PDA

View Full Version : 3rd knowledge shard - agriculture and Sabina

PurpleScorpion76
08-02-14, 10:56 AM
I've asked an adaptation of this question previously. But would like an idea of peoples thoughts.

My earlier question was Pepe or Sabina.

My latest is Third Shard or Sabina. It seems Sabina keeps getting put off. To get Sabina I have bought the cathedral and expanded 3 squares. I still have to buy the Ampitheatre and expand at least 1 more square.

I've also managed to buy the wizard school in between and didn't want to lose the gems so bought as soon as I had them.

Will the third shard get me that bit further along or shall I just pay for it after Sabina?

plby
08-02-14, 12:26 PM
The third shard is the one that gives a chance of additional energy when harvesting crops (if I remember correctly). By far more useful than Sabina :)

CottageRose
08-02-14, 12:29 PM
It depends on whether you still have a lot of quests to do. If not, it might be worth unlocking Sabina and doing her quests, as she is required for a LOT of quests. You could then work on the shard in between the new quests.

PurpleScorpion76
08-02-14, 05:02 PM
I think I have lots still to do, I'm level 31. Nowhere near dragons, manticores, roost, Agnes. Loads. It's the agricultural shard so it must be the one that gives energy. I assumed it doubled the crop!

roguebee
08-03-14, 06:56 AM
With the shard, you'll get an extra crop about every 10 and a couple of energy back. It's different every time, naturally.

reliquary
08-03-14, 07:05 PM
I just got it today...yup it's awesome! It says it gives back 33%energy in harvests. I'm currently on lv 33 and I'm required to make loads of sweets and spicey feasts for adventures...it seems I've been on the kitchens for weeks now! & that shard soooo helpful.

When you come to the part in glimmer gate 2 when you get stuck in the kitchen(methinks at the end parts of Sabrina and fairey respite) then do whatever it takes to get the shard requirements

PurpleScorpion76
08-05-14, 06:14 AM
I got the shard first, it is awesome with the wizard school just purchased I felt like the game doesn't stop at the moment! I decided the extra energy will help me get to Sabina quicker. It is awesome. But I have wondered does it just work on crops as cows etc are part of farming?

PurpleScorpion76
08-05-14, 06:16 AM
Does it also increase or specifically double the tree and magic garden crops? Specifically the magic fruit?

reliquary
08-05-14, 07:55 AM
No, I wish.:rolleyes:
It just works on farming plots. For example for every 10 plots harvested, it will drop 2-3lightning bolt energy.
I have 1 magic fruit tree(always collect from) and still struggle to supply any demand and do the m. Fruit trade at least once a week.
Unfortunately I haven't noticed any increase in drops

PurpleScorpion76
08-05-14, 10:51 AM
Ok thanks. It's weird each time I've looked at my royal exchange ite magic fruit has jumped by 2. Weird! I don't think I've looked at it every other day. I use the RE a lot.

maguar
08-05-14, 03:19 PM
The extra crops that you sometimes get isn't related to the shards. It's been a little bonus since the start of the game and was in play before the shards were released.

PurpleScorpion76
08-05-14, 04:50 PM
Not been a part of my game til now?

PurpleScorpion76
08-05-14, 04:51 PM
Oh hang on, you said crops, what do you mean? The magic fruit?

maguar
08-06-14, 03:25 AM
Basically I was just adding some extra info about this post

With the shard, you'll get an extra crop about every 10 and a couple of energy back. It's different every time, naturally.

PurpleScorpion76
08-07-14, 03:54 AM
Ok cool.