PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 08/07/15 Update World Event: Midsummer Pyre Festival

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

m1stery
08-12-14, 12:13 AM
While collecting from my pink alicorn it just triggered lovecupine, I don't think that ever happened before. Plus lovecupine just gave me 1 sun stone, so it seams that is fixed as glimmer gate said few posts back ;) can anyone report if they have fixed plume hive adventure to drop sun stones as well?

Well I just sent my knight to visit Plume Hive so tomorrow I'll see if they'll come back with any sun stones

transberry
08-12-14, 12:39 AM
Only around 500 no wizard school no white ailcorn but destroying lots of rocks

Hollie1922
08-12-14, 01:25 AM
what is the first community prize?

EBJW
08-12-14, 01:28 AM
I read the iron rich rock is giving stones, as well as the Lovecupine.

And yeah, it's probably a coincidence, but this morning I noticed the rock outcropping gives me (much) less stones than before...?!
Anyone else having the same problem?

I really hope it's me having bad luck again, cause I've been chopping my behind off lately, day in day out. I even start to sing songs to help me through it ("we will we will ROCK you", " working in the coalmine").

jim23cash
08-12-14, 01:45 AM

It looks like a sundial type decoration. ;)

EBJW
08-12-14, 01:57 AM

I think the second is a sundial;
the first looks more like a tile with a picture of the sun on it.
?

katbtodd
08-12-14, 02:27 AM
?

Looks like a facny rug or tapestry to me

katbtodd
08-12-14, 02:27 AM
I read the iron rich rock is giving stones, as well as the Lovecupine.

And yeah, it's probably a coincidence, but this morning I noticed the rock outcropping gives me (much) less stones than before...?!
Anyone else having the same problem?

I really hope it's me having bad luck again, cause I've been chopping my behind off lately, day in day out. I even start to sing songs to help me through it ("we will we will ROCK you", " working in the coalmine").

I noticed the same thing,..

katbtodd
08-12-14, 02:28 AM
Well I just sent my knight to visit Plume Hive so tomorrow I'll see if they'll come back with any sun stones

I sent my knights out too,,,

katbtodd
08-12-14, 02:29 AM
While collecting from my pink alicorn it just triggered lovecupine, I don't think that ever happened before. Plus lovecupine just gave me 1 sun stone, so it seams that is fixed as glimmer gate said few posts back ;) can anyone report if they have fixed plume hive adventure to drop sun stones as well?

Happens to be a lot ....

marrrina
08-12-14, 03:16 AM
I feel like I'm never going to get anywhere when you can only get 1 flag or 1 brazier at a time. I wish they could be crafted.

Seriously700
08-12-14, 04:50 AM
Those braziers are very slow to drop! I'm on the get 10 part, and I have 3 now. Didn't get a single one yesterday. I think it's correct that we'll be able to hit level 7 on the tent by the weekend. I trust TL to have done the math on this. Most of the other quests have given us enough time to move along and get it all finished, given due diligence on the players part.
I hope you are right about this. I think the issue is one of diligence versus randomness, and I have read too many stories of diligent folks who were unsuccessful in past quests because their personal drop rate wasn't as robust as the average.

My personal drop rate so far is just under 25% - 5 braziers in 21 diligent collections since reaching level 3. At this rate, I'll have enough braziers to reach level 7 with 4 or 5 days left in the event. That's not terrible, but not great, and that's with what I think is a rather diligent collection rate of 5 a day. If going forward I start getting drops a third of the time, that would save me 3 days.

Whenever I read about someone getting a really great drop rate in these quests, I figure there's someone else out there that's getting a really low drop rate as a statistical offset.

I assume the drop rate of sunstones is much better for higher level tents, but even though I've been reading all the posts, I don't recall the specifics and I don't see the tent drop rates listed on the first page. But if so, it would be advantageous to be able to update the tent sooner than later.

roguebee
08-12-14, 05:19 AM
I didn't keep track of the numbers for the lower levels, but a Level 6 tent is dropping 18 sunstones per collection.

I figure as long as I get my 4-5 flags and 1-2 braziers per day, I'll level up by the end of the weekend.

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 05:19 AM
I've been waiting for my last brazier to upgrade to level 6. I can't will it to drop more than I am already. Day 2 and counting.

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 05:20 AM
Level 5 dropped 15 Sunstones.

Jennerwein1
08-12-14, 05:26 AM
I have not seen a single troll since the beginning of the quest. I am harvesting, collecting from buildings. Only thing is: I need to upgrade the troll castle, maybe that will fix it. Anyone else have this problem? I' m staring to think they are all hiding, not wanting to give out their sun stones!

Liloze
08-12-14, 05:34 AM
This is probably going to be an unpopular view, so please throw only soft, ripe tomatoes. I don't need more bruises. :)

I hope the tent that shall not be named never drops anything, after the festival is over... If it did, I would be forced to leave it in my kingdom. I just can't go there... the horror!

Lmao You crack me up, :D
hemm ok weghing the pros and cons ...Tent drops goodies ( hidden behind trees lol ) vs. Useless tent in storage....?
Let's vote...lol

katbtodd
08-12-14, 05:35 AM
I've been waiting for my last brazier to upgrade to level 6. I can't will it to drop more than I am already. Day 2 and counting.

27flags and counting,, day 4 no brazier

Liloze
08-12-14, 05:39 AM
Yep cropped two Iron Rich Rock and they gave Sunstones along with one Lovecupine that gave me One as well
1140 sun stones up until this minute and counting ....:)

Liloze
08-12-14, 05:40 AM

Only 14 flags and 3 braziers after 4 days! yeah told you some of us are lucky that way lol :)

sheeveville
08-12-14, 05:57 AM
I am not getting credit for all the stones I collect. If the totals to get things are going to be high, then we should get credit for every one!

vontalken
08-12-14, 07:27 AM
I will admit that this is a good event for me to review all my neighbors to see if they are still active. After 5 days of the event if I can't find the tent up somewhere I think that is a good sign they are missing out.

jim23cash
08-12-14, 07:31 AM

I am not getting credit for all the stones I collect. If the totals to get things are going to be high, then we should get credit for every one!
The count seems to go up as soon as you generate the stone, not once you pick it up like other items. If you look at your count before doing anything that might give a stone, then notice that as soon as you chop/collect the amount goes up before you pick up your goodies.

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 07:32 AM
I have not seen a single troll since the beginning of the quest. I am harvesting, collecting from buildings. Only thing is: I need to upgrade the troll castle, maybe that will fix it. Anyone else have this problem? I' m staring to think they are all hiding, not wanting to give out their sun stones!

I've had plenty of trolls from rock cropping to cocoa harvesting, even a few building hits. Fangbeasts are in abundance when milking cows or collecting eggs from chickens. Skunkupine a when watering flowers or harvesting wheat it sugar cane and the odd dire boar, can't remember when though.

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 07:34 AM

Guess I should keep quiet and hide and be grateful then. Lol.

jim23cash
08-12-14, 07:34 AM

?

Looks like a facny rug or tapestry to me
Oh, sorry, you're right. The first one looks kinda like a mosaic tile with a sun pattern. ;)

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 07:36 AM
Oh, sorry, you're right. The first one looks kinda like a mosaic tile with a sun pattern. ;)

Think of the fancy patio stone designs. I want the sundial most.

katbtodd
08-12-14, 08:27 AM
Tap a Ali... Got my 40 energys And got my self rock outcropping..and started choping...,frist chop a boar,,, and again a boar and again and again.... Until I run out of energies and still had the rock standing,.. That has never happen,,, before

Liloze
08-12-14, 09:24 AM
Tap a Ali... Got my 40 energys And got my self rock outcropping..and started choping...,frist chop a boar,,, and again a boar and again and again.... Until I run out of energies and still had the rock standing,.. That has never happen,,, before

Got 3 boars from chopping a rock just now and 2 from cocoa beans and one from cows and bye bye energy lol.
collected from the tent just now 1 ONE flag and 18 stones and some coins and that is it ! 15 flags / 3 brasiers!
At this rate the festival will end and the tent will never reach level 7! :(
And since the tent is only for decoration purposes, I will not spend gems on it to level up!

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 09:29 AM
Hope you got plenty of Sunstones from that energy? I'm thinking of having a day of rock cropping and work shopping the excess coal into earth wisps and iron ore into fancy blocks so I don't waste all those resources.

Liloze
08-12-14, 09:33 AM
Hope you got plenty of Sunstones from that energy? I'm thinking of having a day of rock cropping and work shopping the excess coal into earth wisps and iron ore into fancy blocks so I don't waste all those resources.

You can also turn the coal to jewels if you have the magic forge and the iron into silver to create more sun stones :)
Honestly I did not get that much of the boars one stone from each!
I am at 1175, 25 more to reach 3 rd prize !

boxesj
08-12-14, 09:40 AM
How much stones to collect for last personal level? I couldn't play next couple of weeks... Just to see whether I have a chance by this Friday...

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 09:41 AM
You can also turn the coal to jewels if you have the magic forge and the iron into silver to create more sun stones :)
Honestly I did not get that much of the boars one stone from each!
I am at 1175, 25 more to reach 3 rd prize !

I'm guessing that's the fourth shard that's currently sitting in my kingdom goal book?

mcsyndrome
08-12-14, 09:41 AM
Anyone know whether level 7 is the highest you can level up the tent? I hope that's the highest level, since I'm sure I can get to that level before the end of this event without spending gems.

katbtodd
08-12-14, 09:43 AM
The count seems to go up as soon as you generate the stone, not once you pick it up like other items. If you look at your count before doing anything that might give a stone, then notice that as soon as you chop/collect the amount goes up before you pick up your goodies.

I have over 1700 stone...and I just got another flag,,, with no brazier again,,

Jennerwein1
08-12-14, 09:49 AM
I've had plenty of trolls from rock cropping to cocoa harvesting, even a few building hits. Fangbeasts are in abundance when milking cows or collecting eggs from chickens. Skunkupine a when watering flowers or harvesting wheat it sugar cane and the odd dire boar, can't remember when though.

Funny, I am getting boars galore, usually 2 per rock and the with harvesting, collecting from buildings and animals.. Go figure. Maybe my trolls are masquerading as boars ;)

Liloze
08-12-14, 09:50 AM
I'm guessing that's the fourth shard that's currently sitting in my kingdom goal book?

Yep this Last Shard unlock new Recipes in the magic forge :)

Liloze
08-12-14, 09:52 AM
Anyone know whether level 7 is the highest you can level up the tent? I hope that's the highest level, since I'm sure I can get to that level before the end of this event without spending gems.

Yes it is the last level :) And am definitely not spending gems on the tent!

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 10:23 AM
Yep this Last Shard unlock new Recipes in the magic forge :)

The irony that I need jewels and silver ore to get it when I'm pretty much out from crafting stones!

mamareader02
08-12-14, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know if the last " personal goal" is a decoration ? I seriously hope not,with all the energy sapping we are doing to get those sunstones.i hope it drops something,is worth our time,like the birthday kitty on FS2 was.for the first time,I used all alicorn available

brandonu
08-12-14, 10:37 AM
I'm at 870 stones with a level 5 tent. I need one more brazier to upgrade to level 6.

boxesj
08-12-14, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if the last " personal goal" is a decoration ? I seriously hope not,with all the energy sapping we are doing to get those sunstones.i hope it drops something,is worth our time,like the birthday kitty on FS2 was.for the first time,I used all alicorn available

Looks like a decoration from picture...can u see how many stones it needs yet?

katbtodd
08-12-14, 10:55 AM

Glimmergate said it was all focus on decoration even the tent after the event will drop nothing

vizbiz11
08-12-14, 11:16 AM
Can any of the players who have reached the personal prizes post pictures of them please? After getting the very disappointing bonfire with no fire, I'm hoping the next prizes are better. I'm close to getting the pyre fly stuffed in the woefully undersized cage. Not sure if it's worth it to struggle on to the statue. If the prizes at least look better, I may continue with this event. My enthusiasm has waned and I need some reason to keep playing.

TL, I know there were issues with the Pyre Cave event, but at least I felt excited when collecting from the Adventures. Did I get a dragon egg? What is in this trove? etc. This event is boring and needs more pay-off for the time and resources used.

