here is to the next event. Really looking forward to it.

serenitygrandma
08-25-14, 01:01 PM
The sun stones are still collecting from the mines, but they are not in your inventory. Sounds like we don't need them any more.

katbtodd
08-25-14, 01:09 PM
Where are the mods.... So they can report this

reliquary
08-25-14, 01:12 PM
I just wasted a few jewels and tried to make a sunstone to see if it would register in my inventory .....I want a souvenir! But no, it didn't work.

Still really curious as to what the tent will drop...so hopeful it might be something good

meme1098
08-25-14, 01:14 PM
Where are the mods.... So they can report this

Several are on-line ... I checked the first page and saw a few listed there, so don't know why no ones here.

Still really curious as to what the tent will drop...so hopeful it might be something good

Reported further up towards beginning of this thread, it's not gonna drop anything at all.

Liloze
08-25-14, 01:25 PM
I think TL needs time to reset the game.
Still getting the stones from all the usual places, even the workshops still have the crafting option.

tuskmage
08-25-14, 01:30 PM
I think TL needs time to reset the game.
Still getting the stones from all the usual places, even the workshops still have the crafting option.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/58FFC757-CB46-44C0-9AA3-E729F5BB88DE_zpsikzirumu.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/58FFC757-CB46-44C0-9AA3-E729F5BB88DE_zpsikzirumu.png.html)

Maybe we need to click finish to have the quest close out?

maguar
08-25-14, 01:54 PM
I've reported that sunstones are still dropping

tuskmage I've completed that goal and I'm still getting sunstones

barbarix
08-25-14, 01:56 PM
Loved the event character of it all, also not quite sure about the size of the prizes...still, good fun - and let's see what can be improved

tuskmage
08-25-14, 02:03 PM
I've reported that sunstones are still dropping

tuskmage I've completed that goal and I'm still getting sunstones

Oh! Thanks Maguar, I will keep that goal there then :o I like to have Greselda waiting for me to finish her Tent forever :p

PikaSquirrel
08-25-14, 02:20 PM
We're looking into the issue of Sun Stones still dropping, thanks for your patience!

barbarix
08-25-14, 03:00 PM
Btw: Sould'nt Stormie be sporting one or the other of the prizes? His kingdome is sadly unupdated....even if I do tend to go for the energy

ginrae22
08-25-14, 03:03 PM
You will get the garnet every time,,,, it's if it will stick to the trinket ,,

THANK YOU !!!! I needed an answer so desperately! I've only gotten the garnet the one time though. So hmm! But now that I know that I'll just keep trying! Thanks again!

Liloze
08-25-14, 03:13 PM
Oh! Thanks Maguar, I will keep that goal there then :o I like to have Greselda waiting for me to finish her Tent forever :p

Lol Yep but my guess is that the goal will disappear from the book, Alas ! ;) lol

tuskmage
08-25-14, 03:23 PM
Lol Yep but my guess is that the goal will disappear from the book, Alas ! ;) lol

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/CC298C8B-2E77-40A6-B643-6987AC9538C0_zpsjsgmbv7v.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/CC298C8B-2E77-40A6-B643-6987AC9538C0_zpsjsgmbv7v.jpg.html)

I told her to wait for me there & I will come get her as soon as I get her Tent done :p

GC5410
08-25-14, 03:35 PM
We're looking into the issue of Sun Stones still dropping, thanks for your patience!

I've had a flame flag since too, so they are still dropping as well.

PikaSquirrel
08-25-14, 04:10 PM
Sun Stones will not drop and cannot be crafted anymore. Please force close your game to see this fix. Thanks!

katbtodd
08-25-14, 04:17 PM
No more sun stones but my tent still has a timer on it for 4 hours.. We were told it would give us nothing it was just a decoration ..will it drop more then coins

KadeeDid
08-25-14, 04:37 PM
I'm not too happy, I was about 100 stones short for the final prize, fine I lost, the game ended but my mines and beasts are still dropping sun stones and my workshop still has the ability to craft them....I don't understand why

I was close to finishing too. I had to leave earlier than expected to get my mom to an appointment. Her street and sidewalk was torn up and I had to call my brother to lay boards to help her walk across the trench where the sidewalk had been. She was shaky with her cane and boards were tippy! Tr?s dangereux!
I had already climbed down in the trench and back up to get in her house.

I had completed the pyre tent but was short sun stones. Hoped to finish before I left but discovered I needed to get on the road earlier as I had almost 2 hours due to construction and emergency road closure due to a fatal accident. Then another 45 minutes to the appointment. Now there is a Finish button. Dare I click it or will it charge me gems?

BriarAvenue
08-25-14, 06:36 PM
No more sun stones but my tent still has a timer on it for 4 hours.. We were told it would give us nothing it was just a decoration ..will it drop more then coins

Mine drops coins too, and the clock starts ticking another 4 hours for another collection.

4miche
08-25-14, 06:45 PM
LOL. Even though the event is over, I just spent the 15 gems to upgrade my tent. It's so much better-looking that I'm glad I did.

Emeralding
08-25-14, 08:28 PM
Seriously, is the tent just a space hogging decoration that drops measly coins now that the event is over? I thought surely that it would give something worthwhile after being fully upgraded. The gazebo is awesome! It makes up for how worthless the pergola became. Am I missing something? Is my tent broken?

cloudsail
08-25-14, 09:28 PM
Since very few people are going to collect from it, can we make the tent just a pure decoration? The bobbing coin is a little annoying and covers the top part of the tent.

dala12
08-25-14, 10:15 PM
I have one brazier and flame flag as souvenir but no sun stones in my inventory. I like the tent and all the decorations! I just have not enough space to put them all out.

california2009
08-25-14, 10:34 PM
Hey all,

Garnet trinket took me several tries. Keep adventuring and crafing it. Eventually you will be successful on the craft.

aannerud
08-25-14, 11:24 PM
Since very few people are going to collect from it, can we make the tent just a pure decoration? The bobbing coin is a little annoying and covers the top part of the tent.

