PDA

View Full Version : Grand Farms

zenobia42
08-07-14, 09:40 AM
Did I just never notice them before or are they new? I think I just unlocked them by reaching level 19 but never noticed them in the buildings menu but locked before now.

Anyway, does anyone have one? If so, can you please list the new food you can get with them - price / food / time... or a screenshot? (whichever is easier)

They cost 100,000 and are 4x4. Even the Big Farms IMO take up way too much space considering that it is only possible to have 24 4x4 squares in the game, and requires not just a ton of coins but also a ton of runes to get that many. BUT... if they allow you to make a lot of food, much more quickly, I'd consider upgrading one or two.

Edit to add:
In addition to what Big Farms produce, Grand Farms produce two more products:
Charm Cherries - 300 food in only 1 hour, but costs 26,000 coins.
nexus Nuts - 800 food in only 5 hours, but costs 75,000 coins.

MFAcct
08-07-14, 10:06 AM
I am assuming that the pricing will be the same as dragon story, which I believe is 8,000 10 minutes for 100 food, 26,000 1 hour for 300 food, and 75,000 and 5 Hours for 800 food.

zenobia42
08-07-14, 10:15 AM
I am assuming that the pricing will be the same as dragon story, which I believe is 8,000 10 minutes for 100 food, 26,000 1 hour for 300 food, and 75,000 and 5 Hours for 800 food.

I don't play Dragon Story. Are the small and big farm products in that game roughly the same numbers as those in this game? If so, then, yes, it would make sense that the grand farm numbers are as well, yes.

SANDSCApe
08-07-14, 11:21 AM
Hours
Apples
Costs
Cost per Apple
Apples per Hour

Rune Prune 20 700 13000 18.6 35

Mystic Mango 8 325 4000 12.3 40.6

Spell Melon 5 225 3200 14.2 45

Mana Banana 1 50 650 13 50

Nexus Nuts 5 800 75000 93.75 160

Charm Cherries 1 300 26000 86.67 300

Power Pear 0.05 20 120 6 400

Aura Apples 0.008 6 30 5 720

Hansmolln posted this last week. The crops from Grand Farm are a premium commodity. It corresponds to the Enchanted Farm for those who play Dragon Story. The food amounts, times and prices for the 3 farm levels are exactly the same in both games (except for a slightly different price in one crop).
Go Grand when you have extra space for the 4x4 buildings, a great abundance of coins, and a willingness to cough it up for for fast food in bulk quantities.

zenobia42
08-07-14, 11:55 AM
Thanks, SANDSCApe and hansmolln. Those numbers are a bit disappointing. Don't think I'll be buying a Grand Farm soon. The Charm Cherries are a LOT more food per hour than the Mana Banana... but I don't often do 1 hour food. Either I'm online making power pears, or I'm offline for long enough I'll make the 8-hour. And the prices are SO steep. Ah well. Someday maybe I'll have tons of space and upgrade them in case I want those 2 extra food making options. But right now they are NOT worth taking up an extra seven squares. Space it at even more of a premium than food I guess I'm saying!

hansmolln
08-08-14, 09:11 AM
I bought the grand farm out of curiosity. I have rarely used it and wouldn't buy it again, the value that the new fruits offer really isn't that great unless you have coins to burn. Maybe later if I ever get a unicorn and am not currently saving up for a habitat... but I don't see that happening any time soon. ;)

SANDSCApe
08-13-14, 01:02 PM
I bought a Grand Farm today, after selling off some creatures and big habitats to move stuff around and build small habitats instead. (Go figure.)
I was delighted that the build time was only 2 hours and that I could speed it with just 1 gem.
But I was looking forward to 10-minute crops like the Enchanted Farms of Dragon Story. I thought all the crops were the same in both games. Same quantities for same prices and same times. I didn't realize we were missing a crop. And THAT's the crop I most wanted because the small and big farms are not getting the job done for me. Millions of coins but never enough food; I REALLY need fast bulk crops.
Maybe I should build a second Grand?

