PDA

View Full Version : Sparkling Habitat Glitch

MelodicStars
08-06-14, 07:20 PM
So I've been playing for a while and got a second dark habitat for more dark animals. The problem is that the habitat starts sparkling, the way when a neighbor visits you and taps on the habitat, even if there's NOTHING in there. So I tested it by putting a planther in there and it said there was 250 coins. At first I thought somebody legitimately visited me. However, when I checked the news nobody visited me for at least an hour! That's not the only thing, the coins I collect from that one dark habitat add up to my other coins but when I try to spend them, say upgrading a farm, the game allows it for a few seconds then pauses and goes back to the time where it didn't upgrade. And it subtracts a certain amount of coins from my count (most likely the coins I collected from the habitat) It's been really bugging me and making it confusing since even though it says I have 100,000 coins, I could actually only have 90,000. Does anybody else have a similar problem?

P.S. I'm new here at the forums so I really appreciate any help you can suggest :)

hugpete
08-06-14, 08:01 PM
First I'd try force closing the game. If that doesn't work, turn your device off and on. I had a weird habitat glitch and it remedied itself on a restart. Luck!

MelodicStars
08-06-14, 08:49 PM
I tried what you said and even reinstalling the game and it has not fixed anything :( thank you for the advice though. I am still open to suggestions.

SANDSCApe
08-06-14, 10:29 PM
I've had that problem in Dragon Story, but not here yet. Some people get rid of it by moving the habitat. But in my case, that fix was only temporary and as soon as I placed any building back on that spot, it would sparkle.
My solution was to put other structures on any plots that had the permanent sparkle effect, and put my habitats elsewhere.
Eventually, when coins became overly abundant, it no longer mattered.

BlueCanary
08-07-14, 04:41 AM
I have the same problem on a habitat, moving it does not work- it still sparkles no matter where I place it, nor does force closing or restarting my phone.

kittkat114
08-07-14, 06:56 AM
I have a different issue, but maybe it's not a glitch. With DS, the habitats allow the 250 you get from a visit on top of the habitat max (so a habitat with a 1000 max can hold 1250 when visited). This seems to only allow the visit boost up to the habitat capacity. That really sucks on the small Fire field, since it only holds 250 anyway. Is this supposed to happen?

zenobia42
08-07-14, 08:20 AM
I have a different issue, but maybe it's not a glitch. With DS, the habitats allow the 250 you get from a visit on top of the habitat max (so a habitat with a 1000 max can hold 1250 when visited). This seems to only allow the visit boost up to the habitat capacity. That really sucks on the small Fire field, since it only holds 250 anyway. Is this supposed to happen?

When I woke up this morning and collected from my habitats, I happened to notice that I *did* get the 250 over the limit. So, hate to sound like a broken record but maybe try force closing and restarting.

As for the ghost sparkles, sorry, I have no ideas beyond what's been brought up already. :(

MelodicStars
08-07-14, 09:15 AM
Thank you for the advice Sandscape. It's just like how you said. I moved my dark habitat and it stopped sparkling. But when I put a different habitat, it starts to sparkle again. Pretty much like your situation in DS. I just hope TL will fix this soon. For now my dark habitats are in a different place. Thanks for the help! :)

MelodicStars
08-07-14, 09:19 AM
I would try to reply to the comment directly but I don't know how to use the "reply with quote" :confused: lol anyway I hope those with different problems will find a solution too. :3

zenobia42
08-07-14, 09:29 AM
I would try to reply to the comment directly but I don't know how to use the "reply with quote" :confused: lol anyway I hope those with different problems will find a solution too. :3

Just click "Reply with Quote", and you'll see [QUOTE= ... and a bunch of text. Just type your response in the box after all the code & text (which ends with [/QUOTE] ).