Gabi2111
08-12-14, 11:37 AM
Can any of the players who have reached the personal prizes post pictures of them please? After getting the very disappointing bonfire with no fire, I'm hoping the next prizes are better. I'm close to getting the pyre fly stuffed in the woefully undersized cage. Not sure if it's worth it to struggle on to the statue. If the prizes at least look better, I may continue with this event. My enthusiasm has waned and I need some reason to keep playing.

TL, I know there were issues with the Pyre Cave event, but at least I felt excited when collecting from the Adventures. Did I get a dragon egg? What is in this trove? etc. This event is boring and needs more pay-off for the time and resources used.

I only have the poor thingo in the cage to show. Looks not bad, although the fly or bird looks a bit as if it's going to die any moment.

meme1098
08-12-14, 12:10 PM
My bonfire is sitting right behind my cows. Thks NWs for that! You can't smell the odor of burning dung over your way? :D

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vww6sh.jpg

BriarAvenue
08-12-14, 12:16 PM
Prize 4 - 2000: Wisp Lantern x 5, Energy x 20, Coins x 10,000, Gems x 5
Prize 5 - 3200: Fire Faerie Statue x 1 (size 2x2, decoration)

Cfm foregoing correct now that I hit the 1200 benchmark.
400 less stones than what I anticipated.

Those who lack 1 flag or brazier to upgrade to lvl 6,
I suggest you to consider to skip with gems if you can.
It's worth it as the stone drop rate will be 18 stones per collection.
Other rates seem also increased. E.g. I had 3 boars from harvesting 16 glimmer bulbs
And that gives me 5 sun stones. Think about it. I think it's worth spending the gems for the last item for your upgrading.

BriarAvenue
08-12-14, 12:17 PM
My bonfire is sitting right behind my cows. Thks NWs for that! You can't smell the odor of burning dung over your way? :D

Just beware the sparkles won't drive your herd for a rodeo run!

PurpleScorpion76
08-12-14, 12:21 PM

Other rates seem also increased. E.g. I had 3 boars from harvesting 16 glimmer bulbs
And that gives me 5 sun stones. Think about it. I think it's worth spending the gems for the last item for your upgrading.

Thanks will consider this as I'm about to get my next drop from the tent any minute.

Gabi2111
08-12-14, 12:52 PM

I don't agree totally here. I don't use gems for ornaments. Besides I'm able to accumulate sun stones by buying rocks and chop them down.
And in my kingdom I didn't notice other rates increasing after I upgraded the tent to level 6. Only the tent of course

tuskmage
08-12-14, 01:08 PM

Sun Stones drop rate increase from the Tent after each Tent upgrade Yes.

Sun Stones drop rate from other resource has nothing to do with the Tent upgrade.

gunnysmum
08-12-14, 02:16 PM
I hope you are right about this. I think the issue is one of diligence versus randomness, and I have read too many stories of diligent folks who were unsuccessful in past quests because their personal drop rate wasn't as robust as the average.

My personal drop rate so far is just under 25% - 5 braziers in 21 diligent collections since reaching level 3. At this rate, I'll have enough braziers to reach level 7 with 4 or 5 days left in the event. That's not terrible, but not great, and that's with what I think is a rather diligent collection rate of 5 a day. If going forward I start getting drops a third of the time, that would save me 3 days.

Whenever I read about someone getting a really great drop rate in these quests, I figure there's someone else out there that's getting a really low drop rate as a statistical offset.

I assume the drop rate of sunstones is much better for higher level tents, but even though I've been reading all the posts, I don't recall the specifics and I don't see the tent drop rates listed on the first page. But if so, it would be advantageous to be able to update the tent sooner than later.
It's 24 stones every 4 hours at level 7. I have impulse control issues and gemmed through

hugpete
08-12-14, 02:26 PM
If you completed the Troll questline, and Kaz went away, then the trolls went with him and aren't spawning right now.

For this reason, I parked a boar again and haven't fought beasts since the quest to **** 5 of them. I'm at nearly 1200 sunstones, and averaging 224 per day just with 2 manticores, 4 dragons, tent, crafting, rocks, and quests (yup, no Alicorn!); so fighting is kind of unnecessary IMO. I'll clear 4000 by the time the event is done.

How much stones to collect for last personal level? I couldn't play next couple of weeks... Just to see whether I have a chance by this Friday...

Answer in next quote, from post #2 of this thread. Lots of great info there!

Prize 1 - 150: Bonfire
Prize 2 - 450: Flame Flag x 10, Fancy Beam x 5, Fancy Block x 5 , Wool x 15, Coins x 75
Prize 3 - 1200: Caged Pyrefly x 1 (size 2x2, decoration)
Prize 5 - 3000: Not finished yet

Yes, level 7 seems to be the cap for now. Info about what's needed for each level is in post #2 of this thread.

See below. All decorations.

Reposting CottageRose's image for the many requests to see the items. It's from a few pages back.

By popular request, I put out the Bonfire, the Fire Faerie Statue and the Caged Pyrefly:

http://i.imgur.com/VS4snUN.jpg

4GrandmaD
08-12-14, 04:03 PM
How can you get more Mithril?

Jennerwein1
08-12-14, 04:05 PM
Thank you hugpete.That explains it, the troll castle is finished. I kinda liked them :(

PikaSquirrel
08-12-14, 04:57 PM
How can you get more Mithril?

THIS THREAD (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71934-Mithril) may help you out in collecting more Mithril. :)

BriarAvenue
08-12-14, 08:10 PM
Sun Stones drop rate increase from the Tent after each Tent upgrade Yes.

Sun Stones drop rate from other resource has nothing to with the Tent upgrade.

May be not for you, but it works for me.
I think I am getting sun stones faster.

EBJW
08-12-14, 09:52 PM

Some of my neighbours have placed it behind the purple cow, one behind dragons; I have it behind a manticore.

(it would have been so nice if the bonfire had actually burned!)

Queenzod
08-12-14, 11:51 PM
Really? The pyre fly cage is sitting in a teeny pile of troll snot. I can only assume from its design that the cage is top heavy, and the troll snot is being used like epoxy to keep it from falling over. Sigh.

behindthepurplesmoke
08-13-14, 12:22 AM
I don't know why my brazier drop rate is so low! My tent is at level 6, I'm working on updating it to level 7. I have 12 flags so far and only 1 brazier! I wish my drop rate for braziers was 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 4 like all of you guys are saying!

boxesj
08-13-14, 01:32 AM
I only got my very first brazier just now!! Used gem to updated last level. This level update needs 3!

sabrinashal
08-13-14, 01:55 AM
i am upgrading to tent level 7 soon and i only got the 3rd Prize Caged Pyrefly ... i am so behide .... this is really depressing ... i should have finished all by now ... :(

Jennerwein1
08-13-14, 02:47 AM
i am upgrading to tent level 7 soon and i only got the 3rd Prize Caged Pyrefly ... i am so behide .... this is really depressing ... i should have finished all by now ... :(

Don't be so hard on yourself. This is a game, no pressure! Supposed to be fun. I am about where you are, and feel I am right on target. Got all braziers, need flags, should have enough by today or tomorrow, depending on my random number generator. Just have fun, enjoy the ride, life is stressful enough, :)

PurpleScorpion76
08-13-14, 03:10 AM
I don't know why my brazier drop rate is so low! My tent is at level 6, I'm working on updating it to level 7. I have 12 flags so far and only 1 brazier! I wish my drop rate for braziers was 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 4 like all of you guys are saying!

I found the drop rate ok until it took 2 days and the final drop wouldn't come. I got impatient and skipped the last brazier. I'm now level 6 aiming for level 7 so have 12.5 days to hopefully get 10 braziers that should be 1 a day at 25% it should be more like 1.25 as I squeeze in a tap at around 4am. Total of 6 taps a day for the tent.

gfp60
08-13-14, 03:36 AM
I supposedly got a bonfire and it was supposed to be in my inventory but it's not. That was three days ago and it's still not there. Anyone else have this issue?

Are all the rewards decorations? or does anything do anything. I dont have any decorations in my kingdom.

And will the tent change drops after the event to more "universal" type items?

perry5
08-13-14, 03:39 AM
[QUOTE=Queenzod;948097]Really? The pyre fly cage is sitting in a teeny pile of troll snot. I can only assume from its design that the cage is top heavy, and the troll snot is being used like epoxy to keep it from falling

That must be it! Or...the designers have some serious hay fever and have forgotten the niceties of tissue use.

Liloze
08-13-14, 04:33 AM
Well it is not happening here! I am still at level 6, I am getting one flag per collection some coins and the 18 stones and that's it!

My first collection today gave one brasier after 4 days of no brasiers at all and still dropping 1 flag per collection! (So I do not think the 33% ratio is accurate! )

So now am at 18 flags and 4 brasiers ! And that after 5 days being stuck at level 6 !

BTW 14 of the flags and the 3 brasiers I got before reaching level 6 which means nothing is increasing with the level up, at least for me!

But I am trying to get more sun stones so am now at 1353 :)

roguebee
08-13-14, 05:11 AM
I don't believe there was ever a statement that the drop rate for flags and braziers would increase with upgrades to the tent, just an increase in the amount of sunstones. You get 1 flag per collection and a chance at a brazier.

katbtodd
08-13-14, 06:06 AM
Well it is not happening here! I am still at level 6, I am getting one flag per collection some coins and the 18 stones and that's it!

My first collection today gave one brasier after 4 days of no brasiers at all and still dropping 1 flag per collection! (So I do not think the 33% ratio is accurate! )

So now am at 18 flags and 4 brasiers ! And that after 5 days being stuck at level 6 !

BTW 14 of the flags and the 3 brasiers I got before reaching level 6 which means nothing is increasing with the level up, at least for me!

But I am trying to get more sun stones so am now at 1353 :)

I agree it took me 4 days to get to level 6 and I was collection every 4 hours,,, and that on,y needing 3 brazier ,, so I don't see my self making level 7 that's for sure ,,have 23 flags

katbtodd
08-13-14, 06:08 AM
I find it sad ,, All this just for decoration... I made it to the gems and extra 20 energy,,,lost out on lanterns was maxed ,,, so now I will slow down,,I don't need the decorations ,

Liloze
08-13-14, 06:28 AM
I don't believe there was ever a statement that the drop rate for flags and braziers would increase with upgrades to the tent, just an increase in the amount of sunstones. You get 1 flag per collection and a chance at a brazier.

Well much the worse then! ( though I read many players saying they got more than one flag per collection after level up!)
Logically, there should be an increase in the flags rate and the brasiers since we are up grading the tent, and it is the only source for these items! All of this Aside , when I started with the tent I used to get 3 to 5 flags / per collection and often a brasier with them, after I got my second prize ( which included 10 flags) this drop rate changed radically!
I am only stating my own experience, and at this rate ( and collecting religiously every 4 hours) no I won't make it to level 7 and I won't be spending gems to buy what's left to level up!
Not worth it for a decoration tent (that will go into storage after the festival) , Glimmergate was clear on this point!

Castloninian
08-13-14, 07:06 AM
I am on 15 flags and 3 braziers (level 6) and have only had one brazier in a couple of days. If that drop rate / bad luck continues I might not be able to upgrade the tent in time. I know it doesn't matter but I would still find it a shame to not make it to the highest level despite near max collections on the tent each day.

idrispad
08-13-14, 07:08 AM
I'm annoyed that I spent a few gems on the tent before discovering that it isn't going to do anything after the event and all prizes are just decorations. I'm still collecting sunstones but I'm not spending any more gems.

gandalf72
08-13-14, 07:30 AM

You're lucky. I'm at level 5, with 2 braziers to go. I get at least 3 taps per day , but don't count on me to rake in the level 7 sunstones for us!! I have 19 flags and 1161 sunstones, but the brazier drop rate is probably too SLOW!

Rockylandia
08-13-14, 07:35 AM
I, too, find myself sort of losing interest. I don't really mind playing for decorations, but the final prizes- weird lamp thing and statue of imp - don't seem very desirable to me. I mean, I have Griselda's fountain which is merely decorative, but it is animated with flowing water and I just like fountains. These decorations don't seem to do anything. To be honest, have stopped chopping rocks or fighting monsters. Not crafting sun stones either. Still collecting from tent and dragons to help those interested in community prizes, but that's it.

