PDA

View Full Version : Answered Rotating items

princealberts
08-05-14, 05:32 AM
Hi. I seem to have a glitch where by I can't rotate any walls or fences. I want to rearrange my kingdom and can't cos the walls won't turn through 90deg, it's just greyed out! Is this just me?

DessertWolf
08-05-14, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately there is no action to actually rotate the walls. However, as you place walls, you are able to get it to automatically rotate by placing them in the direction you would like them facing. Hope this helps!

princealberts
08-05-14, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately there is no action to actually rotate the walls. However, as you place walls, you are able to get it to automatically rotate by placing them in the direction you would like them facing. Hope this helps!

To be honest, no it doesn't help. I know that you used to be able to click 'Edit' and then turn the walls around, and even thought the option is there, it's greyed out. I don't want to have to buy new walls, just so as they are the other way around!

princealberts
08-05-14, 11:23 AM
I've just checked, and when I looked at buying a new wall, it was only going to place it left to right, there was no other option

Queenzod
08-05-14, 11:54 AM
I've just checked, and when I looked at buying a new wall, it was only going to place it left to right, there was no other option

You have to place the wall where you want it, and it automatically aligns with the wall next to it. They'll snap together to form a long wall. If you're trying to place one wall, there's no turning it. But most people don't have just one wall. Do you have a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

princealberts
08-05-14, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to build a square pen for my cows (how sad do I sound!! I'm 43 for gods sake lol) so when I want to make a corner, it won't let me spin the wall around at right angles

Queenzod
08-05-14, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to build a square pen for my cows (how sad do I sound!! I'm 43 for gods sake lol) so when I want to make a corner, it won't let me spin the wall around at right angles

Lol! That doesn't sound sad, it just means you care about your widdle bitty cowsies and want them to be all happy togeber. :) Just make the square and don't try to turn the walls. It will automatically make a corner when those pieces go together and you exit the edit mode.

princealberts
08-05-14, 12:20 PM
Lol! That doesn't sound sad, it just means you care about your widdle bitty cowsies and want them to be all happy togeber. :) Just make the square and don't try to turn the walls. It will automatically make a corner when those pieces go together and you exit the edit mode.

Hi! Right I've got it! Think I was being a little bit thick there! My cows have a happy new pen now! Thanks!!!

Queenzod
08-05-14, 01:57 PM
Hi! Right I've got it! Think I was being a little bit thick there! My cows have a happy new pen now! Thanks!!!

Anything to make the cows happy! Lots of people get stuck on the walls thing. It's not so intuitive. Have fun with CS. It's a great game! Now, the icon, on the other hand... ;)