Please don't speak for all players. This forum doesn't represent the entire Castle Story world players. I WILL keep collecting coins from the tent, thanks :cool:

dracoonic
08-25-14, 11:32 PM
midsummer has passed, i dont feel like i have celebrated lols

tanbi1
08-25-14, 11:44 PM
My tent is level 7. I didn't complete the chill task in time though. Does this affect anything?

orleansparish
08-26-14, 01:31 AM
I was 100 stones short from getting the 2nd to last prize. I DID get my tent upgraded to level 7. With the aid of free gems from cupcake mania. I wish I could see the other two items and thinks its sooooo cool how the community came together and won all three prizes. There is no greater band of nerd and dweebs who are fun, than on castle.

Please give us another event like this please?!

katbtodd
08-26-14, 02:03 AM
Ok all we need reports.... So far my tent just drops coins... Let hope it drops more...
Wanted to start a new thread for this ... But thinking it would be removed,, so here I am asking for your reports on your tent,,

maguar
08-26-14, 02:26 AM
Ok all we need reports.... So far my tent just drops coins... Let hope it drops more...
Wanted to start a new thread for this ... But thinking it would be removed,, so here I am asking for your reports on your tent,,

I don't think it's going to drop more :( We had this from glimmergate and I don't remember seeing anything officially to the contrary.

The current plan is that the Pyre Tent won't drop anything after the event is over, since it's used only for the duration of the event.

camber16
08-26-14, 02:36 AM
Its 10.33am here in Scotland, UK and my tent has been dropping coins and experience points regulary.

katbtodd
08-26-14, 02:57 AM
I don't think it's going to drop more :( We had this from glimmergate and I don't remember seeing anything officially to the contrary.

I read that too ,but was thinking it wasn't even going drops coins,so to my surprise it does . I had to ask

maguar
08-26-14, 03:02 AM
I read that too ,but was thinking it wasn't even going drops coins,so to my surprise it does . I had to ask

Ah I think maybe there's confusion as to whether coins are considered as drops. Personally I only count stuff other than coins as drops not sure if that's what TL thinks.

jptheripper
08-26-14, 04:19 AM
Therese no reason it couldn't drop fairebulbs, faireseeds, even rare drops like, the beams blocks and paste. We worked really hard for the tent

Chaotarch
08-26-14, 04:35 AM
Therese no reason it couldn't drop fairebulbs, faireseeds, even rare drops lie, the beams blocks and paste. We worked really hard for the tent

agree, i would place again if i knew it rare drop this...

if i remember correct, i collect 6456 or 6468 stones:rolleyes:
job done, so a little bonus should be nice:p for all - of course:eek:

labsandboxers
08-26-14, 04:49 AM
I did finish and get all the rewards, but the prizes are disproportionate to every thing else. It's all in storage now. The final prize was so massive and out of place I thought it was for another game. Same with last years reindeer stable, which is also in storage. Please TL think about scale and detail when designing. Love the game.

mafruha
08-26-14, 05:39 AM
I was 100 stones short from getting the 2nd to last prize. I DID get my tent upgraded to level 7. With the aid of free gems from cupcake mania. I wish I could see the other two items and thinks its sooooo cool how the community came together and won all three prizes. There is no greater band of nerd and dweebs who are fun, than on castle.

Please give us another event like this please?!
Well i think the last prize the fairy was kind of sweet.but other individualprizes are in inventory now..

KadeeDid
08-26-14, 09:59 AM
Still wondering about the Finish button I asked about yesterday. Dare I click on it or will it charge me gems?
I do have the Level 7 pyre tent but did not get home in time to click on the tent after 4 hours.

Guardian452
08-26-14, 10:20 AM
Still wondering about the Finish button I asked about yesterday. Dare I click on it or will it charge me gems?
I do have the Level 7 pyre tent but did not get home in time to click on the tent after 4 hours.

It will give you the option to complete the quest for gems (and receive the quest rewards) or delete the quest without finishing it.

PikaSquirrel
08-26-14, 10:35 AM
Ah I think maybe there's confusion as to whether coins are considered as drops. Personally I only count stuff other than coins as drops not sure if that's what TL thinks.

Just to clarify, the Pyre Tent will not drop any items, but it will continue to drop Coins and XP. Hope that clears up any confusion! :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-26-14, 10:39 AM
Please don't speak for all players. This forum doesn't represent the entire Castle Story world players. I WILL keep collecting coins from the tent, thanks :cool:

Thanks so will I. If it even drops coins I'll collect.

zentia42
08-26-14, 12:01 PM
I hope TL will consider increasing the amount of coins dropped by the Pyre Tent by at least 50%. It would make it reasonable to collect for me at L40 (creeping through the months of Sister, Sister), but would make it a good reward for my younger neighbors. I see a number of folks around L20 with a L7 Pyre Tent. It would sure be nice if they could be both proud AND rewarded for completing it. 400 coins per 4hr collect is very modest with no other drops, especially for the 3x3 size.

HpyTrails
08-26-14, 12:51 PM
I did finish and get all the rewards, but the prizes are disproportionate to every thing else. It's all in storage now. The final prize was so massive and out of place I thought it was for another game. Same with last years reindeer stable, which is also in storage. Please TL think about scale and detail when designing. Love the game.

I agree completely - love CS but almost all the prizes for this event are going to stay in storage. I tried to place the final prize and couldn't believe how out of scale it is. I love the sun dial and made room for it, but it should still be smaller. The tent is only going to stay until I need the space for something else, unless the coin drop rate is increased.

and a caged pyre fly as a prize...really? yes, let's imprison something for fun.... (I know this is a game; it's still in bad taste.)