Jennerwein1
08-13-14, 07:37 AM
I am maxed on braziers for lvl 7 and still getting them. Wish I could send you guys some. I still need 8 flags, which are really slow for me. I guess it depends on the idiosyncrasies of each game. Just made it to the poor bird in the tiny cage, now only shooting for the goodies of prize 3.
Like idrispad I am annoyed at having spent some gems initially on the tent, since I thought it would drop stuff like the Gazebo afterward. Saving my gems for the next quest.

meme1098
08-13-14, 07:51 AM
I'm at 13/40 flags & 3/10 braziers. Don't think I'm gonna make level 7 either but at this point it's getting rather tedious. I still craft a few stones each day just to use up resources and creeping up on 1200 as I type. Wonder what's the magic number for the 2nd community prize?

roguebee
08-13-14, 10:09 AM
Pyre Tent Upgrades
Level 1: 50 wood, 50 stones, 3 simple glues, 500 coins
Level 2: 2 wood beams, 2 stone blocks, 2 simple glues, 1 flame flag
Level 3: 3 wood beams, 3 stone blocks, 3 purple dyes, 1 flame flag
Level 4: 2 fancy beams, 2 red dyes, 3 flame flags, 1 brazier
Level 5: 3 fancy beams, 2 super glues, 5 flame flags, 2 braziers
Level 6: 4 fancy beams, 3 purple dyes, 10 flame flags, 3 braziers
Level 7: 6 fancy beams, 20 wool, 40 flame flags, 10 braziers

dizzy7373
08-13-14, 10:29 AM
Just a rough estimate of where you hope to be on each day to achieve the final prize.
Not 100% accurate, but just gives a ball park figure.
http://i.imgur.com/dbAY8tt.png
I know the event started on the 7th, but in my timezone that was at 8pm so only left a few hours of that day, but I will have most of the last day to get the stones.

Queenzod
08-13-14, 10:53 AM
Dizzy, thanks for this! Very helpful!

geenammlp1
08-13-14, 11:01 AM
I would like to know when Android users will be able to get these games also! I'm sure there's a lot more people out there who would enjoy playing castle story, home design and etc. I think Android users will agree with me about this.

PikaSquirrel
08-13-14, 11:31 AM
I would like to know when Android users will be able to get these games also! I'm sure there's a lot more people out there who would enjoy playing castle story, home design and etc. I think Android users will agree with me about this.

We can't speculate if Castle Story will be available for Android, but we'll pass along your interest to our development team. :)

gunnysmum
08-13-14, 11:33 AM
I am pretty sure the plume hive gave me sun stones. It went by so fast. Can anyone else confirm this?

katbtodd
08-13-14, 11:47 AM
I am pretty sure the plume hive gave me sun stones. It went by so fast. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yes I think I recieved 10 from it

PurpleScorpion76
08-13-14, 02:37 PM
2 x Rock Croppings = 40 chops and think i got 2 sun stones. I'm 8 away from 1200! Getting frustrated!

m1stery
08-13-14, 02:47 PM

I can confirm this, I got 21 stones today.

room27
08-13-14, 02:47 PM
I just received a bunch of stones from the plume hive adventure also! Earlier today, I also collected a smoked fish sandwich from the fish market. Thanks for adding these, Glimmergate.

And thank you, Dizzy, for the chart. It's so much easier to see this as doable when it's broken down into manageable chunks the way you laid it out. Thanks again.

jptheripper
08-13-14, 03:45 PM
2309 :)

kumkibaby
08-13-14, 05:26 PM
Flags are dropping... No braziers till now

8hat
08-13-14, 05:51 PM
I'm on level 6 to 7. All day no braziers until just now 1...1 of 10. Not complaining at all; I'll get what I get. Back to tending my dragon egg now. :)

DrP4ever
08-13-14, 06:21 PM
There is no way I will finish this. Only play when home on wifi. Haven't collected a brazier in days and need 10 plus 40 flags. Not going to happen. No point in using gems if it is only a decoration. Back to working on trade tickets for me.

Queenzod
08-13-14, 07:44 PM
Looks like we might hit the first community prize tomorrow, or sooner if you Aussies get cracking, lol. Very exciting! A *tile!* ;)

SpiritWind00
08-13-14, 07:46 PM
Looks like we might hit the first community prize tomorrow, or sooner if you Aussies get cracking, lol. Very exciting! A *tile!* ;)

QZ I'm doing what I can on the Aussie front!! Hahahaha.... Never surrender! Ok, stop reading and get chopping! :) :)

Queenzod
08-13-14, 07:49 PM
QZ I'm doing what I can on the Aussie front!! Hahahaha.... Never surrender! Ok, stop reading and get chopping! :) :)

Good! Here in the US, we're moving into evening and time for nighty night, so that's why all y'all down under are so important right now! You can pull us into the home stretch!

SpiritWind00
08-13-14, 08:03 PM
Good! Here in the US, we're moving into evening and time for nighty night, so that's why all y'all down under are so important right now! You can pull us into the home stretch!

I shall make it my personal mission not to let you down my friend! It's 1pm here, lots of daylight left for chopping... Now, where outhouse? ;)

deardebbie
08-13-14, 08:25 PM
My first post to the forum! I am at 1084. Do well on weekends, but week days are hard because of work. Any source for flame flags other than adventures and pyre tent? 40 flags is slow!

SpiritWind00
08-13-14, 08:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Debbie... No that's the only place. Wish more would drop each time too. Braziers are worse. They are like hens teeth.

Any chance you could increase their drop rate TL?

myndisue
08-13-14, 08:53 PM
I've only ever had one brazier drop so far. I spent 10 gems to get my tent to level 5. Don't want to spend any more so going to try to be patient.

I think I spent 15-20 gems getting my tents up to level 6. (I have 3 kingdoms.) I didn't spend any of my money though, those were all from "collect from a building" goals. Going to wait it out to reach the last level, too many gems now.

And on the subject of lower levels being at a disadvantage. I have a kingdom, level 22, with only 2 sparkling mines, no shards yet, & I must be in a "monster free zone"! Some days I don't see but a couple spawned all day long! Yet I have broke the 650 mark and I'm not obsessively playing either. So it is doable! If I can do it in a poor little kingdom like mine, anyone can.

newzealander
08-13-14, 10:22 PM

Hey there!!! Just so you know, there's a whole bunch of other people down here working just as hard as the Aussies ;-)

Queenzod
08-13-14, 10:24 PM
Hey there!!! Just so you know, there's a whole bunch of other people down here working just as hard as the Aussies ;-)

Sorry 'bout that! It's just that you're not as vocal as those Aussies! ;)

Castloninian
08-13-14, 10:25 PM

Let's just hope it is a small *tile*. Saw the top personal prize somewhere and it was huge it freaked me out.

kudukuda
08-13-14, 10:46 PM

You are lucky that this was your answer and not something along the lines of New Zealanders are like Aussies. That's worse than saying Canadiens are like Americans....

tabbypeter
08-13-14, 11:29 PM
(Edit maguar)

How Community Events Work)

Community events have two parts to them. The first is prizes you earn for yourself. The second is prizes that are earned as a community - everyone who is doing the event contributes once you hit 650 sunstones.

In this community event you need to collect sunstones. This can be done by collecting from mines, monsters, mythical creatures, rocks, workshop, pyre tent, adventures. The sunstones won't appear in your inventory. They'll appear as a counter next to the sun icon on the right hand side of the screen. Click the icon to view your (and the community's) progress.

http://i59.tinypic.com/t052xu.png

Quests

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14776&d=1407438288

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14779&d=1407438962

Pyre Tent

Collection time is four hours
Drops the flags and braziers needed for its upgrades
Drops sunstones - drops more at higher upgrade levels

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14780&d=1407438990

Level 1
* 50 stone
* 3 simple glue
* 50 wood
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14777&d=1407438495

Level 2
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/ceeayecee/0a3a2b2f2de3622394a9176659299303.jpg

Level 3
http://i58.tinypic.com/2v2tt8g.png

Level 4
http://i58.tinypic.com/7334op.png

Upgrade to level 5
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14782&d=1407456240

upgrade to level 6
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14786&d=1407504228

Prizes

http://i61.tinypic.com/33e6d54.png

http://i.imgur.com/VS4snUN.jpg

Caged Pyrefly

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14854&d=1407868665 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14854&d=1407868665)

Prize 1 - 150: Bonfire
Prize 2 - 450: Flame Flag x 10, Fancy Beam x 5, Fancy Block x 5 , Wool x 15, Coins x 75
Prize 3 - 1200: Caged Pyrefly x 1 (size 2x2, decoration)
Prize 5 - 3000: Not finished yet

Info from Devs

No Brazier has been dropped from my Pyre tent. I have paid to update my tent to level 6. It is quite dissapointing that I do not get any Brazier at all. I have been playing since the start of the event. This is much less than 33% in average.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 04:55 AM
No Brazier has been dropped from my Pyre tent. I have paid to update my tent to level 6. It is quite dissapointing that I do not get any Brazier at all. I have been playing since the start of the event. This is much less than 33% in average.

I haven't seen a brazier in 4 days I think it is now. Apart from in my dreams. All 10 dropped in the last day and started yapping their teeth! I agree 33% seems to be a bit bizarre in my game.

outhouse01
08-14-14, 05:12 AM
I shall make it my personal mission not to let you down my friend! It's 1pm here, lots of daylight left for chopping... Now, where outhouse? ;)

I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying. Pesky work is getting in the way. How dare they! I'm back to chopping!

Still think the results are a bit disappointing, but will try my best. Cheers

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 05:25 AM
I haven't seen a brazier in 4 days I think it is now. Apart from in my dreams. All 10 dropped in the last day and started yapping their teeth! I agree 33% seems to be a bit bizarre in my game.

Scratch that! Just got 1! Woopee!

eam13
08-14-14, 06:12 AM
Anyone notice a marked decrease in flats and sunstone drop rates? They're much more sparse now ... Ugh.

Liloze
08-14-14, 06:36 AM
The irony that I need jewels and silver ore to get it when I'm pretty much out from crafting stones!

Wow now that's what I call a vicious circle!
Well since the event is timed, you can delay the last Tabernum shard then, but believe me you will need to have for other quests, my advice after the festival work on this goal :)

belbar22
08-14-14, 08:07 AM

I have not had a brazier since I upgraded my tent to level 6 a couple of days ago!!!

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 08:29 AM
Wow now that's what I call a vicious circle!
Well since the event is timed, you can delay the last Tabernum shard then, but believe me you will need to have for other quests, my advice after the festival work on this goal :)

From all the rock cropping I got the 50 I needed within a few hours. Last shard accomplished. Now making silver and jewels too!

claupu
08-14-14, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know if the adventure to the Feral Lands also drops Sun Stones? It was reported that it doesn't, but that was true to the Plume Hive as well. And that one now does drop stones (I got 21! ).

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if the adventure to the Feral Lands also drops Sun Stones? It was reported that it doesn't, but that was true to the Plume Hive as well. And that one now does drop stones (I got 21! ).

I would like to know too I'm doing Feral Land Quest ATM.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 08:35 AM
Don't want to waste opportunity to get Sunstones!

jim23cash
08-14-14, 09:16 AM
There is a thread called something like "tiny little changes to adventures" in CS forum that tells which adventures had sunstones added. It also mentions that the drop rate for some older quest items that people have been stuck on (large diamond, burning ember) have been doubled for those still stuck on those goals.
I'm around 1700 in stones, and waiting to upgrade to level 7 tent. The tent takes 40 flags, at one per visit, so I've been patient and the braziers have slowly been dropping. I'm finally done with brasiers, but still need about 12 flags. Just remember that the brazier rate doesn't have to be near the flag drop rate. Hang in there, we still have some time left! ;)

Nimlandy
08-14-14, 09:19 AM
Can I ask? I though the braziers were culminative? Each level up to this they were I thought (I'm at level 6). I had 1, levelled up, needed two more to have 3 altogether. Now I need a whole different 10? Is that right?

