PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: August Sneak Peek

Aggwynn
08-05-14, 11:28 AM
Hi All,

Here's a little peek into what's coming for August. Maybe a little bit of September too ;)

1) The Glimmer Faeries
Just what are the Glimmer Faeries up to? You've welcomed them into your Kingdom, you've helped their Faeries when they needed you, and you even built Faerie things in your Kingdom to make their stay more comfortable. In return they invited you into their Kingdom. Even though things are going well, why does it feel like the trust still isn't there...?

2) Summer Event
Summer is still upon us! Come celebrate the heat with the Solstice Wanderers and the community! They're finally ready to start the festival!

3) Castle Story 2nd Year Anniversary!
Castle Story is turning 2! Be sure to celebrate this special moment with us =)

4) A Friend Returns
Who could it be? What happens when they come back?

Happy Discussing All!
Aggwynn, Glimmergate, Buttercup :cool::p:o

Info from 7 August

The update tomorrow is for all players LV 10+ - it's a new type of event for Castle Story, so we're giving everyone a few weeks to complete it. After that, well... it's our 2nd anniversary (wow!) Folks who have completed our 1st anniversary update should have access to this questline :) (LV 22+).

After that, we're going back to the end game for a little while, until our seasonal events begin (Halloween!). This isn't set in stone, but it should give you a rough idea of what to expect from us.

dragon2046
08-05-14, 11:45 AM
Can't wait. Love this game! I hope kaz comes back maybe we can't beat up some bad trolls! hate to say it but a little sick of the boars. Lol. And I can remember when we were searching high and low for them oh how the times have changed. :)

zoeee87
08-05-14, 12:33 PM
So excited!!! I wonder what the 2 year anniversary will be??

Galadraal
08-05-14, 01:13 PM
I also hope Kaz is the friend who comes back :-) and am looking forward to the updates

behindthepurplesmoke
08-05-14, 01:35 PM
I'm so excited for these updates! I will probably be able to participate in two (the festival and the anniversary), and if Kaz is the returning friend, 3, because I am almost done with the troll quest line! Thank you for the great updates!

ShibuyaCloth
08-05-14, 02:38 PM
Hope Kaz comes back so I can box his ears, the boars are running through my land is swarms.

maguar
08-05-14, 02:41 PM
Happy Discussing All!

So sneak peak that the CS team has expanded?

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-05-14, 02:43 PM
So sneak peak that the CS team has expanded?
Yeah, who's Buttercup??

belbar22
08-05-14, 02:49 PM
Hope I can participate in the summer event. Going in holiday for a fortnight and will probably not have Internet access. All looks amazing though.

Liloze
08-05-14, 03:35 PM
Who's coming back ? Maybe Ivy's sister ( sheesh forgot her name lol ) Or Old Thomas' friend ? Kaz also is a possibility.
But whomever they are, am excited :)

Seems CS has a new designer member, Welcome Buttercup :)
I hope You won't be hearing our whining next update lol :p

Liloze
08-05-14, 03:51 PM
I must add though hopefully the collecting bug would be fixed before this coming update?!
Because it is going to be a pain trying to finish goals with this bug still around !

tuskmage
08-05-14, 03:57 PM
Yeah, who's Buttercup??

Buttercup transfer from Dragon Story to Castle Story?

oliverrr11
08-05-14, 06:25 PM
Yeah, who's Buttercup??

Buttercup sounds like the name of a pink pony. I don't like it. It has to change! Lol! (Just kidding.)

CottageRose
08-05-14, 06:42 PM
Buttercup sounds like the name of a pink pony. I don't like it. It has to change! Lol! (Just kidding.)
Buttercup would have to be a buttercream yellow pony, with sunshine sparkles in mane and tail, and spring leaf green hooves. Love ya, Buttercup! ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-05-14, 06:47 PM
LOL!! Too funny! Buttercup was the female lead character in The Princess Bride.
Can we get an introduction, please?

...looking forward to the updates in the weeks ahead, thanks for the sneak peek, Aggwynn. :)

Chaotarch
08-06-14, 02:06 AM
3) Castle Story 2nd Year Anniversary!Castle Story is turning 2! Be sure to celebrate this special moment with us =)

lol, we all got a pink pony which drops more energy as a pink alicorn:p

Buttercup would have to be a buttercream yellow pony, with sunshine sparkles in mane and tail, and spring leaf green hooves. Love ya, Buttercup! ;)

or that pony as a welcome present from buttercup, maybe with fearipink hooves...:rolleyes:

or for me as royalpointminion a royalponystatue with 100RP:D:eek:

landa001
08-06-14, 05:03 AM
Do I have to pay gems to continue to build the troll castle for the woven cloth? I have no options as before to create the woven cloth. Also I have done the update and I really though the bug would be fixed but not. I have 3 nbrs when I visit my game crashes & it's not fair to them or me that I can't visit and tip or raise my ratings. TL please don't place an item like woven cloth without an option to create in order to finish building.
Thanks
iPod 4th generation

mymummy789
08-06-14, 08:01 AM
Hope I can participate in the summer event. Going in holiday for a fortnight and will probably not have Internet access. All looks amazing though.