I played this challenge because I'm at an OK place in my quest lines and it didn't distract, not because I wanted the prizes. I am level 40 and do spend gems judiciously, but only for things having a use or related to the quest - not decor.

shellandtrev
08-26-14, 01:33 PM
Hi team lava, thanks for a wonderful community event, I have enjoyed them in other games like dragon story, but can I suggest if this is going to be a regular thing in castle story can we please have prizes that will be beneficial for players of all levels, decorations that do nothing aren't really a prize, perhaps next time prizes like trade tickets and expansion permits would be a better idea, thanks again and keep up the good work :-)

Emeralding
08-26-14, 07:02 PM
Hi team lava, thanks for a wonderful community event, I have enjoyed them in other games like dragon story, but can I suggest if this is going to be a regular thing in castle story can we please have prizes that will be beneficial for players of all levels, decorations that do nothing aren't really a prize, perhaps next time prizes like trade tickets and expansion permits would be a better idea, thanks again and keep up the good work :-)

Very well said! Your tact is amazing. I am taking notes.

zenobia42
08-26-14, 07:36 PM
I agree completely - love CS but almost all the prizes for this event are going to stay in storage. I tried to place the final prize and couldn't believe how out of scale it is. I love the sun dial and made room for it, but it should still be smaller. The tent is only going to stay until I need the space for something else, unless the coin drop rate is increased.

Couldn't agree more. I actually DID place the Space Needle - sized Festival Spire, but only in pride at the community achievement, and it will be stored by the end of the week or so. If it were the same exact design, only scaled down to 1x1, or heck, even 2x2, I would keep it out indefinitely. But the scale problem that started with the gazebo (of which 1 pillow is larger a door in most buildings), instead of getting better, got exponentially worse with this decoration. It is so massively out of proportion it's ludicrous. It's like it was designed in a vacuum, without ever looking at it en situ, with the other buildings and decorations of the game.

Rockylandia
08-26-14, 07:57 PM
I plan to collect oversized items until I can fill a whole kingdom, then one day I'll pull most of my normal-sized stuff and create a Land of the Giants, with pergolas and gazebos big enough for the Gods and reindeers the size of elephants. Over it all will shine my Beacon of Light left by space aliens. What I need now is a few monster-sized trees instead of just a couple of faerie flowers. It sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I'm really going to do it!

zenobia42
08-26-14, 08:15 PM
I plan to collect oversized items until I can fill a whole kingdom, then one day I'll pull most of my normal-sized stuff and create a Land of the Giants, with pergolas and gazebos big enough for the Gods and reindeers the size of elephants. Over it all will shine my Beacon of Light left by space aliens. What I need now is a few monster-sized trees instead of just a couple of faerie flowers. It sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I'm really going to do it!

Best.
Post.
Ever.

Please add me so my Lilliputian avatar can visit your Kingdom for Giants! ;)

BriarAvenue
08-26-14, 09:52 PM
I hope TL will consider increasing the amount of coins dropped by the Pyre Tent by at least 50%. It would make it reasonable to collect for me at L40 (creeping through the months of Sister, Sister), but would make it a good reward for my younger neighbors. I see a number of folks around L20 with a L7 Pyre Tent. It would sure be nice if they could be both proud AND rewarded for completing it. 400 coins per 4hr collect is very modest with no other drops, especially for the 3x3 size.

Second! I don't need more coins, but it makes a difference for the newbies
to refill their pockets after the Baron took away 200k

BriarAvenue
08-26-14, 09:55 PM

If the prize is Alicorn horns n wings, burning ambers, I will play 18 hours per day, won't you?

BriarAvenue
08-26-14, 10:02 PM
Couldn't agree more. I actually DID place the Space Needle - sized Festival Spire, but only in pride at the community achievement, and it will be stored by the end of the week or so. If it were the same exact design, only scaled down to 1x1, or heck, even 2x2, I would keep it out indefinitely. But the scale problem that started with the gazebo (of which 1 pillow is larger a door in most buildings), instead of getting better, got exponentially worse with this decoration. It is so massively out of proportion it's ludicrous. It's like it was designed in a vacuum, without ever looking at it en situ, with the other buildings and decorations of the game.

I just wonder if the graphic designers enlarge the scale to complete the details,
and then forgot to revert to a 1x1 or 2x2 size? Really the sundial details are hard to draw on a 2x2.
That's the explanation I gave to myself.
Perhaps TL should use a sandbox kingdom to try how the design works with the rest of the elements first before launching.

55lee55
08-27-14, 12:23 AM
Thanks for making the Dire Boars stop dropping stones once the event was done TL.

Now would it be too much to ask if they could return to dropping tusks and the blue bags of fairy dust or whatever they dropped before the event? It takes a substantial amount of energy, eight swings, to **** the red beasties, and I am happy to see them still popping up all over.

While I don't recall exactly when mine stopped dropping anything but useless coins, once I noticed I fortunately got two, one quite soon after the other, and neither dripped a single useful tusk or eventually useful I assume, blue bag. At least no stones, but nothing else of value as except a few coins which are of great importance to new players, but useless for me at Level 50.

And no, I am not going to bother writing yet another email to support because they don't read the ones I send, and I get canned responses telling me to get an ID and such nonsense, when I give them my ID and all of the information they ask for in my original email, then they tell me my issue has been resolved, when they obviously never read my email to determine my issue in the first place! I haven't needed to get an ID since I began playing this game and came here for help.

The help I need now is to make it worth my effort to **** the beasties again please! There are items which require the tusks to be used to build them. I am absolutely thrilled to see they have stopped dropping useless (to me, not speaking for others) stones, but please TL, they are expensive to ****, so please make them go back to normal where they dropped tusks at least nearly all of the time but at least they dropped things of value when I smashed them (although I believe that if we **** them we should get tusks, but that is again my opinion, and I am speaking for myself). You have already sucked all of the fun out of this game for me and it will be showing up soon enough when you discover that I am no longer paying for and banking many thousands of gems. After ripping me off at all useless efforts on my part to evade every gem trap possible, at least put back the usefulness of the battle with the Dire Boars!