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 09:29 AM
Can I ask? I though the braziers were culminative? Each level up to this they were I thought (I'm at level 6). I had 1, levelled up, needed two more to have 3 altogether. Now I need a whole different 10? Is that right?

Yes like you would any other building. I've collected braziers and have upgraded and currently only have 1 in my inventory. It's the stones that are accumulative.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 09:38 AM
There is a thread called something like "tiny little changes to adventures" in CS forum that tells which adventures had sunstones added. It also mentions that the drop rate for some older quest items that people have been stuck on (large diamond, burning ember) have been doubled for those still stuck on those goals.
I'm around 1700 in stones, and waiting to upgrade to level 7 tent. The tent takes 40 flags, at one per visit, so I've been patient and the braziers have slowly been dropping. I'm finally done with brasiers, but still need about 12 flags. Just remember that the brazier rate doesn't have to be near the flag drop rate. Hang in there, we still have some time left! ;)

Sorry but I can't see this in the thread you mention. Are you sure it's that one or am I officially going mad?

Nimlandy
08-14-14, 09:41 AM
Yes like you would any other building. I've collected braziers and have upgraded and currently only have 1 in my inventory. It's the stones that are accumulative.

But I'm nearly positive they were culminative up to this point. And also the flags are culminative...

room27
08-14-14, 09:42 AM
Braziers are dropping irregularly for me. I'm at level 6 now, and the first three drops included a brazier each time. Now it's been 14 straight without a one! I think the 33% is cumulative, like those dang pitcher plants. I'd get three or four in a row, then nada for another ten tries. Just plugging along...

tuskmage
08-14-14, 09:49 AM

There's no Sun Stones drop from adventure to the Feral Lands currently as of 08/14/2014 ;)

Rockylandia
08-14-14, 09:51 AM
Braziers are dropping irregularly for me. I'm at level 6 now, and the first three drops included a brazier each time. Now it's been 14 straight without a one! I think the 33% is cumulative, like those dang pitcher plants. I'd get three or four in a row, then nada for another ten tries. Just plugging along...

Yes, drop rates should be calculated on a macro scale. So if we all cumulatively collect from the tents 10,000 times then 3,000 braziers should drop, but theoretically there could be 100 people receiving 30 braziers each while the rest receive nothing. That hasn't actually happened, but random distribution will mean that some people might collect 40 flags and only a couple of braziers. If you collect enough times, eventually the braziers will reach a 33% rate.

ajax1964
08-14-14, 10:06 AM
I finished this, the tent was key, dropped between 20-30 suns each time

cloudsail
08-14-14, 10:11 AM
Almost at the first prize! So excited!!!

reliquary
08-14-14, 10:19 AM
We are cookin to the first community tile thingie. I watched the # drop by ~2million this morning. Only 2.3m to go...I'm guessing that's in a few hours!

roguebee
08-14-14, 10:59 AM
1.65 to go.

Blanche_Lady
08-14-14, 11:00 AM
Hello! No Has a community prize been given already?

roguebee
08-14-14, 11:05 AM
Yeah, looks like that 1% counter is broken.. the yellow bar is accurate, though, so you can use that as a guide. Can't believe you guys are moving so quickly.

Is anything else not working? (Just got in, trying to backread through a bunch of pages). Currently working on getting Sun Stones added to the Plume Hive adventure, the Iron Rich Rock, and the Lovecupine, hoping these will be out in the next couple days.

I think this was the quote someone was looking for earlier. Sun Stones added to Plume Hive adventure, but no mention of Feral Lands adventure.

jptheripper
08-14-14, 11:07 AM
I finished this, the tent was key, dropped between 20-30 suns each time

You are missing the point! You aren't finished until the community prizes are earned. Please keep going

katbtodd
08-14-14, 11:11 AM
Or until the 25th which one come first

hugpete
08-14-14, 12:20 PM
A bunch of new quests giving out sunstones!

meme1098
08-14-14, 12:32 PM
Just got the community prize...40 pretty sun tiles.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 12:32 PM
My neighbour quest isn't working?!? I've visited neighbours and they aren't registering ??? I've forced closed too. Any ideas?

meme1098
08-14-14, 12:33 PM
My neighbour quest isn't working?!? I've visited neighbours and they aren't registering ??? I've forced closed too. Any ideas?

Nope visit community, not nbrs. TLs done it again with the miswording.

megan1986pa
08-14-14, 12:46 PM
Ok so I never post on here just go around and look through for info( tha k you all shype especially for using all them gems). But just saw the twist we got with the pyre tent and love that it has some story line to it!!!! Way to throw in the surprise glimmergate:). Made this quest a lot more interesting and sad to say I stopped at 1500 but just have the motivation to start up again for sun stones!!!!!

gfp60
08-14-14, 12:52 PM
Can someone help me? I supposedly got a bonfire several days ago but it has yet to show up in my inventory. I'm assuming it's a glitch but is there someone I need to contact to get it sorted out? Also, I just now received 40 sun mosaics. 40! Do they do anything?? Thanks!

meme1098
08-14-14, 12:56 PM
Can someone help me? I supposedly got a bonfire several days ago but it has yet to show up in my inventory. I'm assuming it's a glitch but is there someone I need to contact to get it sorted out? Also, I just now received 40 sun mosaics. 40! Do they do anything?? Thanks!

The mosaics are decorations. I've put a few out & think they look nice.

For the bonfire, have you force closed the game and then reloaded to sync with TLs servers to see if it shows up? If it's still not showing up, send an email to support with all your info (ID, kingdom name, gem count, etc) and the problem. Hopefully, they'll get it worked out for you soon.

CottageRose
08-14-14, 01:05 PM
Just got the community prize...40 pretty sun tiles.
Ooooh! Sounds cool. Haven't had chance to login yet, but I bet they would go nice with the sundial. ;)

Beleriand
08-14-14, 01:08 PM
I love the tiles and the continuation of the story line......I laughed at the poetry tent. Well done TL.

brandonu
08-14-14, 01:10 PM
236,991,997 to the next prize.

That's a lot...

shambalaya
08-14-14, 01:28 PM
236,991,997 to the next prize.

That's a lot...

yeah, it took us one week to do 160.000.000 ...

gfp60
08-14-14, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your input :). I did force close the game. I think I'll un-install and re-install. If that doesn't work I'll contact TL. Thanks again. :)

8hat
08-14-14, 01:40 PM
Everybody who does these new quests will earn sun stones as rewards and our tents are further along upgraded than they started last week...
Stay positive people; we can do this

gfp60
08-14-14, 01:42 PM
I love the tiles and the continuation of the story line......I laughed at the poetry tent. Well done TL.

Poetry tent? Is that different from the Pyre tent?

cloudsail
08-14-14, 01:49 PM
As more people hit the 650 mark hopefully the rate will pick up, otherwise no way we'll get the last community prize before the event ends.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 01:57 PM
yeah, it took us one week to do 160.000.000 ...

I suppose the hope is that with upgrading tents we should gather more sun stones. Least I hope so. I want the sundial :)

brandonu
08-14-14, 01:58 PM
We are collecting over 1,000,000 stones an hour.

We should get to the next level in 5-6 days.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 02:10 PM
We are collecting over 1,000,000 stones an hour.

We should get to the next level in 5-6 days.

I noticed it was something like that. I'm sure we'll do just fine :) plus the sunstone rate will increase as more people get higher level tents :)

kooky panda
08-14-14, 02:15 PM
Visit community members instead.
Maguar has reported this over.

PurpleScorpion76
08-14-14, 02:21 PM
Visit community members instead.
Maguar has reported this over.

Yes I've seen this thank you for highlighting.

Beleriand
08-14-14, 02:27 PM
Poetry tent? Is that different from the Pyre tent?

It's not a "real" tent, just part of the story line, it doesn't show up in your kingdom.

tuskmage
08-14-14, 02:39 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/CC298C8B-2E77-40A6-B643-6987AC9538C0_zpsjsgmbv7v.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/CC298C8B-2E77-40A6-B643-6987AC9538C0_zpsjsgmbv7v.jpg.html)

gilachaya
08-14-14, 02:41 PM
I wanted to post a picture of the 6th prize but couldn't figure out how. If you want to visit me to see it my ID is gilachaya. Yes I gemmed past some steps to get here. I'm definitely hooked on this game :). Thank you to everyone who shares tips here!!!

hugpete
08-14-14, 04:06 PM
Can anyone who finished the No Basic Witches goal (give 200,000 coins) tell me if another goal pops up after it? I have a plan for my coins...

FigmentValley
08-14-14, 04:46 PM
I got 40 sun mosaics, also....

room27
08-14-14, 04:59 PM
Oh, I just had to go and mention the pitcher plants! Now Greselda's tent wants the green potted plants and every time I grow seeds, guess what I get...more pitcher plants! Now that I don't need them! Just sitting here laughing and shaking my head. :)

As we all get our tents upgraded, the numbers for the community prize should move faster. For the first one, we had t wait for everyone to get into the community. We had lower level tents and getting to 650 took longer. Now that we've been upgrading, our individual totals are bigger, so we can accumulate more stones faster.

Having so much fun with this! Thank you TL for adding this fun twist to the Pyre Tent. I never expected an update today. Great surprise! Thanks!

gfp60
08-14-14, 05:05 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/CC298C8B-2E77-40A6-B643-6987AC9538C0_zpsjsgmbv7v.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/CC298C8B-2E77-40A6-B643-6987AC9538C0_zpsjsgmbv7v.jpg.html)

wow! thanks for posting this! it's beautiful!

Bexx85
08-15-14, 01:40 AM
Can anyone who finished the No Basic Witches goal (give 200,000 coins) tell me if another goal pops up after it? I have a plan for my coins...

It's the end of the quest line. Well, you get a few gems (I think it was 3) as a reward.

Bexx85
08-15-14, 01:48 AM
I am an optimistic person but I don't see how we could possibly get the last community prize. Assuming that in this week we will collect roughly as many sun stones as we did last week, it will take 7 days for the second prize and by then the event is almost over. I know its just useless decoration but i like some variety in my kingdom.

newzealander
08-15-14, 03:11 AM

Ohhhhh we can hold our own when we need to!! Just wait till you see me type in caps....it's a frightening sight!

You are lucky that this was your answer and not something along the lines of New Zealanders are like Aussies. That's worse than saying Canadiens are like Americans....

Haha, Kudu. It happens allllllllll the time. But there are worse things to be called.....Kiwis are often mistaken for....no, never mind. ;-)

Just hit 1500. Not sure about these mosaic tiles. Thinking of using them in the basement bathroom that no one ever sees.

QueenCarolyn
08-15-14, 05:50 AM
I just got 1915 sun stones. Almost to the next prize. I wish they gave us the choice of a decoration or all those lanterns and things I can't use. I like to have "useless" decorations. This has been a very fun update.

Liloze
08-15-14, 06:55 AM
I noticed it was something like that. I'm sure we'll do just fine :) plus the sunstone rate will increase as more people get higher level tents :)

I wonder how we'll reach higher level tent, or last rather with one flag / collection and 3 brasiers / 7 days! As far as This tent is concerned, It won't reach level 7 at this rate, not only for me,but for many I am sure! Except if they want to waste gems on decorations!

iLLUMI2012
08-15-14, 07:22 AM
Nope visit community, not nbrs. TLs done it again with the miswording.

For me it said Community not Neighbours. I guess they must have fixed it pretty quickly. Or were people misreading Community and thinking Neighbours?

Anyway, it's all good. I was hoping for some actual Tents to place on my grounds. That would have been cool to see tents that are styled to suit the game characters.

Anyone know if there will be any more quests forthcoming for this Event?

fluffybutter007
08-15-14, 07:31 AM
For me it said Community not Neighbours. I guess they must have fixed it pretty quickly. Or were people misreading Community and thinking Neighbours?

TL fixed it pretty quickly. When I did the quest, it said: Tell your Neighbors (Spread the word).

55lee55
08-15-14, 09:12 AM
I am perpetually sleep deprived and didn't read everything closely, so if this has already been asked and answered, please humor me and answer again, thanks.