MelodicStars
08-07-14, 09:39 AM
Omg... I placed my farm on the spot where it causes habitats to sparkle and you won't believe it... MY FARM STARTED SPARKLING! Lol I was pretty amused at that since you can't even collect coins from it. I just thought this was pretty funny and decided to tell you guys about it. :p

MelodicStars
08-07-14, 09:41 AM
Just click "Reply with Quote", and you'll see ).
Thank you for telling me much appreciated :)

Snowfall0
08-07-14, 05:21 PM
Omg... I placed my farm on the spot where it causes habitats to sparkle and you won't believe it... MY FARM STARTED SPARKLING! Lol I was pretty amused at that since you can't even collect coins from it. I just thought this was pretty funny and decided to tell you guys about it. :p

WHAT?! You got a sparkly farm? XD Wow! I sorta hope this happens to me. I want a sparkly farm :P

SANDSCApe
08-07-14, 07:03 PM

Yup. It's a neat solution. Like I said in my original post, I put other types of buildings on my DS sparkle spots. Buildings I didn't mind sparkling, like my Light boost sculpture and my Trading Portal.

MelodicStars
08-07-14, 07:15 PM
Yup. It's a neat solution. Like I said in my original post, I put other types of buildings on my DS sparkle spots. Buildings I didn't mind sparkling, like my Light boost sculpture and my Trading Portal.
I agree. It also gives me an extra xp point when I harvest from it lol. But I did find out that it wears off when I close the game. Then again I could just place the farm back on the spot.

AdiraStorm1987
08-12-14, 08:44 PM
Well...now I feel like a jerk. I've been emailing the support team all day complaining that I'm randomly losing coins in various amounts every time I log out of the game. REALLY lost my temper when I had 270,997 coins and bought a Dark Cove habitat only to have the game freeze then take away my Dark Cove and decrease my coin amount down to 248,256. Even though I've earned money various ways, the buk has indeed been from the two sparkling habitats in my game. The odd thing is, the habitat to sparkle first didn't begin doing so until I upgraded it. I'll try what others have suggested and put farms there instead and see if that stops my money loss lol

MelodicStars
08-14-14, 08:54 AM
Well...now I feel like a jerk. I've been emailing the support team all day complaining that I'm randomly losing coins in various amounts every time I log out of the game. REALLY lost my temper when I had 270,997 coins and bought a Dark Cove habitat only to have the game freeze then take away my Dark Cove and decrease my coin amount down to 248,256. Even though I've earned money various ways, the buk has indeed been from the two sparkling habitats in my game. The odd thing is, the habitat to sparkle first didn't begin doing so until I upgraded it. I'll try what others have suggested and put farms there instead and see if that stops my money loss lol
Yep. I didn't bother emailing them but it was really starting to get on my nerves as well. Hope you fixed your problem!

AdiraStorm1987
08-14-14, 09:56 PM
Yep. I didn't bother emailing them but it was really starting to get on my nerves as well. Hope you fixed your problem!

After moving my habitats and placing farms there I saw that they did indeed soarkle while the h?bitats didn't. But my OCD kicked in and I couldn't set up my habitats neatly any other way so I reverted everything back to their original positions. Now I only click on the effected habitats when I see at least one other flashing or know that someone visited me so I'm not seeing huge amounts of money disappearing. Its a shame, though, because I loved making 30,000 coins in thirty minutes lol.

MelodicStars
08-15-14, 02:09 PM
After moving my habitats and placing farms there I saw that they did indeed soarkle while the h?bitats didn't. But my OCD kicked in and I couldn't set up my habitats neatly any other way so I reverted everything back to their original positions. Now I only click on the effected habitats when I see at least one other flashing or know that someone visited me so I'm not seeing huge amounts of money disappearing. Its a shame, though, because I loved making 30,000 coins in thirty minutes lol.
Lol same here. I was really hesitant to move my dark habitats from that one spot cause I really like the design already. But I've made it work out. P.S. Out of all the people who claim that they have OCD, only 2% of that people are telling the truth. Unless a doctor confirmed it for you :P