Thanks!

Serendipity1110
08-27-14, 01:59 AM
I have to agree. I really enjoy community events on Dragon Story and I was excited when the Midsummer Festival started, but unfortunately it didn't really motivate me. Yes, the decorations are pretty, but not enough to make me spend time and resources on them. The tent went into storage the second I realized that it won't drop anything but a couple of coins and the sundial will probably follow soon. They're just taking up too much precious space.
For the next event I would like to second the suggestion to have more prizes that are useful in some way, i.e. resources or things that drop resources.
Thanks.

katbtodd
08-27-14, 02:55 AM
Thanks for making the Dire Boars stop dropping stones once the event was done TL.

Now would it be too much to ask if they could return to dropping tusks and the blue bags of fairy dust or whatever they dropped before the event? It takes a substantial amount of energy, eight swings, to **** the red beasties, and I am happy to see them still popping up all over.

While I don't recall exactly when mine stopped dropping anything but useless coins, once I noticed I fortunately got two, one quite soon after the other, and neither dripped a single useful tusk or eventually useful I assume, blue bag. At least no stones, but nothing else of value as except a few coins which are of great importance to new players, but useless for me at Level 50.

And no, I am not going to bother writing yet another email to support because they don't read the ones I send, and I get canned responses telling me to get an ID and such nonsense, when I give them my ID and all of the information they ask for in my original email, then they tell me my issue has been resolved, when they obviously never read my email to determine my issue in the first place! I haven't needed to get an ID since I began playing this game and came here for help.

The help I need now is to make it worth my effort to **** the beasties again please! There are items which require the tusks to be used to build them. I am absolutely thrilled to see they have stopped dropping useless (to me, not speaking for others) stones, but please TL, they are expensive to ****, so please make them go back to normal where they dropped tusks at least nearly all of the time but at least they dropped things of value when I smashed them (although I believe that if we **** them we should get tusks, but that is again my opinion, and I am speaking for myself). You have already sucked all of the fun out of this game for me and it will be showing up soon enough when you discover that I am no longer paying for and banking many thousands of gems. After ripping me off at all useless efforts on my part to evade every gem trap possible, at least put back the usefulness of the battle with the Dire Boars!

Thanks!

They never stoped those drops... I kept getting max on horns,, now I am max on magic bags and since there is nothing we can use them on,,,I loose them

katbtodd
08-27-14, 02:58 AM
If the prize is Alicorn horns n wings, burning ambers, I will play 18 hours per day, won't you?

Yes I would ,,, I set my timer and be here

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-27-14, 07:44 AM
We're planning a Community event like this for Halloween, because we think it'll be a lot of fun....(clipped)..
{WARNING: Looooong post ahead....meant for TL staff. All others who dislike reading long posts can just bypass. Please & Thank-You. lol}
I looooove Halloween & Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) - it's actually my fave holiday-time of the year - so another community event for it DOES sound like a lot of fun & really exciting....IF it's done right. I really like the concept of the World Event and for the most part, this one was a good *introduction* to this type of deal (although 18 days was a bit too long for it). It also contributed to more of a community feel, which was really nice -- it's been a blast to have something in common with all of my neighbors & to have something fun (or funny lol) to talk about on our walls. I threw festival parties & we joined in on all kinds of fun frolicking festivities during this event! lol

But, I'd like to share some thoughts on the Pyre Festival before we move onto the next update tomorrow & also offer some ideas for the H'ween event (if it's not too late):
1) I realize it was purposely the focus of this intro event but please don't make decorations as the majority of the prizes for future events. We've said it ad nauseum already, but we just don't have the room, even for the ones we already have! When both individual AND community prizes are mostly decor, the entire event just doesn't create as much fervor as it *could* have created if there had been more variety, incrementally bigger prizes and then a HUGE prize at the end for us to work towards (like something akin to the LOVE SHACK or a third kitchen!)... Some gems, energy CRATES, treasure troves or trade tickets along the way that ALL players could use (and wouldn't miss cuz they're maxed out on) would have been nice, too. An expansion permit would have been uber schweet!!!
2) When making decorations, PLEASE lose the troll snot & keep our lack of space in mind. Relegate them to single plot items or possibly just ONE decor that is 2x2, max. Lately, scale has just gotten nutty! lol (The sundial & festival spire are wayyyy oversized & will probably stay in storage for most players due to lack of space &/or difficulty finding somewhere to harmoniously place them.) Also give some consideration to making the prize decorations ANIMATED. ... My fave decoration in the game is Greselda's Fountain, simply for that reason! How much cooler would it have been if the bonfire actually looked like it was burning (or at least smoldered some lol) and the pyrefly glowed in its cage like a firefly does (instead of looking dead & stuffed into a too-small cage lol).
For H'ween, please think about "activating" some decorations we already have so they drop something. Permanently would be optimum but it'd be fun even if it's only for the event itself... Pumpkin hutch drops pumpkins!???
How about a new pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice latte recipe? A short (under 8 hr) spooky adventure somewhere?
3) When allocating & listing ways to acquire sunstones (or whatever future item we're going to be collecting), please make sure ALL corresponding ways are included & active before going live. In other words: If they come from adventures, then make sure it's ALL adventures...If from busting rocks, then ALL rocks...If from battling monsters, then ALL monsters. And if they drop from mythical beasts, then make it ALL mythical beasts. WHY was the pink alicorn excluded for the entire duration of this event??? ...*confused*
4) If Ivy isn't going to get a black cat as part of the Black Cat Guild brewing lessons from Greselda, then Halloween is the perfect time for a black cat pet... Or an owl or raven or wolf or dire boar or fangbeast or SOME kind of new animal/pet as a reward!
5) If there is a haunted house, graveyard or some other special Halloweenie-type building for the next event (like the pyre tent), please please please PLEASE don't make it useless after the event has ended. What a huge let-down of disappointment. We already have plenty of buildings that only drop coins.
6) The visible timer (with seconds included) was an AWESOME feature & it was so nice not to have to GUESS how much time was remaining, like we often have to do when the timer is overlaid on the corresponding page in our quest books.
I would have liked *that* sun as a prize or memento from the event! In fact, I would have traded 4 tiles that when placed together made ONE 2x2 festival sun like the one on the timer (how a true mosaic works) in exchange for the FORTY "mosaic" sun tiles.
7) The Thursday update with mini goals to get extra sunstones was really fun! The bundles? Not so much. I'm guessing their sales probably tanked because there weren't really any great, useful prizes to warrant the expense.
8) The ability to craft sunstones in the workshop was cool. I just wish there had also been a longer option requiring more resources than 5 minutes for one stone.
9) The rainbow pot event from St. Patrick's Day was a HUGE success & TONS of fun for all levels!!!....please consider doing another event like THAT one sometime soon (especially if it's gonna be for 18 days! lol)!
10) Pop-up dialogue at the end of the event would have been nice....something to say the Solstice Wanderers were packing up & moving on & thanks for the fun festival. Or just a pop-up announcement to say the festival had officially ended and congratulate us on all of our hard work. Just *something* to mark the end. Instead, the sun-timer ran out & simply disappeared off the board & then....then.... well, then nothing, except sunstones continued to drop for no reason. lol