I first decided to simply not play this event when it was revealed that all of the prizes were either useless decorations or even more useless supplies, most which as a fully expanded kingdom I have maxed on most things in the pictures. Lanterns? Maxed on those, don't need them, can't get them. So I stored the pepto tent sitting in snot. But the stones kept adding up, and I reasoned, apparently incorrectly, that after this farce of an event is done that the tent would drop something useful, so I took it out and buried it in aspen trees.

Is it true that after this silly stone thing is over, not only will I have received nothing of value as prizes, half which I will go by not seeing them at all, but the pepto tent will turn into a useless decoration and stop dropping anything at all?

Isn't this a new low for Team Lava? Has there ever been a building, Shack or tent that was used as part of a Quest for a time marking Event that became totally useless after the event? Aren't over half of us, including me, kicking ourselves that we started playing CS too late to get the Love Shack, which apparently not only marks the length of time a neighbor has been playing, but gives those lucky players something very useful and gives those who were there then a continuing advantage over those of us who came later?

So have I been wrongfully consoling others as well as myself not to worry, that the special events are a handy way to date when a person started playing, and we too would be getting handy things similar to the Love Shack, that those who come later will covet and salivate over, but will be too late? That we would be able to give these items a hallowed spot in our kingdoms so that those new players post endlessly that "I want one!", but we will have the handy item to show for having completed an Epic Event that latecomers won't ever be able to get?

Looks like they can have my Pepto Tent and be welcome to it.

Is it true that the pepto tent, the ugliest thing sitting in troll snot in all of Castle Story Land will go dead after this Event? Is it not only a useless eyesore during this sun stone joke, but it will go dead and be totally useless to mark our enduring of this farce but for it we have an exceedingly ugly blob that ends up doing nothing afterward?

Say it ain't so, TL!

If true, it is going in storage today, to heck with these silly community prizes. If you are going to get to the last decoration I won't be wasting good real estate to help get yet another useless decoration. You will get there or not without me. I only took it back out of storage in the hope that it would be worth something after this prizeless event. What is the deal about making prizes either things that high level players won't be needing or that contain a few items (flags) that are needed for the event itself? When the snot clears, will there be nothing worth keeping? I have the stepping stones in my maze, but they are gaudy and garish, okay for an event, but not artistically attractive as the older CS items are. The newer items look
like they have been stolen from a different game and dropped into our beautiful CS Universe. The stepping stones look like a cross section of an over boiled hard boiled egg sitting in strawberry jam. Not an artistic line drawn on them. Did you really fire all of your good artists? The artistic beauty is what set Castle Story above all other games. Seems I worked hard to get to the highest level just as TL fired their artists and story line writers, and hired additional help to toss TL Speak at us instead of fixing problems and answering questions in a straightforward manner.

Voting with my pocketbook, TL! Hope others vote with theirs as well. You would do well to hire your artists and writers back, and continue the story to it's logical conclusion and let CS RIP while you have players who still love the game. I used to believe TL could/would do no wrong or sneaky things, but this "event" has opened my eyes. The only reason I am staying is because of the awesome people who are drawn to this game (I have neighbors who are the best in the world), but as soon as TL takes down the wall as you did in your Forest game, so that neighbors can't communicate, you will take the last thing keeping me here.

Please leave the wall, TL. And please leave us with something actually usefull to everyone i.e. Make the tent drop something useful, or make it another kitchen, to mark the completion of this event for those who have endured it.

Rockylandia
08-15-14, 09:56 AM
I do agree that it's very strange to leave us with a structure serving no purpose. As I noted before, not just the Love Shack but the reindeer stable, kingdom inn, and summer gazebo all drop useful things.

Anaboe
08-15-14, 09:57 AM
I'm a bit done with this event: it takes forever, and almost all of my energy so I can't do much else. Don't mind one out of two, but 18(?) days collecting Sunstones is getting a bit boring - and we still have 11 days to go.

That, plus the seemingly impossible ?nd useless goals make it less and less fun. I got 1.487 Sunstones after 8 days of hard work, and I doubt if I will make it to the last individual goal.

On top of it, I have 4 quest that seem impossible to get:
* Just discovered Fire (requires 20 Mithril and I don't have a Mithril dragon, nor the gems to buy one)
* Ivy's Hungry Tummy (trade with Belladonna requires a lot of rat tails - which I had to give to Ivy for the Sunstone-quest - and I've done this trade atleast a dozen times, but no skunky-pie anywhere)
* Coping Meganism (upgrade the Royal Maze garden - no Glimmer trap plants for me, nor Glimmer Rafflesia)

To make things worse, my Faerie Respite stopped dropping goodies (part of the story-line I guess) and my very expensive Harvest Pergola (bought gems to buy it) hasn't dropped anything besides Grits, Sugar or Flour.

The only quest that's going alright is Fearie Rich History.

To me, I'm a bit done.

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
08-15-14, 10:51 AM
I wonder how we'll reach higher level tent, or last rather with one flag / collection and 3 brasiers / 7 days! As far as This tent is concerned, It won't reach level 7 at this rate, not only for me,but for many I am sure! Except if they want to waste gems on decorations!

Is anyone else having problems getting the brazier to drop from the Pyre Tent? I used to get a flag and brazier-now I'm lucky to get one flag. I do get sunstones, but not as many as earlier levels. I am at Level six and it seems like weeks rather than days that I have been trying to collect for level 7. Forty flags did not seem too bad when I got at least one per collection but now it looks like I will have to buy Level 7. However I will not be buying Level 7 as after my credit card bill came, between the last two months Team Lava has made over $1000.00 from me playing their games. Now it is either do the goals by acquiring objects needed by just playing or quit. I'm not spending that kind if money for gems, gold, jewels or bingo.

oaktreemanor
08-15-14, 11:12 AM
My game keeps shutting down every time I try to do the tell the neighbors part. Is any one else having a problem?

meme1098
08-15-14, 11:14 AM
I haven't gotten a brazier in several days either. Greselda must be hiding them in her Dark Garden somewhere. But I'm not going near that thing.

PurpleScorpion76
08-15-14, 11:20 AM
Is anyone else having problems getting the brazier to drop from the Pyre Tent? I used to get a flag and brazier-now I'm lucky to get one flag. I do get sunstones, but not as many as earlier levels. I am at Level six and it seems like weeks rather than days that I have been trying to collect for level 7. Forty flags did not seem too bad when I got at least one per collection but now it looks like I will have to buy Level 7. However I will not be buying Level 7 as after my credit card bill came, between the last two months Team Lava has made over $1000.00 from me playing their games. Now it is either do the goals by acquiring objects needed by just playing or quit. I'm not spending that kind if money for gems, gold, jewels or bingo.

The amount of stones drops from the tent increases per level sounds like you should contact TL. I need 10 braziers and 8 flags as long as I get one of each per day I will complete by the end of the event. I hadn't seen a brazier for 4 days but now had 2 in 2 days. Keeping fingers crossed.

I heard TL might help is all out towards the end, if we try hard I hope they will.

jaesha
08-15-14, 11:21 AM
I have to say I agree with 55lee55. This was a great idea and inclusion to the CS game as I enjoy them in DS, but with all the experience gained from DS and I believe there was one also in FS2, why wasn't this crafted a bit differently to make it more enjoyable for all of the players (regular players and power players alike)? It seems like the community participation numbers are low, and maybe partially because the community goals were too high? IDK. And, unlike DS where world events seem to allow for people that have FT jobs, family and RW life to play, the restrictions placed on this CS event to actually aquire the sunstones is limited. I'm sure the kinks will eventually be worked out, at least I hope so. My game play has been sourly disappointing as I love the general content of the game, it's premise and story lines. In my opinion, the total quantity of sunstones is too high for player and community prizes based on the drop rates. At least the totals don't seem to commensurate with the options that are available to acquire them. The prizes are also not significant enough to prompt people to play, especially higher levels. If DS had no dragons as prizes, no one would play, why should decorations be more valuable in CS? I didn't play FS2 world event to be able to compare prizes there, but I see here, that some players aren't playing at all or they have reached their particular goal or desired prize and have now stopped, so the community play and effort is basically abandoned. I'm only speaking from what I've read or seen with my own neighbors.

I'm a long time player but I'm not anywhere close to where some are with collecting these stones. I have 1222 and don't see myself getting close to the last prize. I've probably played way more than I actually had time for to get those. But again I ask, what does it matter taking extra time, if the prizes are just decorations and if my tent has no value after the event?

Speaking of the pyre tent. I've leveled it to 6, but may not reach level 7 by the deadline either. My tent is dropping minimal flags and averaging way less than 1 brazier a day. I still need 7 braziers and 27 flags in 10 days. If it's only dropping 1 brazier every 8 collections, I'm not gonna make it. I get 1 flag per collection, so that's likely not gonna happen either. If I can collect two times, I'm basically doing well, three times and I'm probably neglecting something important (like with work, right now). Is this really doable based on my drop rates? It doesn't seem so. I can't play this game every 5 minutes or even every hour on the hour, it's just not possible. Multiple sunstones should have been crafted with an hour craft time maybe instead of just 1 every 5 minutes. Who can do this? I commend those of you who can. But I'm fairly certain that many average players can't.

Like many quests/goals in this game, this has become more of a chore and not necessarily an enjoyable one. Trust me this isn't necessarily a bad thing if the pay off in the end is worth it. World Events can be hard to manage sometimes in DS, but the rewards make them worth the effort. Speaking of an unpleasant chore, should I bring up Sister Sister and a Little Persuation. TL has made it so hard to get dark seeds and glimmer shards that these tasks, for me, are probably impossible, but definitely excessively difficult and will take an inordinate amount if time to finish. I'm sure many like myself didn't get the heads up or understand that we shouldn't chop the log 3 times. I read the fortune and I didn't get that clue out of it at all. What was that? Why add in something clever like that, but then make it only available to the few that read what others figured out to their own detriment, in the forum, or if you were one of the lucky ones a neighbor told you. The drop rates on Shards, dark seeds and the flowers needed to complete the exchange really need to be increased. It was disappointing to see that rates were only just recently increased on some other items and people have been struggling with those for months, maybe some a year or more. Why does it take so long to address these types of issues. Plain seeds are dropped from everywhere it seems and I have excess, why not make more buildings drop dark seeds and glimmer items?

Many of my longtime neighbors, well over a year, have quit because they are so discouraged with this game. In truth, I have had one foot out the door myself and I'm sad to admit that as I genuinely still like this game. I used to love the game and it's still one of my favorites, but lately stuff just keeps rolling out that make me more discouraged and confused. I'd like to invest my time, money and effort in something that brings me great joy, not discouragement or disappointment.

Interesting story lines, events like this one, supporting neighbors with gifts and keeping small friendships alive, has definitely prompted me to stay in the game, but as some close friends are quitting, it's becoming hard to justify anymore. This game isn't a solo effort, you need interaction on some level (even minimal) with others to keep it interesting.

I'm really not trying to be a debbie downer because I like the fact that this event has been added to CS. I rarely complain about this game, and maybe the post will go ignored, but since others were doing so I felt like posting about my current playing experience, so there it is. :(

Overall I do applaud TL's effort with this world event feature. However taxing they may be, they are a creative effort that I like participating in.

55lee55
08-15-14, 11:24 AM
My game keeps shutting down every time I try to do the tell the neighbors part. Is any one else having a problem?

TL didn't really mean tell the neighbors, they meant tell the Community. One more waste of time and energy. Try telling the Community. See if that works better. Also may be time to shut down your device, clear it, and restart. That fixes a multiple of ills, not just games, and is a good idea to get used to doing just to keep your device working properly. Good luck.

Am I the only one who would rather get gems as usual, instead of useless stones, for completing quests while this event is going on? The stones don't do any good for those of us who have been playing enough to be maxed on things such as lanterns, and our inventories runneth over with useless junk.

jaesha
08-15-14, 11:25 AM

I can relate. I'm fearful of ever counting up how much money I've spent in S8/TL games for fear of going into cardiac arrest from the shock.:eek:

Liloze
08-15-14, 11:36 AM
The amount of stones drops from the tent increases per level sounds like you should contact TL. I need 10 braziers and 8 flags as long as I get one of each per day I will complete by the end of the event. I hadn't seen a brazier for 4 days but now had 2 in 2 days. Keeping fingers crossed.