I am away for an internet free week too. Hope I can still participate!!

silveryedges
08-06-14, 09:41 AM
:cool: this sounds very promising. All of it.

Hopefully Kaz will be the one to welcome back to our kingdoms. My troll corner feels a little lonely recently.

And welcome Buttercup. Love the name.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-06-14, 09:57 AM
Hi All,

Here's a little peek into what's coming for August. Maybe a little bit of September too ;) ....(clipped)

Hey Aggwynn ~ If you listed those teasers in order of appearance, are my guesses on the dates below right (or close) for these updates?

1) The Glimmer Faeries - tomorrow, 8/7?

2) Summer Event - maybe a 10-day or two week event? 8/14-8/24 or so?

3) Castle Story 2nd Year Anniversary! - 8/28?

4) A Friend Returns - 9/4?

PS. An intro to Buttercup (& any other new TL peeps) would be greatly appreciated! Maybe HERE (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68868-The-Person(s)-Behind-a-The-Castle-Story-quot-Story-quot)?

PurpleScorpion76
08-06-14, 10:30 AM
I'm hoping for an update tomorrow that I can participate in so I'm hoping for the summer one! Pretty please :)

amerirish
08-06-14, 12:22 PM
Is that Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride? :)

maguar
08-06-14, 02:36 PM
We got this info in another thread

The update tomorrow is for all players LV 10+ - it's a new type of event for Castle Story, so we're giving everyone a few weeks to complete it. After that, well... it's our 2nd anniversary (wow!) Folks who have completed our 1st anniversary update should have access to this questline :) (LV 22+).

After that, we're going back to the end game for a little while, until our seasonal events begin (Halloween!). This isn't set in stone, but it should give you a rough idea of what to expect from us.

29vanilla
08-06-14, 06:56 PM
1. What does going back to "end game" mean?

2. Not sure if I completed 1st anniversary quest; does that mean we wouldn't be able to do 2nd anniversary quest?

Thanks so much for advance info:)

roguebee
08-06-14, 07:16 PM
First Anniversary quest was the Jousting Arena.

Betsy0923
08-06-14, 07:58 PM
I am looking forward to the Solstice Wanderyers. Will they be staying at the Kingdom Inn? Nobody has ever come to stay there. And I hope Kaz is back!

Can't wait to see if I stockpiled the right things. If not, it will only add to the challenges. LOL

Thanks TL to a great summer's end.

Chaotarch
08-06-14, 11:58 PM
2. Not sure if I completed 1st anniversary quest; does that mean we wouldn't be able to do 2nd anniversary quest?

i dont remember, too:confused:

First Anniversary quest was the Jousting Arena.

thx:)

maguar
08-07-14, 04:50 AM
1. What does going back to "end game" mean?

Thanks so much for advance info:)

I'm guessing 1 is the main story line

Seriously700
08-07-14, 05:55 AM
So what are people speculating about today's summer event, given that it's level 10+. I'm guessing it will be more about collecting than stockpiling, since it's pretty hard for lower levels to have much stockpiled. I'm also thinking lots of flowers and mushrooms, and probably dyes although hopefully there won't be huge water demands for those that don't have the first knowledge shard. Other than that, I'm really not sure what to expect. Any other guesses?

roguebee
08-07-14, 06:53 AM
Since it is a community event, it wouldn't be surprising if there is either gifting or asking neighbors involved.

If marketing is involved, maybe each of us will have to build a wooden pony, dye it pink, and then have to visit other kingdoms, tap their pony, until we have collected enough taps to make ours real...

ikbentochnietgek
08-07-14, 06:54 AM
I am very curious about this event. My 2 cents are that although lvl10+ can participate they will have a very hard time keeping up with the quests. Otherwise what would be the challange for a high lvl player? I forgot when i got my keep: below or above lvl 10? If it is above than there will be no adventures or maybe TL will suprise us. In fact any building can be applied for adventures. I am thinking loads of crafting/farming involving all the mats you can find till one hit lvl 10. Only 5 hours to go and we know all the answers. So exited.....

outhouse01
08-07-14, 07:00 AM
Since it is a community event, it wouldn't be surprising if there is either gifting or asking neighbors involved.

If marketing is involved, maybe each of us will have to build a wooden pony, dye it pink, and then have to visit other kingdoms, tap their pony, until we have collected enough taps to make ours real...