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss our opinions (& for reading them! lol) & thanks a lot for giving us a common goal with this event! :) It truly improved the camaraderie amongst all of my neighbors!
I hope you will take some of our constructive criticism from here & back into your designer meetings for further consideration & discussion.
HERE'S TO BIGGER & BETTER AT HALLOWEEN!!! :)
(Just not bigger decorations, please lol)

azriX2012
08-27-14, 08:13 AM
I want to thank NorthWoodsKingdom for all the parties she threw in the last two weeks! And I finally found my pants! ah ah ah ah!

I also agree with her opinion about the event. Although I didn't make it to the last individual prize, overall it was a lot of fun. But I would really like to see something more useful than decorations.

I'm really excited with the Halloween event! Keep up the good work TL :cool:

enaid03
08-27-14, 08:37 AM
I want to thank NorthWoodsKingdom for all the parties she threw in the last two weeks!

I second this! I think the wall posts humor make this tedious event far more fun!

But I truly agree with all of NorthWoodsKingdom's notes and suggestions. I missed out on one of the individual prizes because I was maxed. Rather disappointing.

My tent went away as soon as the event was over. It was a huge letdown that it dropped nothing afterward. When you have millions of coins sitting around, 400 coins every 4 hours for such a 3x3 space doesn't really add up. I don't collect from most of my coin buildings unless there is a specific goal requiring one to.

jimboser
08-27-14, 08:37 AM
(Lots of great stuff said here)

Agreeing fully here. Primary point for me is that a special event rewards/prizes be something that drop useful items, not simply a decoration or something that will only drop coins. Knowing that there was nothing useful on the Pyre event just took all the fun out of it for me.

Loving the idea of a spooky adventure, what would be spookier than a few trips through the Glimmergate? Knights could bring back all sorts of dark plants and seeds and other related dark items. I think that Griselda should figure prominently on these events, and of course Ivy for the comic relief. I know that Thurston probably won't even consider going on such an adventure without a belly full of root beet to fortify him.

dng1234
08-27-14, 09:22 AM
I just wanted to say that that was a wonderful post, NWK.

It's disappointing that many of us who lack sufficient room can't display, let alone properly display, the items that we worked so hard for just due to the sheer size. Some holiday decor item would be fine but not every single one. The scale of the received items needs to be reconfigured too. The final community prize is almost as big as my castle.

I would love to see less decorations with the HCE coming up and more treasure troves, energy crates, etc. as prizes. Or at least make the decor items drop needed items.

warwicktown
08-27-14, 09:26 AM
NWK has hit it, spot on. I also really enjoyed the fun banter and parties, and think it could be even better if the end goals were more useful...everyone of the huge items went directly to storage and I've seen that in most of my visits to neighbors as well.

Looking forward to Halloween, and also want to repeat the thanks, for the active responses and accepting input by the TL gang!

candiecorn192
08-27-14, 09:48 AM
Time for me to chime in finally. Been playing for over a year. I'm so addicted. I play while at work. Very naughty! I also agree with NWK. I enjoy visiting and meeting new players. Fun place to be.
Thank you all

candiecorn192
08-27-14, 09:50 AM
SherwoodForest2 here.
Time for me to chime in finally. Been playing for over a year. I'm so addicted. I play while at work. Very naughty! I also agree with NWK. I enjoy visiting and meeting new players. Fun place to be.
Thank you all

dng1234
08-27-14, 09:56 AM
everyone of the huge items went directly to storage and I've seen that in most of my visits to neighbors as well.

I've noticed this too in my limited travels lately and in my own kingdom also. I have a few of the smaller items where I made a solstice/gazebo area. My kingdom is currently in negotiations to have that area removed from the castle city limits and renamed Neonland.

perry5
08-27-14, 11:26 AM
North Woods--thanks for a great post and summary of what many of us have been sharing and discussing on our walls over the past 2 weeks!!! Your suggestions and observations are spot on! Just thinking about the possibilities makes me excited for October!
P.S. Um...I think I wore home one of your lampshades by mistake! Apologies...will retun on next visit! lol

55lee55
08-27-14, 12:43 PM
North Woods--thanks for a great post and summary of what many of us have been sharing and discussing on our walls over the past 2 weeks!!! Your suggestions and observations are spot on! Just thinking about the possibilities makes me excited for October!
P.S. Um...I think I wore home one of your lampshades by mistake! Apologies...will retun on next visit! lol

I agree with everything NWK wrote! Awesome!