hansmolln
08-13-14, 02:01 PM

I still think that the grand farms are not really worth the money but when you havetoomany coins, not much that youwant to buy and need food they are good to have around. I have 3 grand farms right now and am converting all the coins that I earn into food. 100k is not so much anymore and I can just sell a farm and downgrade when I need the space. For a while, I even got rid of the evolution flower and put a farm there instead.

zenobia42
08-13-14, 02:02 PM
I bought a Grand Farm today, after selling off some creatures and big habitats to move stuff around and build small habitats instead. (Go figure.)
I was delighted that the build time was only 2 hours and that I could speed it with just 1 gem.
But I was looking forward to 10-minute crops like the Enchanted Farms of Dragon Story. I thought all the crops were the same in both games. Same quantities for same prices and same times. I didn't realize we were missing a crop. And THAT's the crop I most wanted because the small and big farms are not getting the job done for me. Millions of coins but never enough food; I REALLY need fast bulk crops.

I upgraded one a couple days ago and I really like the Charm Cherries. 300 food per hour is the equivalent of 15 power pears an hour but a LOT less tapping and not having to log in every few minutes. If they ever do allow us to expand our territories further, I think I will eventually upgrade at least one more and possibly all my farms to Grand Farms.

ETA: GREAT idea, hansmolln, about temporarily ditching the evolution flower! I still have 11 animals I have not managed to breed (despite having played enough to level to 24... 25 by the end of the day). So I need my flower.

cquinn32
08-13-14, 03:13 PM

I am also disappointed that there isn't 10 minute crops

SANDSCApe
08-14-14, 01:17 AM
Yup. I built the 2nd Grand. I did a few 1hr cherry crops then set the 5hr prunes at bedtime. Insane costs aside, I'm very pleased with the way food production has picked up.
My other farms are 2 small and 2 Big, so I still have the 3min pears for quick play or 8hr mangos for overnight or busy days.
I wish I could temporarily retire my Flower, but I only have 24/38 forest species. I still evolve 2-3 creatures daily, including duplicates. Money machine -- I put everybody to work. LOL

Anyuszko
08-14-14, 02:03 AM
There is one more thing that grand farms are good in: if you need experience, the most expensive fruits bring you a lot, if I remember well, the charm cherries are 260 xp.

infinitelove19
09-19-14, 04:54 PM
Could one of the mods please update the Game Guide with the cost of the grand farm?

I looked there, but all it says is it is available at level 19 & since it is a closed thread, I thought this would be a good place to post since the first post here has the info. The game guide is also missing a LOT of eggs, after this last week. ;-)
My first grand farm will appear soon. Just have to earn 100,000 coins first. ;-)

zenobia42
09-19-14, 06:22 PM
infinitelove, the grand farm is GREAT when you have a lot of money lying around and want to translate that to a lot of food. I made the hourly charm cherries VERY often... until the new expansions opened up and turned out to be plus or minus 2,000,000 coins each to expand and clear obstacles. Now I am always either nearly out of money, or saving up 250,000 to clear one stupid yet appropriately named Fail Shale. I can't afford the cherries and nuts any more. :(

infinitelove19
09-19-14, 07:27 PM
infinitelove, the grand farm is GREAT when you have a lot of money lying around and want to translate that to a lot of food. I made the hourly charm cherries VERY often... until the new expansions opened up and turned out to be plus or minus 2,000,000 coins each to expand and clear obstacles. Now I am always either nearly out of money, or saving up 250,000 to clear one stupid yet appropriately named Fail Shale. I can't afford the cherries and nuts any more. :(

Indeed. I am just getting so sick of making 3-minute pears. Even if I can only afford the 5/8 hour cheaper foods, I just want the option! (I currently only have small farms) Having enough money & choosing what to spend it on is another part of this game. I am still on 1,000,000 coin expansions, but have minimal coins as it is. It took 1.2 million to clear the last place I expanded to, which really is too much, imo.