I heard TL might help is all out towards the end, if we try hard I hope they will.

Honestly I do not care anymore if the pesky tent is level 7 or 0.
TL Know exactly what they are doing, many gem'ed to level up.
5 days no brasiers, I do not expect any less, with an invisible 33% that delivered 3 brasiers in 7 days!
So keep your fingers crossed :)
I am starting to get sick and tired of every event needing TL to fix it !
I have now 28 flags and 6 brasiers ( 3 of them I had when I reached level 6)
Reached the 4th personal prize and Lost the "Wisp Lanterns" because I am maxed out on those and totally expanded, ( I guess it is for lower level players, and I gladly give up those for them, but could they reach this prize?! Hope so )
I am just keeping one expansion to continue trading for expansion permits!

So yeah readched 2014 now and I will make it to 3000 but what for?!
I feel I wasted my energy, and to ice the cake, the pesky tent is a decoration!
Hopefully TL will FIX IT because this Tent needs fixing unlike the Icon! :rolleyes:

And let's not talk about Griselda's tent That is the cherry on top of the icing on the cake! Really TL Dark seeds and 10 glimmer trap plants ?!
Those same trap plants which basically rely on random drop as well !
why not 5 or none at all ?!
How are the lower levels to cope with this?!
What about those still stuck with Sister sister?

It is like TL giveth and TL taketh away, I will not even bother finishing this Griselda tent goal!

Rockylandia
08-15-14, 12:31 PM
Yes, Griselda's tent made me chuckle. If I had the ability to get glimmer trap plants I would have more than 13 inscriptions! But, obviously, I really don't.

55lee55
08-15-14, 01:17 PM
Do the stones take the place of other drops, TL?

If not, something is wrong with my six dragons, four normal, and two mithril. All that dropped when I just collected from them were sun stones and coins. I nearly always get one gem from the six, two mithril, and six dragon scales, plus coins and the occasional rare odd drop. Watched closely as I am maxed on most things, but this time, just stones plus coins. I am not playing the stone rip off! Give me my regular drops please. Is this event set to keep us from the gems we would normally get? Once again TL. Are you that greedy that you are using this silly event to replace the rare enough gems with useless stones?

Not at all happy with this TL.

Jennerwein1
08-15-14, 01:21 PM
55lee55, jaesha and Liloze: agree, agree and agree.
The only reason I am chopping rocks is because I need coal and silver. Made lvl 7 tent this morning, still does not look much better. That tent had potential!! Design-wise and function- wise. TL, what a wasted opportunity.:( Hire some ARTISTS, not cartoonists and come up with some worthwhile rewards.
I don't mind spending some $$ on gems, you guys should get paid for your efforts, but not for this. I pay only for what I get ( no donations!) and right now not getting anything worth $$. So my $$ stay where they are.
After the 3rd prize ( almost there) I will stop trying to get sun stones and work on other quests which will yield more "woohoo I got it" moments. The way it looks, the community event will flop, unless adjustments are made. So sad.

fantaloonastic
08-15-14, 02:32 PM
Ugh people, don't do this to me! I came here to get inspired again for this event!

Liloze
08-15-14, 02:38 PM
Ugh people, don't do this to me! I came here to get inspired again for this event!

Oooops sorry :( didn't mean to put a damper on anyone's motivation! Sorry!

Jennerwein1
08-15-14, 02:51 PM
So sorry, could use some motivation myself :( . I really like this game.

room27
08-15-14, 02:52 PM
Be inspired. I'm up to 1610! Chopping rocks when I have the energy, making extra stones when I have the materials, and trying to keep up.

Here's another take on a long-time player: I love this event! I keep running out of materials and have to scrounge around and wait for energy so I can chop rocks and make stones. For the longest time I've had stockpiles of just about everything (except those dang black plants, and seeds, and ugh!). When a new update comes in, at most in a day or two, done. With this event, I feel like I did when I first started playing CS... And although it has to be harder for newer players, I don't have excesses of stone-dropping critters. Most stones I get from critters in a day has been 20. I'm sorry for those who feel the decorations are worthless. Some of my friends think I'm crazy for playing this game and think the whole game is worthless, but I enjoy playing. I enjoy the challenges. Not having enough materials and working towards meeting a goal is the fun part of this game for me. Having the stuff stockpiled is satisfying, not fun.

tuskmage
08-15-14, 03:01 PM
Be inspired. I'm up to 1610! Chopping rocks when I have the energy, making extra stones when I have the materials, and trying to keep up.

Here's another take on a long-time player: I love this event! I keep running out of materials and have to scrounge around and wait for energy so I can chop rocks and make stones. For the longest time I've had stockpiles of just about everything (except those dang black plants, and seeds, and ugh!). When a new update comes in, at most in a day or two, done. With this event, I feel like I did when I first started playing CS... And although it has to be harder for newer players, I don't have excesses of stone-dropping critters. Most stones I get from critters in a day has been 20. I'm sorry for those who feel the decorations are worthless. Some of my friends think I'm crazy for playing this game and think the whole game is worthless, but I enjoy playing. I enjoy the challenges. Not having enough materials and working towards meeting a goal is the fun part of this game for me. Having the stuff stockpiled is satisfying, not fun.

Right on! ;) Stand up and applaud

maguar
08-15-14, 03:56 PM
Do the stones take the place of other drops, TL?

If not, something is wrong with my six dragons, four normal, and two mithril. All that dropped when I just collected from them were sun stones and coins. I nearly always get one gem from the six, two mithril, and six dragon scales, plus coins and the occasional rare odd drop. Watched closely as I am maxed on most things, but this time, just stones plus coins. I am not playing the stone rip off! Give me my regular drops please. Is this event set to keep us from the gems we would normally get? Once again TL. Are you that greedy that you are using this silly event to replace the rare enough gems with useless stones?

Not at all happy with this TL.

The sunstones are on top of the other drops from what I can see. While the event has been going on I've gotten normal drops like scales, energy, swords, armor, mithril etc.

maguar
08-15-14, 03:58 PM
For discussion on the icon please see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71440-The-new-icon-is-going-to-drive-away-male-players!)

jim23cash
08-15-14, 04:47 PM
I'm enjoying the event, and trying to keep my feedback constructive and positive. As I wrote in a previous post, the first community event in DS was a little chaotic, but once the community got together and traded tips and discussed things, it settled down and each event since then has had little tweaks or differences based on feedback from previous events. I think the passion for this game sometimes makes us respond a little more passionately then we should. The developers work hard on updates, and don't deserve to be treated badly because you don't like something. Use your passion for positive, Constructive feedback! Ask nicely. All this anger and bitterness is hard to deal with, even for me. I can't imagine how it must hurt the people who spend all their time working on things to make us happy. I think the developers for CS are the most responsive and attentive ones at TL. They actively read, respond, and change things based on posts by us. I don't see that often elsewhere. Lets all work together to find the things we might like, or might want changes made to, and communicate that in a way that isn't so negative. Lets try to keep our happy place happy! <3 Annie

dragon2046
08-15-14, 05:34 PM
I'm enjoying the event, and trying to keep my feedback constructive and positive. As I wrote in a previous post, the first community event in DS was a little chaotic, but once the community got together and traded tips and discussed things, it settled down and each event since then has had little tweaks or differences based on feedback from previous events. I think the passion for this game sometimes makes us respond a little more passionately then we should. The developers work hard on updates, and don't deserve to be treated badly because you don't like something. Use your passion for positive, Constructive feedback! Ask nicely. All this anger and bitterness is hard to deal with, even for me. I can't imagine how it must hurt the people who spend all their time working on things to make us happy. I think the developers for CS are the most responsive and attentive ones at TL. They actively read, respond, and change things based on posts by us. I don't see that often elsewhere. Lets all work together to find the things we might like, or might want changes made to, and communicate that in a way that isn't so negative. Lets try to keep our happy place happy! <3 Annie

Well said. :)

Blanche_Lady
08-15-14, 05:37 PM

Im having the same problem! At least almost always it recals i went to a neighbor

tuskmage
08-15-14, 06:12 PM
Im having the same problem! At least almost always it recals i went to a neighbor

Try not to visit high level player if you are playing your game on an older device. Your game crash because your older device doesn't have enough ram to handle all the games graphic. If your device is new forget what I just said.

fantaloonastic
08-15-14, 08:05 PM
I'm rocking 1895 sun stones, just ran out of steam really. Still need about 20 flags to upgrade my tent to level 7, it's a little disheartening to plan game time for so many days to squeeze in enough moments to collect from the tent. I love the event on it's own but feels like awful little reward for the time that goes into collecting!

dragoniakingdom
08-15-14, 09:20 PM

Be inspired!

While some on a personal basis may not like the tent (not a fan of neon pink myself:p),others may like it.

Let's work as a community & unlock those prizes...we have 10 days left..we can do it!

I am still on level 6 tent and have quite some work to do to upgrade to 7,but,despite the energy drain I am enjoying this event,inparticular the community aspect...let's show the other TL games that we here at CS are a dedicated lot.:rolleyes:

ReinierMamaWouter
08-16-14, 12:27 AM

Agreed!

idrispad
08-16-14, 12:51 AM
For me, the only real negative to this event is that the tent will be a decoration once the event is done. Well, that and the fact that it's sitting in a puddle of snot. And that The drop rate of braziers is ridiculously low.

I'm enjoying the rest of it.

dogvillager
08-16-14, 01:23 AM
I'm enjoying this event but I can't see how it will be possible to upgrade the tent to level 7. I've been on level 6 for 2 days now and have only received I flag and no braziers. I play regularly (far too much!) but still obviously have to get in with real life, eat and sleep too. The requirements are set just too high!

silveryedges
08-16-14, 03:00 AM
I am very positive about this event. It is designed for 18 days and it should take that long to achieve everything. Where would the challenge be if we had everything on day ten already?

Of course, I would love my tent to be at level 7 to give more sunstones but part of the fun is to actually get there. Even my tiny little nothing of a second account with almost no supplies has archived access to the community goals already. So it is an event for everyone. Thank you TL. With my main account I will get to the last prize at some point. Which is very nice.

Unfortunately it lies in the nature of humans and forums that negativity is so much easier to express and much more outspoken than the silent happy and content part of the community. Jump on me now but that is the way I feel. I did not even come on here yesterday because I could not bear the negativity spoiling the game for me. As mentioned above, just imagine how the good people of TL must feel who put so much energy and love into their work.

So I want to say a big heart felt thank you to everyone involved on TL's side. I love the game, the event and the design - both classic old and pop arty new. Thank you!

And to all co-players - enjoy the ride!

silveryedges
08-16-14, 05:13 AM
I have been playing from the beginning as well. I have been paying for a fair amount of gems with real money too because I believe a game that nobody pays for won't be on the market for long.

My positive thoughts on the matter are not uncritical support. I do like the game where it is at the moment. Both on the goals and the arty side of things. I am sorry for those who think otherwise and feel disappointed. But please take into consideration that others might feel differently when asking for changes. We all can speak for ourselves only.

Fact is everything in life moves on and changes. I for myself enjoy and embrace change. And I believe the quality of CS has actually increased especially with the addition of the new modern arts department if I may refer to the Rembrandt and Picasso reference in the post above.

Btw is there someone out there who has reached and received the last individual prize yet and would let us know how much space that fire faerie statue needs? Thank you!

supersecretawesome
08-16-14, 05:41 AM
So I thought I would briefly add my two cents on the whole brazier/flag drop-rate thing. I seem to be one of the lucky few with a decent brazier rate, I'm on 7 out of 10 so that should be finished by the time the event it over. I've read that some people get multiple flag drops at higher levels of the tent but I haven't experienced that, I only get one flag per drop and I'm on 18 at the moment so there's a slim chance that I will complete that by the time the event is over. The number of gems needed to complete levelling up the pyre tent does seem a bit ridiculous.