But remember folks, which side of the fence NWK is on. She is making suggestions for TL to make which would make the Halloween event awesome! She is not an employee of TL saying these things will happen then!

Look at the history folks. Plenty of players have posted awesome changes we would all like to see. Some get all excited, thinking they will see these things in the next upgrade. But they never do.

Can someone name a change or a group of wonderful suggestions NWK or anyone else has made in the past actually show up here? I have seen some awesome suggestions made in the past by NWK and some of our other very creative players.

Has TL taken any of these suggestions? Can someone name one? I think agreeing with NWK is absolutely appropriate and the suggestions are indeed spot on. But getting excited by seeing these awesome suggestions, and expecting that they will in any way be implemented is setting yourself up for a bigger disappointment than the rest of us who know that TL will take none of these great suggestions that would return this game to the number one spot it used to have in the hearts of many if not most of us. It was special. Lately TL has stopped listening to players at all in my experience.

I have written them about a problem with getting into this forum, and I received the same form letter I have received when asking other questions lately. My question was marked "Resolved". I was instructed to sign up for a Storm8 ID. The same ID I use to sign in here and to use as my ID so people can invite me. How long have I been posting in these forums? They are not even reading emails sent to them like they did when I first joined.

Please folks, by all means praise the wisest among us such as NWK! These are great ideas!

But please, don't make the mistake of believing that TL will take any much less all suggestions made by our wisest Gurus!

Don't look forward to such positive changes to an event that may be held two months from now. TL has no doubt already finished planning and programming for the rest of the year if not further in advance. Just because we play them at a certain time of year, and TL pretends like they are working hard on the newest event, this is a game business. They are working much farther out than a week as they would like us to believe. They could not survive as a business if they were frantically trying to produce a new update each week as they are trying to make us believe.

I too would love to see the October event follow the suggestions NWK set out so well. But I know how business and real life work, and TL is obviously making enough money by continuing to make the same mistakes, only bigger each time. By October I imagine the decorations will be 4x4, and as long as we keep buying gems and spending them on this game they will continue with their business plan. I doubt there are many of us who would not like to see NWK in charge of the creative arena of TL's corporate decision making for Castle Story, but the fact is our beloved NWK is a player just like we are. A wise and highly talented in writing and planning to show what we as players would like to see, but unfortunately a player like us, not a decision maker for TL's game planning for Castle Story.

It saddens me to see some of us believe that TL will take these good suggestions. It saddens me more when they look forward to an event, expecting to see these great suggestions implemented. I hate to see people disappointed because they believe these things will actually happen. I too look ahead with hope that things will be improved, but please, don't expect to see these ideas implemented. Hope? Absolutely! Expect? Please don't because you will be let down.

tuskmage
08-27-14, 12:55 PM
I agree with everything NWK wrote! Awesome!

But remember folks, which side of the fence NWK is on. She is making suggestions for TL to make which would make the Halloween event awesome! She is not an employee of TL saying these things will happen then!

Look at the history folks. Plenty of players have posted awesome changes we would all like to see. Some get all excited, thinking they will see these things in the next upgrade. But they never do.

Can someone name a change or a group of wonderful suggestions NWK or anyone else has made in the past actually show up here? I have seen some awesome suggestions made in the past by NWK and some of our other very creative players.

Has TL taken any of these suggestions? Can someone name one? I think agreeing with NWK is absolutely appropriate and the suggestions are indeed spot on. But getting excited by seeing these awesome suggestions, and expecting that they will in any way be implemented is setting yourself up for a bigger disappointment than the rest of us who know that TL will take none of these great suggestions that would return this game to the number one spot it used to have in the hearts of many if not most of us. It was special. Lately TL has stopped listening to players at all in my experience.

I have written them about a problem with getting into this forum, and I received the same form letter I have received when asking other questions lately. My question was marked "Resolved". I was instructed to sign up for a Storm8 ID. The same ID I use to sign in here and to use as my ID so people can invite me. How long have I been posting in these forums? They are not even reading emails sent to them like they did when I first joined.

Please folks, by all means praise the wisest among us such as NWK! These are great ideas!

But please, don't make the mistake of believing that TL will take any much less all suggestions made by our wisest Gurus!

Don't look forward to such positive changes to an event that may be held two months from now. TL has no doubt already finished planning and programming for the rest of the year if not further in advance. Just because we play them at a certain time of year, and TL pretends like they are working hard on the newest event, this is a game business. They are working much farther out than a week as they would like us to believe. They could not survive as a business if they were frantically trying to produce a new update each week as they are trying to make us believe.

I too would love to see the October event follow the suggestions NWK set out so well. But I know how business and real life work, and TL is obviously making enough money by continuing to make the same mistakes, only bigger each time. By October I imagine the decorations will be 4x4, and as long as we keep buying gems and spending them on this game they will continue with their business plan. I doubt there are many of us who would not like to see NWK in charge of the creative arena of TL's corporate decision making for Castle Story, but the fact is our beloved NWK is a player just like we are. A wise and highly talented in writing and planning to show what we as players would like to see, but unfortunately a player like us, not a decision maker for TL's game planning for Castle Story.

It saddens me to see some of us believe that TL will take these good suggestions. It saddens me more when they look forward to an event, expecting to see these great suggestions implemented. I hate to see people disappointed because they believe these things will actually happen. I too look ahead with hope that things will be improved, but please, don't expect to see these ideas implemented. Hope? Absolutely! Expect? Please don't because you will be let down.