Oh, oh, oh. Super excited, another pink pony. (Insert sarcasm here!). Lol Roguebee. Cheers

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-07-14, 09:13 AM
I'm guessing 1 is the main story line

The second anniversary won't require you to have done the first

Maguar ~ In the post you quoted from glimmergate in #23, she also said this:

.....After that, well... it's our 2nd anniversary (wow!) Folks who have completed our 1st anniversary update should have access to this questline :) (LV 22+).

kudukuda
08-07-14, 10:17 AM
They said something about a global event. Maybe someone who plays otherTL games where they've done a global event can chime in here and tell us what it was like (i think someone mentioned that dragon story had one).
I know it obviously won't be the same event but maybe we can get a clearer picture of what kind of things to expect.
What types of rewards and what types of community interactions.
As I am still sick, I hope I can stay up for today's update (it comes in at ten here). If not then first thing tommorow.

I must say that one of the things i DO love about this game is that the updates are different each time, or every other time. It's not just the main story line.
And while I am currently not so thrilled about the fearies and thier plume hide and that story line, I love the different carravans, expantions, festivals and such. It gives each week a different flavour. (other than pink...)
Thanks Aggwynne for the story, and thank you Glimmergat for the numbers (boar tusk drops are too low, btw 😉 though boars are a pleanty) and welcome Buttercup (are you now in charge of the graphics?). And I don't remember who it was Glimmergate said was the person who made all the ideas come to life, but thank you too!!!

Betsy0923
08-07-14, 11:48 AM
In DS, all of the items being collected by everyone (in the world) are combined to earn specific dragons, etc... My guess is that all players will be contributing toward earning some thing. Sounds like fun!! Maybe central exchange or something

jaybay1147
08-07-14, 11:59 AM
Sounds fun.

flechesbleues
08-07-14, 12:37 PM
They said something about a global event. Maybe someone who plays otherTL games where they've done a global event can chime in here and tell us what it was like (i think someone mentioned that dragon story had one).
I know it obviously won't be the same event but maybe we can get a clearer picture of what kind of things to expect.
What types of rewards and what types of community interactions.
Farm Story2 just had a global "birthday" event and a carnival event! The birthday one involved collecting parts (by making deliveries) to build and upgrade a birthday cake, which then in turn produced increasing numbers of cake slices per collection. Once you reached a certain number of slices, you got a prize (there were several goal prizes at different levels). Over a certain number, the cumulative number of cake slices collected by the whole community also counted towards another set of prizes. Farm Story 2 also has a shop where you can trade items, so it was possible to find cake parts (piping bags, etc) being sold by other community members, but that was the extent of the requirement for interaction, I think.

The carnival event was a little different, in that you had to collect "tickets" that were tied to specific activities on the farm and only released a day at a time (for 10 days, I think). Once you had a full set of tickets you could turn them in for a random prize. Alongside that they released a "ticket booth" (sold for gems) where people could craft the later days' tickets from the earlier tickets (which were much more plentiful, and which you had more time to collect) and so reach more prizes more quickly.

roguebee
08-07-14, 07:14 PM
Part of the guess was right, it did require wood to build and it was pink.

maguar
08-08-14, 03:46 AM
Maguar ~ In the post you quoted from glimmergate in #23, she also said this:

You're right I missed that. I edited my post to remove my bit of info

idrispad
08-08-14, 05:06 PM
Folks who have completed our 1st anniversary update should have access to this questline

Was this clarified anywhere? Is it really the case that you can only do the second anniversary questline if you were around for the first or is it just a misunderstanding?

roguebee
08-08-14, 07:00 PM
The first anniversary quest was the jousting arena, which is still available for everyone to do. At least was for me a few months ago.

tentalen
08-12-14, 11:46 PM
Please make Kaz a kingdom Walker. Six troll items in kingdoms and no Troll.

Hi All,

Here's a little peek into what's coming for August. Maybe a little bit of September too ;)

1) The Glimmer Faeries
Just what are the Glimmer Faeries up to? You've welcomed them into your Kingdom, you've helped their Faeries when they needed you, and you even built Faerie things in your Kingdom to make their stay more comfortable. In return they invited you into their Kingdom. Even though things are going well, why does it feel like the trust still isn't there...?

2) Summer Event
Summer is still upon us! Come celebrate the heat with the Solstice Wanderers and the community! They're finally ready to start the festival!

3) Castle Story 2nd Year Anniversary!
Castle Story is turning 2! Be sure to celebrate this special moment with us =)

4) A Friend Returns

Happy Discussing All!

Info from 7 August

HistoryGirl7
08-14-14, 08:55 AM
So when is the 2nd anniversary? Today?

