PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2 in Google Play Store!!!

diva_deanne
08-04-14, 01:33 PM
I was very pleasantly surprised to get a pop up in Fashion Story to download a new game...Farm Story 2!!! I've been playing the game for a while on my I pod Touch and I am so excited to finally play on my android phone. Only drawback is I have to start completely over with a new farm. But now I know how to better play the game. Thanks TeamLava!

MizCricket
08-04-14, 02:16 PM
It would be nice if it actually worked. It won't open on my device. I'm getting an incorrect architecture error. I see lots of bad reviews in the Play store too. Looks like it's a buggy mess. It's a shame. I've missed Farm Story and was very excited to see the pop up today.

diva_deanne
08-04-14, 02:19 PM
Oh no! I have a Note 3 and it is working fine on my phone, for now. I did see the bad reviews on Google Play though. Maybe they have a few bugs to work out.l

kooky panda
08-04-14, 02:23 PM
It would be nice if it actually worked. It won't open on my device. I'm getting an incorrect architecture error. I see lots of bad reviews in the Play store too. Looks like it's a buggy mess. It's a shame. I've missed Farm Story and was very excited to see the pop up today.

What specific device do you play on?

MizCricket
08-04-14, 02:26 PM
What specific device do you play on?

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab model GT-P7310 with Android version 4.0.4.

kooky panda
08-04-14, 02:35 PM
It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab model GT-P7310 with Android version 4.0.4.

I have reported this over.
See current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71704-Will-not-run-on-certain-tablets)

twospoons
08-12-14, 01:33 AM
i'm assuming there will be future versions of this game, the way bakery/restaurant/dragon etc. all release a new version every couple of months. is there any reason i shouldn't be assuming that?

(asking because i don't feel i have the time to give the game a fair shake right now, but don't want to lose out on gems from level-up goals in the other games i play.)

so far i'm not a huge fan. i do like the 3d with the changing perspective when you zoom out, but i play team lava games for mindlessness, and there's just a lot going on here.

nicxole
08-12-14, 03:52 PM
The game is so glitchy on my samsung device. When I open it, it flashes black and I can't do much with it. Disappointing

nmishii
08-12-14, 04:02 PM
The game is so glitchy on my samsung device. When I open it, it flashes black and I can't do much with it. Disappointing

What device do you have?

If you have an older device, may be a memory issue. Its a large app. Try moving it to your SD card. I think it was >117 MB on my phone (Galaxy S3), and now that its on my SD card its down to 41 MB on my phone. It also uses up a lot of space for data.

mamareader02
08-12-14, 04:03 PM
Working fine so far on my kid's nextbook

zozozp
08-13-14, 06:40 AM
What device do you have?

If you have an older device, may be a memory issue. Its a large app. Try moving it to your SD card. I think it was >117 MB on my phone (Galaxy S3), and now that its on my SD card its down to 41 MB on my phone. It also uses up a lot of space for data.

How do u move fs2 to sd card? I tried it on my phone, but can't seem to get it right. Thanks.

nmishii
08-13-14, 08:26 AM
How do u move fs2 to sd card? I tried it on my phone, but can't seem to get it right. Thanks.

The exact steps depend on your device and OS. Go to Settings, then Application manager. I get to Application manager by first tapping the More button in Settings. In Application manager, scroll down and tap Farm Story 2. Tap the Move to device storage button and wait for it to be moved. The Move to device storage might be called Move to SD card or something similar.

nicxole
08-13-14, 10:17 AM
What device do you have?