TL just change the Icon for us recently, Maybe not as the way we want. However, they do pay attention to our suggestion :o

PS. Sometime we don't feel love in our life, not because no one love us. It's because people loving us not as the way we want. :rolleyes:

AnniePMH
08-27-14, 01:22 PM
First post here for me, been a lurker since the dragon event, when the Forums became indispensable for getting through without losing it (dragons and mind) completely. Would like to join the brilliant NWK (who does a lot to keep these Forums enjoyable) in praising the general idea of community events like this Festival. As for the prizes, one or two decorations would have been fine, but the overwhelming amount of humongous, brightly coloured, manga-inspired...objects have been amusing to play around with, but have now (mostly) gone straight into storage. Looking forward next time to smaller, useful prizes with the intricate, delicate design from the early days of Castle Story. Will happily spend gems if these requirements are fulfilled! Cheers from an Olde Worlde kingdom in Northern Europe:)

zenobia42
08-27-14, 02:12 PM
In VERY recent history, TL did indeed respond to posts here, by myself and others, bemoaning that we have been stuck at various points in the main storyline quests for a tremendously long time. In less than a week, they not only increased the odds on the until-then nearly impossible items to get, but also created a thread here to share with us exactly what they did. Anyone who plays some other TL games *cough*fantasyforeststory*cough or games by other companies, knows this kind of responsiveness is 1000 times what we could be getting.

Now, that is not on the same scale as designing and programming the wonderful event NWK proposed. But IMO it does prove that they do indeed listen to us AND respond when in their opinion it is 1) doable in the required timeframe and 2) would not mess up the game in some way they might see and we might not. And while it may have taken less effort to do what they did in comparison to the kind of Halloween event we'd all love to see, it in a lot of ways matters more. It allowed tons of people who have spent months without being able to progress in the main story line to do so. So we are actually getting somewhere in the game again, and future updates that require main storylines milestones have been reached, will now be not only for those who maxed out their level long ago, but also for all of us who are finally getting somewhere again.

dragon2046
08-27-14, 02:45 PM
I love this game and I think TL does a great job. Think about how hard it must be to try to make the game challenging for the people who have lots of time to devote to the game and the people who can only play a limited amount of time. I enjoy almost all the updates that we have had the only one I thought was a little long was sister sister and I couldn't imagine only having a very limited time to play the game and finishing that one. Lol. So thanks for this update I liked the community event and working with all CS players. Looking forward to the next update. :)

Queenzod
08-27-14, 02:59 PM
I love this game, too, and I also think TL does a fantastic job of trying to keep things balanced and playable. I think they are very responsive to player concerns, with ONE notable exception. Their indifference to gem traps borders on, if isn't outright, fraud. Knowing this, we all tap very carefully in order to avoid them. Other than that, this is the best game around.

robino23
08-27-14, 03:02 PM

Actually, yes. When we were fishing for the red fish, I made a suggestion of a fish market. 2 weeks later, we had it!

tuskmage
08-27-14, 03:09 PM

Actually, yes. When we were fishing for the red fish, I made a suggestion of a fish market. 2 weeks later, we had it!

They made the fish market drop fishy sandwich by request from players too ;)

CottageRose
08-27-14, 03:41 PM
They made the fish market drop fishy sandwich by request from players too ;)
I think the syrup drop from the maple trees was also suggested here on the forums. :)

tuskmage
08-27-14, 04:07 PM
You are the first thing will come on my mind every morning, I will miss you throughout the day, I will think of you before I go to bed, I will dream of you when I asleep. Yay! sad....But I love you CS. ;)

HpyTrails
08-27-14, 04:16 PM

Agree with zenobia42. Love it! :cool:

Jennerwein1
08-27-14, 06:16 PM
Agree with zenobia42. Love it! :cool:

Land of the Giants! Sounds like fun! All I need is 346 whisp lanterns, 27 permits and 4,415 M coins to make more room. Piece of cake ! Onward!

room27
08-27-14, 07:50 PM
GNW - wow! Well said. Ditto to everything you said. I can think of nothing else to add. Thank you.

freesiawoods
08-28-14, 01:56 AM
I think not TL but the Castle Story team listens and responds and also communicates with us. If only there were more like Glimmergate on other TL games where we seem to be talking to a blank wall.

perry5
08-28-14, 07:52 AM
55Lee55: Please don't waste your time being sad for me, dear. I, too, know how "business and real life work." I think most of us on this forum probably do as well. However, as one of the more vocal opponents of the "pink pony" icon, I choose to believe that CS is listening to us. Am I fully satisfied with the "new" new icon? Of course not. But CS DID hear the complaints of the many and made an attempt to correct it. I appreciate that and told them so on a different thread. Do they listen to and implement every suggestion? Of course not. Nor do I expect them to. I have no delusions of grandeur and am not so addicted to this game (yet) that my life will be devastated if any future event fails to meet my (or even NWK's) lofty ideas and suggestions. For me, it is as much about the interaction with my AWESOME neighbors that makes even the most mundane events ("Sister, Sister," anyone?) fun and entertaining. We can laugh about them and at ourselves. THAT is why I play. That is, in fact, the sole reason I came BACK after briefly leaving the game in protest over aforementioned pink pony icon. So I will get excited thinking about what the future events may hold. I guess that's just my human nature. I am hopelessly, helplessly,happily, and unashamedly a glass half full type of person. It's all for fun, folks. If isn't fun anymore, might be best to just walk away. But if you do, be sure to stop by NWK's on your way out for one last panty raid! 😘

froltojo
08-28-14, 10:30 PM
I love this game, too, and I also think TL does a fantastic job of trying to keep things balanced and playable. I think they are very responsive to player concerns, with ONE notable exception. Their indifference to gem traps borders on, if isn't outright, fraud. Knowing this, we all tap very carefully in order to avoid them. Other than that, this is the best game around.
DITTO!
And
I wish Sister Sister was finished, so fed up with it.

mahen3012
10-18-14, 08:13 AM
Well put. I, too was attracted by the beautiful Old European style art, not elsewhere found ( except one other game). The new art is the cartoonish kind found in Asian influenced games. Nothing wrong with that, I play them, too. But that is not why I like CS best. Have TL by any chance consolidated their art department, so now all their games look kind of alike? Whatever the reason, it is not working. This is an adult game, there are plenty of others out there for kids. So please return to the classy, classic art from before. If the cartoons keep up, I won't be buying any more gems. If I am to spend some
money, it needs be be on something eye pleasing.
Hoping the final prize will be worth collecting sun stones for 18 days ... ( kitchen?, Alicorn breeding station?)