It does seem strange that comparing the pyre tent to the gazebo, trying to complete the gazebo had more variety (i.e. not just collecting flags and braziers but performing multiple different tasks), was easier to complete and when the event finishes the gazebo continues to be useful instead of just a decoration. Considering that, in my opinion, levelling up the pyre tent is more difficult we do not seem to be rewarded for our efforts considering it ends up as nothing more than a decoration.

tigarlilyvol
08-16-14, 06:21 AM
I crafted 10 more parchment papers with old Thomas poetry pushing, now if he ever writes to Agnes he will have something to write on.

katbtodd
08-16-14, 06:57 AM
Almost,to the last prize,,, and 5 more brazier and I can level,up to 7 ,,,I have my 40 flags,, and with that said... Those that are not happy with the game... May be should not be playing it

roguebee
08-16-14, 07:26 AM
Does the tent keep dropping flags after reaching Level 7? Or when I finally get there, should I wait an extra 4 hours (not that 4 hours make much of a difference after waiting 11 days to finish it). I have my 11th brazier in storage now.

katbtodd
08-16-14, 07:29 AM
Does the tent keep dropping flags after reaching Level 7? Or when I finally get there, should I wait an extra 4 hours (not that 4 hours make much of a difference after waiting 11 days to finish it). I have my 11th brazier in storage now.

I believe it does ,, I read where some body at level 7 was max on flags and brazier

HistoryGirl7
08-16-14, 09:02 AM
I really hope we can all meet the community goals! Up to 1800 or so myself.

room27
08-16-14, 09:25 AM
1750 stones. 28 flags. 8 braziers. I seem to get a flag every collection. It's the braziers that are random. Is that right?

One thing about the prizes... after you've been playing for a while, do others get used to missing out because they're maxed on an item like me? With 100 lanterns in inventory, I miss them once in a while from an adventure or a mine collection. I don't get worked up about the little black flag that tells me I'm maxed out then. What should I do? Stop going on adventures? Stop collecting from the mines? It's part of having played and collected. Ok, so you can't use the lanterns. Can you use the energy? Can you use the gems? At this point, what's one more lantern? There are no expansions to use them on, so what does it matter? When expansions do come out again, I can use all the ones I've got stashed away, and have FUN making more.

Over time, TL has been really good about listening to this forum (except for the part about gem traps). We must continue IMO to espress our likes and dislikes. That is how TL knows which directions will keep their customers happy. It's so great when someone expresses their opinion and does it in a humorous way. We all laugh and agree. It's just that I think we're all here because deep down we all love the game. I vote for critiquing kindly and/or with a sense of humor, and cheering each other on.

zenobia42
08-16-14, 11:19 AM
1750 stones. 28 flags. 8 braziers. I seem to get a flag every collection. It's the braziers that are random. Is that right?

One thing about the prizes... after you've been playing for a while, do others get used to missing out because they're maxed on an item like me? With 100 lanterns in inventory, I miss them once in a while from an adventure or a mine collection. I don't get worked up about the little black flag that tells me I'm maxed out then. What should I do? Stop going on adventures? Stop collecting from the mines? It's part of having played and collected. Ok, so you can't use the lanterns. Can you use the energy? Can you use the gems? At this point, what's one more lantern? There are no expansions to use them on, so what does it matter? When expansions do come out again, I can use all the ones I've got stashed away, and have FUN making more.

Yes - I get a flag and 18 stones (I think 18) every pyre tent collection, but braziers only occasionally. I have collected from my pyre tent religiously - 4 times a day, every day. But the braziers that were falling seem to have dried up. I haven't gotten even ONE in the last 48 hours. I had thought previously I'd finish the pyre tent level 7 no problem. Now I have grave concerns. I have 34 flags and only 5 braziers. If the drop rate I have had the last 48 hours (which is 0 -for-8) continues... Even if I were to set my alarm and collect every 4 hours on the dot, waking up when necessary to do so, that is 54 more collections. I need my 0-for-8 to improve to about 1-for-10. If I keep up my 4 collections per day, I only have 36 more collects, and need a 1-for-7.2. That sounded MUCH more plausible when I was getting 1-2 braziers per day. Now I seriously question it.

robino23
08-16-14, 12:34 PM
I have played this game since the beginning. I have every building and decoration TL has offered in this game (most in storage). But here lately, the quality of the game us old timers are used to has gone down. We went 6 MONTHS without a single goal and we stuck with it. I feel we are now being punished for our passion of this game.

I cringe at the thought of how much money I have spent on this game. But I hate to break it to you, that's who TL cares about. Not the ones who don't spend a cent.

It may seem we are a bunch if whiny people complaining about the slime and logo. We have put our time in and have been faithful to this game. Obviously we still love it or we wouldn't still be here.

A building that will drop NOTHING after this event is just wrong!

BriarAvenue
08-16-14, 12:39 PM
room27, it would have been nice if there is a trading post as in Farm Story allowing us to trade items, right?
If that were available, then Zenobia42 and I would have been mission accomplished long ago!

dw9893
08-16-14, 12:51 PM
I gotta admit.. I hit the 3200 prize and am pretty disappointed. a decoration for all the hard work?... at least we coulda used something that was more permanent and gave us something every X hours.. not another freaking useless decoration.

TL blew this one.

Liloze
08-16-14, 01:49 PM
2265 stones and counting :) I got one braziers yesterday before crawling into my bed at 1:30 in the morning lol just waiting for the tent collection :p and one just now! ( with the 18 stones / 1 flag ) This picks up my counter to 8 brasiers, 33 flags. If this good luck streak continues then I have a chane at level 7 before the festival ends, if not ...oh well...I tried! lol.

Alright, so while waiting for the tent yesterday I was thinking that we were all being upset about the tent not giving anything,me being one of them, then a thought hit me!

We all forgot that after this Pyre Festival there's The CS 2 year Anniversary :D
May CS prosper and continue for years to come...

So What if TL is keeping a good wonderful splendid surprise for all of us, passionate CS players ?!
What If TL is preparing a very nice "building" which gives RARE materials like Glimmer shards/ fragments, and/or Adamant, Golden apples etc...as a momento of this Anniversary ?! :D

I know we were all excited about this event, and then felt deflated somehow because the tent won't give anything, and the rewards were just decorations, but now thinking about it, and me being one of the whiners :p lol I am sure there is a very good reason for this.

I do hope my nocturnal intuition is right, and I wasn't dreaming of CS like I am doing as of late lol. ;)

So let's wrap up this Pyre Festival event, work to finish it, get the Prizes and see what TL has in store for us. ;)
Happy Anniversary to TL, to the best game ever CS, and to all of you wonderful players may we celebrate in fun and plenty of nice surprises :)

PS. I still don't like the tent in the green slime though :p lol

sweetthing1
08-16-14, 01:56 PM
Wish this had a like button:).......
I am very positive about this event. It is designed for 18 days and it should take that long to achieve everything. Where would the challenge be if we had everything on day ten already?

Of course, I would love my tent to be at level 7 to give more sunstones but part of the fun is to actually get there. Even my tiny little nothing of a second account with almost no supplies has archived access to the community goals already. So it is an event for everyone. Thank you TL. With my main account I will get to the last prize at some point. Which is very nice.

Unfortunately it lies in the nature of humans and forums that negativity is so much easier to express and much more outspoken than the silent happy and content part of the community. Jump on me now but that is the way I feel. I did not even come on here yesterday because I could not bear the negativity spoiling the game for me. As mentioned above, just imagine how the good people of TL must feel who put so much energy and love into their work.

So I want to say a big heart felt thank you to everyone involved on TL's side. I love the game, the event and the design - both classic old and pop arty new. Thank you!

And to all co-players - enjoy the ride!

room27
08-16-14, 02:57 PM
Zenobia - what happened to you and the gems is just wrong. I'm truly sorry. Can't and won't defend TL there. It's just wrong.

BriarAvenue, yes! That would be great. I got lots of needed parts and sold lots of needed parts trading. Someone brought that up a while ago, too. Wouldn't it be great if we could trade items and gift gems? Game designs are different, I guess.

I'm off to chop more rocks! Have fun!

badbunny42
08-16-14, 03:17 PM
I always thought this game WAS aimed at 8-12-year old girls. I was surprised how many older people (like me) played! So I have no issues with the logo, tent, only decorations as rewards, etc. It's just silly fun...and cute to look at. I like it, but it is a simple game.

Plus, I'm willing to bet money troll snot would be gray. Ha ha.r

marrrina
08-16-14, 04:19 PM
I'm starting to be convinced I won't have a fully upgraded tent in the 9 days left on the goal

Queenzod
08-16-14, 05:41 PM
Jeez, what's with the diatribes. Play or don't, pay or don't. :/

55lee55
08-16-14, 06:06 PM
Zenobia - what happened to you and the gems is just wrong. I'm truly sorry. Can't and won't defend TL there. It's just wrong.

See, this is exactly what I mean. TL used to be responsive, and the game was fun.

They have changed. I used to be right behind them in everything, but they have had a big change and they don't care.

There is no excuse for what they did to you Zenobia! And they can claim what they want. I used to swear they didn't mess with drops. I used to believe they righted all wrongs. They did, but not anymore. They have with these stones and the tent. Everyone is not blind, TL.

leecoholic
08-16-14, 07:06 PM
Visit my kingdom, you'll find more encouragement ;)

Jennerwein1
08-16-14, 08:12 PM
See, this is exactly what I mean. TL used to be responsive, and the game was fun.

They have changed. I used to be right behind them in everything, but they have had a big change and they don't care.

There is no excuse for what they did to you Zenobia! And they can claim what they want. I used to swear they didn't mess with drops. I used to believe they righted all wrongs. They did, but not anymore. They have with these stones and the tent. Everyone is not blind, TL.

I have seen other games I used to play and love, change, too. Their emphasis shifted from gaming to mainly money making. They lost their balance and a large number of players. Hope this is not the direction this is going. Hate to loose another good game. :( .
IMO it is understandable that folks who have invested a significant amount of money want to voice their displeasure in the hope TL is listening.
On the other hand those who play the game for free probably have a different opinion ( the whole gift horse thing). Understandable,too.
I am still enjoying this event, mainly because with chopping all those rocks, I get tons of coal,silver and jewels. And four golden fleeces from the mines. My tent has been lvl 7 since this morning, and maybe I'll get prize 4, maybe not. It will be ok either way, there is plenty more for me to do. And it will all be free depending on what the future holds. :)
Oh, and I just hatched a little dragon, yay !!!

55lee55
08-16-14, 10:20 PM
Sorry, accidentally posted twice.

Great again on that new Dragon!

Jennerwein1
08-16-14, 10:49 PM
55lee55: Thanx! And I will decorate with walkways as soon as I have enough room. Got plenty of earth whisps now, I hope the next quest won't use them all up, :)

silveryedges
08-17-14, 01:23 AM
On a positive note - a few days back I had no braziers. Zero. And within the last two and a half days their number went up to what is needed to upgrade the tent to level 7. Now all I need are 16 more flags. Lol.

I just wanted to share - the next brazier might just be around the corner. Don't lose hope, it will happen.

[...] So What if TL is keeping a good wonderful splendid surprise for all of us, passionate CS players ?!
What If TL is preparing a very nice "building" which gives RARE materials like Glimmer shards/ fragments, and/or Adamant, Golden apples etc...as a momento of this Anniversary ?! :D [...]

What a brilliant idea. I absolutely love this.

Peace :)

dragoniakingdom
08-17-14, 01:35 AM
9 more flags needed to upgrade to level 7. Was quite surprised to get brazier drops from the tent today & finish that part.:D.

AVAL0NIAN
08-17-14, 02:11 AM
Just realize that the 5th prize is now at 3200 stones. Better get there before it changes again.

perry5
08-17-14, 05:13 AM
I gotta admit.. I hit the 3200 prize and am pretty disappointed. a decoration for all the hard work?... at least we coulda used something that was more permanent and gave us something every X hours.. not another freaking useless decoration.