EviBrooklyn
11-19-14, 07:23 AM

Kooky, is there anyway we can ask TL to add the upgrapes -(10 minutes - 8000 gold-100 apples )same as in DS here in Fantasy Forest?
Can you ask on our behalf or should we do it, and if the latter, where do we ask?
Please let us know
Thanks

cquinn32
11-19-14, 10:38 AM
I also wish we had a 10 min crop like in DS, but I doubt we will ever get it just like everything else we ask for!!

kooky panda
11-19-14, 11:15 AM
Kooky, is there anyway we can ask TL to add the upgrapes -(10 minutes - 8000 gold-100 apples )same as in DS here in Fantasy Forest?
Can you ask on our behalf or should we do it, and if the latter, where do we ask?
Please me is know
Thanks
I will pass this suggestion over.:)

zenobia42
11-21-14, 02:03 PM
Please me is know
Thanks
Oooooh that would be AWESOME!

EviBrooklyn
11-21-14, 02:07 PM
" please me is know"?????? Dear god, I meant to say " please let us know"... What was wrong with me?
Anyway, thanks Kooky, let us know if you get a response.

zenobia42
11-21-14, 02:08 PM
" please me is know"?????? Dear god, I meant to say " please let us know"... What was wrong with me?
Anyway, thanks Kooky, let us know if you get a response.

Just blame auto-correct. ;)

EviBrooklyn
11-21-14, 02:14 PM
Just blame auto-correct. ;)

I do think is my new iPhone 6 bc it has done it a few times. My iPhone 4 did a better job with the autocorrect.

saucysammis
11-30-14, 12:47 PM
Black Friday Sale:
Grand habitats on sale. 150 gems.

4 creatures.

Coin capacities:
Grand Fire Field: 10,000 coins
Grand Nature Preserve: 20,000 coins
Grand Earth plateau: 30,000 coins
Grand Water Way: 40,000 coins
Grand Dark Coves: 50,000 coins
Grand Electric Enclave: 60,000 coins
Grand Gem Grove: 120,000 coins

Being only able to buy one I chose the grand gem grove as it has the greatest coin capacity. Even tho I have no unicorn...
The Halloween habitat - which is earth-Fire - carries 30,000 coins which is equal to the Grand Earth Plateau. Perhaps the next world event will offer a habitat that is equal to water and electric???

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 01:30 PM
Black Friday Sale:
Grand habitats on sale. 150 gems.

4 creatures.

Coin capacities:
Grand Fire Field: 10,000 coins
Grand Nature Preserve: 20,000 coins
Grand Earth plateau: 30,000 coins
Grand Water Way: 40,000 coins
Grand Dark Coves: 50,000 coins
Grand Electric Enclave: 60,000 coins
Grand Gem Grove: 120,000 coins

Being only able to buy one I chose the grand gem grove as it has the greatest coin capacity. Even tho I have no unicorn...
The Halloween habitat - which is earth-Fire - carries 30,000 coins which is equal to the Grand Earth Plateau. Perhaps the next world event will offer a habitat that is equal to water and electric???

How are you seeing this? Where do you live? Is it Monday where you are?
Is this the cyber Monday sale?

Hawksmoor
11-30-14, 02:23 PM

I think saucysammis is referring to the sale that started on Black Friday for Grand habitats. The sale's still going on, each one is on sale for 150 gems.

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 03:07 PM
I think saucysammis is referring to the sale that started on Black Friday for Grand habitats. The sale's still going on, each one is on sale for 150 gems.

Oh shoot. S/he is talking about coin capacity, I thought thats the sale price of regular habitats.
Lol

Hawksmoor
11-30-14, 03:11 PM
Oh shoot. S/he is talking about coin capacity, I thought thats the sale price of regular habitats.
Lol
Oh lol! That would've been sweet!

saucysammis
11-30-14, 03:45 PM

As I commented in the Black Friday thread, I seriously did not mean to rock your boat! Sorry! Just thought I'd put some of the Black Friday grand farm conversations over in this thread.

Drink water. Take some aspirin. If the prices are better tomorrow I will now be able to share your pain.

cquinn32
12-02-14, 11:33 AM
I will pass this suggestion over.:)

So what did they say?

EviBrooklyn
12-02-14, 12:22 PM
So what did they say?

Omg, I was just going to ask her.. What on earth :)