I have been clicking pyre tent more than 10 times and it never dropped anything. I had to purchase the flame flag with gems. Is there a problem with my tent, can it be fixed?

Blanche_Lady
10-19-14, 02:30 PM
{WARNING: Looooong post ahead....meant for TL staff. All others who dislike reading long posts can just bypass. Please & Thank-You. lol}
I looooove Halloween & Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) - it's actually my fave holiday-time of the year - so another community event for it DOES sound like a lot of fun & really exciting....IF it's done right. I really like the concept of the World Event and for the most part, this one was a good *introduction* to this type of deal (although 18 days was a bit too long for it). It also contributed to more of a community feel, which was really nice -- it's been a blast to have something in common with all of my neighbors & to have something fun (or funny lol) to talk about on our walls. I threw festival parties & we joined in on all kinds of fun frolicking festivities during this event! lol

But, I'd like to share some thoughts on the Pyre Festival before we move onto the next update tomorrow & also offer some ideas for the H'ween event (if it's not too late):
1) I realize it was purposely the focus of this intro event but please don't make decorations as the majority of the prizes for future events. We've said it ad nauseum already, but we just don't have the room, even for the ones we already have! When both individual AND community prizes are mostly decor, the entire event just doesn't create as much fervor as it *could* have created if there had been more variety, incrementally bigger prizes and then a HUGE prize at the end for us to work towards (like something akin to the LOVE SHACK or a third kitchen!)... Some gems, energy CRATES, treasure troves or trade tickets along the way that ALL players could use (and wouldn't miss cuz they're maxed out on) would have been nice, too. An expansion permit would have been uber schweet!!!
2) When making decorations, PLEASE lose the troll snot & keep our lack of space in mind. Relegate them to single plot items or possibly just ONE decor that is 2x2, max. Lately, scale has just gotten nutty! lol (The sundial & festival spire are wayyyy oversized & will probably stay in storage for most players due to lack of space &/or difficulty finding somewhere to harmoniously place them.) Also give some consideration to making the prize decorations ANIMATED. ... My fave decoration in the game is Greselda's Fountain, simply for that reason! How much cooler would it have been if the bonfire actually looked like it was burning (or at least smoldered some lol) and the pyrefly glowed in its cage like a firefly does (instead of looking dead & stuffed into a too-small cage lol).
For H'ween, please think about "activating" some decorations we already have so they drop something. Permanently would be optimum but it'd be fun even if it's only for the event itself... Pumpkin hutch drops pumpkins!???
How about a new pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice latte recipe? A short (under 8 hr) spooky adventure somewhere?
3) When allocating & listing ways to acquire sunstones (or whatever future item we're going to be collecting), please make sure ALL corresponding ways are included & active before going live. In other words: If they come from adventures, then make sure it's ALL adventures...If from busting rocks, then ALL rocks...If from battling monsters, then ALL monsters. And if they drop from mythical beasts, then make it ALL mythical beasts. WHY was the pink alicorn excluded for the entire duration of this event??? ...*confused*
4) If Ivy isn't going to get a black cat as part of the Black Cat Guild brewing lessons from Greselda, then Halloween is the perfect time for a black cat pet... Or an owl or raven or wolf or dire boar or fangbeast or SOME kind of new animal/pet as a reward!
5) If there is a haunted house, graveyard or some other special Halloweenie-type building for the next event (like the pyre tent), please please please PLEASE don't make it useless after the event has ended. What a huge let-down of disappointment. We already have plenty of buildings that only drop coins.
6) The visible timer (with seconds included) was an AWESOME feature & it was so nice not to have to GUESS how much time was remaining, like we often have to do when the timer is overlaid on the corresponding page in our quest books.
I would have liked *that* sun as a prize or memento from the event! In fact, I would have traded 4 tiles that when placed together made ONE 2x2 festival sun like the one on the timer (how a true mosaic works) in exchange for the FORTY "mosaic" sun tiles.
7) The Thursday update with mini goals to get extra sunstones was really fun! The bundles? Not so much. I'm guessing their sales probably tanked because there weren't really any great, useful prizes to warrant the expense.
8) The ability to craft sunstones in the workshop was cool. I just wish there had also been a longer option requiring more resources than 5 minutes for one stone.
9) The rainbow pot event from St. Patrick's Day was a HUGE success & TONS of fun for all levels!!!....please consider doing another event like THAT one sometime soon (especially if it's gonna be for 18 days! lol)!
10) Pop-up dialogue at the end of the event would have been nice....something to say the Solstice Wanderers were packing up & moving on & thanks for the fun festival. Or just a pop-up announcement to say the festival had officially ended and congratulate us on all of our hard work. Just *something* to mark the end. Instead, the sun-timer ran out & simply disappeared off the board & then....then.... well, then nothing, except sunstones continued to drop for no reason. lol

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss our opinions (& for reading them! lol) & thanks a lot for giving us a common goal with this event! :) It truly improved the camaraderie amongst all of my neighbors!
I hope you will take some of our constructive criticism from here & back into your designer meetings for further consideration & discussion.
HERE'S TO BIGGER & BETTER AT HALLOWEEN!!! :)
(Just not bigger decorations, please lol)

Just realized that many things you said are now in this Halloween event!
Cheers!

CuteTali
03-07-15, 12:31 AM
I have a question about the Pyre tent. Does it ever drop anything besides coins once the event is over?

Also do the sundial and the glowing light pole thingy ever drop anything or are they purely decorative?

meme1098
03-07-15, 04:27 PM
Just decor unfortunately & coins are the only drop from the tent.

CuteTali
03-07-15, 10:06 PM
Just decor unfortunately & coins are the only drop from the tent.

Thank you for the info! :)