TL blew this one.
Congrats on 3200! I just hit 2000. Lev 50 player and proud owner of a **Loveshack**. Decorations as prizes...some will like, others not (personally, I like rewards that do something). But for 2000 sunstones as a level 50 player: 5 gems, 20 energy, some lantern (was maxed on those anyway, so don't even know how many!) and some coin (have 3.5 million so whatever)...REALLY?!? I feel the players deserve better than that. In addition, collected my once per 7 days Alis today and received 1-2 sunstones from each! That is too low. Add to that, my game seems to freeze now every other time I visit a neighbor and collections are still dicey...I'm sorry, but I am not impressed. And for those of you who think we are whining, all here are entitled to share an opinion...positive OR negative ...this a forum to provide discussion and feedback...without constructive feedback, how does the game improve? And the reality is that many (I said many, NOT all) of us long time players do not feel that the current updates are equal to the prior standards of the game. For many of us, this new CS world is a letdown. And we are losing longtime and loyal neighbors over it! That is both sad and unfortunate.

perry5
08-17-14, 05:16 AM
Remember that it's the paying gamers that keep you able to play for free... Without them, TL would soon be forced to stop and all of us would be looking for other games.

So especially paying costomers, far more than free players, have rights to complain, and we, (almost) free players, should be gratefull to paying costomers for making this game free to play.

Well said!

larisata
08-17-14, 05:27 AM
I am very disappointed with a community event that has failed to ignite a community spirit. I have decorated my kingdom with neon decorations in order to create a festive atmosphere (although they will go straight into storage at the end of the event). I am at level 50 and I would have worked harder to accumulate sunstones, not for the individual prizes but for the community prizes if those prizes were of a nature to help lower level players. Instead, the more useful rewards, the gems, glimmer lanterns and energy, are going to higher level players who are complaining that they don't need them rather than to those who really do need them. And now it seems the 'community' event has fractured the forum community. Sad, particularly as it is only a game.

leecoholic
08-17-14, 06:18 AM
No Pain No Gain ;) decorations make your kingdom looks good. Any idea to rearrange your buildings, ranch, etc to make it better instead complaining all your hardworks payout but not even care how your kingdom looks like? Take a break, overall it's just a game for fun:)

katbtodd
08-17-14, 06:30 AM
No Pain No Gain ;) decorations make your kingdom looks good. Any idea to rearrange your buildings, ranch, etc to make it better instead complaining all your hardworks payout but not even care how your kingdom looks like? Take a break, overall it's just a game for fun:)

Wonderful point ,,,

katbtodd
08-17-14, 06:31 AM
And for you long term players out there,,, remember last summer we didn't even get a up date.... TL has been good to us this summer,,, thanks TL

jptheripper
08-17-14, 06:39 AM
my summer? 96 magic cement. 3 to go, then i started on building up the components. Ornate blocks done (99), beams at 77. Enchanted blocks and beams done (99 each).

almost done with spicy feasts also, and then i will switch the sweet feasts

katbtodd
08-17-14, 06:54 AM
my summer? 96 magic cement. 3 to go, then i started on building up the components. Ornate blocks done (99), beams at 77. Enchanted blocks and beams done (99 each).

:rolleyes::) wonderful,,,, me I been working on gold pots and black pots,,,

PurpleScorpion76
08-17-14, 06:59 AM

I'm slowly working towards maxing in these sort of items. Updates like these have enabled me to increase my stock I'm on around 80 fancy blocks with all this rock cropping!

PurpleScorpion76
08-17-14, 07:00 AM
Oh and hot and spicy sauce is increasing with all the Skunkupines and Pepe dropping rats tails :)

Jennerwein1
08-17-14, 07:01 AM

I have been making lots of earth whisps to use up coal, swords and armor to use up silver, and all sorts of blocks (still loosing stones, because storage is full). And lots of coins. Tent lvl 7. Made a dragon,too. Finished several quests. Got gems through playing other games. So I think, for me, the summer has been productive,too. Trying to get ready for the next challenge.:)

room27
08-17-14, 08:10 AM
Wow! You've all been working hard. I worked to get sister, sister done and lots of egg and dairy trades at the exchange - in part because of all the neat items that help with getting ready for adventures, and in part for the trade tickets. Now I can start saving trade tickets and eventually expansion permits. Hopefully, we'll get expansions soon.

This could be a whole new thread - how did you spend your summer CS time? :)

zenobia42
08-17-14, 08:50 AM
On a positive note - a few days back I had no braziers. Zero. And within the last two and a half days their number went up to what is needed to upgrade the tent to level 7. Now all I need are 16 more flags. Lol.

I just wanted to share - the next brazier might just be around the corner. Don't lose hope, it will happen.

What a brilliant idea. I absolutely love this.

Peace :)
Congrats! I got two since going 0-for-8 the last couple days! :D Only 3 more to go, and 8 days. I am very optimistic again!

Just realize that the 5th prize is now at 3200 stones. Better get there before it changes again.
****! I was getting enough stones per day on average to get 3000 by the last day. Now I may not make it since they changed the rules in the middle of the game. :/

[removed (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum) support discussion ]

belbar22
08-17-14, 09:02 AM
Still not getting any braziers. Have had 2 in the last 5 days.

PurpleScorpion76
08-17-14, 09:41 AM

I can't believe TL changed the rules halfway through the game?!?

crystalrayn3
08-17-14, 09:54 AM
Earning Sunstones is truly a tough challenge but I must say this Contest has renewed my interest in CS. Thanks TL for adding excitement to such a visually enchanting game! Even if I don't gain the final prize I'm still plugging away & working to add my efforts to the Community goal.

In response to those fueled by negativity, there's a simple solution. If you are dissatisfied with the game then stop playing it. Go your own way & leave the fun to those of us enjoying an entertaining break from life's stresses.

dw9893
08-17-14, 09:56 AM
Amen to all that! - Im level 40 and dont feel the need to continue playing, the game is very unbalanced right now when it comes to the value of the rewards versus the time we have to invest.. and for some players even the money they choose to invest.. I'd probably be more irked in that case.

vontalken
08-17-14, 10:11 AM
Stone harvesting idea.

I get bored tapping rocks. So I thought about something else I could do to get stones. I decided to go hunting.
I knew I wanted to only hunt skunkupines. Easy to ****, normally energy neutral, and same stone drops as boars.
I also wanted something beneficial to me besides stones. So I picked wheat and sugarcane as my crops. My kitchens now just process those two. I balance the cane and wheat with my energy I think will be available. And process cane when I have time, wheat when I have less time. And make hot sauce when I sleep or have a meeting.

So on average I would say I get 1 stone every 8-9 energy. Plus wheat, cane, and rat tail stock.
Skunkupines spawns every 25 on average harvest. If you have I think..the second shard? This takes about 18 energy. (18 / 3 =6 /3=2 /3=.6 so 18 will get you a little over 26 actions harvesting) you get on average 2 stones. 18/2= 9 energy per stone. ... Table napkin math

Zummat
08-17-14, 11:09 AM
I have 2,497 stones and my tent needs only 9 more flags to upgrade to level 7. Everyone seems to think the drops should come in an instant. Just sit back, relax, and you'll get everything you need for the tent. There's nine more days to the end. The only thing I'm doing differently from before the event started is I'm crafting the stones and buying the rock outcroppings and iron rich rocks. I am also crafting jewels as needed. I don't know why this event has gotten so many people in an uproar. I haven't spent one jewel during this event and have not bought any in months. It's just a game people.

katbtodd
08-17-14, 11:16 AM
I have 2,497 stones and my tent needs only 9 more flags to upgrade to level 7. Everyone seems to think the drops should come in an instant. Just sit back, relax, and you'll get everything you need for the tent. There's nine more days to the end. The only thing I'm doing differently from before the event started is I'm crafting the stones and buying the rock outcroppings and iron rich rocks. I am also crafting jewels as needed. I don't know why this event has gotten so many people in an uproar. I haven't spent one jewel during this event and have not bought any in months. It's just a game people.

All I need is one more brazier for the tent,,,,...got,over 3200 sun stones recieved all my rewards,,, by just playing the game,, you right it's just a game,,and I don't understand all this negativity either ,,,

Liloze
08-17-14, 11:35 AM
I will not comment on the previous (3 pages) posts, I think it is time to stick to this thread's subject.

2431 sun stones until now, but my 5 manticores' drop rate dwindled from 5 to 2 or 3, however it is better than nothing :)
Got my 9th brasier this morning :D
Waiting for tent (2 minutes left ) to collect while am posting here :)
Ok no brasier this time but I am at 37 flags :D
With 8 days left I am sure the last brasier will drop ( crossing both hands' fingers, and both legs' toes lol )
Good luck everyone :)

katbtodd
08-17-14, 11:38 AM
I will not comment on the previous posts, I think it is time to stick to this thread's subject.

2431 sun stones until now, but my 5 manticores' drop rate dwindled from 5 to 2 or 3, however it is better than nothing :)
Got my 9th brasier this morning :D
Waiting for tent (2 minutes left ) to collect while am posting here :)
Ok no brasier this time but I am at 37 flags :D
With 8 days left I am sure the last brasier will drop ( crossing both hands' fingers, and both legs' toes lol )
Good luck everyone :)

Good,luck,,, mine will be in ,,in about 50 mins... I have 46 flags,, and 9 braziers,, if not this time next,, thinking soon I should be getting it

Liloze
08-17-14, 11:43 AM
Good,luck,,, mine will be in ,,in about 50 mins... I have 46 flags,, and 9 braziers,, if not this time next,, thinking soon I should be getting it

Good luck to you as well, hopefully in 50 minutes you will your last brasier :)

katbtodd
08-17-14, 11:47 AM
Good luck to you as well, hopefully in 50 minutes you will your last brasier :)

Thank you... Time will tell,,,

katbtodd
08-17-14, 11:59 AM
Good words,,,

tyram2012
08-17-14, 12:31 PM
Playing daily since 2012. Level 50. I also pay for gems. Have completed all quests, have all buildings, 6 manty, 6 Ali, 2200 sun stones. Need 8 braziers. For me forum is part of the game. PLEASE keep opinions coming whether positive or negative. I love the complaining and rebuttals. I agree with some, all or none. For me part of the fun is the passion people have for this game. Keep it on! This is what a community is, diversity in opinions but one common goal.

maymeeeow
08-17-14, 12:34 PM
I think this is a fun event! Not too stressful (don't get me wrong, I do like the final prize, but I won't be too sad if I don't get it) but plenty to do! I have all the braziers but I'm still missing 16 flags. I'm quite sure I'm going to get them in time. For now I have 1852 sunstones, again, I'm almost positive I'm going to get enough of them before the time runs out :p

Brigadere_General
08-17-14, 01:25 PM
Still not getting any braziers. Have had 2 in the last 5 days.

Yup - me too. I fact, I got a brazier and then my game synch'd - so I had to click the tent again, and the drop changed: no brazier. This has been a few times in this quest.

Brigadere_General
08-17-14, 01:32 PM
I'm slowly working towards maxing in these sort of items. Updates like these have enabled me to increase my stock I'm on around 80 fancy blocks with all this rock cropping!

I am a hoarder of materials - really am, but with this quest, I'm focussing on little else but the stones... And seem to still not collect much. So, in the spirit of intermittent (quest oriented OCD), I hope to get back on the straight of supply hoarding and development again. Stock hasn't gone up since making stones, and no coal and stuff to make gems and other supplies.

One day... :)

Squidlish
08-17-14, 01:33 PM
I too am enjoying this event. Not too stressful, and I like the go-team-go aspect of the community working together for the prize.
I know everyone is stressing about drop rates but for me everything have been fine. Braziers were a bit slow at first, but
I currently have 12 braziers in stock - and I'm just 4 flags shy of fully completing my Sun Tent to level 7.
so... woohoo! I am also about 2 hours away from getting the 4th prize.

In the midst of all this I've also been plugging away at the Sigh Sister quest... Ooops - i mean Sinister Sister... OOPS! I mean sister-sister... LOL
And actually - i think this event has helped on that front!
When the little Griselda quest update came on Thursday asking for 10 glimmertrap plants, I thought hmmm... Maybe this means I will start getting more of the OTHER plants (since that is always the perception with drops -- as soon as you NEED something it seems you get it less, just because you are suddenly paying attention to it!)
Sure enough - YES! I now have 14 pitcher-plants in stock -- those have been the most challenging for me for Sister-Sister. I now only need 5 more inscriptions and I will be DONE! This should happen in the next few weeks. So... YAY! Thank you Pyre festival - even if it is just a matter of perception.

Happy Sun-Stone Searching everyone! :D