Ahh thanks I forgot androids have that option. I tried it on my galaxy s2 from a couple years ago. I'll try it when I'm home from work. Hopefully that works!

zozozp
08-13-14, 11:30 AM
The exact steps depend on your device and OS. Go to Settings, then Application manager. I get to Application manager by first tapping the More button in Settings. In Application manager, scroll down and tap Farm Story 2. Tap the Move to device storage button and wait for it to be moved. The Move to device storage might be called Move to SD card or something similar.
Tried the same thing before, I'm not sure what the trouble is. Thanks though.

orleansparish
08-13-14, 12:36 PM
Now i know why i was being asked to get to level 8 on farm 2 on my smaller account. I had no idea it was on android now. Woohoo! Now i can finally focus on my second farm, without messing around with my ipod, thats for my second dragon island. I have a lg g2 and the farm works fine thus far. Hopefully this game makes a believer out of the original farm folks and there wont be too much fussing, from those with phones, this heavy game wont work on.

orleansparish
08-14-14, 06:20 PM
I was very pleasantly surprised to get a pop up in Fashion Story to download a new game...Farm Story 2!!! I've been playing the game for a while on my I pod Touch and I am so excited to finally play on my android phone. Only drawback is I have to start completely over with a new farm. But now I know how to better play the game. Thanks TeamLava!

You dont have to start over if you dont want to. You can switch your ipod account over to your phone and play the same farm on both devices. Although, it would probably be best to keep two farms, that way you can try to send part and maps over to yourself, when in a bind. I try to do this between my three farms, but because im too lazy to play more than one, i rarely get anywhere.

Since this is on android now, can we PLEASE get some gem sales?! We have only gotten one and that was for xmas and I think its so sad. I just bought a $19.99 package to get a second hog, due to it being tax free and itunes not behaving. Id love to buy more, but it aint gonna happen, at these prices.

One last thing, I dont understand why the truffle farm doesnt work on android. You're just asking for future android vs ios debates...ahem....dragon story.

MizCricket
08-15-14, 04:02 AM
Now i know why i was being asked to get to level 8 on farm 2 on my smaller account. I had no idea it was on android now. Woohoo! Now i can finally focus on my second farm, without messing around with my ipod, thats for my second dragon island. I have a lg g2 and the farm works fine thus far. Hopefully this game makes a believer out of the original farm folks and there wont be too much fussing, from those with phones, this heavy game wont work on.

I don't think there will be much fuss. It's been in the Play Store for a while now and doesn't work on my tablet, and I've seen very little activity on the forums about it. Nobody seems to care about this game. It does work on my phone and I'm at level 8 now.

You can't really compare it to the original FS, but you can compare it to other games of this style, and it is lousy compared to those. I tried a different one on my tablet since FS2 doesn't work after seeing people mention this other one in the reviews for FS2. It's completely addictive. I had to delete it from my tablet after 3 days. FS2? Not so much. It's the typical TL formula. Way too hard to get things you need to expand and keep the game interesting. Gem traps galore & no option to confirm a gem purchase. I'm playing it to get gems in my other games, but that's it. TL waited far too long to get this out to Android for there to be much interest. They should have kept updating FS in the meantime so there would have been more people who cared.

Ura0
09-23-14, 07:52 AM
When will we be getting the full version that those on ios have. I read that they have a game in Piper's Treehouse and updates for different versions (like how BS has Honey and RS has Summer Fun)?

nmishii
09-23-14, 12:43 PM
The Farm Story 2 updates for different versions that iOS gets that Android doesn't aren't the same as our BS and RS updates.

For Android updates like Honey and Summer Fun, we get the same content iOS got on Wed, but on Thurs/Fri, or Monday if we wait for the goal with gems.

For Farm Story 2 updates, they get a new 2-3 week event where they can do things and collect things and get prizes that Android will never get. The top prizes are typically animals that drop coins, XPs, tools, and gems.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting these new features in the near future, even though they may say they are working on it. Kind of like how they have been working on Dragon Story parity for the last 2-3 years and haven't released anything yet. I am, however, happy they did at least give us one of the new story games they released in the last couple of years.

zen2071
01-28-15, 02:29 AM
A lot of IOS only features, how about Android? I'm playing on Android device and my wife is playing on Ipad Mini. I'm missing out a lot in terms of features. :(

waimanalokat
10-10-15, 10:33 AM
How come I can't get FS2 on my tablet? I play birthday version fine, no bugs. I get notifications to get FS2 but it says incompatible. I don't understand why I can get one and not the other. I have android version 4.4.1.