Edited to add: never mind. Looked through game version history and was end of August 2012

Anyuszko
08-21-14, 01:41 AM
I think 2nd anniversary update may start today. Since there are just 2 weeks (2 updates) left, and TL usually post their updates the way they introduce it, that means today we may face the anniversary update...

Anaboe
08-21-14, 05:48 AM
I so hope not, not today! We still need to work on the Sun Stones, so we don't have time and energy for a new event... Besides, I'd like to have a few days rest between the events... And DS also has a world event, so TL is keeping me quite occupied already, don't need another event to keep me buissy ;)

Anyuszko
08-21-14, 06:03 AM
I so hope not, not today! We still need to work on the Sun Stones, so we don't have time and energy for a new event... Besides, I'd like to have a few days rest between the events... And DS also has a world event, so TL is keeping me quite occupied already, don't need another event to keep me buissy ;)

Well, depends on the questline. If it begins with a "Visit Old Thomas 10 times.." or "Collect from lvl 5 mines 6 times" or something like this, you would be able to do both quest paralelly.

HistoryGirl7
08-21-14, 07:22 AM
I'd still like an update today but since they issued bug fixes...dunno

BungoCook
08-21-14, 05:06 PM
Reckon we'll have to wait until the midsummer pyre tent event is done. Which makes sense to me.
So hope Kaz comes back. I'm so bored of boars....

lepaka
08-27-14, 05:10 AM
I am on board almost for 2 years!!!

I still did not CATCH THE RAINBOW :)

Elen4070
08-27-14, 08:32 PM
Want updates! Cant wait for tomorrow!

Rockylandia
08-28-14, 07:12 AM
I am looking forward to an update today. Like many others, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kaz is coming back! That guy really grew on me.

silveryedges
08-28-14, 10:01 AM
I am looking forward to an update today. Like many others, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kaz is coming back! That guy really grew on me.

Same here. Kaz would be great.

HistoryGirl7
09-04-14, 06:40 AM
Do you guys think we will get an update today?

katbtodd
09-04-14, 07:35 AM
I believe we will get a up date today... And hope we get a Sept sneak peek too

zenobia42
09-25-14, 10:01 AM
Hi All,

4) A Friend Returns

I am REALLY hoping that today our friend returns, since this is the last Thursday in "August maybe a little bit of September." ;)

PurpleScorpion76
09-25-14, 10:08 AM
Crazy when you think about it, didn't know a little of September could mean all of it. I'm nearly at the end of Kaz's departure. So if it is his return I should be joining in the fun in a few days.

zenobia42
09-25-14, 10:11 AM
Crazy when you think about it, didn't know a little of September could mean all of it. I'm nearly at the end of Kaz's departure. So if it is his return I should be joining in the fun in a few days.

I actually stalled for like a month on the last step in that line because I didn't want Kaz to leave, lol. Come back home, Kaz! :)

Seriously700
09-25-14, 10:24 AM
I am REALLY hoping that today our friend returns, since this is the last Thursday in "August maybe a little bit of September." ;)

I thought the friend referred to our faerie friends, Azalea and Lila, from last week's update. But I guess they didn't return as much as drop in for a quick visit. We should find out in less than 2 hours.

katbtodd
09-25-14, 11:33 AM
Not sure what's going on... But we don't seem to get weekly sneak peeks anymore. August sneak peaks taking us all through September too !!!

room27
09-25-14, 11:37 AM
Glimmergate has been awfully quiet recently. I hope she's ok. Miss her.

HistoryGirl7
09-25-14, 11:45 AM
Agreed! Maybe she's been on a nice vacation :)

katbtodd
09-25-14, 11:47 AM

Miss her too , Hope she come back .

PurpleScorpion76
09-25-14, 11:56 AM
I thought the friend referred to our faerie friends, Azalea and Lila, from last week's update. But I guess they didn't return as much as drop in for a quick visit. We should find out in less than 2 hours.

Plus friend is not friends unless it was a typo.

zenobia42
09-25-14, 12:11 PM

They are not my friends. I have been playing for over 6 months and I haven't even met them yet. :( :( :( I had SO hoped it would be Kaz, a friend whose next quest probably twice as many of the pool of active players would have been able to participate in. Those tiny updates to drop rates they did helped me finally move forward from having been frozen in place for so long, but now I'm totally frozen AGAIN, this time because my dragon I finally hatched AND the mithril dragon I broke down and bought are BOTH being stubborn about dropping scales, and to boot Little Manty is ALSO being stubborn about dropping whiskers lately and I need a ton of both those drops before I can move forward again.

meme1098
09-25-14, 12:15 PM
Yep...just when you need something, it seems to be near impossible to get.
Happens all the time.